![]() |
|
|
#136 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
![]() |
So finally comes the big one. I stayed up in India to watch the first leg (fell asleep at 4am and had to wake up at 6am). Personally, I don’t see why we can’t win this, despite the current situation, which quite simply is less than grand. We have the quality, the experience and the ability to produce magic.
Tactically, I think Carlo’s system is all set now, and I think he knows that very well (in fact, I think he decided straight after the first leg how to play this match). Any doubts about the first team have been cleared, with Nesta, Pirlo and Kaka all available and though Seedorf is injured (or so it seems), this makes room for Pato, who put simply has by far been our best player of late. Speaking of Pato, I don’t think he’ll be used in his normal attacking role, but rather will be asked to drop a little deeper (and push wide, which he does naturally anyway) and support Kaka (helping out in pressing on Cesc and Flamini). Though not his most natural position, his quality should be enough for him to adapt. I’m genuinely excited about seeing him out on the field, and wouldn’t be shocked if he’s the star of the show tomorrow. In attack, Pippo is the obvious choice. Not just well rested, his key purpose in the squad is to play games like these. His experience and strike rate in CL is a necessity, especially as Gila’s form is awful. The midfield is the usual combination of Rino, Ambro and Pirlo. Rino and Ambro have to impose themselves in this match, and in fact, could be the key to victory. I suspect like the first leg Arsenal will press Pirlo very hard, but should the other two dominate and press the Arsenal midfield, then we know what the results are like. Rino’s attitude to me will be a massive factor in this match. Clearly the side are currently down mentally, but if he can lead like he did against Utd last season, where he drove the side forward, then we will have a massive boost. Defence is self explanatory. Nesta and Kala are a good solid partnership and Maldini is another solid option out left (where Kala can play if necessary), even if going forward he doesn’t have the legs he used to. Oddo is the major determining factor, as he’s been poor this season. Defensively he has to be solid, that is key, but if he can offer a threat going forward, then we will have a fantastic weapon at our disposal. Kalac has to play in goal too, but right now he’s on fire, and exhumes confidence so it’s not a problem. I think the team need to set out to press the Arsenal midfield. Cut supply to the man up front (at least Adebayor) and dominate the creative talents (Hleb, Cesc, RVP if he plays etc). We all know that dominating the midfield will win matches, and I believe it’s important in this match as any. We have to threaten wide areas tomorrow. Arsenal has a strong and imposing central defence and midfield, but when they push forward they can leave spaces in the wide areas, which we must look to take advantage of. This is a worrying factor considering our inability to threaten from wide areas this season. Therefore, Pato and Kaka will also have to share duties push wide every so often, as the midfield and fullbacks certainly cannot do it alone. There is no reason to fear this match, we are Milan! There is no reason to doubt the side, we are Milan! There is no reason we can’t progress, because we’re the European Champions, we’re the World Champions and WE ARE MILAN!!!!!! FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! |
|
|
|
|
|
#137 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2008
![]() |
This is an article I wrote on an Arsenal forum.
http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36211 Here it is anyway. The Arsenal squad will be preparing for arguably their most important game, so far this season. San Siro, which is the venue for the 2nd leg, is one of the most intimidating stadiums in Western Europe. Displaying some of the best choreography, that you could witness anywhere in the World. The tifosi are not only loud but a colourful bunch, like we witnessed at the Emirates. The Milanistas, pride themselves on their immense support to guide them through the Champions League campaign, similar to how Liverpool do with Anfield. A huge support can prove to be decisive in a tight game, and this tie, is as tight as it gets. Clarence Seedorf picked up a hamstring injury, in Milan's recent league game, making him a major doubt for Tuesday. The Dutchman is an important component of Ancelotti’s midfield, which is vital in maintaining the tempo and counter-attacking tactic that Milan deploy. He was instrumental in the 3-0 destruction of United at the Semi-final stage, last season and losing him will definitely affect the Rossoneri. On the Arsenal front, Tomas Rosicky has been ruled out of the CL tie. The Czech playmaker was supposed to be back for the Blackburn game, several weeks ago, but is still yet to return. His injury problems seemed to be a thing of the past, when he managed to stay fit for a couple of months, only for it to return. The two club’s best defenders, Touré and Nesta, picked up injuries in the 1st leg at the Emirates. The Italian was past fit earlier today, whereas Kolo Touré will not be traveling with the Arsenal squad. Long term injuries to Ronaldo and Eduardo, has ruled them out of tie, the duo are out for 9 months. World Player of the year, Kaka and Andrea Pirlo have both been declared fit by Milan Lab coordinator Jean Meersseman, after taking part in training today. There’s also good news for Arsenal, as Robin Van Persie will be landing in Milan with the squad. The Dutchman has been making steady progress and his long awaited arrival is a boost for the Gunners. On the weekend Arsenal continued their poor run of form, after just drawing against Aston Villa. A late strike by Bendtner ensured Arsenal stayed on top of the Premier League. Without a win in 4 games, Arsenal’s bad patch could not have come at a worse time. The United defeat two weeks ago, has affected the teams momentum, more than others had anticipated. AC Milan maintained their inconsistent form as they drew 1-1 with Lazio. With 5 draws in there last 6, the Italians will put there focus on winning the CL, as they struggle to capture 4th spot in Serie A. With only a day left, all focus will be on how Arsenal can overcome the Italians. Will the players be able to repeat the same ferocious pace, they showed at the Emirates or will they crumble under the crowd, like Man Utd did last season. Milan could not possibly play as bad as they did in England. Their attacking players were non-existent and had to thank Arsenal’s profligacy in front of goal, and superb defending by their defenders to hold on for the draw. With an 80,000 crowd behind them, there will certainly be a big improvement from the Milan players. Can Arsenal do it? There’s only one way to find out. Bring on Tuesday. |
|
|
|
|
|
#138 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2007
Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gilardino, Buffon, Nesta...
