AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-06-2006, 17:05   #31

Graeme C

Moderator
 
Graeme C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
i thought it was funny how the italians whistled at him in the first 5 mins of play....
Graeme C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2006, 18:02   #32

Vadim

Moderator
 
Vadim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2005
Location: Chicago
Fave Players: San Paolo
Vadim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Quote:
Toni hasn't impressed me at all in the WC. Even the goals today had nothing to do with him, especially the second, which was 99% because of Zambrotta. Even Gattuso could have scored that ball. I think Gila has looked better than him when he's played.

what do you mean even gattuso ??!
He means that Gattuso is not much of a finisher, which is true, and that it didn't take a lot of skill from Toni to finish that.
I disagree with the point, however. Toni was at the right place at the right time, like a good striker should be. He doesn't necessarily need to fake the whole team out and score.

That was weird. I accidentally made a quote inside a quote.
Vadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2006, 19:31   #33

sf_esq

Registered User
 
sf_esq's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2002
Location: San Francisco, California
Fave Players: Maldini
sf_esq is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadim
He means that Gattuso is not much of a finisher, which is true, and that it didn't take a lot of skill from Toni to finish that.
I disagree with the point, however. Toni was at the right place at the right time, like a good striker should be. He doesn't necessarily need to fake the whole team out and score.

That was weird. I accidentally made a quote inside a quote.
Thank you for clarifying. That's precisely what I meant. I suppose you raise a decent point about being at the right place at the right time. I just think he's somewhat overrated, although he's definitely better than Iaquanta. That guy is horrible.
sf_esq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2006, 20:32   #34

Tas

Registered User
 
Join Date: 06 2006
Tas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalx Sijabat
speaking about sheva, did you guys see how he saluted the italy supporters after the match? man, it sure hard to get over with him.

btw about toni? he's my 3rd or 4th option. i prefer an all-round striker
Yeah, thanx for your input Nalx_Sijabat, all season long I've been saying that Luca Toni is a striker who just scores goals and that he's worthless in any other way and that Shev is so much better than him. I noticed 'a look'.....and a bow. By Shev

But it was kinda funny, that whistling at the start of the game.

Last edited by Tas; 30-06-2006 at 20:34. Reason: quote
Tas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2006, 21:23   #35

hwmook

Registered User
 
hwmook's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2003
Location: singapore
Fave Players: maldini/gattuso/shev
hwmook
Quote:
Originally Posted by sf_esq
Thank you for clarifying. That's precisely what I meant. I suppose you raise a decent point about being at the right place at the right time. I just think he's somewhat overrated, although he's definitely better than Iaquanta. That guy is horrible.
you are right, i have no idea why Iaquinta is there. He is horrible.
hwmook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2006, 22:09   #36

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
I agree with the fact that Iaquinta is horrible. I wish Gila could have played today though
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:30.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.