View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 18:52   #992

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMILAN1983 View Post
6 months ago I would have agreed, but right now Thiago is making major progress. He's becoming the defensive leader we want and his positioning has improved a lot. Really, I can see him being the great defender of this generation.
Fair enough...

Just to make it more clear for others, I wasn´t down playing T. Silva in my post. My point about David becoming the better player in the future, relies on the fact at 23yo David is a much better CB than T. Silva was at the same age.

Plus, and just for curiosity(I don´t know if you guys knows about it), but David Luiz only started to play as CB 6 months before his departure to Benfica. Yep, he only had 6 months of experience at the CB position before goes to Europe and become a starter... At 19 years old. At the right environment, this guy could turn into the best, too.

Regarding T.Silva actual level, thats was the way he was playing at Fluminense when we bought him, and imo no one is playing better than him at the moment. He´s really a amazing defender and a great person... I´m really glad for him!
Brasileiro is offline