AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > COMMUNITY > Members Lounge

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2005, 09:35   #31

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_chris
This country was partially founded on the principals of seperation between church and state, and it was for good reason too. I also tend to think that those who founded this country are infinitely smarter then you, me and the lunatic running this country right now or the lunatics who have run the country previously. Those who founded this country were mostly all spiritual men who realized the problems that occur when religion influences government.
Yes they were men of FAITH who believed in god. Yet it is the secular world, comng mostly from the left who want to erase the existence of "god" from the books of US history and tradition. They dont like a pledge that has under god in it or a phrase that says "In god we trust". Or a nativity scene at a roadside or even when you say "Merry Christmas". So please! Dont lecture me young man about what is griping just you. There is a tug of war going on and it isnt just the religious right that imposing. The secular left is doing it as well. You ask me personally, I think both are going too far. But you thihk it is only the religious right doing it. I dunno maybe I'm wrong. But you sure as hell arent correct either!
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:47   #32

Christopher

Registered User
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2005
Christopher has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kui
Yes they were men of FAITH who believed in god. Yet it is the secular world, comng mostly from the left who want to erase the existence of "god" from the books of US history and tradition. They dont like a pledge that has under god in it or a phrase that says "In god we trust". Or a nativity scene at a roadside or even when you say "Merry Christmas". So please! Dont lecture me young man about what is griping just you. There is a tug of war going on and it isnt just the religious right that imposing. The secular left is doing it as well. You ask me personally, I think both are going too far. But you thihk it is only the religious right doing it. I dunno maybe I'm wrong. But you sure as hell arent correct either!
Never said I was correct but I also don't try to change the way other lives their lives. History books are inaccurate anyways? Why do they make native americain out to be hethens and barbaric people? If you know your history you'll know they werent, and the real story behind it all. History books don't highlight much of this countries struggles they only tell you what certain people want you to believe. Believe me this isn't what is griping just me, there is more people out there just like me then you realize in your little world. I don't think it is just religion, there are a lot of things I have problems with like big business. So don't lecture me "OLD MAN" on the history of this country and problems it faces currently.
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:51   #33

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
First of all, we might be arguing some points we truly disagree on and then foolishly arguing on points we actually agree on.
SO here is where I stand.
I have no problem people of religion involved in politics because it does contribute to "diversity" in this nation, whether you disagree with them or not. People of faith have every right to get into the political process like any other group and rightfully push their agenda as every other group does. That would include all those who I disagree with politically including the secular left who shove their agendas down our throats as well.
It is hypocritical when the leftist faculty at a University get whackos like Ward Churchill on left to speak at a forum calling people who died at the WTC "little eichmanns" and claim First Amendment rights yet dont give time for right whacko David Duke to spew his ignorance as well. If you ask me... I dont want to hear a$$-holes Ward or Duke speaking anything at any forum let alone a University. Both are intellectually dishonest and both have their supporters somewhere in the seats of power executively,legislatively and/or in our courts.
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio

Last edited by Kui; 07-06-2005 at 10:01.
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:59   #34

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_chris
Never said I was correct but I also don't try to change the way other lives their lives. History books are inaccurate anyways? Why do they make native americain out to be hethens and barbaric people? If you know your history you'll know they werent, and the real story behind it all. History books don't highlight much of this countries struggles they only tell you what certain people want you to believe. Believe me this isn't what is griping just me, there is more people out there just like me then you realize in your little world. I don't think it is just religion, there are a lot of things I have problems with like big business.
I dont know what history books you were looking at, but there are a few that are accurate and very critical of this country's expansion to the west. You need to be mindful though that if this makes you angry, you me and the rest of the US are a product of such venture. Are you angry at yourself??? You and I should be, but otherwise we probably wouldnt be here if ole man 49ers didnt trek across the the west to look for GAWLD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_chris
So don't lecture me "OLD MAN" on the history of this country and problems it faces currently.
HAHHAHAHAAHA! A fighter! Yeah I deserved that.
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:02   #35

Christopher

Registered User
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2005
Christopher has disabled reputation
Quote:
First of all, we might be arguing some points we truly disagree on and then foolishly arguing on points we actually agree on.
It wouldn't be the first time we've done that.

