AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2006, 16:04   #286

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
It's not that he benched Pirlo and Kaka. Kaka has a slight injury..and Pirlo was suspended. I didn't see the entire match..but it seems Gila played rather badly. And yes we NEED attacking fullbacks..that's the only way our team can function properly. Hopefully we can get another RB in January. A support striker, a CD and a midfielder(if possible) and we'll be fine till summer.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 16:06   #287

remote2book

Registered User
 
remote2book's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Fave Players: ALL milan players, juninho, benzema
remote2book is on a distinguished road
omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! we finally get a penalty awarded..and we missss it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! man iam sooooo dissapointed....every week i wait for this and i watch us lose...and makes me more depressed....o and dr milano....gooo pakistan ...we beat westindies yesssss
__________________
"It is the team of my heart and colors of my soul"---Cesare Maldini Forza Milan for life

Inchinati al diavolo
remote2book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 16:36   #288

Graeme C

Moderator
 
Graeme C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
i stick by what i said a few weeks ago, Lazio do have a better squad then us! so why would Oddo want to leave them
__________________
"Its far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." -- Carl Sagan
Graeme C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 16:41   #289

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
well.. well.. look what we've got here

another crappy dull game

another "i agree with you" posts

another good night sleep for Galliani cs
(we don't need new strikers in January,
perhaps except one Merlin to bring us luck)
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 17:49   #290

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
well, I'll see how much time I have to post my thoughts, at least a few should come through.

Firstly, Ancelotti picked what is argubly the best side at his disposal today, but what a very weak side it was.

Firstly, I couldn't believe the midfield and how horribly disorganised it was. It was completely clueless. Gourcuff seemed unsure where to go a lot of the time, trying to do as he normally does, whilst Seedorf gave away the ball on numerous occasions. Brocchi was also all over the place and quite frankly this was an area where we were a disaster. There was no real structure in the midfield. I know I've said before that movement and fluidity is a must in the midfield, but that can't be at the extent to losing structure and understanding within the midfield.

The attack was terrible too. Gila was pretty useless and has to hold up the ball more, as lately I've noticed he just hasn't been doing it. Nor was he rolling away from defenders towards goal, which means there's suddenly no one to pass to. I won't blame him for missing the penalty, it's not like he struck it badly, just that as usual our luck with posts is hardly good. Borriello works hard but in the end was very rarely actually effective, simply trying to power his way through everyone. Oliveira moved pretty well, but needs to get himself into dangerous positions more, as the times he did move into goalscoring areas he wasn't looking too bad. However, he stays out on the wings too much at times, which would be all well and good, were he a winger.

It's precisely factors like this that are causing us to lose effectiveness at times. I mean, the team needs to find better balance, because right now it's so pathetic it's simply laughable. I remember one time during the match Maldini (who was probably the best player today for us) charged forward down the left as he might be expected to do, and Jankulovski, Seedorf and Oliveira were all down the flank with him. What in goodness sake do we need a 1/4 of the team on the left wing for? It left Gila and Borriello to try and fight for the cross against something like 6 Torino players.

I lost count how many times we lacked players down the center outside of Torino's box because they'd all go to whichever wing had it. About 2 players should be enough to usually support each other in wide areas, then it's necessary to have people ready to bring it central or players ready in the center ready to play for goal.

What really disappointed as well was the lack of support players would give each other. I remember while watching a Brazilian side once that was on top form, and it was said that Brazil sides always look to give a player on the ball 2-3 options at the minimum. Our side today was often lucky to give the player 1 option, and the player on the ball often looked lost.

The pacing of our play is also terrible. Right now we have to different tempos while we play. One is to just hold the ball for god knows how long, while the other is to play at a panicky pace where we simply go forward without real imagination . We not only need to find a better balance, we need to start mixing it up more, as monotonous tempos will be easy to defend against.

Carlo managed to get a few things right though. Firstly, he is finally getting the side to use wide areas more. Not to say they do it well, as if we haven't clogged up the wide area, we can't manage to get into the final third of the pitch to cross and start crossing pointlessly from deep areas. However, even then, our crossing is simply rubbish, I lost count how many crosses were simply going astray or straight to defenders. It's like the players don't even look where our attackers and simply hit the ball hoping for the best.

