AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-02-2005, 05:34   #16

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
All of it is racism. It's kind of a weird pattern of behavior in which one will be racist to the opponent's player yet love and appreciate their own "negroes".
We all have to watch out at who we call racist too. Because in many ways when we look deep down within ourselves, we have to ask the questions; When was the last time you had a man of color invited to your house as friends? Would you allow your children to marry across racial lines? How do you feel about a man of color being your employer or boss? Have you ever voted for someone to a government position of different race/races other than your own? Then the reality hits home! Maybe we are bigots too. It is easy to point the finger at every thing else with exception of yourself. Just trying to have us do a little self reflection ob this issue.
FORZA MILAN!

Last edited by Kui; 28-02-2005 at 06:02.
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 09:21   #17

Stefan

Registered User
 
Stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2005
Location: UK
Fave Players: Maldini, Sheva, Pirlo
Stefan is on a distinguished road
I think your points are totally invalid Kui, certainly for me personally. I have many black friends who I spend a large amount of time with socially. I would have no problem with a black man being my boss, or any of the other points you raised.

And whether or not you can agree with that personally, it certainly does not give fans of any club the right to racially abuse players from other teams, and resort to throwing bananas at them! It is totally unacceptable, and would be just the same if our fans did it.

My point is that when a club is involved in an anti-racism scheme in the way that inter are, then someone should be brave enough to stand up and condemn their fans for it. I would certainly expect Galiani, Ancelotti and all the players to condemn similar actions if they were by our fans.
__________________
FORZA MILAN

ALE SHEVA


Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 09:35   #18

rae

BANNED
 
rae's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Memel, Lithuania
Fave Players: Costacurta Giggs & Rui Costa
rae is on a distinguished road
Useless discussion. As I have mentioned, this offencive action can not be treated as a racistic abuse just because Inter has their own negro players. So if they really have racistic pont of view they should offend their own stars. This fact contradict to action.

PS: Am I a racist if I do not have ''coloured'' friends? [because my country's economical situation is too poor to have any immigrants]
rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 09:53   #19

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rae
IMO they can not be racist just because they have their beloved Obafemi Martins. Simlpy as that. End of worthless disussion.
No, this simply shows that they are stupid.
If you make monkey sounds to offend Seedorf you are an ignorant racist, even if players on your team, you boss, your wife and your fifth grade teacher are black.
__________________
...and that is my opinion, but I could be wrong
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 10:07   #20

rae

BANNED
 
rae's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Memel, Lithuania
Fave Players: Costacurta Giggs & Rui Costa
rae is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik
No, this simply shows that they are stupid.
If you make monkey sounds to offend Seedorf you are an ignorant racist, even if players on your team, you boss, your wife and your fifth grade teacher are black.
Yup, Inter fans never were the most educated people in the world.

Although what is the link between blackman and monkey? Colour? Only colour? We all are somehow related with apes At least if someone denies Darwin's theory...
rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 10:10   #21

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
I think your points are totally invalid Kui, certainly for me personally. I have many black friends who I spend a large amount of time with socially. I would have no problem with a black man being my boss, or any of the other points you raised.

And whether or not you can agree with that personally, it certainly does not give fans of any club the right to racially abuse players from other teams, and resort to throwing bananas at them! It is totally unacceptable, and would be just the same if our fans did it.

My point is that when a club is involved in an anti-racism scheme in the way that inter are, then someone should be brave enough to stand up and condemn their fans for it. I would certainly expect Galiani, Ancelotti and all the players to condemn similar actions if they were by our fans.
No Stefan you wouldnt be a racist. And obviously the message I posted wouldnt pertain to you. And no Rae the obviously when it comes to people of color in wouldnt pertain to you. But racism isnt just directed at people of color. I'm talking about people of certain attitudes that refuse to inter-mingle, inter-marry, or even send their children to the same schools as others.
You'll be surprised to find out there are many people who consider themselves non-racist yet dont accept or practice any of the priciples that I mentioned above. Obviously I've made people very conscientious about themselves when pertaining to this race issue. Please note that my post was not made in any way to accuse anyone of being a racist. So I'm not too sure why you, Stefan and Rae were getting a little offended here. I just wanted people to firstly back-up and self reflect who they are as individuals. Thanks for your concerns.

