AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2006, 03:37   #106

alex22

BANNED
 
alex22's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
alex22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Sant: I spent last week in Cuba on vacation
Aren't u at war or something with Cuba??? I heard there's american embargo on Cuba and stuff like that.
alex22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:58   #107

minhduc

Registered User
 
Join Date: 04 2006
minhduc is on a distinguished road
There is no such war in Cuba, embargo is just a system that punishes any company that deals business with the country when that company goes to the USA, not any kind of physical war.

Last edited by minhduc; 08-04-2006 at 04:03. Reason: error
minhduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 05:31   #108

alex22

BANNED
 
alex22's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
alex22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
embargo is just a system that punishes any company that deals business with the country when that company goes to the USA
...ah??? This one only Zlatan can understand.
I know there is no physical war, I meant tense relations. That this two countries close their borders to each other. No trade, no tourism (atleast I thought though before Sant said he visited there). Usa also refusing to recognise Castro and his government, tryed to kill him dozen times.
And I heard that there is a military base on cuban soil (Guatamala or something, I think it's a military jail), what's about that? How comes that USA provents Cuba join the NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement), but on the other hand cubans let them visit their country and build military bases?
alex22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 08:25   #109

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex22
...ah??? This one only Zlatan can understand.
I know there is no physical war, I meant tense relations. That this two countries close their borders to each other. No trade, no tourism (atleast I thought though before Sant said he visited there). Usa also refusing to recognise Castro and his government, tryed to kill him dozen times.
And I heard that there is a military base on cuban soil (Guatamala or something, I think it's a military jail), what's about that? How comes that USA provents Cuba join the NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement), but on the other hand cubans let them visit their country and build military bases?
You can save these for the flamer's paradise and talk Cuba in that forum. INteresting questions though.
Cheers.
__________________
The sure provisions of my lord,
Attend me to all my days.
O may thine house be mine abode,
And all my works be praise.
There would I find a settled rest,
Where other go and come;
No more a stranger nor a guest,
But like a child at home.

My Shepherd will...

KZION Radio
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:46   #110

minhduc

Registered User
 
Join Date: 04 2006
minhduc is on a distinguished road
The military base in Cuba was built long before Castro came into power by a lease agreement reached with Bautista regime (I may be wrong about this name) which said if Cuba wants to get back the base it has to reach an agreement with the USA. By that the USA refuses to agree to reture the base and the Castro's Cuba by no mean can get back the base by force. Though the Castro goverment refuses to collect rental fee from the US US troop will be there indefinately.

I believe despire of the different system existing in Cuba the country is really beautifull and worth seeing, lobster costs a couple of dollars per kg.
minhduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:24   #111

alex22

BANNED
 
alex22's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
alex22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh.. thanks for explanation. But they could kick them out in the 60's, when there was an armed cinflict between this two nations. Wasn't it a little bit risky for the soviets to put nucluer missiles in a distance of just a few kilometers from american military base?
alex22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:51   #112

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex22
Oh.. thanks for explanation. But they could kick them out in the 60's, when there was an armed cinflict between this two nations. Wasn't it a little bit risky for the soviets to put nucluer missiles in a distance of just a few kilometers from american military base?
Of course it was risky ... or maybe stupid is a beter word for it ... that's why we have the term "Cuban Crisis" when the world came as close to a Nuclear war as it has ever been to. But that's hardly a question for MM mebers to answer. This type of question should have been asked to Nikita and you are about 40-45 years too late.
It's all in the past now, let's leave it there. Can't change past mistakes but can only learn from them.

Last edited by zlatanov; 08-04-2006 at 10:54.
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:05   #113

alex22

BANNED
 
alex22's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
alex22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Zlatanov: that's why we have the term "Cuban Crisis" when the world came as close to a Nuclear war as it has ever been to.
I guess u didn't hear about Nagasaki and Hiroshima, smart boy like u.

