AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Players

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-12-2006, 12:02   #541

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
CR may have technique and speed but if there is one thing he blatantly obviously lacks, that's CLASS
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti
zlatanov is offline  
Old 20-12-2006, 12:14   #542

Egoistka

Registered User
 
Egoistka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, C. Ronaldo, Arshavin
Egoistka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
CR may have technique and speed but if there is one thing he blatantly obviously lacks, that's CLASS
That is your opinion
__________________
FORZA MILAN!
Egoistka is offline  
Old 20-12-2006, 12:37   #543

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egoistka
That is your opinion
far from mine only seeing that ManU fans are just about the only ones out there who have anything more than an average opinion of CR's behavior ... and that goes for only a portion of them ... and this isn't a question of opinion, it's just stating the obvious .
To say that CR has class is like nominating Materazzi for the "sportsman of the year" award

class is something that pertains to players like Maldini, Cannavaro, Buffon, baggio, etc, etc and it has nothing to do with how good one is with the ball in his feet.
Players like Roonie or C. Ronaldo, no matter how good and talanted they are on the field, can and should never be even remotely associated with "classy behavior" or the likes.
Class is something that stepovers and fallovers and theatrics don't bring you.
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti

Last edited by zlatanov; 20-12-2006 at 12:49.
zlatanov is offline  
Old 20-12-2006, 13:01   #544

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Let's put it this way...I consider Carlos Tevez a HUGE talent. Yet in the English game he complained about the extremely physical nature of defences....these are the same defences that CR is dancing all over! The only time I remembered him completely shut down was against Cafu when we beat ManU.
As for class, I think that if you bleed the colours of your country and club, then that's more than enough. Our own Gattuso is hardly classy by any stretch. Yet we all love him because he is a Milanista through and through. If we buy CR and he behaves the same was as he did at ManU, its enough for me. I want to see performers, not gentlemen.
drucurl is offline  
Old 20-12-2006, 13:05   #545

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Oh and as time passes, he's getting better at everything..free kicks..crosses, through balls....you know, the things that Seedorf and Pirlo used to do well......well at least Seedorf scored a free kick this season! I think its the only one we scored since the end of last season!
drucurl is offline  
Old 20-12-2006, 13:09   #546

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
Let's put it this way...I consider Carlos Tevez a HUGE talent. Yet in the English game he complained about the extremely physical nature of defences....these are the same defences that CR is dancing all over! The only time I remembered him completely shut down was against Cafu when we beat ManU.
As for class, I think that if you bleed the colours of your country and club, then that's more than enough. Our own Gattuso is hardly classy by any stretch. Yet we all love him because he is a Milanista through and through. If we buy CR and he behaves the same was as he did at ManU, its enough for me. I want to see performers, not gentlemen.
then we'd be loosing our own way and will be forgoing everything Milan has stood, or at least tried to stand for, so far. Remember what Sir Alex Ferguson himself said about Milan - how our team played not just well but with honour and respect for the oponent and that made us stood out in his eyes and he praised Milan for being "unique" and "something special" ... not something you often hear an Englishman say about other teams, let alone Italian .

Do you think he would have said the same if our players were behaving like his Roonie and C. Ronaldo - bulling refs and spending more time on theatrical rolling on the pitch than playing on it?
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti
zlatanov is offline  
Old 20-12-2006, 13:12   #547

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
Oh and as time passes, he's getting better at everything..free kicks..crosses, through balls....you know, the things that Seedorf and Pirlo used to do well......well at least Seedorf scored a free kick this season! I think its the only one we scored since the end of last season!
I agree on this. Personally, I am not a CR fan but have to admit that over that past 1 year or so, he has improved a lot in comparison with that step-over kid that thought he was the one and only ball-wizzard in the world.
Still, we are talking about class - not a quality of one's play but a quality of one's character as a person.
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti
zlatanov is offline  
Old 20-12-2006, 13:14   #548

Egoistka

Registered User
 
Egoistka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, C. Ronaldo, Arshavin
Egoistka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
far from mine only seeing that ManU fans are just about the only ones out there who have anything more than an average opinion of CR's behavior ... and that goes for only a portion of them ... and this isn't a question of opinion, it's just stating the obvious .
To say that CR has class is like nominating Materazzi for the "sportsman of the year" award

class is something that pertains to players like Maldini, Cannavaro, Buffon, baggio, etc, etc and it has nothing to do with how good one is with the ball in his feet.
Players like Roonie or C. Ronaldo, no matter how good and talanted they are on the field, can and should never be even remotely associated with "classy behavior" or the likes.
Class is something that stepovers and fallovers and theatrics don't bring you.

I m talking about class in terms of football, not behaviour. If you want I can rephrase it for you: he is a very high class footballer. As for his behaviour and personality - it is much better then Materazzi's, Cambiasso's, Ibragimovic's, Totti's and so on...
__________________
FORZA MILAN!
Egoistka is offline  
Old 20-12-2006, 13:16   #549

Egoistka

Registered User
 
Egoistka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, C. Ronaldo, Arshavin
Egoistka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
I agree on this. Personally, I am not a CR fan but have to admit that over that past 1 year or so, he has improved a lot in comparison with that step-over kid that thought he was the one and only ball-wizzard in the world.
Still, we are talking about class - not a quality of one's play but a quality of one's character as a person.
No Zlat, I wasnt talking about his personality, I was talking about talent and skills.
__________________
FORZA MILAN!
Egoistka is offline  
Old 20-12-2006, 13:20   #550

