![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
![]() |
Maldini declares himself fit
AC Milan defender Paolo Maldini has declared himself fit for their Serie A opener against Lazio.
"I really think I'm ready for the start of the season, both from a physical and psychological stand-point," he told Milan Channel. The Rossoneri captain played 45 minutes in their Trofeo TIM victory, beating both Inter and Juventus to take the summer friendly tournament. "It's true it wasn't an entire match, but the knee reacted well and it was an important test on a particularly rough pitch. Despite all of that, there was no swelling. I believe I'm ready to return now." There were fears last season's persistent injury concerns would force the 38-year-old to retire, but he's fired up for his 23rd Serie A campaign and the tough opener against Lazio on September 10. "I don't think the order of the fixture list can change the course of a championship all that much. We have an eight-point penalty and must therefore try to win every single game. Whether we're facing more prestigious or easier sides is irrelevant." Source: tribalfootball http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=10359
__________________
Forza Milan!
Last edited by Rick; 04-09-2006 at 08:06. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
![]() |
d@mn it, it is tribalfootball.
![]() ![]()
__________________
FORZA MILAN |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
![]() |
Quote:
, this was on the official site ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
![]() |
Quote:
That's always my first thought too, but I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt since they used Milan Channel as a source. ![]()
__________________
Forza Milan!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Administrator
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Fave Players: Maldini......
![]() |
Whew, I was getting a little worried as the last time I heard anything, around the time of our first CL qualifier vs Red Star, someone said it was pretty indefinite when he might be ready.
__________________
...not your normal paranormal.... |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: USA
![]() |
All I know is that I'm looking forward to seeing Maldini roam the backline again.
Missed him last year. Hope the knee can endure the season. |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Sirmium
Fave Players: Red Star players, Pirlo, Kaka` and Gattuso
![]() |
Good news
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
![]() |
Hopefully he can remain healthy all season and go out in style. We need to take care to really appreciate him while we still can because we'll probably never see the likes of him again.
![]()
__________________
Forza Milan!
|
|
|
|