AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-02-2008, 18:23   #301

Giorgos

Registered User
 
Giorgos's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
Location: Greece,Thessaloniki (Macedonia)
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic
Giorgos is on a distinguished road
MILAN - Yesterday the discussion at the Lega Calcio offices was about the TV rights, but Adriano Galliani there were other subjects to talk about before entering the headquarters at Via Rosellini in Milan. The Milan delegate administrator answered the journalists' questions, the first of which were on the upcoming transfer campaign, focusing especially on the strikers' department: "I'm not talking about the transfer market. I don't want to do that until the end of the season. Certainly we need a striker, because of Ronaldo's injury. Without a doubt we are keeping Gilardino, Inzaghi and Pato (in rigorous alphabetical order), so we certainly need a fourth." Among the names being rumoured are Benzema, Drogba, Adebayor and Shevchenko, to which Galliani replied: "They're all fine."

The discussion then verted on the return game in the Champions League at San Siro against Arsenal: "It won't be easy. This team is first in the English league, so they must be one of the best in Europe... and we think we are too. Nothing should change for the second leg, we know it will be a very tough game, in which we have a 50% chance of qualifying. Normally, when Milan have the second match at home they do well and progress, but it remains a difficult game, because Arsenal are a good team."

Concerning the match in London, Kaká felt the team could have done more...: "You can always do more in life. In London Milan gave a tough, proud performance. We were able to suffer when we had to suffer. I still have in mind the perfect match we played against Manchester United... let's hope to repeat it against Arsenal."

Another topic was the performances and the future of Kalac: "Kalac already has a contract for next season, so he will be between the posts also next season. I don't think that in today's football world we can still distinguish between first choice players and reserves. Right now he is doing well, that's why I think he will continue playing. Some of you (journalists) did not believe in the player, but we expected performances of this calibre from him. That's why we bought him. Zeljko did well both with Roda and with Perugia and let's not forget he came for free."

The last topic, before entering the Lega Calcio offices, was the forward line: "Inzaghi has scored 5 goals in 3 finals. I don't want to be the coach, but this is much like a final... let's leave that problem to Ancelotti. Concerning Gilardino's unhappiness, I can understand him. Having an unhappy striker is a problem that all big teams have. You need to have four: two play, while the other two don't. I've also heard about Crespo's complaints..."
source : http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=62404
__________________
PAOK Thessaloniki for Ever....
Giorgos is offline  
Old 23-02-2008, 19:28   #302

forward

Registered User
 
forward's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2006
Location: UA
Fave Players: AC Milan TEAM
forward is on a distinguished road
Galliani proud of Kalac who came for free... this starts to give me fears about the summer transfer season. I think Galliani has a bold idea that Milan's squad is still perfect.
__________________
TU SEI TUTTA LA MIA VITA
forward is offline  
Old 23-02-2008, 20:28   #303

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
I had to make a comment on something I read, someone said that Pirlo is one of our more consistent players? U guys loco or sumthin? He is the most inconsistent, even prolly worse than Seedorf! One day he plays as if he's the best in the world and then next day he gives the ball away sooo cheaply so many times and takes the worst free kicks (well he's consistent in taking bad free kicks at least). No way Pirlo is a consistent player, no way.


I was driving today through Lincoln Road (the coolest street) here in South Beach, Miami and I saw this tall white guy with long hair wearing an Italia shirt so I was like damn he looks familiar, I was like is that ...... and yeah, i was right - it was FRANCESCO COCU. So I stopped him and said how are you and how are you finding USA and your hollywood career (haha and I smerked) and he was like I love life here but he was trying to get a contract and wants to return to football. I asked him if it was true he offered himself recently to Milan he said no it was rumours but he is trying to get in the MLS. I also said that I remember once he was called the new Maldini haha then he said he should have never gone to Inter hahahah
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 23-02-2008, 21:02   #304

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
That's funny hahahhaha hitmannq8. What a great thing to talk to him
Jeff is offline  
Old 24-02-2008, 03:07   #305

slifersd

Registered User
 
slifersd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
slifersd is on a distinguished road
Hitmanq8, his name is Coco, not Cocu. And his biggest mistake in his career was not going to Inter but so much as rebeling against Milan and went to Barcelona first. After that, he had to leave because there was no way this team was going to keep a traitor around. The management actually had some backbones back then and weren't afraid to let him go and sign somebody to replace him.