Quote:
SO here is where I stand.
I have no problem people of religion involved in politics because it does contribute to "diversity" in this nation, whether you disagree with them or not. People of faith have every right to get into the political process like any other group and rightfully push their agenda as every other group does. That would include all those who I disagree with politically including the secular left who shove their agendas down our throats as well.
It is hypocritical when the leftist faculty at a get whackos like Ward Churchill on left to speak at a forum calling people who died at the WTC "little eichmanns" and claim First Amendment rights yet dont give time for right whacko David Duke to spew his ignorance as well. If you ask me... I dont want to hear a$$-holes Ward or Duke speaking anything at any forum let alone a University. Both are intellectually dishonest and both have their supporters somewhere in the seats of power executively,legislatively and/or in our courts.

Yeah I had to listen to Ben from Ben and Jerries Ice cream lecture my graduating class durring our graduation ceremony about how the war in Iraq is wrong . . . frist off about 95% of the students agreed and about 75% of the parent problably did too, however we had faculty, students and parents walk out, and there was lots of booing, like I said the majority agreed with him, however it was the wrong time and place. And I agree there are tons of whackos out there on both sides . . . if religion is going to push its agenda in politics it better watch its boundaries . . . pesonally I think that is like playing with fire.

Last edited by philly_chris; 07-06-2005 at 10:07.
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:05   #36

Christopher

Registered User
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2005
Christopher has disabled reputation
Quote:
I dont know what history books you were looking at, but there are a few that are accurate and very critical of this country's expansion to the west. You need to be mindful though that if this makes you angry, you me and the rest of the US are a product of such venture. Are you angry at yourself??? You and I should be, but otherwise we probably wouldnt be here if ole man 49ers didnt trek across the the west to look for GAWLD.
I am pretty much outraged by what happened, I went to school in Ithaca NY up by many reservations and it is appalling . . . and what is even more disturbing is that the government still has an agenda against these people.



Quote:
HAHHAHAHAAHA! A fighter! Yeah I deserved that.
Yeah I saw that quip about me being young I wasn't gonna let that go!

Last edited by philly_chris; 07-06-2005 at 10:07.
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:13   #37

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_chris
History books don't highlight much of this countries struggles they only tell you what certain people want you to believe.
Are you sure??? Maybe people ought to read more books than just the ones that are required in class no??? Most if not all history books from many american authors are very critical and honest about the history of the US expansion. There are also many different perspectives and takes depending on whose viewpoint one is taking it from. I would say both perspectives are accurate only as far as what position they take. In other words both pioneers and Indians in history accurately portrayed the other side as barbarians yet were not honest to point the finger back at themselves. ANd this is the root to what we may be talking about when we also talk about politics.


Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_chris
Believe me this isn't what is griping just me, there is more people out there just like me then you realize in your little world. I don't think it is just religion, there are a lot of things I have problems with like big business. So don't lecture me "OLD MAN" on the history of this country and problems it faces currently.
So what ever it is that is "griping" you...Had you been given the power to correct this, would it not be hard to not impose what ever your will is to correct what in your mind is a problem???? You see to fix what ever it is that is bothering you, it does require much imposition. What say you now to those who may dissent???
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio

Last edited by Kui; 07-06-2005 at 10:15.
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:26   #38

Christopher

Registered User
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2005
Christopher has disabled reputation
Quote:
Are you sure??? Maybe people ought to read more books than just the ones that are required in class no??? Most if not all history books from many american authors are very critical and honest about the history of the US expansion. There are also many different perspectives and takes depending on whose viewpoint one is taking it from. I would say both perspectives are accurate only as far as what position they take. In other words both pioneers and Indians in history accurately portrayed the other side as barbarians yet were not honest to point the finger back at themselves. ANd this is the root to what we may be talking about when we also talk about politics.
In high school the books glossed over everything, it wasn't until I got to college, that I really learned, and yes both sides have their stories and yes both sides have to look at themselves before blaming others, however it was not the Native Americans who broke multiple treaties, and if and when they did it was only out of sruvival after they had been moved to reservation after reservation. This is also true with politics you are correct.


