![]() |
|
|
#541 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
2. My point about Carlo's tactics was that he will surely study different solutions to get a result in the second leg. Milan will unleash something new in the second leg, while a few Arsenal fans suggested that we may be watching the replica of the first leg. 3. Nesta will be fit for Palermo's game this weekend. Maybe the next at worst, as far as i know. 4. If the Arsenal players will be up to it, it has yet to be seen. 5. People is taking the United game as a standard for the intimidating atmosphere, not for the game in itself. 6. Barcelona won by chance in San Siro, playing a tactically wise match and Milan oddly wasting their chances. The goal was set up by Ronaldinho at the heights of his career. You don't have a player with his skills, don't you?
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES |
|
|
|
|
|
#542 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
![]() |
One HUGE question Jeff...why are we still playing matches every 3 days? Or whatever u posted...ie mid week matches, plus weekend matches?
I thought that we were done with that, now that we have no more "games in hand"?????????????????????????????? ![]()
__________________
I Love Milan. |
|
|
|
|
#543 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 03 2002
![]() |
You are right, Warro, and I may be wrong. Here is the schedule:
Palermo - Milan 02/24/2008 3 day of rest: Milan - Catania 02/27/2008 6 days of rest: Lazio - Milan 03/02/2008 3 days of rest: Milan - Arsenal 03/05/2008 But that's just one big chuck of rest in between Lazio and catania; also I suppose Milan will 'save' their energies against Lazio. I'm not optimistic of that much lol. Hopefully no one will get injured. Last edited by Jeff; 21-02-2008 at 17:29. |
|
|
|
|
#544 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
![]() ![]() ![]() |
Milan play Palermo at home this sunday night, 8.30 PM Italian hour.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES |
|
|
|
|
#545 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
![]() |
Thanks Jeff...I think with the amount of matches decreasing vs previous to this first leg, we should be in much better physical condition to face these "young guns"
![]()
__________________
I Love Milan. |
|
|
|
|
#546 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
![]() |
One thing I dont want to hear if we beet Arsenal is: " we lacked experience".
Ther are always double standards by the rest of the uerope towards italian football. Im not italian so I can be objective in here. Look at the goal Raul scored against Roma now. If Pippo scored that goal england press, or French or whatever would say: " oh, such luck by Milan again. the masters of luck." But now it the great Raul that reacted well... that was just an example, minor detail. For real, show some respect towards worlds most titled club at international level, for a country with european club champions, world cup champions, for a league that has most CL and euroean cups overall, 3 out of last 4 golden ball winners, best CL scorer of all times, paolo maldini, and so on... "luck", crossbar, "almost a goal" means NOTHING! You get what you deserve. If you kick the ball wrongly it ends in a cross bar, its your fault and not Milans. So, Milan is poor, slow, old and what alse. But when we win, and we almost always do ( lucky aguess, of course... 8 finals in 20 years, sooo lucky...), then its "united had no experience", "inzaghi scored with his shoulder", " there were penalties"... milan is AC MILAN, European champions, world champions, most titled club in the world, had golden ball winner and record breaker Inzaghi. And some people still have the nerves to say the game will be played at the same way as at the Meirates...wow. Really...wow... If Arsenal wins, Milan players and us fans will respect them as we did against L'pool when we lost the impossible, against Deportivo when we lost something even more impossible, and even against Barcelona when we were ROBBED by german monkey called "refferee" ( Sheva vs Puyol-the cheater ). But untill oyu come to San Siro and win, respect the club that is the most succesfull club in past 20 years. Milan are favorites, we should act like that! im sure Gattuso and Paolo will.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
|
|
|
|
|
#547 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 03 2002
![]() |
That's a nice post, mrki. I think you can be a bit modest about our history
. |
|
|
|
|
#548 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
![]() |
Quote:
If someone doesnt like it, well... ![]()
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
|
|
|
|
|
|
#549 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
Nice post Mrki, although i didn't understand who were your targets..The arsenal fans on here have posted in moderate way, while the comments from the Juventini were jokes made for a banter.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES |
|
|
|
|
|
#550 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2007
Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
![]() |
Quote:
Mrki I don't think Arsenal would use the 'inexperienced' excuse because end of the day when you look at it the team that reached the final in 2006 it had many players from the current team. These guys aint kids, even when you look at Fabregas whose only 20 he has over 100 appearences to his name, would you say he's inexperienced? I'd rather get knocked out by the Champions of Europe than some mickey mouse team. |
|
|
|
|
|
#551 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
![]() ![]() ![]() |
I forgot to point out a 0-0 draw away means that if it were to go into extra time in the second leg, we would have our own fans behind us, and would have the advantage of playing at home an extra half an hour than our opponents.
I will bring a sedative at San Siro though, just in case.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES |
|
|
|
|
#552 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2008
![]() |
Yeah same here Ghost.
No shame in getting knocked out by AC. At the end of the day we have to take the game in our stride. If Arsenal go looking for a draw we will lose, we have to play to win... The atmosphere will be electric...no better than the Bernabeau in my opinion, and i had the luck of going to that game and it was buzzing. Hopefully Milan slip up, we need to be more clinical we wasted all our chances and i said before the game we have to be CLINICAL. Oh and Giovanni, i think we have a player who can change a game in one pass, FABREGAS, if VAN PERSIE is nice and fit that is another player. We have atleast 3 players who can change any game at anytime in Fabregas, Hleb, and Robin van persie. Milan have top players in Kaka, Pirlo and Seedorf. Pato for me is no where near the standard...he is a good prospect but overhyped much like Rooney. For now i'll go look in my crystal ball ![]()
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
#553 | |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 03 2002
![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#554 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
![]() |
Isn't the match against Lazio at home ?
mrki, I'm sorry, but Arsenal fans were ok ... they didn't shut up, they just supported their team during the entire match !! And only for that, that's very good. They also whistled not too much, which is a sign of respect for the opponent (not sure they would do the same against MU or Chelsea lol). And for the San Siro ambiancy, I would like to see an intimidating ambiancy for each match of CL and some matches of Serie A at least, because actually, we see an important support in Milan only for the dangerous Milan matches against great teams. Did you see any good support for the first three San Siro matches in the round robin ?? Personnally no, nothing compared to Celtic support or Barcelona support ... |
|
|
|
|
#555 | |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 03 2002
![]() |
Quote:
I don't think anyone of us have said, "Febragas is useless" or "So-and-so Arsenal player is crap" unless we actually have seen the players play for a long time (or at least that's how I do it ), so I seldom act like I know everything.That's why in previous post I say that I'm amazed that you follow MIlan's games and seem to know every player inside out. And just again and again unfortunately showing that you really don't know much about Milan players. Things you have said about Pato and Pirlo simply show that you haven't really seen enough of Milan. I am just waiting for you to say that Oddo puts in good crosses lol .Well, at least we agree that Maldini is the man of the world (or may be not; you'll say that he is old...) Please, stop this I-know-all attitude; it's getting quite annoying. - J |
|
|
|