As for Galliani's comments, I cannot believe it is that time of the year again, time just goes by so fast. Once again, Galliani, along with the other flunkies in that club comes out and talks a big game about their major plans for the summer. And then, they go out and sign the cheapest thing they can find and call it quits. After that, we start getting comments about how we are perfect and dont need any new players to begin with. It is the same formula every year. I still remember the seven men list Galliani gave us to drool over last summer only to sign David Suazo the first chance he got. This management truly is shameless.
slifersd is offline  
Old 24-02-2008, 08:29   #306

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8
I had to make a comment on something I read, someone said that Pirlo is one of our more consistent players? U guys loco or sumthin? He is the most inconsistent, even prolly worse than Seedorf! One day he plays as if he's the best in the world and then next day he gives the ball away sooo cheaply so many times and takes the worst free kicks (well he's consistent in taking bad free kicks at least). No way Pirlo is a consistent player, no way.
Pirlo is our most important player. Take him out of this team, and we're not able to play anymore.
Just look at Parma- Milan, first and second half. Before Pirlo got inside we looked like a lower table team, with Pirlo we started creating everywhere. I can't believe you can still criticise Pirlo.

Let's criticise Maradona, Pelè, Cruyff, Eusebio then. Let's say they are poor players.

Pirlo NOW would get into the all time Italy team.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Giovanni is offline  
Old 24-02-2008, 09:05   #307

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
I thought about replying to this topic, but decided against it. I already know what the reply would be.

Meanwhile, it is reported that Rafinha maybe available for around £5 million. As always, it's just paper talk, but it's a minimal figure for someone who is a valid alternative to the uber expensive Alves. I've given up on Vargas so Rafinha & Zambrotta at full-back would be quite tasty
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline  
Old 24-02-2008, 10:53   #308

Graeme C

Moderator
 
Graeme C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
Borriello hatrick against udinese lol, reckon we will get him back? *highest scorer in seria A. Thats incredible
__________________
"Its far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." -- Carl Sagan

Last edited by Graeme C; 24-02-2008 at 11:01.
Graeme C is offline  
Old 24-02-2008, 12:21   #309

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
So Borriello has already had 2 hat-tricks, unbelievable. We should observe him more.
Aficio is offline  
Old 24-02-2008, 13:03   #310

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni
Pirlo is our most important player. Take him out of this team, and we're not able to play anymore.
Just look at Parma- Milan, first and second half. Before Pirlo got inside we looked like a lower table team, with Pirlo we started creating everywhere. I can't believe you can still criticise Pirlo.

Let's criticise Maradona, Pelè, Cruyff, Eusebio then. Let's say they are poor players.

Pirlo NOW would get into the all time Italy team.
Nobody's doubting Pirlo's importance. Someone would have to be crazy to do that. However it is true that he's a very inconsistent player and this is bad because everything goes through him and if he has an off day, the entire team suffers. Nesta is the most consistent performer in this team by far.
Mystik is offline  
Old 24-02-2008, 13:05   #311

e-Milan

Registered User
 
e-Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
e-Milan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficio
So Borriello has already had 2 hat-tricks, unbelievable. We should observe him more.
what was the formation Genoa usually used ?
e-Milan is offline  
Old 24-02-2008, 14:17   #312

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-Milan
what was the formation Genoa usually used ?
Based on playtime, I think it is 442 (correct me). Borriello's playtime is the third (1832, about 120min/goal ), after Konko (2035, defender) and Ivan Juric (1935, midfielder).

His playtime is almost double each other striker. And the second most prolific scorer has only 2.

That mean he is the life force of Genoa now. Take him back will cost us a bit.
Aficio is offline  
Old 24-02-2008, 21:01   #313

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
Nobody's doubting Pirlo's importance. Someone would have to be crazy to do that. However it is true that he's a very inconsistent player and this is bad because everything goes through him and if he has an off day, the entire team suffers. Nesta is the most consistent performer in this team by far.
Yep, Gio I never said Pirlo wasn't important or not good enough..but I said that he is soooo inconsistent and it hurts us alot because he is so important.

I agree about Nesta, he is the best. Never ever puts a bad performance, never makes a mistake (without making up for it). Second best would be Ambrosini.. And in all honesty there is no third best, because the rest of the team are all inconsistent!
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 25-02-2008, 03:14   #314

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficio
Based on playtime, I think it is 442 (correct me). Borriello's playtime is the third (1832, about 120min/goal ), after Konko (2035, defender) and Ivan Juric (1935, midfielder).

His playtime is almost double each other striker. And the second most prolific scorer has only 2.

That mean he is the life force of Genoa now. Take him back will cost us a bit.
He's only on loan. If someone like Roma are looking for him we should try a swap and get Mancini, Fiorentina - frey, Udinese - Zapata, or Palermo - Amauri/Barzagli. Maybe good enough as 3rd striker for Milan, if Gila finds a new home.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 25-02-2008, 06:00   #315

Nalx

Registered User
 
Nalx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: tanah merah putih
Fave Players: San Marco, Billy, Patinho
Nalx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficio
Adebayor? I think his huge body and good heading skill will help Oddo to train his crosses.
LOL.. When Oddo sends the ball from the flank, it's the crowd, not the opponent or our striker, who get the ball
__________________
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool --Almost Famous--
Nalx is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:21.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.