AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-02-2008, 15:32   #346

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Varga, Amauri & Zapata would be ok asthey already play in Italy, besides soon Amauri gets Italian passport, but then I don't want him for Milan. Its a good chance Silva has Portugese passport as his brother plays for Benfica - Luazio.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 28-02-2008, 15:34   #347

slicknick

Registered User
 
slicknick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2005
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Fave Players: Ronaldo, Seedorf, Messi, Kaka, Gourcuff, Pato
slicknick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
rejuvenate our squad?? since when were we copying Juve
re·ju·ve·nate /rɪˈdʒuvəˌneɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ri-joo-vuh-neyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -nat·ed, -nat·ing.
–verb (used with object) 1. to make young again; restore to youthful vigor, appearance, etc.:
__________________
7 UCL titles - Coincidence ? I think not...
slicknick is offline  
Old 28-02-2008, 15:40   #348

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony75
Varga, Amauri & Zapata would be ok asthey already play in Italy, besides soon Amauri gets Italian passport, but then I don't want him for Milan. Its a good chance Silva has Portugese passport as his brother plays for Benfica - Luazio.
Drogba also holds an eu-passport (French passport)
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline  
Old 28-02-2008, 16:39   #349

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
As someone said we have 3 strikers that are valued at least 10m euro - they are Borriello, Oliveira, Gilardino.. Pozzi should also be worth 6m at least after some good performances.

However, none of these 4 are Milan quality. At least not yet. Borriello will not make it at Milan, but seeing as he is the top scorer of Serie A right now, he must have caught attention around Europe, he could be used as a bargain chip to get the ever-so-talented Amauri. Now that, is a player I'd love to have - however not for a crazy amount. Boriello + 5m is the max I would trade for Amauri. Straight cash, I'd say 14-16m euro.

Pozzi, I dont know bout this guy. He's too young, I say leave him on loan for one more season.

Oliveira? He's been so impressive with Zaragoza. He also is 26 so he has some good years ahead of him and he is about to get into his prime. He should be worth 15m. I say we send in a sneaky offer to Villareal of a straight swap with Giuseppe Rossi (who is class). Worth a try right?

Gilardino? How much longer are you guys planning on giving him? enough is enough.. Really. For his sake, Milan's sake, Serie A's and Italy's sake he needs to leave Milan. Im sure he'll play great if he goes elsewhere but what fault do we have? We gave him three years and he didn't do what we expected him to do. He has the best midfield in the world behind him but he always complains of 'lack of service'. Tell u the truth, it is the lack of his movement that makes you all think its the lack of service. Look at Pippo, he always has the ball in his feet and is always involved! Gila could be swapped for Frey, however I wouldn't mind having Kalac here as a starter. We need to offload Dida, his wages are way too high to be on the bench.

Who else we got... Pippo - keep him, we need him. Pato - is improving his game but I dont think he will be lifting Milan game after game like Sheva did just yet, he needs a good partner (Amauri amauri amauri). 2 other strikers should come in. Amauri and Rossi are my favourites but you never know.

I'd also love to get someone to give Kaka a rest. Di Natale is great but I dont know if he'll be ok with being benched. But then there is Morfeo who is an outcast at Parma and is such a good player. He wouldnt mind being benched I'm sure.

Brocchi is the only change I'd make in midfield, I'd instead bring an attacking midfielder, someone in the calibre of Van der Vaart. However this is unrealistic so I wouldn't talk about it.

In defense we will say good bye to Cafu, Maldini, Favalli and Serginho probably. We will most likely get Zambrotta (the most important deal, such a great player), and I hope we go for Vargas. I was never a fan of Kaladze but it would be unrealistic to replace him so I wont talk about it. A defence of Vargas(Janku) - Nesta - Kaladze(Bonera) - Zambrotta (Oddo) isn't so bad right? And then we can get one more young CB like Silva (that is rumoured), or Zapata (my pick). Zapata could take over Kaladze's starting spot easily..Oh yeah and we will also sign Ferrari I'm sure.


So in summary:
So the deals that will most likely happen as of today:
Ferrari, Zambrotta in
Ronaldo, Maldini, Cafu, Serginho, Favalli out

Realistically, we can go for these players:
Amauri, Vargas, Frey.

Would be nice to go for players like:
Zapata, Perez (Ajax) (can replace Kaka), Rossi, Hamsik, Lavezzi.
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 28-02-2008, 17:12   #350

Ghost

Registered User
 
Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
Ghost is on a distinguished road
I was never confident of Milan buying any new players in the previous two seasons, but this summer I have a different feeling.
Ghost is offline  
Old 28-02-2008, 18:46   #351

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Don't compare Gila to Pippo, it's two kinds of strikers totally different ... Pippo creates (created) spaces whereas spaces have to been created for Gila.

I just watched Gila's goals when he was in Parma ... and he's right, almost all his goals were scored with at least 2 partners around him in the area and more behind him (so each time, he had more space). When you look the way Milan usually attacks, Gila is often alone in the area with 2-3 defensers around him and no partner. Like he's not a guy able to eliminate his opponents with his technical skills, he scores really less.