P.S. I knew u wouldn't miss such intellectual debate, way to go Zlatan!!
alex22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:23   #114

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex22
I guess u didn't hear about Nagasaki and Hiroshima, smart boy like u.

P.S. I knew u wouldn't miss such intellectual debate, way to go Zlatan!!
Sash, first try to get your facts straight and then enter a duscussion. What you are referring to was just an experiment, a quite unnecessary end to a "normal war". It wasn't a nuclear war, "just" a nuclear massacre.
If there ever was a nuclear war, well, let's just say that we wouldn't be here today.
As for the intellectual debate part, there never was one, let alone an intellectual one, as for a debate you need two parties, two sides ... here what we have is one side and a high-school kid that has skipped it's history classes because the stuff you have been asking questions about, you should have covered in high school already.

Last edited by zlatanov; 08-04-2006 at 11:47.
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:26   #115

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
guys, I urge you to stick to the subject otherwise people may get in trouble (which we've had enough of lately)
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:39   #116

alex22

BANNED
 
alex22's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
alex22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Did I call it a "nucleur war"???? Did I??? Just a moment, give me a sec... nope, can't remember that I did... again as usual u full of sh*t.
U said that cuban crisis is when the world "came as close to a Nuclear war as it has ever been to" and I just thought that in Japan the world was a little-tiny-bit closer (talking about few inches closer than in Cuba that's all) to the "nucleur war"... u know since it was actualy used on humans in a time of war, the rest it's just a game of words. Politicians like to play words, are u a politician Zlat? Smart boy like u...
And u say I supposed to cover this stuff in school, well not every human been on the planet supposed to know all the details about Cuban-USA relations and it's history, or Soviet involement in "Cuban Crisis".
Nevertheless I'm sure I know history better than u, wanna bet?? Let's go to flamer's paradise and have ourself some trivia, and I'll kick ur azz... oh I forgot, u are to grown-up for that (btw I already told u that I finished school).
alex22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:57   #117

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex22
Did I call it a "nucleur war"???? Did I??? Just a moment, give me a sec... nope, can't remember that I did... again as usual u full of sh*t.
U said that cuban crisis is when the world "came as close to a Nuclear war as it has ever been to" and I just thought that in Japan the world was a little-tiny-bit closer (talking about few inches closer than in Cuba that's all) to the "nucleur war"... u know since it was actualy used on humans in a time of war, the rest it's just a game of words. Politicians like to play words, are u a politician Zlat? Smart boy like u...
And u say I supposed to cover this stuff in school, well not every human been on the planet supposed to know all the details about Cuban-USA relations and it's history, or Soviet involement in "Cuban Crisis".
Nevertheless I'm sure I know history better than u, wanna bet?? Let's go to flamer's paradise and have ourself some trivia, and I'll kick ur azz... oh I forgot, u are to grown-up for that (btw I already told u that I finished school).
No, but I did and you quoted me on it. Also, I told you to get your facts straight and then discuss things that are so beyond you. When Hiroshima and Nagasaki took place, the U.S. was the ONLY nuclear capable state in the world. How could you have a nuclear war in those conditions when anything involving the word "nuclear" would have been pure massacre ... as it was in deed. The necessary conditions for a nuclear war came into existance only after the Soviets announced that they have an A-bomb as well and soon after several other countires followed suit.
Also, when Hiroshima and nagasaki happened, the Soviets and the US were "allies" so to speak as the Cold War hadn't even started and they all were united vs Germany and japan. During the Cuban Crisis was when the Cold War came to its peak and that's why even the most insignificant negative gesture could spark a nuclear war, let alone deploying tactical missles in US's backyard.
Now, let's put an end to this, becuase I really hate it when I have to explain obvious things. Not to mention that it's well beyond the topic of this thread.

Last edited by zlatanov; 08-04-2006 at 13:12.
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 14:33   #118

alex22

BANNED
 
alex22's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
alex22 is an unknown quantity at this point
I see u have some comprehension problems, u just gave me some facts on the ww2 and cold war, that most of them unrelevant to our debate. And then u tryed to give some false definitions to different terms like what is nuclear war and massacre. I'm gonna devide ur post into number of paragraphs and relate to each one of them, and to show how full of sh*t are u.