![]() |
nice article..
|
|
|
|
|
|
#139 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2007
Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
![]() |
Whoa 12 hours time tomorrow (god willing) I shall be on a place to Milan.
A day I won't ever want to forget. Just for an interesting read: http://www.uefa.com/printoutfiles/co..._301896_pk.pdf Enjoy |
|
|
|
|
|
#140 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 12 2004
Fave Players: Rivera, Baresi, Maldini, Van Basten
![]() |
Quote:
Pity us Milanisti ain't allowed to post in your forum due to tight regulations. P.S. And yes, San Siro is San Siro ![]()
__________________
I hate the Gang of Honestsi
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#141 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2008
![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#142 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
![]() |
nice post outlaw...well written.
Now on to the game: I am so nervous, I dont even know why/how I am here typing these words...but I have read enough, heard enough, argued enough, and now its all down to tomorrow nights 90 minutes..and I do hope the match is decided over 90 minutes...as the suspense of overtime may very well give me a heart attack! The inspirational overview by Dev was enough to give me the courage, and rekindle my faith to be able to type this post...and indeed, I think we can do it tomorrow. I will say this though, that if Arsenal do beat us, they will be "my team" for the rest of the tournament...as they embody all the positives of football in today´s world: Youth, excellent scouting system, attack-minded coach, who has faith in his young talents.... That being said, I hope my team will give their all, and that experience will prevail over youth, and further, that Gorky gets to play in the Dutchman´s stead...though I think Carlo will opt for Pato and Pippo up front, leaving Kaka as tequartista, with DMs being Rino and Max, with Pirlo as the deep lying playmaestro. Key matchups will be: Nesta vs Abedayor/Van Persie Senderos/Gallas vs Pato/Kaka... Cant wait!
__________________
I Love Milan. |
|
|
|
|
|
#143 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
![]() |
I would not be surprised if Van Persie scores ... it's the unwritten rule for players returning from injury, they always end up scoring
![]()
__________________
... Is watching you ...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#144 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2007
Location: Chicago, USA
Fave Players: Maldini
![]() |
My first thoughts exactly, Jim. I'm nervous about that-but wait, Kaka' was hurt too so...
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#145 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
![]() |
Surprise surprise
Seedorf is IN the squad to face Arsenal. I just knew that Carlo would never play 4-3-1-2 in a game like this, and to tell u the truth I feel more confident with Seedorf. |
|
|
|
|
|
#146 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 03 2002
![]() |
In the squad just for possibility but I doubt if he'll start...?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#147 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2006
Location: UA
Fave Players: AC Milan TEAM
![]() |
Quote:
with Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka each contributing.... and Pato will score just cuz he is cool like that ![]()
__________________
TU SEI TUTTA LA MIA VITA |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#148 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 12 2004
Fave Players: Rivera, Baresi, Maldini, Van Basten
![]() |
Quote:
__________________
I hate the Gang of Honestsi
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#149 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 12 2004
Fave Players: Rivera, Baresi, Maldini, Van Basten
![]() |
Quote:
![]()
__________________
I hate the Gang of Honestsi
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#150 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
![]() |
omg this Milan x Arsenal presentation preview has pumped me up so much.
Got it from acmilanclub.com but credit to Kaka_Nesta for making a great clip, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaDa83-gjVQ |
|
|
|