AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > COMMUNITY > Members Lounge

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-12-2004, 12:45   #451

Debs

Administrator
 
Debs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
The new Phantom of the Opera movie! Wonderful! Don't listen to the idiot critics, I saw nothing wrong with it and want to go see it again!
__________________
...not your normal paranormal....
Debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2004, 17:51   #452

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stezagud
yeah Donnie Darko is a top quality film

I was one of the fools who bought it when it was a cult film so i payed quite a lot for it but since then its reputation has made into a sort of cult-mainstream film (if that makes any sense?)

Its hard to describe the plot in detail without giving too much away but it is definately worth watching.

I saw "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" again a few days ago and that is another great film, well worth watching if you get the chance. I also saw the original Manchurian Candidate (starring Frank Sinatra ) which was good but i thought it was a little too implausable, i wont go into why as im not sure if the remake follows the original exactly and i dont want to risk spoiling that for anyone
I think that when Donnie Darko went mainstream, a worse version of the DVD came out (less extras), so it might be better you got it early. Luckily for me, I got the DVD on sale and it was the original with all the extras in there.

I really want to see One flew over the cuckoo's Nest, but haven't ever had the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs
The new Phantom of the Opera movie! Wonderful! Don't listen to the idiot critics, I saw nothing wrong with it and want to go see it again!
I've heard that critics have slated this movie. I don't know much about it at this point, so if I get to see it, then I'll definately watch it with an open mind

To all in Britain (probably Europe and America if not other places too), House Of Flying Daggers came out in cinemas yesterday. Definately a must see this one! I know I already praised before, but must do so again, I loved this film (I saw the uncut version too, unfortunately the cinema releases are cut, but it shouldn't leave out too much)
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2004, 19:13   #453

Stezagud

Registered User
 
Stezagud's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: England
Fave Players: Keano (ret), Rooney, Maldini
Stezagud is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think that when Donnie Darko went mainstream, a worse version of the DVD came out (less extras), so it might be better you got it early. Luckily for me, I got the DVD on sale and it was the original with all the extras in there.
If i remember right there are a few hidden extra's in there as well, though i cant remember how they are accessed..
__________________
'Well, Clive, it's all about the two Ms - movement and positioning.' - Big Ron
Stezagud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2004, 19:16   #454

Angel_Cic

Registered User
 
Angel_Cic's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Fave Players: Kaka' & Ronaldinho
Angel_Cic is on a distinguished road
ok this movie is on tv now, although i've seen it 5 times already i can't get enough of it...truly excellent! it's called "frequency" staring jim caveizel and dennis quaid. it's kind of complicated to explain...but if you can get a hold of it...i highly recommend it.
__________________
[M]
Angel_Cic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2004, 11:44   #455

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Frequency rings a few bells, but I can't remember what it is.

I saw 2046 last night. Its by Wong Kar Wei and is brilliant. Its got amazing cinematography and some great themes (storyline and music wise) and is a joy to watch. Its a art house romantic drama I guess and fans of In the Mood for Love will love it.
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2004, 18:50   #456

mk18

BANNED!
 
mk18's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: amman, JORDAN
Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
mk18 is on a distinguished road
today i saw this very old russian propoganda movie about the cuban revolution... its called "i am cuba" ... its very good and eventhough theres propoganda in it theres some truth in it as well... CUBA!!!!!!!!!! .. its like heavennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn... i wanna go there.. i wanna become the jordanian ambassador there!!! ... i love it!!! just amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2004, 16:37   #457

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I saw The Grudge (Japanese version) last night. It is very well made and beautifully structured. Not necessarily the scariest film around but its well done and definately worth a look.

