AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-04-2007, 04:23   #811

IvanGattuso

Registered User
 
IvanGattuso's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Glasgow
Fave Players: Rino, Van Basten, Maldini, Baresi, Kaka, Nesta
IvanGattuso is on a distinguished road
Work commitments meant that I didn't get to see the match but obviously Man United are a very good side. I watched the game you played against Roma but that was a freak result and I new you wouldn't have it anywhere near as easy against us. Getting 2 away goals has set us up nicely for the second league and I genuinely believe Milan will go through.
IvanGattuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007, 04:59   #812

Pireloke

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Pireloke is on a distinguished road
From the matches I seen, and I've seen only the CL matches I don't follow EPL, Manchester United plays either very well or bad, there is no middle.

They played very well each of their homematches (the match versus Celtic and us was spectacular), but seem to be shaky on the road : Celtic, Kopenhagen, even Lille where it took a Giggs trick with that free kick to win. Playing in Old Trafford they seem invincible due to the public, at 1-2 down against us, it's the public that gave Man Utd the strength to come back.

I think that either team, Milan or Manu, that passes the turn deserves to win the CL (based on Chelsea and 'Pool performances and general gameplay), and that the team that doesn't make it can leave the theatre of play with their heads held high, no matter the result at San Siro (unless we get trashed in our own stadium, but I can't see that happen, although in football anything is possible).

Unfortunately, I am convinced Chelsea will win the CL and Mourinho will comment on how special he is in every newspaper for the next 6 months (should I cancel my subscription right now or wait?)
Pireloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007, 05:01   #813

p_ps_sock

Registered User
 
Join Date: 04 2007
p_ps_sock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanGattuso
Work commitments meant that I didn't get to see the match but obviously Man United are a very good side. I watched the game you played against Roma but that was a freak result and I new you wouldn't have it anywhere near as easy against us. Getting 2 away goals has set us up nicely for the second league and I genuinely believe Milan will go through.
I think its set up nicely, you've got to attack and we don't know any other way.

There's some talk about us having Ferdinand and Vidic back, almost certainly Ferdinand, which will give us a much better chance of keeping you at bay as long as both are fit and aren't being rushed.

Don't write us off though, we're always capable of scoring goals because of the way we play, it'll be much tougher if you've got maldini and gatusso fit.
p_ps_sock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007, 05:08   #814

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
merged the So.... thread into this one, we don't need too many threads about Man U v Milan
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007, 05:08   #815

p_ps_sock

Registered User
 
Join Date: 04 2007
p_ps_sock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pireloke
From the matches I seen, and I've seen only the CL matches I don't follow EPL, Manchester United plays either very well or bad, there is no middle.

They played very well each of their homematches (the match versus Celtic and us was spectacular), but seem to be shaky on the road : Celtic, Kopenhagen, even Lille where it took a Giggs trick with that free kick to win. Playing in Old Trafford they seem invincible due to the public, at 1-2 down against us, it's the public that gave Man Utd the strength to come back.

I think that either team, Milan or Manu, that passes the turn deserves to win the CL (based on Chelsea and 'Pool performances and general gameplay), and that the team that doesn't make it can leave the theatre of play with their heads held high, no matter the result at San Siro (unless we get trashed in our own stadium, but I can't see that happen, although in football anything is possible).

Unfortunately, I am convinced Chelsea will win the CL and Mourinho will comment on how special he is in every newspaper for the next 6 months (should I cancel my subscription right now or wait?)
won't happen, you're too good for that, it'll be tight either way, a draw and we go through or a narrow win for you and you go through.

Who ever wins between us will beat chelsea in the final, they're a stong physical team and in cole they have a bit of genius but both of our teams have enough to break them down, and they're never going to destroy teams as they're too predictable, in maldini/nesta/gatusso you have more than enough to deal with their attacking threat and in Kaka you have a genius who will win it for you. They won't be able to stop all our attacking threats, we've played them once this season and they were poor, and only got a draw from a set piece after we sat back too much, a mistake we won't make again.
p_ps_sock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007, 20:45   #816

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
ppssock,

Good to have a "rival" fans amongst us!! Either way, Wednesday's game is going to be great. You guys may play one of the fastest attacking football in Europe, but watch out, as you remember from 2 years ago, the San Siro is a fortress and we are AC Milan, so you might be heading home to celebrate the EPL title, while we head to Athens

BTW, Congratulations on the win yesterday, you guys deserve the league title. Hopefully, Mourinho will now shut his mouth for at least 48 hours...
rt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 02:19   #817

p_ps_sock

Registered User
 
Join Date: 04 2007
p_ps_sock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt9
ppssock,

Good to have a "rival" fans amongst us!! Either way, Wednesday's game is going to be great. You guys may play one of the fastest attacking football in Europe, but watch out, as you remember from 2 years ago, the San Siro is a fortress and we are AC Milan, so you might be heading home to celebrate the EPL title, while we head to Athens

BTW, Congratulations on the win yesterday, you guys deserve the league title. Hopefully, Mourinho will now shut his mouth for at least 48 hours...
you wouldn't have said that if you read my posts before the first leg, I was childish and obnoxious

I know it will be difficult in the San Siro, we're lucky Ronlado's cup tied, although Inzaghi's more than capable of getting goals as we know only to well.

