AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-05-2007, 10:01   #1306

Samuca

Registered User
 
Samuca's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2007
Samuca is on a distinguished road
Thank you Maldini, to play till 38 years old and give me the opportunity to watch 2 players borned in Săo Paulo FC (Cafú and Kaká) win a Champions League playing with you, you are a genious of football

I'm glad too to watch Serginho, that learned how to play in Săo Paulo FC winning this prize for the second time with Maldini

About the game, was exactly what I was waiting for

Milan was playing as a quite disorganized team while Liverpool played with a amazing strategy

While Milan had weird momments like when Jankulovsky lost the ball for 2 times, Kaká sometimes went forward and didn´t had no one to pass the ball, Seedorf kinda hided and another failures, Liverpool were even pressing the deffenders of Milan, all players of the english team knew what to do in the field

Fortunally, Milan have a fantastic goalkepper (Dida), one of the best pair of deffenders I ever seen (Nesta and Maldini), 2 amazing deffending midfields (Gattuso and Ambrosin), the best player of the world (Kaká)... anyway, players quite better than Liverpool's

If Benitez were trainning Milan and Ancelotti Liverpool, a game against this teams would be a easy 3x0 for Milan

Inzaghi is freankin ninja, he is not a amazing skilled player but the way he appear to receive the ball, the way he fight in the field and the tranquility he have against the goalkepper is fanastic

Kuyt deserved to score that goal, what a fighter, the only sad moment of the game were watch this dutch player kinda disappointed after the end

Congratulations Milan
Samuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 11:19   #1307

Debs

Administrator
 
Debs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
Platini: Dear champions Milan… Friday 25 May, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UEFA President Michel Platini has sent a letter to Milan congratulating the club for winning the Champions League.

The Rossoneri claimed their seventh win in the competition by defeating Liverpool in Athens on Wednesday, thus becoming the world’s most successful outfit with 16 international trophies.

“We want to congratulate your club for winning the 2006-07 Champions League,” read the letter to Vice-President Adriano Galliani.

“There was an amazing atmosphere inside the Spyro Louis Stadium and Milan’s victory reflected the team’s spirit of solidarity, the commitment and desire to make the match a special one.

“We would also like to congratulate your players for the fair-play shown to their opponents even after the final whistle.

“Also, we want to express our appreciation for your supporters’ behaviour, as they celebrated Wednesday’s win in a positive way and proved that football can and must be a sporting and cultural celebration.

“Once again we congratulate your club for this season’s performances and look forward to the Super Cup Final [against Sevilla] in Monaco [on August 31].”

Milan’s participation in this year’s Champions League had been in doubt last summer because of their involvement in the Calciopoli scandal.

Despite initially being withdrawn from the competition, they were eventually admitted to the preliminaries thanks to a legal loophole.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...ia/may25i.html
__________________
...not your normal paranormal....
Debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 11:53   #1308

hany.Egypt

Registered User
 
hany.Egypt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Cairo,Egypt
Fave Players: san Paolo, Nesta, Pirlo and Ronaldinho
hany.Egypt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If Benitez were trainning Milan and Ancelotti Liverpool, a game against this teams would be a easy 3x0 for Milan
Samuca I am happy that u still an anti Carlo fan like me.
and I would like to ask is there any more anti Carlo?
for me if Carlo won the CL 100 time he will be always a looser
hany.Egypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 12:24   #1309

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
About the debate over the signs. It looks like they were from the fans rather than the players themselves. They probably shouldn't have been shown, but it's a mistake and I think the best thing to do now is forget it.

Galliani has rightfully offered Inter an apology and that's enough. If Inter players decide to show signs of their own on Sunday, that's low, but I doubt they will if I'm honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMMY
I also had to change my avatar because of you ACMILAN, but it's cool.
lol, my apologies (I kept forgetting to thank you before actually). Anyway, that was your avatar and I think you should keep it, as it was a very good one. I have changed mine to another pic that I feel the same way about
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 12:28   #1310

Mehdi

Registered User
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Mehdi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuca
If Benitez were trainning Milan and Ancelotti Liverpool, a game against this teams would be a easy 3x0 for Milan
No it wouldn't. Benitez only understands Catenaccio and when that doesn't work and Gerrard doesn't bail him out they struggle. He keeps changing his teams and keep trying new tactics. He's been at the club three years and still hasn't got a settled starting XI or formation. That's why Liverpool are **** in the league. He got lucky in 2005. He won't get lucky again.
Mehdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 12:29   #1311

Mehdi

Registered User
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Mehdi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hany.Egypt
Samuca I am happy that u still an anti Carlo fan like me.
and I would like to ask is there any more anti Carlo?
for me if Carlo won the CL 100 time he will be always a looser
Ancelotti - 3 EC finals, 2 trophies. That's better than Lippi or that piece of garbage Capello.
Mehdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 12:36   #1312

redconn

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Location: CT, USA
Fave Players: The Kaiser & Crouch
redconn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdi
No it wouldn't. Benitez only understands Catenaccio and when that doesn't work and Gerrard doesn't bail him out they struggle. He keeps changing his teams and keep trying new tactics. He's been at the club three years and still hasn't got a settled starting XI or formation. That's why Liverpool are **** in the league. He got lucky in 2005. He won't get lucky again.
I can't think of a single thing in that post that I agree with.

