AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2006, 09:06   #1

devoted_dm

Registered User
 
devoted_dm's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2000
Location: Norway
Fave Players: Pirlo, Nesta, Gattuso and Roberto Baggio
devoted_dm is on a distinguished road
Sheva: Milan for life

click

"The ‘Corriere dello Sport’ claims Van Basten’s arrival would spark a revolution in the ageing side, including Andriy Shevchenko’s switch to Chelsea.

The Stamford Bridge outfit has been putting in multi-million pound bids for the former European Player of the Year for the last couple of campaigns and Milan could finally give in to raise funds for a new defence and midfield reinforcements."


Usually I wouldn't pay much attention to transfer rumors concerning Sheva, but this time I'm actually starting to wonder (perhaps I shouldn't). It just strikes me that if there ever was a time when we'd have to sell our beloved nr 7, it would be this summer, because the squad is definitely in need of a major overhaul, and we need money to buy new players.

Then again, shouldn't Berlusconi (who is, in fact, richer than Abramovich) provide us with the necessary funds to obtain new players, instead of the club having to sell our most important player to do so?

I dunno, I just didn't like reading this...
devoted_dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 09:32   #2

MilanPerSempre

Registered User
 
MilanPerSempre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Shevchenko, Kakŕ
MilanPerSempre is on a distinguished road
Yeh, actually I had the same feeling when I read that article a couple of hours ago.
But maybe we don't need to worry at all because this is already the second or third year in a row that Chelsea is linked with Sheva. This is probably just a rumour again....a rumour to fill the newspapers and internet sites.
MilanPerSempre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:38   #3

goose

Registered User
 
goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Centreville, VA USA
goose is on a distinguished road
Wow, just read the article myself and I'm pretty stunned. Don't know why, we've seen a lot of transfer crap bandied about involving our squad through the years but I can see this going down over the summer.

I tell you what, if Sheva goes Galliani better demand 100M plus every Chelsea fan's firstborn child and then resign.
__________________
Grow up, lighten up, shut up.
goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:21   #4

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
hmmm i did not like it either when i read it..does anyone know if there is anything between mvb and sheva?
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:29   #5

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8
hmmm i did not like it either when i read it..does anyone know if there is anything between mvb and sheva?
there is hardly anything less than mutual respect, and on Sheva's side sheer admiration too. I guess CdS speculates on the fact that MvB almost completely revolutionised the Dutch NT by giving ample chance to young and inexperienced players, some of whom were peviously virtually unheard of.
It would be only normal to expect that, should he take charge of Milan, he would do something similar here too, and with Sheva already 30 yo and a crazy Roman willing to pay insane money for him, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Ukrainian go to London in return for lots of money that could be invested in building a new squad.

Last edited by zlatanov; 04-02-2006 at 11:32.
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:07   #6

meazza

Registered User
 
meazza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Fave Players: maldini
meazza is on a distinguished road
no no no.

I admit I would be tempted if sheva leaving meant we got Gallas, Alex (chelsea could offer one as a swap and let go of their option on Alex) and Sneijder with the cash and Torres to replace sheva. but still, it's shevagol. He's more than just a player to milan he's a symbol of us as a world class side.

and what if Torres was crap? How many goals does Sheva score, important goals, like in the CL semi final, or the one that won us the league when playing Roma?

Can't imagine Sheva at another team.
__________________
I've had Delia Smith.
meazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:16   #7

rae

BANNED
 
rae's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Memel, Lithuania
Fave Players: Costacurta Giggs & Rui Costa
rae is on a distinguished road
Actually I dont think that we should sell Sheva... only if they offer us at leastno less than 100 mio euro
Quote:
Originally Posted by meazza
Can't imagine Sheva at another team.
I do. In Dinamo Kyiv
rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:28   #8

Josh-Sheva

Registered User
 
Josh-Sheva's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Fave Players: Pirlo, Gattuso, Sheva, Ron, Gila, Kaka, Lampard
Josh-Sheva is on a distinguished road
I dont think we should sell sheva at all!!!! thy can go buy eto'o or ronaldinho but not sheva
__________________
Gourcuff- UnBeAtaBlEBeat Him
Josh-Sheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:34   #9

GRE-NO-LI

BANNED!
 
