![]() |
|
|
#61 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2002
Location: Lahore, Pakistan.
![]() |
Quote:
![]() You'll be able to get it from touts outside Old Trafford. The FA Cup final tickets sold for £100 on the black market. This one should be available for £50 at most. You'll have to try your luck in Manchester and won't be the only one. Getting a ticket in Milan's section will be hard to get. Keep that in mind.
__________________
___________________
ACM 1899 ___________________ |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#62 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2002
![]() |
Stop cribbing, the lot of you.
Its only January and Juve are just five points clear. They still have to play us at home. If we win that (which we definitely can), and Juve draw with another team, that is five points dropped right there. Be patient. The season isn't over yet. |
|
|
|
|
|
#63 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 01 2005
Location: London
Fave Players: Pirlo, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso
![]() |
Haroon, that is for the game at San Siro. Not at Old Trafford. The tickets only go on sale in Italy for AWAY CL ties 7-10 days before the match. I just cant be bothered to go all the way to Milan myself and I feel bad asking my family in Bergamo as it is still quite a drive. I have been talking to Milan box office everyday this week and I even called Old Trafford who told me the same thing. It looks like I will have to go there to buy the tickets anyway. The flight to Milan is only £70 so I can do that. There will be tickets for sure as there always are in the AWAY games.
Last edited by PirloDaBest; 24-01-2005 at 11:24. |
|
|
|
|
|
#64 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Malta
Fave Players: Van Basten Baresi Maldini Gattuso Nesta
![]() |
I'm confident because our phisical preparation is better than that of Juve i.e. I expect Juve to slow down in March because we have a larger and better squad, plus that Capello always plays the same 11 which can be an advantage for us in the long run.
Let's hope that we can be more lucky in our bad days. For example Juve deseved a loss against us and Cagliari but managed 2 points that stole vs Bologna to get 3 points. We have to finalise more our chances like the Kaka chance vs Livorno, the chances vs Juve, Roma etc. WE ARE BETTER THAN THE GOBBI
__________________
CAMPIONI D'EUROPA No.7
|
|
|
|
|
|
#65 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 09 1999
Location: Twin Peaks, SF, CA, USA
Fave Players: the Under-12s
![]() |
This may have been because of the early hour (@6.00 AM) I was watching the match, but I just never felt Milan played all that well. They just seemed a tad bit slow to react, not into the game. The Livornese, on the other hand, were giving their all, and sometimes that will compensate for lesser talent. You've got to hand that to them. Sure the referree was dicey (note that the match was played in Livorno, so they would usually get the 50/50 calls anyway...he was giving them everything and more though), but in the end the game plan was flawed and the execution poor. When that happens, even a little provinical Toscano side can beat you. That happened. Kaka played poorly, was Rui Costa even there? Still, we could have conceivably won, had the ball bounced our way. These things happen. Nobody likes it when they do, but they do. It had better stop happening away from home, or we won't catch Juve though. They never ever let down in domestic competition (and the rare times they do, they seem to get a little push from the man in black), so they shopuld not be allowed to forge ahead so cheaply.
__________________
All the cutest puppies support AC Milan. |
|
|
|
|
|
#66 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
![]() ![]() ![]() |
Pippo is coming back..keep the faith
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES |
|
|
|
|
|
#67 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
![]() |
Has anyone noticed that almost every time we close the gap between us and Juve, the week after we blow it? It has happened at least 3 times, we are not taking our chances quite well. It is true, it is only a game at Livorno, but what kept me thinking is that, we didn't manage to beat Livorno in both our ties :/. Another negative thing, is that I really can't see the Cafu-Nesta-Stam-Maldini defense line do what most people expected. They still haven't kept a clean sheet and they played 2 games (Udinese, Livorno). I didn't see in the highlights any positive notes from the defense.
We have quite a tight schedule coming up before the Man U game, I hope I see some squad rotation, and I hope we find our MAXIMUM form. "Spring" that every1 at Milan talked about since summer, is almost here. They kept saying we will find our form on spring. So far, i've seen an inconsistent Milan side. Hope the lads get their heads together and fix their prob. Good news is that Pippo scored 2 in practice! ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#68 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2004
Location: Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini, Baresi, Gullit, Shevchenko, Kaka
![]() |
5 points is not much we have only played 20 games out of 38, if we win our head to head with them in May and they draw one game thats 5 points for you. they have palemero away soon without nedved, wouldnt rule out a palemero win.
P.S. Pirlo is back for the next game! |
|
|
|
|
|
#69 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 03 2002
![]() |
I'm glad that Pirlo is finally considered as 1 of the solid starting XI in your formation.
But you haven't still admitted for 2 years you have been accusing him. Nevermind. Who cares. After all, people will ask me to shut up and be respectful to others. _____________________________________________________________ I don't think going back to 1 striker will do us any good. Probably in some good matches, but not THE solution. Remember the game when we were trailing 2 goals behind after 1st half against Inter last season? There were numerous examples when MIlan played with 1 striker and did poorly. It's as much as Milan playing poorly with 2 strikers. I just don't think the problem, if there is one, lays over there. |
|
|
|
|
|
#70 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 01 2005
Location: Chicago, USA, but born in Bulgaria
Fave Players: Sheva, Pirlo, Gattuso, Nesta, Maldini, Bojinov,
![]() |
we cant blame the referee. we brought this upon ourselfs. we played bad and we cant deny that. i dont think ancelotti is to blame so much it was just a bad game we have to put behind us. lets hope we can play like we did last game.
this is a record to consider last 3 away games- juve-milan 0-0 palermo- milan 0-0 livorno- milan 1-0 I think we gonna do well on our next home game but we gotta work on scoring away from home |
|
|
|
|
|
#71 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Oak-town, Baby!
