AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > COMMUNITY > Members Lounge

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-11-2010, 07:57   #25

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
You should watch 'The Damned United' from 2009. It's about the English manager Brian Clough's time at Leeds United (Back when Leeds was a big team). It stars Michael Sheen (Players Tony Blair in the Queen, and Frost in Frost/Nixon) who's an actor I really like.

Definetly worth a watch.
I finally did several weeks ago Christian, and I agree with your last sentence. Later, I found out there were some inaccuracies in the movie, but they don't matter though. I've often read about Brian Clough, how people compare him with Mourinho, and now I understand why. Big-mouths with just as big achievement to make up for it. Thanks for the suggestion, mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijon View Post
I didn't know this thread even existed, here are a few I recommend:

City of God, a Brazilian crime drama with English subtitles, if you liked the Godfather, I''m sure you will love this, very different but equally impressive. I bow down to the guy who directed this, the cinematography is a work of art.
Godfather trilogy, of course
Burn after reading, a quirky satire about a few stupid Americans, whats not to like about that?...if you like dark shock humor then its a must
Monty Python - the meaning of life, there are 2 types of people, those that "get" Monty Python and those that don't
Monty Python - the life of brian, "
Napoleon Dynamite, frikkin hilarious, nuff' said
Despicable me, best animation of teh year for me
District 9, more than just another alien movie, I found the layers
Borat: The cultural leanings of America...toilet humor and sexist jokes at its best
Other movies that are ok: Blood Diamond, Eastern Promises, Syriana
Haven't watched most of them other than City of God, Godfather Trilogy, and Burn After Reading. I'm not really a fan of some slapstick comedy so I must say I could only watch the first half an hour or so of Napoleon Dynamite otherwise I risk of

Anyway I really like Burn After Reading (and most Coen Brothers movies). They mock many things, from plastic surgery to exaggerated paranoia. I nearly laughed my guts out at some of the last lines from the movie:

CIA Superior: “So what did we learn from this?
CIA Officer: “Um... I don't know.
CIA Superior: “I don't ****in' know either. I guess we learnt not to do it again."
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.