AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-05-2007, 06:14   #1291

ona

Registered User
 
ona's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Nigeria
Fave Players: Kaka,Maldini< and all Milan players past& present
ona is on a distinguished road
May 23rd has always been a day of celebrarion for the Rossoneris

www.acmilan.com


MAY 23, 1968
Rotterdam – Cup Winners’ Cup Final
MILAN-HAMBURGER 2-0

MAY 23, 1987
Torino – UEFA CUP Play-off
MILAN-SAMPDORIA 1-0

MAY 23, 1990
Vienna – European Cup Final
MILAN-BENFICA 1-0

MAY 23, 1999
Perugia – Last Serie A Gameday – Italian League Title Victory
PERUGIA-MILAN 1-2

MAY 23, 2007
Athens – Champions League Final
MILAN-LIVERPOOL 2-1
ona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 06:20   #1292

Thierry Henry

Registered User
 
Join Date: 06 2006
Location: Pakistan
Fave Players: Henry, Maldini, Bergkamp, Kaka, Sheva & PIRES
Thierry Henry is on a distinguished road
Champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I was watching the match on TV, I was talking on the phone with my friend at the same time and I was all nervous but he kept saying Milan would strike first and thats exactly what happened from an Inzaghi deflection before half time. But Ive noticed that whenever Pippo plays in the starting lineup in CL, Milan most of the time win. This usually happens in the 2nd leg because 1st leg is for Gilardino. But this was the final and Pippo had to start. Last time Fillipo wasnt playing and thats why we lost.

And I wonder how sheva must be feeling, since he left Milan to help Chelsea win the CL but that didnt happen. He'll be regretting now but I hope he comes back to make a lethal attack in the CL next season. Sheva, Ronaldo, Pippo, Gilardino
__________________
AC MILAN will strike their opponents next season without mercy
Thierry Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 06:48   #1293

Ghost

Registered User
 
Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
Ghost is on a distinguished road
Im loving what Moratti has said, haha.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 06:52   #1294

kastriot

Moderator
 
kastriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
kastriot is on a distinguished road
Did you notice the part when our players were singing CHi NON Salta Neroazzuro e!!!!
after the game ended!!!!
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati
kastriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 07:12   #1295

Ghost

Registered User
 
Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
Ghost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
EDIT: I just looked at that photo with the banner in question and the people who are holding the banner are NOT Milan fans, these are Milan players on top of the double-decker bus ... so, it kind of seems a bit too extreme for them to be saying "put the scudetto in your a**" to Inter ... the fans, yeah, but the milan players?!
Us fans can only really think about what the players are going through, from a personal point of view I have been joked with and terrorized by people who surrounded me early on in the season with our poor start, imagine what the players must have gone through? What they did full credit to them, If i was a milan player I would of done the same, Zlat do you even remember all the cheap shots they were throwing at us this season? Moratti and Mancini were actin like real P****s and everything that is said on them banners is well deserved. Then again when Galliani found out he tried to put an end to it, lol well im sure he did.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 07:20   #1296

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milancelotti
Us fans can only really think about what the players are going through, from a personal point of view I have been joked with and terrorized by people who surrounded me early on in the season with our poor start, imagine what the players must have gone through? What they did full credit to them, If i was a milan player I would of done the same, Zlat do you even remember all the cheap shots they were throwing at us this season? Moratti and Mancini were actin like real P****s and everything that is said on them banners is well deserved. Then again when Galliani found out he tried to put an end to it, lol well im sure he did.
of course I remember them but a slogan like that is not a cheap shot or an ironic joke ... it's a pure and vulgar insult and things like that are rather tasteless.
Plus, Milan prides itself in rising above these things, in being better than the opponents in a class of their own ... with a slogan like that we are falling at their level and maybe even further below ... is this where a Milan fan would want to be?
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 07:35   #1297

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
of course I remember them but a slogan like that is not a cheap shot or an ironic joke ... it's a pure and vulgar insult and things like that are rather tasteless.
Plus, Milan prides itself in rising above these things, in being better than the opponents in a class of their own ... with a slogan like that we are falling at their level and maybe even further below ... is this where a Milan fan would want to be?
Oh put a sock in it Zlat How manu times have the Inter fnas laughed at us? Branded us "cheaters"? Boasted about how great their squad is? Blasted Ronaldo? I AGREE that it is classless and far below our usual standard. Personally I don't endorse it but you have to let our boys breathe/ vent a bit. after suffering ALL SEASON LONG.... I'd much rather enjoy the joke than blast my own. We are Milan but we are real people with emotions and the stoic sh!t gets boring. This is emotion!
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 07:44   #1298