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egoistka
I m talking about class in terms of football, not behaviour. If you want I can rephrase it for you: he is a very high class footballer. As for his behaviour and personality - it is much better then Materazzi's, Cambiasso's, Ibragimovic's, Totti's and so on...
ok, I see, I thought you were referring to that other type of "class".
Well, if you are comparing CR's "class" with that of Natrix, Ibra, and Totti, then I guess that says it all
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti
zlatanov is offline  
Old 20-12-2006, 13:30   #551

Egoistka

Registered User
 
Egoistka's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Sheva, Kaka, Maldini, C. Ronaldo, Arshavin
Egoistka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
ok, I see, I thought you were referring to that other type of "class".
Well, if you are comparing CR's "class" with that of Natrix, Ibra, and Totti, then I guess that says it all
No class was separate from behavior...but if you started talking about behavior I said that he is better then Ibra, Matrix and other..
__________________
FORZA MILAN!
Egoistka is offline  
Old 20-12-2006, 14:24   #552

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
then we'd be loosing our own way and will be forgoing everything Milan has stood, or at least tried to stand for, so far. Remember what Sir Alex Ferguson himself said about Milan - how our team played not just well but with honour and respect for the oponent and that made us stood out in his eyes and he praised Milan for being "unique" and "something special" ... not something you often hear an Englishman say about other teams, let alone Italian .

Do you think he would have said the same if our players were behaving like his Roonie and C. Ronaldo - bulling refs and spending more time on theatrical rolling on the pitch than playing on it?
Look man I agree with you and what you siad, but desperate times call for desperate measures and beggars can't be choosers. We have lost out on some top signings already and for the well being of the club, we shouldn't spurn viable opportunities that come our way.
Remember Tomasson?? that arrogant bastard could go on all day about how good he was and how he saved Ancelotti's career etc etc.....We eventually sold him didn't we? but he did play well at Milan and he did his duty when called upon to do so!
That's what we need right now. Not everyone can have the class of Paolo, Nesta and Kaka
drucurl is offline  
Old 20-12-2006, 14:33   #553

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
I see your point but also class isn't something you can just choose to not have/not care about today and then tomorrow expect everyone to respect you and admire you ... it's a gradual process and you have to build on it all the time because one "classless" moment could bring down everything you've been trying to build for the past say 10 years.
Also, our situation isn't as desperate as we fans make it look - we've been rather average this year but at least for now this could be seen as that "odd" season ... it's not like we've been this way for several years in a row.
If not this, then next year we will again be back at the top but success - quick success, no matter what - is not the only thing that should concern us because success is much easier to achieve than class and respect.
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti
zlatanov is offline  
Old 20-12-2006, 15:07   #554

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
I see your point but also class isn't something you can just choose to not have/not care about today and then tomorrow expect everyone to respect you and admire you ... it's a gradual process and you have to build on it all the time because one "classless" moment could bring down everything you've been trying to build for the past say 10 years.
Also, our situation isn't as desperate as we fans make it look - we've been rather average this year but at least for now this could be seen as that "odd" season ... it's not like we've been this way for several years in a row.
If not this, then next year we will again be back at the top but success - quick success, no matter what - is not the only thing that should concern us because success is much easier to achieve than class and respect.
Spoken like a true Rossenero! Its a pleasure talking to fans like you. I can see that you're not a glory hunter. But I still maintain that if reinforcements come with the temporary loss of some class, we should take it to preserve our legend.
I am from Trinidad and we won a whole bunch of fair play awards this wc. I know some of the players and they are quite honourable. But at the end of the day we may be shoved aside because we didn't win anything. I'd hate Milan to be viewed as an also ran the way Inter has been seen perennially by football fans in general. As for disposing of the classless....well We've let Helveg and Tomasson and Laursen go haven't we....they all had no class and Tomasson aside no skill either. As far as I see Milan's image remains intact.
what about Gattuso who is by no stretch a gentleman...ins't he an integral part of the Milan machine? despite the large role he plays the club's image isn't hurt is it.
But I must say that etiquette aside, Gattuso is one of the fairest players in Italy. honestly I can't say the same about CR.
drucurl is offline  
Old 20-12-2006, 15:54   #555

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
Spoken like a true Rossenero! Its a pleasure talking to fans like you. I can see that you're not a glory hunter. But I still maintain that if reinforcements come with the temporary loss of some class, we should take it to preserve our legend.
I am from Trinidad and we won a whole bunch of fair play awards this wc. I know some of the players and they are quite honourable. But at the end of the day we may be shoved aside because we didn't win anything. I'd hate Milan to be viewed as an also ran the way Inter has been seen perennially by football fans in general. As for disposing of the classless....well We've let Helveg and Tomasson and Laursen go haven't we....they all had no class and Tomasson aside no skill either. As far as I see Milan's image remains intact.
what about Gattuso who is by no stretch a gentleman...ins't he an integral part of the Milan machine? despite the large role he plays the club's image isn't hurt is it.
But I must say that etiquette aside, Gattuso is one of the fairest players in Italy. honestly I can't say the same about CR.
I don't see why Helveg or Tomasson could be branded as "classless"? true, they were far from the best in their respective roles but none of them ever did anything to tarnish Milan's image. They both are well respected players if not for their talent then at least for their behavior on and off the field ... and it's exactly that type of "class" that we are talking about.

similar could be said about Gattuso - he did have one moment where he didn't act the way Milan players should - his taunting of Poulsen and other Schalke players in last year's CL - but other than that, as you yourself said, he is indeed one of the fairest players around and shows much more fair play and respect for his oponent than most other players - in and out of Serie A - despite his image of a leg-breaker.

I can understand why you would give preference to reinforcements but then again, what does "preserving our legend" means? What does the legend of Milan consists or should consist of - winning trophies or winning trophies with class and respect from others?
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti

Last edited by zlatanov; 20-12-2006 at 20:21.
zlatanov is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.