AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2007, 17:51   #586

Vadim

Moderator
 
Vadim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2005
Location: Chicago
Fave Players: San Paolo
Vadim is on a distinguished road
It was 210 minutes, not 180, so that just makes the rest of the post useless
Vadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 17:53   #587

sveto

Registered User
 
sveto's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
sveto is on a distinguished road
Milan once again proved to be an european fighters
__________________
FORZA MILAN
sveto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 17:54   #588

rossoneri

Registered User
 
rossoneri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: Prishtinė
Fave Players: Ricardo Izecson Dos Santos Leite KAKA'
rossoneri is on a distinguished road
Forza Milan!!! Kkaka Rulezzz
rossoneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 17:58   #589

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadim
It was 210 minutes, not 180, so that just makes the rest of the post useless
I saw minute 93 on my crystal ball and i thought Kaka scored in 3rd minute of added time. That's why i said 180 minutes.

But i was damn right and i'm so good in predicting. That's why i lost a little fortune today on Milan !!!
I had them to beat Celtic but too bad the bookies count 90 minutes only and overtime isn't included.
Damn Crossbar !!!!
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 18:08   #590

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Milan and Man U are the two only teams that didn't concede a goal within 180 (or 210 minutes). Kudos.

And you talk about Celtic being easy; oh well Arsenal thought PSV is easy too... then?

Overall, ther eare both good and bad things to take about milan, but let's enjoy this moment of celebration...
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 18:25   #591

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Carlo says he'd like an English team in the quarters ( Chelsea, Manchester Utd or Liverpool) while Totti says he wants Milan.

Both of them think the same way i do. I think the best opponents for Milan will be Bayern and then some of the English teams. All the teams from England will enter the duel as favourites and i think that the style of the english teams will suit this Milan of 2007.
As for Totti, he has a point also in wanting Milan because Roma plays the football Milan can't cope with as we've seen 3 times this year.

For me :

1. Bayern M. should be the most wanted opponent
2. Manchester Utd and Liverpool should follow ( although they are better and in better form than Milan)
3. PSV
4. Chelsea
5. Valencia won't suit you at all
6. Roma is the most dangerous opponent you can get.
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 18:28   #592

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
NVM the question...
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 18:37   #593

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
NVM the question...
Upsss, sorry !
Are you asking me to answer the question about Arsenal and PSV ?
I never tought that question was for me to answer , i thought you said it just like that !
I'll answer it if you want. Although i don't see logic in it. Actually, i don't see logic in Arsenal players underestimating PSV and thinking they're easy opponents. They are the only ones to be blamed if they underestimated a team like PSV.
As for Lille and Celtic , i know it's hard to believe me at this point, but i really thought those were the worse 2 teams among the last 16, and i don't think it's a miracle if strong teams like ManU and Milan kept clean sheet in 180 minutes against below average Celtic ( attacking wise) and average Lille !
Keeping clean sheet against Celtic is less success than not scoring to the same Celtic for 180 minutes is a failure !
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 18:47   #594

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon S
Afraid to give blatant penalty . Maldini hand of God and no penalty for Nakamura . Is this more referees in the pocket of Italian clubs ???????????
welcome and take care.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 19:03   #595

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29.
Upsss, sorry !
Are you asking me to answer the question about Arsenal and PSV ?
I never tought that question was for me to answer , i thought you said it just like that !
I'll answer it if you want. Although i don't see logic in it. Actually, i don't see logic in Arsenal players underestimating PSV and thinking they're easy opponents. They are the only ones to be blamed if they underestimated a team like PSV.
As for Lille and Celtic , i know it's hard to believe me at this point, but i really thought those were the worse 2 teams among the last 16, and i don't think it's a miracle if strong teams like ManU and Milan kept clean sheet in 180 minutes against below average Celtic ( attacking wise) and average Lille !
Keeping clean sheet against Celtic is less success than not scoring to the same Celtic for 180 minutes is a failure !
actually no; I was asking whether it's possible for two teams from the same country to pick each other... the answer is YES...

The only counter statement I can think of (about what you said above) is that Celtic can be a nightmare to Milan's defense given that Milan is quite horrible in long ball and set-piece. Otherwise Milan mostly concede little when it comes to ground ball...