He also got the team to press the opponents quite well. This is a necessity in matches like this.

Our team right now looks absoloutly useless, it's pathetic. Psychologically the team look like they have their heads in another planet and confidence is ridiculously low. What doesn't help is they just keep saying "oh well, we're working hard and will turn it around soon". This mentality is not going to work, because right now we literally have to build from scratch. The players have to study HARD what they are doing wrong and continously practice it until they get it right. I don't think the players are doing this (nor is the management necessarily doing anything about it), because every match I see the same problems cropping up time and time again.

Physically, this is the worst condition I've ever seen any football side in ever. Injuries are just non-stop and really this is one area people can't be blamed for.

Right now my thought is we may as well do whatever we can this season (4th place and obviously going as far as possible in CL), but more importantly start getting to work to really push for next season.

Right now, this is the worst we can possibly do. This side is pathetic to say the least, and if we're going to get a response then they better start performing soon. They can harp on about the fans being amazing, but eventually the fans will turn on this group because they don't deserve such support.

However, I will still keep what hope I have for Fiorentina!

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 20:00   #291

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosniaco
don't be stupit man, thats gonna make mad really bad and I may end up being baned, so please don't do it
Well if you cant control youe emotions thats your problem. Im entitled to posts my opinions. I like Carlo so I maintain my FORZA CARLO
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 20:13   #292

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
let me join in:

FORZA CARLETTO




__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 20:25   #293

K77SH C

Registered User
 
K77SH C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Kaka, Gourcuff and Cissokho
K77SH C is on a distinguished road
HAHA, show your love to the man that can!!

The second coming of Arigo Sachi
__________________

Its SPEEDORF actually
K77SH C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 20:48   #294

Red&Black

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Location: Australia
Fave Players: Only Maldini
Red&Black is on a distinguished road
I don't think we have to talk about tactics at this moment, because the morale of the whole team is so low, psychologically we are totally destroyed, I think it doesn't matter what tactic we use or even if we have the best tactician in our side, it still won't change a thing. I am just wondering how Gilardinho going to recover from that missing penalty now (I am sure he is feeling very low and embarass right now). Poor guy.

4th place is getting further and further now and we are lucky that we got some wins at the beginning of the season to get us this far in the CL (not to mention it was the easiest group in the CL). As far as I concern, this season is over already for us. I just hope we can at least get into UEFA cup and keep all our stars next season (kaka, Gattuso, Pirlo), otherwise who will join us?

I hate our management for not bringing in Crespo or Ronaldo or Ballack or Vieria. They just want to save up for another season. WTF!, I really doubt we are in a healthy financial position at all given that we only sign old players or players who are out of contract. May be Milan have alot of debt that we don't know, otherwise why can't we compete with Real signing Gago or Higuain? May be Milan is not as rich as we thought!!

Berlusconi's wealth position has dropped from #14 in year 2000 down to #37 in year 2006. May be this is why he doesn't want to spend any money on his luxury hobby at the moment.

I hope we sign some good players as temporary solution to get us through this season. I don't care who they are, even cassano or beckham, as long as they can create some sparks in our team for the next 6 months.
Red&Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 21:01   #295

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Saw the match last night. Didnt recognize my team. Where was AC Milan? Did they even bother to show up? Look at Torino's starting eleven and look at ours---there is no guarantee that we would win the game, but at least we should be playing good football and there should be some difference in class. We looked at best equal to Torino---this looked exactly like what it was, a match with two mid-table sides playing each other. Simply pathetic.

I've been saying it all along as well as many others in this forum. OUr problems stem DIRECTLY from the lack of transfer activity not only this summer, but over the last two years. We have not bought any young players to cover for our veterans and we sorely lack freshness and creativity in the team. What on earth are we doing with the 30M we got for Sheva? We were supposed to spend it, on a world class replacement, werent we? I'm sorry, but Ricardo Oliveira is not world class---especially post knee surgery. He should have replaced Amoroso. Inzaghi is now 33--how much longer do we expect him to play? Why havent we planned any replacements yet? If RO was our 4th striker, then what is Boriello doing in the squad? When will our patience with Gila end? He was bought to score goals----he's not doing his job. Shouldnt we at least loan him out and try a different solution.