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
Oh put a sock in it Zlat How manu times have the Inter fnas laughed at us? Branded us "cheaters"? Boasted about how great their squad is? Blasted Ronaldo? I AGREE that it is classless and far below our usual standard. Personally I don't endorse it but you have to let our boys breathe/ vent a bit. after suffering ALL SEASON LONG.... I'd much rather enjoy the joke than blast my own. We are Milan but we are real people with emotions and the stoic sh!t gets boring. This is emotion!
this coming from the fans, I would understand as fans are fans ... but for Milan players to hold that banner, sorry dru but calling "emotion" is just a poor excuse, actually worse than just poor.
We are talking about the players here, the representatives of a club like Milan ... not just about some drunk vagabonds, who decided to be smart and show emotion.

and again, if you are gonna excuse this with "they did similar things to us", then again, next time you decide to call yourself different, better than Inter, you will hardly have any justification for that as we have well gonne down to that same level.
Waht's worse here is that Inter players, bar from some jibes in the media from that clown Vieira, have never done anything even close to deserve a slogan like that ... Inter fans could do whatever they want, but the players have never been part of a classless and not ironic but literary vulgar insult like the one yesterday ... that was far below all the pathetic and cheap shots Vieira, Mancini and Moratti the clown have thrown at us lately.

what happened yesterday was a totally dif level - it's one thing to be ironic about their scudetto, make fun of them and even deride them ... but that slogan was simply vulgar and classless ... something that only semi-educated bumms could come up with, which was probably the case as this slogan came from some of the fans ... to bad it also appeared on the bus in the hands of the players.

The best thing to do now, IMO, would be for Maldini as captain of the team to speak to Inter players (Zanetti) and explain what happened ... otherwise, Milan players would basically be agreeing with that banner and will become part of something that is below them, especially now that they won the CL.
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti

Last edited by zlatanov; 25-05-2007 at 07:53.
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 08:08   #1299

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
this coming from the fans, I would understand as fans are fans ... but for Milan players to hold that banner, sorry dru but calling "emotion" is just a poor excuse, actually worse than just poor.
We are talking about the players here, the representatives of a club like Milan ... not just about some drunk vagabonds, who decided to be smart and show emotion.

and again, if you are gonna excuse this with "they did similar things to us", then again, next time you decide to call yourself different, better than Inter, you will hardly have any justification for that as we have well gonne down to that same level.
Waht's worse here is that Inter players, bar from some jibes in the media from that clown Vieira, have never done anything even close to deserve a slogan like that ... Inter fans could do whatever they want, but the players have never been part of a classless and not ironic but literary vulgar insult like the one yesterday ... that was far below all the pathetic and cheap shots Vieira, Mancini and Moratti the clown have thrown at us lately.

what happened yesterday was a totally dif level - it's one thing to be ironic about their scudetto, make fun of them and even deride them ... but that slogan was simply vulgar and classless ... something that only semi-educated bumms could come up with, which was probably the case as this slogan came from some of the fans ... to bad it also appeared on the bus in the hands of the players.

The best thing to do now, IMO, would be for Maldini as captain of the team to speak to Inter players (Zanetti) and explain what happened ... otherwise, Milan players would basically be agreeing with that banner and will become part of something that is below them, especially now that they won the CL.
Dude look it's like the way Gattuso behaved after we beat up Shalke 04. OF COURSE it was classless and stupid. But understand that Gattuso sweat blood for us to help us win. Not for one moment did I ever hole it against him. I'm surprised that you are taking this aloof position after you have seen the nasty things said and done against us this season. I am a Christian and I don't believe in returning evil for evil. I also agree that what was said was quite vulgar...but I certainly understand my boys and soon enough they'll know it was a mistake too.....but I'll surely never dwell on this incident...........Inter players classy?? I really don't have to go into how Inter players lack class......from something as simple as not being able to enjoy their OWN trophy until they see us lose (well that didn't turn out to well) to the way they behave in derbies.....I'm sorry but Inter players couldn't reach our level even if they ran and pole vaulted.