Lets hope the american remake is good, although I have my doubts
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 16:42   #458

Debs

Administrator
 
Debs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
Not that it's a movie I'd recommend, I can hardly even call it a movie, but I actually watched more than half of Jackass:The Movie and I about died laughing! I think I was laughing more at the fact that the guys doing the movie were actually so stupid to try any of those stunts, but the ones where they dressed up as old men were totally hilarious, especially the shoplifter segment!
__________________
...not your normal paranormal....
Debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 16:59   #459

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs
Not that it's a movie I'd recommend, I can hardly even call it a movie, but I actually watched more than half of Jackass:The Movie and I about died laughing! I think I was laughing more at the fact that the guys doing the movie were actually so stupid to try any of those stunts, but the ones where they dressed up as old men were totally hilarious, especially the shoplifter segment!
talking about Jackass reminds me, has anyone seen the show Dirty Sanchez? Its like Jackass but they do MUCH worse stuff

sorry thats off topic, so...

I saw Van Hellsing last night, I don't recommend it, its dreadful
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 06:59   #460

Debs

Administrator
 
Debs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
I actually liked Van Hellsing, but then I like heroes who dress in black.....
__________________
...not your normal paranormal....
Debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 09:56   #461

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs
I actually liked Van Hellsing, but then I like heroes who dress in black.....
hmm...well, to be honest I didn't really get the plot (to me it didn't make much sense), the main badguy was weird and annoying, I really don't get Frankenstein's monster's role in the whole thing and the acting I thought was bad.

But, two things kept me interested...

1) The women (sorry, I know its being shallow, but its the truth )
2) Van Hellsing is a cool hero, although they made him a little lame in this film (and yes, heroes in black are normally the coolest )
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:35   #462

Rapierist

Registered User
 
Rapierist's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2002
Rapierist is on a distinguished road
O Brother, where art Thou?

Just watched it on cable. Good Movie. Funny.
Rapierist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 17:20   #463

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
It is a good movie Rapierist

Anyway, last night I saw Ghost In The Shell 2 (an anime) and must say its truly awe inspiring. A fairly straight forward plot had been given great depth and it truly works wonders. The characters are the same as those from the original GITS (I recommend you pick this up if you haven't already seen it, lets just say you'll realise where the original Matrix got its ideas/inspiration from ) and are all developed brilliantly, with the main ones having a lot of depth to them. It seems a little less Scifi than the original, but this has little influence in the quality of the film. Also, special mention must be given to the visual effects. I have NEVER seen an animation look this good (it blows Final Fantasy: Spirits Within and any Pixar work away)!!!!!! It is like looking at a great artists painting, with details as far as the eye can see and depth that works a lot on the imagination as well as the eyes.

One drawback is it can be hard to follow (hardly surprising considering the director, also known for Avalon, which is one of the most complex films I've ever seen, but still recommend VERY highly!!) and critics call it pretentious. This is fair enough point, as the film tends to delve far into philosophy and on numerous occasions quotes philosophers and books. However, personally, I never found this to feel off putting to the film at all, nor did I find it pretentious.

Simply, this film is beautiful and a must watch!

ps - the dog in it is just great
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 23:44   #464

Milan4eva

Registered User
 
Milan4eva's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Fave Players: Batistuta, Ortega, Maldini, Irwin, Maradonna, Garr
Milan4eva is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs
I actually liked Van Hellsing, but then I like heroes who dress in black.....
Co-signed. . And yest ACM1983, that woman playing Anna was hot!!!(I forgot the name since it was so long ago, it's good enough I remember her film name!)

Hmm, last movie I watched. I watched Hero the day before. Not bad. But they coulda made it better. IMO they spoiled some parts. I didn't quite get it all in the end.
Milan4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 01:09   #465

Milan4eva

Registered User
 
Milan4eva's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Fave Players: Batistuta, Ortega, Maldini, Irwin, Maradonna, Garr
Milan4eva is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh yeah, Kung Fu Hustle is an absolute waste of money. Wasn't funny at all. Unless the area you live in sorely lacks quality chinese films, then I'd say don't go for it.

Anyone got the lowdown on Ocean's Twelve? I just saw Eleven a few days ago and it wasn't bad..
Milan4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.