![]() |
|
|
#61 |
|
Administrator
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
![]() ![]() ![]() |
The game has to be postponed I think
RIP Antonio ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#62 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Prishtina/Kosova
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini,Nesta,Kaka
![]() |
RIP Antonio
|
|
|
|
|
|
#63 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
![]() |
Jesus Christ
![]() I'm all shivering He was only 22.
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have |
|
|
|
|
|
#64 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Pato, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso
![]() |
rest in peace Antonio
Now I don't even want Milan to win the supercup. I hope they just cancell the game. |
|
|
|
|
|
#65 | |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
![]() |
The Spanish media is reporting that the game for the UEFA super sup between Milana and Sevillia will go ahead, as scheduled.
Uefa has postponed the CL qualifier AEK-Sevilla, instead, which will be replayed on Sept. 3rd, Monday. Gazzetta: Quote:
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#66 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
![]() |
What a tragic loss given his age. Very upsetting news.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#67 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
![]() |
TBH, I have watched a few Sevilla games and couldn't recall Puerta... last night, before these sad news were given, I watched the replay of the game against Getafe... at the 30th minute he runs towards his goal to cover the ball as it goes out of bounds... gets on his knees and vanishes... the doctor did a good job in recovering him in a couple minutes... he even walked out of the pitch by himself...
to go from that image, to this... I have no words... it's just too sad... then to know his girlfriend is 7 months pregnant with their first child... I don't see why the game must be played on Friday... I'm sure there are some logistic expenses associated with changing the dates, but c'mon... the kid died... we can have this game next month...
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!! |
|
|
|
|
|
#68 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2000
Location: Canada
![]() |
It's very tragic. I strongly suggest the match postponed to January, days before the second half of season starts.
Now if it has to go on as scheduled, I doubt either team won't celebrate winning the trophy, though Milan's chance would be slim, the battle for Sevilla will be in the name of Puerta, and Rossoneri will find it hard to tackle those sad people. You don't want to see the top European competition be a memorial match at a very bad timing. |
|
|
|
|
|
#69 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
![]() |
Its really a tragedy
![]() AEK-SEvilla has been posponed but the Supercup will go on. It will be played in a dark mood, and its a shame. I hope this kind of tragedy will remind all of the sport world that human health is more important that a result and that all the doping that actually causes these heart attacks will stop. Rest in peace Puerta, Milan fans are with you.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
|
|
|
|
|
|
#70 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
![]() |
RIP Puerta. I was watching the Sevilla game live and I saw him fall and swallow his tongue (thats what I thought). It was a really scary thing, and now he has passed away after that small incident. God help his family.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#71 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 07 2003
Location: Nowhere near San Siro :(
Fave Players: Zinedine Zidane, Genarro Gattuso, Alessandro Nesta
![]() |
I also thought at first that the only problem was him swallowing his tongue ... especially when he walked off the field by himslef.
but as it turned out, it wasn't just small incident that was the problem as he suffered a series of heart attacks (5 in all from what I read, which caused serious damage to vital organs) ... swallowing his tongue was merely a side effect of him losing consciousness. Considering the seriousness of his situation, the sad news today were unfortunately, more or less, the logical outcome and everything else would have been nothing short of a miracle ![]()
__________________
"Everyone creates his own luck" - Carlo Ancelotti |
|
|
|
|
|
#72 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Skive
Fave Players: Kaka, Massaro, Ancelotti, Gullit, Sheva, Albertini
![]() |
RIP Puerta
I don't know if the Supercup should be played or not. |
|
|
|
|
|
#73 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
![]() |
it just shows how precious and fragile life is, and that you have to make the most of everyday you have on this rock.
my thoughts go to his family and friends!!
__________________
"Its far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." -- Carl Sagan |
|
|
|
|
|
#74 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2004
Location: Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini, Baresi, Gullit, Shevchenko, Kaka
![]() |
RIP Puerta
The supercup should not be played friday. How can UEFA expect the players to play?
__________________
To the Brave and Faithful Nothing is Impossible |
|
|
|
|
|
#75 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Slovenia
![]() |
Quote:
on the other note, some religions say puerta has gone to a better place and we should all be happy for him. Its a real loss for his young family thou ![]() |
|
|
|
|