So, if Milan was attacking, not just with Pirlo-Seedorf-Kaka-Pato (he's often outside the area too) behind the area and Gila inside but with for example Pirlo-Seedorf behind Kaka-Pato-Gila, and more often Oddo or Janku running forward and putting good balls, I'm sure that Gila and Milan more generally would score many and many goals.

So all depends of what we want next year: a more offensive team so Gila must stay or the same kind of play we have this year and some of the last years and Gila must unfortunately leave for another club, hopefully in Italy.
GeoTav is offline  
Old 28-02-2008, 20:39   #352

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknick
re·ju·ve·nate /rɪˈdʒuvəˌneɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ri-joo-vuh-neyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -nat·ed, -nat·ing.
–verb (used with object) 1. to make young again; restore to youthful vigor, appearance, etc.:
I can't believe I caught you with that joke Of course I know what "rejuvenate" means
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 28-02-2008, 21:32   #353

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav

So all depends of what we want next year: a more offensive team so Gila must stay or the same kind of play we have this year and some of the last years and Gila must unfortunately leave for another club, hopefully in Italy.
I will say hopefully NOT in Italy so that he won't come back to haunt us like Borriello almost does -.-!
Jeff is offline  
Old 29-02-2008, 00:02   #354

Kulspruta

Registered User
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Kulspruta is on a distinguished road
Milan: a defender arriving from Brazil


28.02.2008, 09:30
Milan moves in the market to renew their defence for next season: in addition to the increasingly likely return to Italy of Zambrotta, the club would have given a pre-contract to Alex Silva, the 22 year old central defender who has an expiring contract with San Paolo. The player, returned from a knee injury is 192 cm high, he is the younger brother of Luisao del Benfica. In Brazil the agreement is done.
(Tuttosport)

__________________________

If that's true and the move follows through, I can honestly say it's a pretty good signing. He has two caps for the brazilian national team and is not only a huge prospect but also one of the best brazilian CBs in activity. But isn't having Nesta, Kaladze, Bonera, Ferrari and Alex a bit too much?

Last edited by Kulspruta; 29-02-2008 at 00:06.
Kulspruta is offline  
Old 29-02-2008, 01:10   #355

kawiki

Registered User
 
kawiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2008
Location: kotabesar
Fave Players: il capitano
kawiki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulspruta
But isn't having Nesta, Kaladze, Bonera, Ferrari and Alex a bit too much?
Kaladze can be moved to the left in janku position, while I don't regard ferrari in the same level with nesta, even with bonera. If Alex is that good, then it will be Nesta - Alex as our DC.
kawiki is offline  
Old 29-02-2008, 04:15   #356

slicknick

Registered User
 
slicknick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2005
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Fave Players: Ronaldo, Seedorf, Messi, Kaka, Gourcuff, Pato
slicknick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
I can't believe I caught you with that joke Of course I know what "rejuvenate" means
Yeah, what can I say? You had me there...
__________________
7 UCL titles - Coincidence ? I think not...
slicknick is offline  
Old 29-02-2008, 20:35   #357

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
I will say hopefully NOT in Italy so that he won't come back to haunt us like Borriello almost does -.-!
I explain you why i say that i hope he would leave, if he leaves (what i don't hope lol), in an Italian club: Serie A is still a good championship, if good players like him start to go abroad, to play (like Zambrotta-Cannavaro-Bianchi-Rossi-Grosso-Toni-Lucarelli do or did), it will reduce Serie A level ...

I just don't want to see a Serie A championship similar to the poor Ligue 1 with all the best players leaving France each year to go principally in England or Spain.
And excepted some guys, almost all the last Italian playing in other countries are bad: Cannavaro probably did 2-3 good matches since he is in Madrid (and he plays like in Madrid with national squad), Zambrotta made a mistake, Bianchi ... lol, Grosso plays because Lyon don't have very good players on the left but he doesn't play very well.

But wouldn't you prefer to see these guys playing in Italy ? G.Rossi or Toni too ?

So if Gila goes, I'd prefer him to go back in Parma, or in Napoli, this kind of club, why not Palermo, Fiorentina or Udinese, UEFA Cup clubs trying to qualify in CL.
GeoTav is offline  
Old 29-02-2008, 21:21   #358

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
My argument simply stems from the hope that he won't come back to haunt us. Or the majority of the people here will think that he doesn't have that capability anyway .

I wish him all the best. I read that he is leaving for Juventus in the summer (from goal.com); well not sure how willing the management is willing to let Gilardino go (because he is young), but I suppose that if Gilardino wants to leave, they can't stop him.
Jeff is offline  
Old 29-02-2008, 22:01   #359

Rando

Registered User
 
Rando's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2004
Rando is on a distinguished road
the issue is these transfers(zambrotta,alex silva,ferrari) are not official yet, so anything can happen. we dont even know if cafu,serginho,favalli are definitely leaving.

i have never seen amauri plays, but he does not score a lot of goals(the most he scored is 11 goals per season). so i dont know why we should buy him.
__________________

Rando is offline  
Old 01-03-2008, 05:47   #360

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
I couldn't be less excited by the prospect of signing a Roma reject for free and a Brazilian no one has heard of or has any idea about. Not quite the heights we should be aiming for.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.