FORZA MILAN!
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 10:21   #22

rae

BANNED
 
rae's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Memel, Lithuania
Fave Players: Costacurta Giggs & Rui Costa
rae is on a distinguished road
Well, bascally I do not got offended at all. I jsut wanted to say that these days racism is treated not the exact conceptin as it written in dictionary. Now racism is everywhere and everytime. Too many speculations made about this issue. Word loses it's conception. This is my concern.
rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 10:25   #23

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
I do understand what you are saying. It's a word that does get thrown around a lot these days.
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 10:28   #24

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rae
Although what is the link between blackman and monkey? Colour? Only colour? We all are somehow related with apes At least if someone denies Darwin's theory...
The ignorant try to make the connection with monkeys coming from africa and maybe too the color. But it is a really offensive way to classify any type of person.
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 10:30   #25

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rae
Yup, Inter fans never were the most educated people in the world.

Although what is the link between blackman and monkey? Colour? Only colour? We all are somehow related with apes At least if someone denies Darwin's theory...
I sincerely doubt that those Inter fans have read Darwin's 'Origin of Species by means of Natural Selection'.
__________________
...and that is my opinion, but I could be wrong
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 10:34   #26

rae

BANNED
 
rae's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Memel, Lithuania
Fave Players: Costacurta Giggs & Rui Costa
rae is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kui
The ignorant try to make the connection with monkeys coming from africa and maybe too the color. But it is a really offensive way to classify any type of person.
But we also are orginated form Africa, dont we.... so whats the matter....

The real europeans are homo sapiens and not homo sapiens sapiens....am I wrong...
rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 10:38   #27

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rae
But we also are orginated form Africa, dont we.... so whats the matter....

The real europeans are homo sapiens and not homo sapiens sapiens....am I wrong...
Allthough I may fit into you description of a "real European", I am actually Neanderthal, but noone seems to notice.
__________________
...and that is my opinion, but I could be wrong
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 10:45   #28

rae

BANNED
 
rae's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Memel, Lithuania
Fave Players: Costacurta Giggs & Rui Costa
rae is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik
Allthough I may fit into you description of a "real European", I am actually Neanderthal, but noone seems to notice.
do not get me wrong... I do say that we - homo sapiens sapiens are orginated in Africa and homo sapiens were found in Neanderthal walley so the can call themselves ''real europeans'' as we - ''real africans''

But it is not the point. Is it true that black people are moneys or colser to them than white people. I guess no. So why to offend coloured man it is used monkey sound and to offend white man it is not used?
rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 10:57   #29

Ruffian

Registered User
 
Ruffian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: ...ovunque...
Fave Players: Nesta, Maldini, Costacurta
Ruffian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rae
As I have mentioned, this offencive action can not be treated as a racistic abuse just because Inter has their own negro players. So if they really have racistic pont of view they should offend their own stars. This fact contradict to action.
"Negro" is considered an offensive word in English. Just so you know.

Racists are not logical people. Maybe they support their own black players, but if they make monkey noises at any black player, this is unacceptable. I don't care if it's a former Inter player. If they treat him differently than they would a white "traitor", it's racism. And I didn't notice Pirlo getting any monkey abuse.
Ruffian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 10:57   #30

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rae
But it is not the point. Is it true that black people are moneys or colser to them than white people. I guess no. So why to offend coloured man it is used monkey sound and to offend white man it is not used?
Did you just get spagetti stuck in your keyboard? Your spelling is normally better than that, I honestly don't know what you were trying to say.
__________________
...and that is my opinion, but I could be wrong
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:45.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.