AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-02-2008, 12:04   #526

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cescvanpersie
I'm not saying we will win at the San Siro.
If we score first we have a great chance of winning..but i feel pressure is on Milan seeing as they have to attack us, thus giving us space to exploit.
all we need to do is score a goal or fight for a draw...i'm glad it was a 0-0 draw for us.
Milan beating Man utd at the San Siro was a good result last year...But i'm very optimistic over our form and the ability for us to get a victory.
It's all well and good for Milan totry and get a draw at the emirates but a 0-0 draw is the worse kind at this stage...seeing as if we SCore which i know we can..we have the immediate advantage.
And Alot of serie A teams have scored against Milan at the San siro this season so i don't see what would stop us if we play to our potential.


You mean, it's actually better to lose 2-0 than drawing 0-0? (Wait, that sounds like Inter...)

Well, Arsenal scores against a lot of teams in Emirates, but they didn't manage to (albeit almost) yesterday. So waht makes you think Arsenal would be able to score at San Siro?

The same argument can go on and on withuot much substance in it; so maybe we should just stop. Good luck to your team before we meet in 14days again.

Last edited by Jeff; 21-02-2008 at 12:08.
Jeff is offline  
Old 21-02-2008, 12:11   #527

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Actually, I"m a bit worried now given that Milan is actually going to play a game every three days until the next game against Arsenal.

Not good... I suppose we won't get to the fourth position until March or April... *sigh*...
Jeff is offline  
Old 21-02-2008, 12:24   #528

cescvanpersie

Registered User
 
cescvanpersie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
cescvanpersie is on a distinguished road
I know alot of Milan fans hold their home record to a light, and are proud of it,but all i'm saying is anything can happen.
I just want Arsenal to go all out for the win, we were extremely unlucky at the Emirates.
If we go with a winning mentality we have a great chance.
Lets just hope Milan are nice and fatigued for the game.

C'mon Arsenal!
cescvanpersie is offline  
Old 21-02-2008, 12:33   #529

Ghost

Registered User
 
Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
Ghost is on a distinguished road
Well Toure is deffo out, but did anyone see Senderos yesterday? Man was on fire and he is suppose to be our weak link.

The thing with Milan is exactly the same with Arsenal, you just don't know which team turns up on the day. I don't know why but I feel the Milan this year is slightly different to the Milan of last year, I think they would have probably felt more comfortable with playing United again than Arsenal.

Hearing Pirlo's & Maldini's words today show what an excellent club Milan is, very professional and humble, they set an example to the savage club from the same city. Talking of Inter let's have a moment of peace for the inner troubles within the club, lol apparently Ibra and Matrix have fallen out with each other and aren't speaking.
Ghost is offline  
Old 21-02-2008, 12:41   #530

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
The error that a lot of teams do is to think that Milan will play bad because they lost some matches and a lot of points in Serie A against teams which would have to be afraid to play against us (it is sad to say we lost against these teams lol).

Arsenal may beat us (even if I don't think they will), they can surely do a draw with 1-1 or 2-2 and be qualified. But they can also loose 4-1 or 3-0 or ...

Actually, why do we speak about the next match ?
Everything can happen, both teams can also have injuried players before the next match (if Fabregas or if Pirlo are injuried, it wouldn't be the same match), both teams will be able to win and qualify for the next round ...

Only one thing to say: the winner will be favorite of the CL with Barcelona !!
I don't see any other team able to win against that kind of Arsenal or Milan for moment ...

PS: And with a lot of luck lol (ironic), the next round will face Milan/Arsenal to Barcelona ...
GeoTav is offline  
Old 21-02-2008, 12:49   #531

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
I read all your posts and many (even Milan fans) wonder why some of us are confident for the return leg (which not means we're sure to go through):

- Seedorf, Pato and Kaką had just recovered in the last days for this game. They were off the match. I can see them getting in better conditions for the next leg.

- San Siro will be amazing. Be sure. There's the same will to support the team as there was before the game versus United. It will be intimidating, especially for young players. Still possible Arsenal can cope with that, because they have players with personality.

- Carlo will study a few tactical surprises. He always do better in second legs, and second halves, after he's tactically studied the opposite teams.

- Carlo will test more their defence, probably playing with two strikers. As i wrote in the last days, Carlo's plan was conservative at Emirates, knowing they play 25% better due to home support and enthusiasm. I can't see them putting the same performance as yesterday. Nobody can outplay us on our home ground in CL. I have no memory of that in 15 years of European football. If they will achieve that, they will deservedly go through.