I think we'll score so it comes down to our defence v your attack and whether we can keep to to 1 goal, and with Kaka that will be tough.
p_ps_sock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 05:57   #818

Stezagud

Registered User
 
Stezagud's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: England
Fave Players: Keano (ret), Rooney, Maldini
Stezagud is on a distinguished road
If the defence plays like they did yesterday vs Everton we're in for a long night! We really do need one of the senior defenders back, even half fit, just to take some authority over the rest and help them stay composed.
__________________
'Well, Clive, it's all about the two Ms - movement and positioning.' - Big Ron
Stezagud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 06:00   #819

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stezagud
If the defence plays like they did yesterday vs Everton we're in for a long night! We really do need one of the senior defenders back, even half fit, just to take some authority over the rest and help them stay composed.
What's the latest news about Rio, Vidic and Neville ?
Can you give it in % ? Their chances to play, i mean !

And what about Rino and Maldini, anyone knows if they'll play ?
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 06:06   #820

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
the latest I read on ferdinand and vidic is that the former is shure to play while for vidic the chances are favourable/good. Neville's recovery seems to have hit a setback and there is even a chance that he would be out for the season ... so, I guess he won't available for Wednesday.

Rino has completely recovered from that knock vs ManU and, bar any injuries befor ethe game, is sure to play from the start. As for Maldini it is yet to be seen how his recovery goes ... nothing certain at this moment.
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 06:13   #821

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
the latest I read on ferdinand and vidic is that the former is shure to play while for vidic the chances are favourable/good. Neville's recovery seems to have hit a setback and there is even a chance that he would be out for the season ... so, I guess he won't available for Wednesday.

Rino has completely recovered from that knock vs ManU and, bar any injuries befor ethe game, is sure to play from the start. As for Maldini it is yet to be seen how his recovery goes ... nothing certain at this moment.
Благодаря

I hope all of them will play. I don't think i'll survive all the moaning if Milan wins and Rio won't play or if ManU wins and Maldini won't play !
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 06:30   #822

Stezagud

Registered User
 
Stezagud's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: England
Fave Players: Keano (ret), Rooney, Maldini
Stezagud is on a distinguished road
Rio is now looking 60-40, though he will not be fully fit. Remember he came back against Boro and only lasted 40 minutes before his injury came back (and they equalised while he was unable to run )

I'd be very surprised still if Vidic plays, he is making great progress but he had a broken collarbone less than a month ago, he is back doing running but as his legs were never affected thats not really a surprise as they'll want to keep him as fit as possible while his shoulder heals. I'd rate him at 20-80.

Zlat's right on Neville too, he is almost certainly not going to make it now, which is another big miss because he is underrated by many. He is our captain and by far the most experienced defender we have, which is invaluable for such a game.

As for the moaning, If Milan wins Utd will say the damage was done in the first leg (2 away goals), if Utd win Milan will say it was done whilst Maldini was injured (2 crucial goals as well) so whatever happens the excuses are already prepared for both sides
__________________
'Well, Clive, it's all about the two Ms - movement and positioning.' - Big Ron
Stezagud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 06:39   #823

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29.
Благодаря
no problem, my pseudo-zebra aka Milan-fan-in-denial buddy, Tony
Quote:
I hope all of them will play. I don't think i'll survive all the moaning if Milan wins and Rio won't play or if ManU wins and Maldini won't play !
as Steza said, the excuses are ready, only thing that is yet to be seen is whose PR departmet will have to put them to good use
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 09:26   #824

frizd

Registered User
 
Join Date: 04 2007
frizd is on a distinguished road
i Love this forum
frizd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2007, 09:33   #825

Kaka1899

Registered User
 
Kaka1899's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: La terra della bella gente
Fave Players: Kaką, Andrea Pirlo and Paolo Maldini
Kaka1899 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by frizd
i Love this forum
And we love you
__________________
ALWAYS ROSSO
ALWAYS NERO
ALWAYS A ROSSONERO



San Paolo 600 Serie A Appearances Living Legend Grazie Paolo!

Heroes Are Remembered
Legends Live Forever
San Paolo
Kaka1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:36.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.