Doesn't matter now. Milan still has trouble scoring and that's true. I don't prefer the 4-4-1-1 formation today but Ancelotti is just so cautious. But you can also undersand why Ambro is preferred over another striker simply because Ambro is so much better at header and defending set-piece. So, against different teams you employ different strategies and I can only say that Ancelotti is very conservative.

But then, conservation brings you into the quarter final 5 years in a row; I can't complain.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 20:08   #596

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Personally I dont care who we draw...as you have to win everyone in order to be the best... but I dont want to draw Liverpool,not because am scared of them but cuz I want them in Athens...to kick their bloody ass... OMG.. since Istanbull I live for the day when we play them again...Forza MILAN...
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati
kastriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 21:06   #597

curry chicken

Registered User
 
curry chicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2007
Location: Toronto
curry chicken is on a distinguished road
A few crazy Milanisti and I did live reactions for this game and I'm still trembling from all that shouting at the screen and CAPSLOCKING. I see you guys in here had a few heart attacks here and there..honestly, I almost had a stroke.

In the end what mattered was that we hung on, and used all our experience and stamina to take Celtic out. We were tired, it was a hard game and the tension was just CRAZY. I didn't even know Rino was playing until he took a shot at goal and it was hard to watch Kaka go at it alone at times. Bless him, he's the player we all know and love and he came through for us. Again. MOTM.

Ambro hitting the crossbar? I'm still getting over that one.

I think our defense did great. So we had a one or two howler moments, but Bonera-Janku-Oddo (quiet for a stretch)-Maldini lasted 210 minutes without conceding a single goal. We didn't get carded or start a FIGHT (like some people I know). I'm not excusing Capitano's handball (I'm sure he feels terrible for Celtic ), but the footie gods were smiling upon us in that minute.

No one around my parts beleive Milan can do anything special in Europe this season, but we are slowly proving them wrong. Will be interesting to read what Carlo's taken away from this one...

To the next round we go. While can watch from their couch.
curry chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 21:24   #598

ukrainian_CA

Registered User
 
ukrainian_CA's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: California
Fave Players: Sheva, Ronaldinho, Gerrard and I
ukrainian_CA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadim
We're thew only quarterfinalist from last year to still be in it this year... talk about consistency in Europe, no one else comes close!
True, but there are 5 quater-finalists from 2004/2005 CL season.

Odd/Even/Odd :-)
ukrainian_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 21:56   #599

milanista mosta

Registered User
 
milanista mosta's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2006
Location: MOSTAR - NR HERCEGOVINA
Fave Players: Kaka
milanista mosta is on a distinguished road
Kaka,Kaka...thank you man....
__________________
FORZA MILAN I HŠK ZRINJSKI!!!
R.I.P ANTONIO PUERTA
VOLIN ŠTO SAN ERO...
milanista mosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 00:46   #600

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
thank god we won.. im so glad we won cuz it was nail-biting towards the end.. i was shouting so loud in the bar and every1 thought i was kookoo..

oddo again played a bad game against celtic, i dont know if its his inexperience in CL or is it the pressure, but he was bad... pirlo also not his usual self today, seedorf also had a good free-kick, but is it only me or does everyone think we played 1 million times better at Celtic when Gourcuff was playing? we were soooo much faster and much better up front... Gila also adds another useless game to his long list. But I wonder if RO didnt play the last 2 games in Serie A and not today, then when is he ever gonna be trusted?

celtic had too much possession today.. ofcourse we had 55% or something, but we gave the ball away too much and especially at the end we invited them to attack.. we also need to practice on our shots outside the area because no one can get them on target other than Kaka! we also need a new formation, this formation is gettin known all over europe and teams are learning to close us down.. we need to have another option..



anyway

UEFA PLZ PLZ PLZ, BRING ON LIVERPOOL

** it is extremely vital that we play the 2nd leg of the quarterfinals AT HOME.. if we play home then away i think we'll get eliminated no matter who we play.. i also prefer to avoid Roma.. PSV seem like the easiest team but for me, the easiest teams are the ones that give Milan problems..so I say bring on LIVERPOOL or even Chelsea.. boy I'd like to see Sheva in the San Siro again, being whistled and kicked about this time.
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.