- Italians and italian teams play better when on pressure. It's written in history of football, and it's our dna. I think they will be focused like robots, now. And in such conditions nobody has ever stopped us.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Last edited by Giovanni; 21-02-2008 at 12:52.
Giovanni is offline  
Old 21-02-2008, 12:50   #532

forward

Registered User
 
forward's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
Location: UA
Fave Players: AC Milan TEAM
forward is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw_member
Hi I am an Arsenal fan, just popping in to see the reactions from you Milanistas. I am a poster on the Arsenal forum, www.arsenal-mania.com.
Sorry, after reading the biased game report I could not force myself further into the web-site. I realize that this is a way of a fan support, but it just insults my intelligence
__________________
TU SEI TUTTA LA MIA VITA
forward is offline  
Old 21-02-2008, 12:52   #533

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni
Nobody can outplay us on our home ground in CL. I have no memory of that in 15 years of European football. If they will achieve that, they will deservedly go through.
How about Barcelona against us like two years ago? Well, the ydidn't outplay us, but somehow they scored and went on to win the CL .
Jeff is offline  
Old 21-02-2008, 12:54   #534

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
For the support, it was amazing how Arsenal fans were supporting their team, I hope it will be the same in Milan by Milan fans !!

Just one question: why is there few people going to support Milan at San Siro in Serie A ?
GeoTav is offline  
Old 21-02-2008, 12:56   #535

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
How about Barcelona against us like two years ago? Well, the ydidn't outplay us, but somehow they scored and went on to win the CL .
There's no absolute certainty. I give you a few thoughts on the positives.

They were at their absolute peak. We wasted something like 6-7 sitters. Rijkaard put a masterful tactical gameplan, being him a pupil of Sacchi. And Arsenal don't have a player like Ronaldinho of the seasons 2006, who found an unbelievable assist out of nowhere.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Giovanni is offline  
Old 21-02-2008, 12:57   #536

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni
There's no absolute certainty. I give you a few thoughts on the positives.

They were at their absolute peak. We wasted something like 6-7 sitters. Rijkaard put a masterful tactical gameplan, being him a pupil of Sacchi. And Arsenal don't have a player like Ronaldinho of the seasons 2006.
True, and I still believe that shevchenko didn't foul Puyol, who slipped.
Jeff is offline  
Old 21-02-2008, 13:16   #537

Ghost

Registered User
 
Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
Ghost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni
There's no absolute certainty. I give you a few thoughts on the positives.

They were at their absolute peak. We wasted something like 6-7 sitters. Rijkaard put a masterful tactical gameplan, being him a pupil of Sacchi. And Arsenal don't have a player like Ronaldinho of the seasons 2006, who found an unbelievable assist out of nowhere.
That assist was truly out of this world, but to me that goal should have been saved by Dida.

Milan created a lot of chances that game and were unlucky to walk away with a loss, I don't think Barca outplayed Milan at the SS.
Ghost is offline  
Old 21-02-2008, 13:22   #538

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
How about Barcelona against us like two years ago? Well, the ydidn't outplay us, but somehow they scored and went on to win the CL .
After a perfectly legal Sheva goal....even if Eto'o hacked down Maldini to get to the ball the goal would have stood think about that
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 21-02-2008, 13:47   #539

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav
For the support, it was amazing how Arsenal fans were supporting their team, I hope it will be the same in Milan by Milan fans !!

Just one question: why is there few people going to support Milan at San Siro in Serie A ?
What??? Atmosphere at Emirates yesterday was really nothing...it was sad actually to see such a big match like that.

At San Siro its another, completely different world comparing to sterile Emirates. San Siro is temple of football, cannot be compared to Arsenal home ground of yesterday.

P.s.

Jeff, we won it 7 times, not 6
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 21-02-2008, 14:54   #540

cescvanpersie

Registered User
 
cescvanpersie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
cescvanpersie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni
I read all your posts and many (even Milan fans) wonder why some of us are confident for the return leg (which not means we're sure to go through):

- Seedorf, Pato and Kaką had just recovered in the last days for this game. They were off the match. I can see them getting in better conditions for the next leg.

- San Siro will be amazing. Be sure. There's the same will to support the team as there was before the game versus United. It will be intimidating, especially for young players. Still possible Arsenal can cope with that, because they have players with personality.

- Carlo will study a few tactical surprises. He always do better in second legs, and second halves, after he's tactically studied the opposite teams.

- Carlo will test more their defence, probably playing with two strikers. As i wrote in the last days, Carlo's plan was conservative at Emirates, knowing they play 25% better due to home support and enthusiasm. I can't see them putting the same performance as yesterday. Nobody can outplay us on our home ground in CL. I have no memory of that in 15 years of European football. If they will achieve that, they will deservedly go through.

- Italians and italian teams play better when on pressure. It's written in history of football, and it's our dna. I think they will be focused like robots, now. And in such conditions nobody has ever stopped us.
I'm sorry but Pato wasn't all that when he played, and now that he took a knock i don't see any changes.
You say Ancelotti studies other teams tactics? So you think the other manager is sitting there drinking tea? Don't think so.
If Nesta isn't match fit i can see Arsenal getting more joy at your end.
I know the Atmosphere will be electric...but i'm sure the Arsenal players will be up for it, just like your players.
Doesn't mean a 1-1, 2-2 won't happen.
And I see alot of milan fans banging on about the 3-0 against Man utd, sorry Man utd isn't Arsenal, i would also like to say that Man utd just had their defence back from injur, Rio ferdinand was out, so was Evra.
And didn't barcelona win at the San siro in April 2006 in the CL semi final??
An Arsenal victory is very possible.
But i'd be happy with any score draw
cescvanpersie is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:00.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.