![]() |
|
|
#571 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 11 2002
Fave Players: maldini, shevchenko, redondo
![]() |
re-opening...
![]() seen some new members from singapore.. just to let them know that there is thread for s'porean members anyway, any of u went for the enrique iglesias concert?
__________________
milan forever
|
|
|
|
|
|
#572 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 1999
Location: MM : XT
Fave Players: Roberto Baggio,Paolo Maldini & Demetrio Albertini
![]() |
Man!!the last post was last year? Who's the new kid on the block?
![]()
__________________
*Nurul Hudaa* Good? sometimes...Bad?All the time
|
|
|
|
|
|
#573 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Singapore
![]() |
Wow... got a surprise email last nite regarding this thread. Just wondering roughly how many AC Milan fans there are out here in Singapore.
I for one, am 26 years old this year and have oredi made a pilgrimage to the holy land of Milan/San Siro stadium. Too bad the trip was made during off-season but the tour of the museum (inside the stadium) was an experience of a lifetime! Together with a friend (who is 32 years old this year), we have been supporting AC Milan since 1987 during the good old days of Van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard. We should be considered ancient then! ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#574 |
|
Guest
|
I have been missing for very long already, because I get some stupid and very important exam at the end of last year. I got a few days rest now. S-League teams are bad... I think only Woodlands is food. I did pray very hard for the Young Lions to improve (actually thet did better this season). Just came across some interesting article on our collaspe in Champions League. Seems like the press done a better job in writing negetive articles about our team than praiding us for winning the Champions League. S'pore press only like Man United and Arsenal.
|
|
|
|
#575 |
|
Guest
|
I have been missing for very long already, because I get some stupid and very important exam at the end of last year. I got a few days rest now. S-League teams are bad... I think only Woodlands is food. I did pray very hard for the Young Lions to improve (actually thet did better this season). Just came across some interesting article on our collaspe in Champions League. Seems like the press done a better job in writing negetive articles about our team than praiding us for winning the Champions League. S'pore press only like Man United and Arsenal. Too
|
|
|
|
#576 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 2001
Location: Singapore
![]() |
Quote:
As a lifelong AC Milan fan (I'm only 25 years old), I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of coverage your sports team had dedicated to the Milan - Deportivo Champions League match (see match reports on 24-Mar). Although I rarely read your papers, it was a great job! Oh yes, however, I conveniently forgot and have to thank the Gods that Milan's fixture did not fall on the same day as that of 'mighty' Arsenal and 'all-star-with-Beckham' Real Madrid, else I might run into a big problem just finding the match report article on my favourite team in your newspaper. When friends ask what my favourite EPL team is, my answer will always be the blunt 'I do not have one'. As a result, they will either give me a surprise look or the 'you-play-football-yet-don't-have-a-fav-team-to-support' shock face. Why must everyone in Singapore have a favourite EPL team and not say, a beloved Serie A, La Liga or even Bundesliga team? My analysis boils down to several factors, one of which is media coverage. Referring to the article 'Happy hour in Milan' (24-Mar), it really showed the dearth of Italian football knowledge on the part of your sports editor, Wang Meng Meng. He commented that Milan is just beginning to play free flowing football and I would like to point out how wrong he is. Milan is sitting pretty at the top of Serie A, 10 points ahead of Roma and this must definitely account for something right? Has anyone in your sports team really followed AC Milan since Day 1 of the 03/04 Serie A season? For your information, Milan came back 0-2 down to win 3-2 in the exciting derby and convincingly defeated Juventus 3-1 away at the Delle Alpi Stadium very recently. These 2 high profile matches (which did not receive much coverage in your papers) were evidence that Milan already played attractive football even before this article was published. Oh, did I fail to mention that the scorelines for these 2 matches were 3-2 and 1-3 and not the 'to make up for lost time, AC Milan have now turned on the tap and goals are now flowing like water' article Meng Meng had written? Please, get enough knowledge of Italian football before even attempting to write an article like Meng Meng did. If not, please continue to give your whole-hearted focus on EPL teams like Man Utd, Arsenal or Liverpool, which is your forte. Sometimes I wish David Beckham's transfer to Milan went through or perhaps if new Milan sensation Kaka' was English. I would definitely be a faithful follower of the New Paper sports edition. Forza Milan, Chern San P.S. For daily doses of the latest happenings in Italian football (in English), click here and enjoy: http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/ |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#577 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 11 2002
Fave Players: maldini, shevchenko, redondo
![]() |
lol, good one sevenX
![]()
__________________
milan forever
|
|
|
|
|
|
#578 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2004
Location: Singapore
Fave Players: PMaldini,CVieri,RPires,ANesta,RKaka,RinoGattuso
![]() |
Singaporean? Wait let me pinch myself...bang!!!! Back to reality...oh yeah now i remember im a singaporean..hiya fellow countrymen/women...hows is it going huh? humanTORCH! i didnt know you were a singaporean..alrite now i know..glad to see a lot of milan supporters in singapore..cool..be back later..
![]()
__________________
ASHLEY |
|
|
|
|
|
#579 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 11 2002
Fave Players: maldini, shevchenko, redondo
![]() |
CremeDeLaCreme u like human torch? u know something? he's a ehem ehem nvm..
![]()
__________________
milan forever
|
|
|
|
|
|
#580 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2004
Location: Singapore
Fave Players: PMaldini,CVieri,RPires,ANesta,RKaka,RinoGattuso
![]() |
YOU ARES ABSOLUTELY RITE SEVEN7!!!!!! so right...its true...in singapore..football only revolves around Arsenal.Liverpool and especially Man UTD..or in short EPL...Serie A needs more attention..im gonna write in to the newpaper..damn...it sucks...and more over there wld only be one page of Serie A...it sucks really!
__________________
ASHLEY |
|
|
|
|
|
#581 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2004
Location: Singapore
Fave Players: PMaldini,CVieri,RPires,ANesta,RKaka,RinoGattuso
![]() |
oppppsss..i mean you are..not you ares...lol
__________________
ASHLEY |
|
|
|
|
|
#582 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2004
Location: Singapore
Fave Players: PMaldini,CVieri,RPires,ANesta,RKaka,RinoGattuso
![]() |
Quote:
__________________
ASHLEY |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#583 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 11 2002
Fave Players: maldini, shevchenko, redondo
![]() |
lol i was just kidding.. anyway my name is adrian.. dont call me milan_forever, aight?
__________________
milan forever
|
|
|
|
|
|
#584 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2004
Location: Singapore
Fave Players: PMaldini,CVieri,RPires,ANesta,RKaka,RinoGattuso
![]() |
lol...sure adrian...i dont know ya so i had to call ya by ya nick..oh by the way i know you were kiddin adrian..haha..how long have you guys been a milan supporter??..ya know since serie A aint that popular among singaporeans but getting popular now...
__________________
ASHLEY |
|
|
|
|
|
#585 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 11 2002
Fave Players: maldini, shevchenko, redondo
![]() |
ive been milan fan since mid 90's maybe slightly later than that... i remember at that time we were doing pretty badly.. 8th or 9th in the table.. but still seeing maldini and co impressed me...
so i started being a milan craze since then..![]()
__________________
milan forever
|
|
|
|