The fact that they did similar and worse to us IMHO doesn't justify anything but it surely can be filed under "extenuating circumstances". I'll never disgrace Il Capitano by asking him to apologise/ explain to those losers
It bothers me when people put professionalism/ etiquette above actual ethics and morals. Which is worse : telling someone to take your scudetto and shove it up your ass or to be involved in a dishonest/ illegal campaign??
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 08:28   #1300

Debs

Administrator
 
Debs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
I wonder if I might interject here...maybe I'll make sense, maybe I won't, we'll see how thjis ends up.

First of all, the banners the team had...those were made by fans. I say that b/c as I was browsing pictures someplace just yesterday, I spotted FANS holding those signs. At the time I read them but didn't care what they said. So some crazed fans handed them up to players and some players decided to keep them.

Secondly, it's been a long and trying season for all of us--fans and team alike. Winning the CL title has to bring a rush of pure emotion and sometimes you don't think of the correct thing todo. That's one reason I pointed out that I'd seen pix of fans holding those signs. I'd have to actually agree with both sides of this little debate tho...

The players at some point need to be able to express pure emotion. They just won the CL title, they were probably functioning on little sleep and maybe a touch too much celebrating. I have no problem with them cutting loose--it's not like they tore down any buildings, ripped apart any Inter displays or anything like that.

But...it's also true that we're usually above stuff like that. Does Maldini owe Inter any kind of apology? I don't know, is Inter raising a stink about some sign some fan made? And I'm asking b/c I don't go to any other forums and I've read nothing elsewhere about a sign held during a parade. If anything someone on the team, maybe whoever held the sign or whoever accepted it from fans, should stop and explain where it came from. For once tho, considering the season we've had with all its ups and downs....I'm actually taking the arrogant side saying we won CL title #7....time to celebrate....
__________________
...not your normal paranormal....
Debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 08:33   #1301

Debs

Administrator
 
Debs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
But understand that Gattuso sweat blood for us to help us win...but I certainly understand my boys and soon enough they'll know it was a mistake too.....but I'll surely never dwell on this incident...........Inter players classy?? I really don't have to go into how Inter players lack class......from something as simple as not being able to enjoy their OWN trophy until they see us lose

I'll never disgrace Il Capitano by asking him to apologise/ explain to those losers
Dru posted this while I was writing my own post. He says some things I agree with--our team gave their all for this win so our season would not be a total loss. I actually feel like they reached deep down inside and did this for the fans. Remember all the crap about oh certain players don't want to join AC Milan b/c of their losing those 8 points and maybe not making Champions League? I feel like the players said "enough of the BS, we need to show the world what we're made of." I think they did too and I still think we're the classiest organization on the planet!
__________________
...not your normal paranormal....
Debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 08:36   #1302

zlatanov

Moderator
 
zlatanov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
zlatanov is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
Dude look it's like the way Gattuso behaved after we beat up Shalke 04. OF COURSE it was classless and stupid. But understand that Gattuso sweat blood for us to help us win. Not for one moment did I ever hole it against him.
so, Gattuso did something stupid vs Schalke and now we are supposed to beat that low? What kind of excuse of an argument is that - a player did something bad in the past, so now we have a green light to do whatever we feel like, in public, cause the precedent is there.



Quote:
I'm surprised that you are taking this aloof position after you have seen the nasty things said and done against us this season. I am a Christian and I don't believe in returning evil for evil. I also agree that what was said was quite vulgar...but I certainly understand my boys and soon enough they'll know it was a mistake too.....but I'll surely never dwell on this incident
leave religion out of it please ... I am saying what I am saying becuase next time I say that I define myself as a person with a team like Milan and I believe they are better, classier than others, I don't want that statement to be hanging up there like a wet, dirty and hypocritical sock ... I don't want that staement to be just a statement with little to back it up with.
What was said yesterday was something we would all expect from other to do, right? ... and then we would say how much better we are than that ... yet, we do it and all we some up with is "put a sock on it" ....


Quote:
Inter players classy?? I really don't have to go into how Inter players lack class......from something as simple as not being able to enjoy their OWN trophy until they see us lose (well that didn't turn out to well) to the way they behave in derbies.....I'm sorry but Inter players couldn't reach our level even if they ran and pole vaulted.
I don't think I called them "classy" ... just not classlessly vulgar and all that in the PUBLIC. If Inter players were classy, they would have come out and supported Milan vs Liverpool as a representative of their own league, of Italian football ... did they do that, hell no ... they however also didn't make themselves part of a vulgar, idiotic slogan like the one yesterday.
The may not be classy but after yesterday, Milan fans/players are just about the only ones who would see themselves as classy, "better than the rest" ... as different from everyone else, in a league of their own.
After yesterday, rest assured, Inter players may not be classy but Milan players will not be seen with better eye either ... is this how you, as a Milan fan would want you club to be seen, equally classless to Inter, an organization you detest ...
am I really the only one here seeing the discrepency and hypocricy?