![]() |
Jeff, what's up with your anger and frustration man? It's good that you stick up for Pirlo 'cause of Bayman's constant bashing at him. Once a while, just let it go man... sometimes you need arguments to make your life more interesting -D
anyway... I haven't watched the game and what can I say? THe only thing as a milan supporter is to keep faith and NOT be patient... well i should say the team shouldn't be patient to wait for Juve's downfall. All the players should fire up all the cylinders and win it all the way until the end. Play like there is no tomorrow. I also think it's time to rest Crespo and Kaka for the next game. About Cafu-Nesta-Stam-Maldini lineup... I don't know, I think they did a'ight. However, I do worry aobut they go head-to-head against young fast forwards, such as Martins. But hey, what do i know? Peace yo... |
|
|
|
|
|
#72 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2003
![]() |
Quote:
2. One game doesn't change the fact that we played most of our best games (Bayern, Depor in 02/03) with a single true striker. Against roma 03/04 Sheva was our only real target man too. Knowing Galliani's unwillingness to spend on dynamic creative offensive players, I'd be even happy if we pick up Figo on the cheap next summer. Solari is the better option, though.
__________________
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple." Bill Shankly Last edited by Bayman; 24-01-2005 at 16:51. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#73 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
![]() |
What the he!! is up at this forum!!!!!
We lost 2 matches this year, are ONLY 5 points behind Juve and are yet to face them knowing we a FAR superior! This on top of the fact the halfway point of a VERY LONG season has only just passed!!!!!!!!!!!! YET, people are saying this league is already gone! Haroon, you know I respect you as a poster! BUT, your talk about away form is quite ridiculous! This season, our away form is equalling our home. Were not scoring as much, but we get the job done with solidarity. As for the past three matches, LOOK at who we faced! Juve, Palermo and Livorno. Juve are the most solid team in Serie A with Palermo 3rd (or at least they were when we faced them). Livorno on the other hand are on an incredible resurgence under Donadoni!!! You mention Barca match too, a match that we didn't have to win, but they did! At the time we were far from our best whilst they were at their peak! IS ANYONE HERE GOING TO DOUBT WE HAVE IMPROVED SINCE THEN!!!??? More generally, during this period we've also faced Palermo again (COPPA), LECCE and UDINESE!!! These are three of the most impressive sides in Serie A this year and we beat each of them convincingly!!! All the talk about inconsistency is insane too! We've just gone through probably the hardest 2 months of our season so far and were still close to Juve, who are doing no better than us bar the fact they have an easier schedule!!! The Livorno match was bad!!! BUT, we know we are capable of more. The players know this, Ancelotti knows this and the whole of MILAN knows this! The season is far from over and will only hot up once CL starts up again, thats when the best will show their WORTH!!! Ancelotti did make mistakes against Livorno and imo gave them more respect than he should have. We should have been far more aggressively set up, but we weren't and deserved to lose! However, this match won't end our season Bayman, stop with the cr@p already! We don't need any new players, we have the best squad in Europe if not the world. Pirlo showed his importance as did others. You talk about Pirlo being physically ok for Serie A but not La Liga or Premiership!!?? Serie A is one of the most physical games around, how on earth did you come up with that statement!!!?????????? Tactically, we can't always rely on 4-3-2-1. We need to adjust our system and play accordingly rather than try and ALWAYS impose ourselves! Everytime we lose, we try to play our game against sides who are completely prepared for it and we never change our style and try to force things! I'm hoping Ancelotti understands that as well as imposing ourselves in matches, we sometimes need to adapt our system to counter the opponents! THIS SEASON IS FAR FROM OVER!! JUVE HAVE NOTHING AT THIS POINT!!! I'M SICK OF JUVE FANS ACTING SMUG, AT THE END WE'LL SHOW OUR SUPERIORITY!!!!!!! ![]() WE ARE FROM FROM OVER!! BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#74 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 03 2002
![]() |
Thanks ACMILAN 1983, I don't want to get into this argument with Bayman anymore because it's just so pointless.
He is just SO quick in jumping to buying a new player that whenever our team lost, he comes. It's just plain weird. I wonder where he is when the team won. And the team won most of the time. We have a fantastic year be4 when we have 1 striker, but he doesnt want to see that our team, so far, has won MOST OF THE TIME. |
|
|
|
|
|
#75 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2003
![]() |
Well I say the same things even if we win...actually all the time.
Thing is I somehow smell big trouble against Manchester United. If we beat them convincingly over 2 legs everything is fine, but I somehow doubt that. All the game until then to me are mostly preparation and we shouldn't get more than 5 behind Juve. More important is to convince...and I'm not talking about crushing offensive playing mediocrity (Fiorentina) 6-0, but cracking down tight defenses regularly.
__________________
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple." Bill Shankly |
|
|
|