In short, our management seems to be living in a dream world, where players like Cafu, Maldini, and Inzaghi can play at a top level forever and the team will remain competitive despite losing top quality players and replacing them with bargain basement deals or overpriced/overated talent. Someone should be taking responsibilty. Mr. Galliani? Mr. Braida?
rt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 21:07   #296

San Ringhio

Registered User
 
San Ringhio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2006
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Gattuso, Inzaghi, Maldini, Costacurta, Kaka'
San Ringhio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8
And then removing Oliveira and bringing Pippo wasnt a good change. Oliveira (proly had his worst game in a Milan shirt) was still moving on the flank and pulling players towards him, he shouldnt have been removed, GILARDINO who dove at every attempt should have been. Then again he brings on Bonera for Boriello, WHAT THE HELL IS HE THINKING?????? This time Carlo got it ALLLLLLLL wrong.
I didn't actually see this game (not on TV here and my connection is too slow to stream video), but I followed it on the Milan website. When Bonera was subbed in for Borriello, the play-by-play said that Borriello had developed cramps. I suspect that we may have subbed in another striker if we had one, but unfortunately Carlo had just taken Oliveira off a few minutes before. I was disappointed to see us lose the 4-3-3, but in this particular situation there really wasn't much that Carlo could've done about it. I wonder if Bonera was simply the most fit player left on the bench at the time, even though in any other case subbing a defender in for a striker when the score's at 0-0 wouldn't exactly be great strategy, I agree.

For those who got to watch this match, does Gattuso look to be back in form? I certainly don't expect him to be 100% yet, just curious about how close he is.

And anyway, FORZA MILAN: win, lose, or draw, don't give up on your team. It's an awful season, no doubt, but that's exactly why this is no time to stop believing.
San Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 21:54   #297

Egoistka

Registered User
 
Egoistka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, C. Ronaldo, Arshavin
Egoistka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme C
i stick by what i said a few weeks ago, Lazio do have a better squad then us! so why would Oddo want to leave them
Lazio played great today..I think that caught the right wave...I wish Milan played like that, but at the moment we cannot beat even Torino, so beating Roma 3:0 is a dream for now .
__________________
FORZA MILAN!
Egoistka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 00:31   #298

Dil dil

Registered User
 
Dil dil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2003
Location: U.S.A
Fave Players: all Ac milan players espacialy Maldini, inzaghi
Dil dil is on a distinguished road
I only want to say Hard luck Milan
if we wants to win we need 3 things 1-get rid of Ancelotti
brinh & sign good player in all 3 lines during winter transfer
3- put Gila in punch many times untill he perforum good
__________________
Dildil= N1 fan of Ac milan
and always will be and for ever
Dil dil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:39   #299

Franco6

Registered User
 
Franco6's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Malta
Fave Players: Van Basten Baresi Maldini Gattuso Nesta
Franco6 is on a distinguished road
This is a no season where everything is turning agaisnt us. We had a disasterous pre season where our players had no vacation and where forced to play an important match instantly. We where happy by being in the CL (me in the first place), but for getting the CL this season we lost the pre season, the Serie A and next seasons UCL because we're not going to be there next year. About the team and players I know we have structural defects but I put all the blame on Galliani & the preparation as a result of calciopoli.
__________________
CAMPIONI D'EUROPA No.7

Last edited by ACMILAN1983; 11-12-2006 at 16:15. Reason: swearing
Franco6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:44   #300

Graeme C

Moderator
 
Graeme C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco6
This is a no season where everything is turning agaisnt us. We had a disasterous pre season where our players had no vacation and where forced to play an important match instantly. We where happy by being in the CL (me in the first place), but for getting the CL this season we lost the pre season, the Serie A and next seasons UCL because we're not going to be there next year. About the team and players I know we have structural defects but I put all the blame on Galliani & the preparation as a result of calciopoli.
Well you could just blame Galliani for our involvement in Calciopoli trial... I duno why we have kept him after that.. wana say why do you keep a liar and a cheat.. but
__________________
"Its far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." -- Carl Sagan

Last edited by ACMILAN1983; 11-12-2006 at 16:16. Reason: swearing in quoted post
Graeme C is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:08.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.