I don't so much mind if someone is an arse as long as they understand football and make points they can back up, but you're both completely ignorant and nasty. It's the worst combination.
redconn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 12:38   #1313

scudeto4milan

Registered User
 
scudeto4milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
scudeto4milan is on a distinguished road
how can u say a man that has won the cup 4 times as twice as both a coach and a player a loser.the only draw back about carlo is his conservative style , i mean his tactics.as for me i love the man and i respect all he has achieved as a milanista.CARLO THE GREAT
__________________
ROSSONERI FOREVE AND NO GOING BACK
scudeto4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 12:49   #1314

Baggio10

Registered User
 
Baggio10's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Mexico
Fave Players: Roberto Baggio
Baggio10 is on a distinguished road
Kops?

I wanna said this because, Liverpool Fans are always come to all boards and Presume they're the best fans in the Worlds and argue the kops are the most amazing supporter fans etc. But what happened in the Final when Milan were 2-0 in the place where the big screen was. Liverpool fans got nuts and began to attack Milan fans with bottles and flares then the exchange of punches began, I wanna remark this because, just like they all talk about how was a great group supporter they are, they are a bad losers and a violent group!!!!!!

No offense for Liverpool fans, please dont get mad is just a viewpoint xD


http://youtube.com/watch?v=bs9-9ocVUJs

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6xhQSuS-cmU

Last edited by Baggio10; 25-05-2007 at 12:57.
Baggio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 13:00   #1315

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggio10
I wanna said this because, Liverpool Fans are always come to all boards and Presume they're the best fans in the Worlds and argue the kops are the most amazing supporter fans etc. But what happened in the Final when Milan were 2-0 in the place where the big screen was. Liverpool fans got nuts and began to attack Milan fans with bottles and flares then the exchange of punches began, I wanna remark this because, just like they all talk about how was a great group supporter they are, they are a bad losers and a violent group!!!!!!

No offense for Liverpool fans, please dont get mad is just a viewpoint xD


http://youtube.com/watch?v=bs9-9ocVUJs

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6xhQSuS-cmU
Hmmm, i was there and i didn't see any fighting.

Edit : Sorry, i thought you were talking about some fights on the stands. You're obviously talking about fighting outside the stadium.
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 13:06   #1316

curry chicken

Registered User
 
curry chicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2007
Location: Toronto
curry chicken is on a distinguished road
ADRIANO GALLIANI ON THE BANNER

5/25/2007

MILAN - Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani explained at the end of the football league meeting: 'I knew that there was this banner. I made a call to the bus and the banner disappeared. The players explained that they didn't make it and that it was made by some fan. So, it seems like something rather small. Moratti and I talked about it this morning and then we laughed and joked about it.'

-----

I hope that settles it. It's natural to say these things after the rush of euphoria and pride that comes from winning the Champions League, but that doesn't mean it's excusable. The San Siro has new rules doesn't it? On 'vulgar' banners and displays? So I doubt we'll be seeing anything nasty displayed this weekend INSIDE THE STADIUM by either parties.

Now Dru, if that were me, I would have wrapped that banner around my body and jumped around in front of Cordoba...and then swiftly ran from him before he tried to tackle me a la Valencia-Inter. I'm all for making a little trouble in the name of Milan.

Giovanni you lucky bastard. I haven't seen any footage yet, but have only checked photos from the City Tour. I can't tell you what it feels like to see those blurry stills of hundred of tifosi welcoming the players. Red and black everywhere! I wish I was there man!
curry chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 13:20   #1317

Baggio10

Registered User
 
Baggio10's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Mexico
Fave Players: Roberto Baggio
Baggio10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29.
Hmmm, i was there and i didn't see any fighting.

Edit : Sorry, i thought you were talking about some fights on the stands. You're obviously talking about fighting outside the stadium.

Yes man Look at the Videos there were outside the stadium.

and also there were outside of the stadium from both sides people who bought his ticket and did't go to the game
Baggio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 13:33   #1318

Susi

Registered User
 
Susi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2002
Location: Germany
Fave Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pippo.....
Susi is a jewel in the roughSusi is a jewel in the roughSusi is a jewel in the roughSusi is a jewel in the rough
Don't know, if you know that ones. Great pictures

http://mediacenter.gazzetta.it/Media...1-0003ba99c667

http://www.repubblica.it/2006/05/gal...lan-duomo.html
__________________
simply unique, simply hot........simply the best
Susi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 13:37   #1319

Debs

Administrator
 
Debs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
Have enough of us posted that the signs came from FANS???


OK, I don't know what it is about EPL fans, I think it boils down to their attitude. I know I've mentioned about a fellow teacher who was supporting ManU. That teacher just came in to do something on a computer, I said nothing to him as I was working on something, and he says to me "Well, Liverpool played much better than you guys, but you won, you won." Is there something....some hidden brain-controlling signal hidden in EPL broadcasts that makes these people continually act abrasive and quite jerk-like even if nothing has been said to them????
__________________
...not your normal paranormal....
Debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2007, 13:42   #1320

Debs

Administrator
 
Debs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susi
Thank you for sharing! Lots like the city of Milan was definitely painted red and black!!
__________________
...not your normal paranormal....
Debs is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:21.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.