GRE-NO-LI's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Platini, Zico
GRE-NO-LI is on a distinguished road
Well... Sheva is really a MONSTER player, and I already listed him as an 'untouchable'... BUT... BUT... if the sum we eventually got for him was enough to purchase Torres, Oddo, Chivu, Lugano, Barzagli, Sneijder, Camoranesi and Frey, I won't be that sad...
GRE-NO-LI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:57   #10

Dr Milano

Registered User
 
Dr Milano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Zlatan, Pato, Silva, Nesta & Robinho
Dr Milano is on a distinguished road
Sheva won go he is milan property and enshallah he will always stay here



chelsea may go bankrupt i think they will
__________________
Abbiati
Sokratis Thiago Nesta Antonini
Flamini Pirlo Boateng
Pato Ibrahimovic Ronaldinho

Dr Milano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 13:03   #11

Sash22

BANNED
 
Sash22's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Sash22 is an unknown quantity at this point
I know that MvB voted Sheva as "FIFA player of the year" award a year ago... so I don't understand why would he want him to leave.
And people I can't understand u... Yes we need reinforcements in midfield and defence, but letting Sheva go will create another huge hole in our attack. Players like Sheva appear once in a decade, when he is in good shape u see him everywhere: playing in flanks, as a midfielder or playmaker and as a target-striker or even helping out the defence... and now he is even our captain for god sake.
And what about Torres? What did he do? He is just a nice striker with cute haircut... What Sheva contributed and may still contribute in future worth more than 100 milion euros, and I heard that once Real offered like 120 mil dollars for him (like 4 years ago when they were the great galacticos and we forgot when was the last time we won any trophy) and the man stayed...
Just remember all the trophies we won, who was our hero in the decisive moment...
And anyway if Sheva leave I'm switching my team as a fan also...
Sash22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 13:14   #12

shevagol_7

Registered User
 
shevagol_7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Sheva, Maldini, Kaka'
shevagol_7 is an unknown quantity at this point
A hallmark of Van Basten's National side is that he has few stars and a lot of hard work. So should Van Basten be our coach next season it wouldn't be all to surprising to see Sheva leave. But it would be extremely disappointing to see him go. Especially to Chelsea, he would be a major hit in England.
__________________
FORZA ROSSONERI!!!!!!
shevagol_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 13:14   #13

Dr Milano

Registered User
 
Dr Milano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Zlatan, Pato, Silva, Nesta & Robinho
Dr Milano is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sash22
I know that MvB voted Sheva as "FIFA player of the year" award a year ago... so I don't understand why would he want him to leave.
And people I can't understand u... Yes we need reinforcements in midfield and defence, but letting Sheva go will create another huge hole in our attack. Players like Sheva appear once in a decade, when he is in good shape u see him everywhere: playing in flanks, as a midfielder or playmaker and as a target-striker or even helping out the defence... and now he is even our captain for god sake.
And what about Torres? What did he do? He is just a nice striker with cute haircut... What Sheva contributed and may still contribute in future worth more than 100 milion euros, and I heard that once Real offered like 120 mil dollars for him (like 4 years ago when they were the great galacticos and we forgot when was the last time we won any trophy) and the man stayed...
Just remember all the trophies we won, who was our hero in the decisive moment...
And anyway if Sheva leave I'm switching my team as a fan also...
very true my friend this is a great post ........ But i must say almost no one will want him to leave anyways well except some im sure most milan fans will be hurt inside if he leaves
__________________
Abbiati
Sokratis Thiago Nesta Antonini
Flamini Pirlo Boateng
Pato Ibrahimovic Ronaldinho

Dr Milano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 15:04   #14

hottie

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: in my dreams
Fave Players: Sheva,kaka
hottie is on a distinguished road
i realy hope he aint going to leave,i can`t see sheva playng againts us..if sheva leaves for a team like chealsea or barcelona wee can kiss all the champions league titles good bye for the next 4 years...
hottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 15:21   #15

GRE-NO-LI

BANNED!
 
GRE-NO-LI's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Platini, Zico
GRE-NO-LI is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sash22
And anyway if Sheva leave I'm switching my team as a fan also...
So you are NOT a true Milan fan, but only a Sheva fan, and that's sad.
GRE-NO-LI is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.