Quote:
1.No, but I did (called Cuban Crisis as a nucleur war) and you quoted me on it.
When? Where? I quoted u saying that Cuban Crisis was the closest that was to nucleur war. I don't remember u calling any war as a nucleur war, and especial didn't quote u doing so. This is the first time u are full of sh*t.

Quote:
2.When Hiroshima and Nagasaki took place, the U.S. was the ONLY nuclear capable state in the world. How could you have a nuclear war in those conditions when anything involving the word "nuclear" would have been pure massacre ... as it was in deed. The necessary conditions for a nuclear war came into existance only after the Soviets announced that they have an A-bomb as well and soon after several other countires followed suit.
Here u are munipulating our debate to make things easy on u, as I already said it's all game of words. The definition of Nuclear War is : "Nuclear war, or atomic war, is war in which nuclear weapons are used." I checked that on babylon and wikipedia, and u can do the same. But why isn't it considered as a nuclear war? Because history is written by the winners and americans don't want this big stain on their conscience and image. How could they play this roll of good guys protecting the world from communism and terror if in every discussion in the UN they were blamed for this and compared with the nazis or something. I'm sure if it was on the contrary, and americans were bombed without responding, they would call it a "Nuclear War".

And lets look the definition of the word massacre: "events of deliberate and direct mass killing, especially of noncombatant civilians or other innocents, that would often qualify as war crimes or atrocities". It doesn's depend who is bombing who, and even in case of two nations bombing each other it would still be considered as a massacre. So in case of what u call a "nuclear war" avoiding a massacre is impossible. On this paragraph u get 2 points of being full of sh*t.

Quote:
3.Also, when Hiroshima and nagasaki happened, the Soviets and the US were "allies" so to speak as the Cold War hadn't even started and they all were united vs Germany and japan. During the Cuban Crisis was when the Cold War came to its peak and that's why even the most insignificant negative gesture could spark a nuclear war, let alone deploying tactical missles in US's backyard.
Yes, thank u for the history lesson... but what's that has to do to anything? I wanted to go easy on u and give u only half point, but cause u babbled so much without point in this one u'll get a full point of being full of sh*t.

Quote:
4.Now, let's put an end to this, becuase I really hate it when I have to explain obvious things. Not to mention that it's well beyond the topic of this thread.
I already invited u to Flamer's Paradise, but u are must waiting to moderators to interfere and stop our debate and save ur sorry azz. For this one u get another point.
So u gathered 5 points of bullsh*ting, and that's alot for smart boy like u!!! As I already said man... u are simply full of sh*t.
alex22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 14:50   #119

King tiger

Registered User
 
King tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
Location: Sarajevo
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini,Jaap Stam,Schevchenko
King tiger is on a distinguished road
Alex wtf is wrong with u.I readed some of your comments before and all u want to do is argue with people abou matters that dont go in this topic.Nuclear war is when 4 example USA attacks SSSR with an a-bomb and then they attack them with a-bomb, then the brits involve and china itd.and our planet is destroyed.
Nagasaki and Hiroshima were terrible part of human history, and American history, but it was not the nuclear war, because if it was then Japan would attack America eith a-bomb, it was an terrible massacre of innocent lives, and yes the Americans are to blame.Im not a fan of Americas relations to other countries, nor am i fan of Bush goverment, but the theory of a nuclear war isnot true.
King tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 15:03   #120

alex22

BANNED
 
alex22's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
alex22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Who is this? What do u want?? Please take this guy away from me... can't u read, do u have problems with your eyes, brain perhaps? I just gave u a clear definition of what is "nuclear war" by dictionary, what f*cking theory are u talking about??? And why are u blaming me for the arguing, it's take to for tango... damn I only wanted to know how come the americans are allowed to visit Cuba.
alex22 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.