Quote:
So what ever it is that is "griping" you...Had you been given the power to correct this, would it not be hard to not impose what ever your will is to correct what in your mind is a problem???? You see to fix what ever it is that is bothering you, it does require much imposition. What say you now to those who may dissent???
What is griping me is that you have two sides trying to tell each other how to live their lives instead of simply respecting each other differences and learning to co-exhist and respect each other beliefs. If I could be president for a day that would be my agenda. I don't like fox news so I watch cnn, they don't like howard stern so they listen to another channel I dunno Rush Limbaugh or whatever, kinda simple if you break it down and even things out, but there is no need to dictate to another group you beliefs, government should make laws to protect people not tell them how to run their lives on a daily basis.
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:31   #39

Christopher

Registered User
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2005
Christopher has disabled reputation
Quote:
You see to fix what ever it is that is bothering you, it does require much imposition. What say you now to those who may dissent???
You listen and take into consider their grievance, if it is ridiclous like trying to change the name of a hockey franchise you tell them, they are a private club they can name themselves whatever they want, sorry! or else if it is something that is understandable then you work to make things better by making concessions or giving equal oppourtunity.

however my original point was that there are more people out there then just myself who think what I think or something a long the same lines.

Last edited by philly_chris; 07-06-2005 at 10:35.
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:41   #40

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly_chris
In high school the books glossed over everything, it wasn't until I got to college, that I really learned, and yes both sides have their stories and yes both sides have to look at themselves before blaming others, however it was not the Native Americans who broke multiple treaties, and if and when they did it was only out of sruvival after they had been moved to reservation after reservation. This is also true with politics you are correct.
Good that you went to college and learned this. And yes it is a tragic history that of the American Indians. Is this an American ideal or did this mentality come from Europe. As far as I can tell, this is the only country that can openly admit to wrongdoings in our past. It's not perfect i admit, but far better than the rest of the world. I've met german students who never heard of the term lebensborn to my shock or japanese students who never knew they even went to war with china in WWII. Listen the whole world is filled with ignorant people including those who did go to college. I've met people who still live in the "jungle" who come from both big cities as well as rural areas. Likewise I met very learned and worldy known figures of people of all political sides coming from the cities as well as the rural towns, both red and blue states.


Quote:
What is griping me is that you have two sides trying to tell each other how to live their lives instead of simply respecting each other differences and learning to co-exhist and respect each other beliefs. If I could be president for a day that would be my agenda. I don't like fox news so I watch cnn, they don't like howard stern so they listen to another channel I dunno Rush Limbaugh or whatever, kinda simple if you break it down and even things out, but there is no need to dictate to another group you beliefs, government should make laws to protect people not tell them how to run their lives on a daily basis.
It's irritating yes. But it does come from both sides Philly. The other side is also being reactionary to what they believe is a threat to their livelihood and beliefs. This give and take that we see in politics is actually very healthy. I dont what the heck everyone is so afraid of??? Seriously we should be more afraid of other drivers on the road I dont care who they are! Republican, Democrat, left, right, religious, secular, drunk and even sober! This is where you need to be afraid!
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:57   #41

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehnsucht79
FUCK (sorry)

First inzaghi now kaka and what next ?? Marco Melandri to get married too ?? Why are the men running off ????
Back on subject...
Inzaghi's getting married??? He has a bad track record with keepin commited Sucht so I dont know why you are so sad. Besides I thought you and me were married??? I might have forgtten to tell you this, but you did get knocked up the night before you woke up not feeling normal
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:28   #42

KhRiS

Registered User
 
KhRiS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2001
Location: MilanMania Forums.
Fave Players: Man with Hand in Pocket feel Cocky all Day
KhRiS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kui
Back on subject...
Inzaghi's getting married??? :
I had Posted it Earlier.
KhRiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:15   #43

Angel_Cic

Registered User
 
Angel_Cic's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Fave Players: Kaka' & Ronaldinho
Angel_Cic is on a distinguished road
so anyway...i've decided that kaka' isn't marrying chica in 2006....since i will steal him away before then...mwhahahaha

__________________
[M]
Angel_Cic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:16   #44

Angel_Cic

Registered User
 
Angel_Cic's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Fave Players: Kaka' & Ronaldinho
Angel_Cic is on a distinguished road
to khris:" but Men can Fake Entire Relationships "

i agree with that part
__________________
[M]
Angel_Cic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 18:18   #45

mk18

BANNED!
 
mk18's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Location: amman, JORDAN
Fave Players: maldini, sheva, baggio, weah, mvb, cruyff
mk18 is on a distinguished road
anyone got that pic of kaka with those 3 gorgeous women in the san siro stands last year??? ... its been asked for alot of times yet no one bothers to post it... and i know some1 has it... theyre too hot!!!!
mk18 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:35.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.