AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-04-2006, 17:02   #19

Vadim

Moderator
 
Vadim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2005
Location: Chicago
Fave Players: San Paolo
Vadim is on a distinguished road
Great post Hesham, you really broke the game down well.

Some people (mostly neutral observers) may say we didn't play well or that it was an ugly match, well I say WHO CARES? It wasn't pretty, but we got the 3 points and are now a step closer to clinching 2nd place and the Scudetto is still not lost. No one was injured, and we split Inter this year. Can you imagine what would've happened if Inter won both times this season? Inter fans would've had the best moment of their pathetic lives! This is a great victory for our pride.

Now, for the actual match. Defense played superb. Maldini and Cafu did extremely well, considering how long they haven't played 90 minutes. Figo only managed to get by San Paolo once, I think. Nesta was very solid at center back, as was Kaladze. Inter had no real chances, only on desperation crosses. Figo heading wide was a real scare.

Dida... What can I say? He will give some Milan fans heart attacks before the season is over. This whole season he has been very inconsistent. He can not continue to drop crosses and shots and hope that the ball gets cleared by our defense. I think that we need to look for good young keepers after the season, as Dida seems to lost concentration, or whatever it is that is wrong with him.

In the midfield Seedorf and Gattuso were doing a great job controlling the tempo, but I have to say I think we need Serginho's runs down the flank and his crossing vs. Barca, I just don't know how Carlo will put him back into the mix with Maldini back. Pirlo was very mediocre. That's all I can say about him, nothing really in particural about his game. Kaka looked to be resting for Barca at times and was mostly shut down by Inter's defense.

Up front, I think Gila did a great job. He fought for every ball and was a menace to Inter's defense, unlike usual where he just stays up front and waits for the ball to come to him. Today it was different, I think it was this kind of tenacity in high-stakes games that will propel him into the ranks of the best strikers in the world. Sheva, like Kaka was resting for the Barca game IMO, otherwise he would never have been taken out for Rui Costa.

This was a great coaching performance by Carlo. We didn't put too much effort into this match but still got the 3 points. Great decision to put Paolo and Cafu back into the starting 11 to give them some match-time before Barca. I'm not sure whether both of them will play or not but great decision nonetheless.

Anyways, great game, we got the 3 points and that's all that matters. FORZA MILAN! Oh, and we beat Inter
Vadim is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:56.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.