Quote:
The fact that they did similar and worse to us IMHO doesn't justify anything but it surely can be filed under "extenuating circumstances". I'll never disgrace Il Capitano by asking him to apologise/ explain to those losers
well, that's defeintely a much stronger argument - "extenuating circumstances" ... definitely defeats my points to the last one and I am sure will raise Milan's prestige at leats a notch or two.
Disgrace himself? No, apologizing officially on behalf of the entire team is what will make him, and his teammates, look even classier than people think they are ... namely because your average Joe out there will NEVER "disgrace himself" with such a thing, doing it is what sets you apart form the rest ... and that's what we'd like to believe Milan is, don't we?
Quote:
It bothers me when people put professionalism/ etiquette above actual ethics and morals. Which is worse : telling someone to take your scudetto and shove it up your ass or to be involved in a dishonest/ illegal campaign??
there are far better ways to express ones disapproval or opinion on this ... no need to sound like a drunken bum and lose the respect of thos around you with such vulgar statements which belong in a bar, not in the mouth or the banner of a group of people who strive and pride themselves to be in a league of their own.
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti

Last edited by zlatanov; 25-05-2007 at 08:40.
zlatanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 08:51   #1303

Ghost

Registered User
 
Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
Ghost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlatanov
of course I remember them but a slogan like that is not a cheap shot or an ironic joke ... it's a pure and vulgar insult and things like that are rather tasteless.
Plus, Milan prides itself in rising above these things, in being better than the opponents in a class of their own ... with a slogan like that we are falling at their level and maybe even further below ... is this where a Milan fan would want to be?
I can understand where you are coming from and reading everyones post I think its going a bit over the top if you ask me. Some people will agree with what we have done and others wont, however whatever we think or say wont change the facts that it has already been done, lets just wait and see if the Milan players show some new banners when the celebrations happen again. Like Debs said those were the banners of the fans and that is understandable, it would of probably been a different story if the players made the banners.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 09:06   #1304

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Inter will be again celebrating their scudetto on Sunday, after the match against Torino.
Lets see their reaction on these banners Gattuso and the others were holding. If Zlatan won't hold "Milan-cheating since 1899" banner, if Figo won't hold " 4:3, 2:1" banner and similar stuff, then they'll be the winners of this "who's more classy" duel.

Oh, and Moratti said " Galliani apologized and i accepted his apology, but i'm sure Inter players will remember the banners"

Can't wait for the Milano derbies next season.
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 09:07   #1305

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
For the life of me Zlat, I can't figure out why you are being so hard on our boys. Milan is a great team yes we are very classy sure...but above all we are human. Milan players cheat, dive flop too. Conversley there are a lot of very fair and classy Inter players, Crespo and Zanetti come most readily to mind. We don't do it nearly as much as others but we do. But the fact that we do is to be expected and even sympathised with simply because we are human. We are prone to imperfection just like anyone else. One of the nastiest tackles I ever saw was Maldini's Elbow on Ronaldo..akter Ronaldo kept smoking him.....are we now to say that Maldini isn't the best defender ever ? Has this depreciated his class somehow? Personally I'd look at the positives from the incident that Maldini loved Milan so much that he tried everything for us to succeed. What he did was wrong and there is no justification......but he is still our boy Today Ronaldo is our boy too

I think it is unecessarily conceited not to allow our boys to express themselves ...even if we deem it as vulgar/classless etc, as BOTH you and I view it. Leave the stoicism for literature. When people are hurt and oppressed they are more prone to lash out....It is hardly ever done properly but people understand. Bigger picture Zlat bigger picture....In short Inter dishonestly got success.....we took all the injustices meted to us on the chin and presevered....if in the heat of the moment we said soemthing wrong....it surely was a "Crime of Passion" and not premeditated like the Calciopoli scandal that Inter was essentially the mastermind behind.

We pride ourselves in being an honest club yet we were relegated for match fixing. At the end of the day there is not much difference between us and anybody else. We were simply blessed with a few great decent and honourable men. But we have also had our fair share of mistakes and idiots as well. In conclusion my dear Zlatanov : "Milan is a rose. Love even the thorns"
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.