AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics > UEFA Champions League

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 23:50   #151

Rosso6

Registered User
 
Rosso6's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2003
Location: USA
Fave Players: Donadoni, Nesta, Paolo, Kaka,Desailly,Redondo
Rosso6 is on a distinguished road
Not the Clinical Milan Anymore!!!!!!

To all my fellow Milanisti, I have bled,cried and laughed with you through all of Milan's ups and downs. I have supported Milan for the past 20 years and have seen the metamorphosis that this club has gone through.

This season(in the last 5 years) has by far been one of Milan's worst in terms of execution. We don't go for the jugular anymore and kill of team's. That is why I'm prepared for a Milan loss against Arsenal. The Cohesion in play that has been Milan's trademark since Carlo's reign is seriously lacking. And as a result we've lacked clinical execution that we've had in the past. Another reason I'm prepared for a an unfavorable result against Arsenal is the how we seem to overlook Serie A, sometimes with contempt.

There seems to be a lack of urgency whenever we play Serie A teams. And then we plan to show up in the Champions League. I for one believe if we lose tomorrow, next season Serie A should be our number 1 priority. Winning begets winning, if we are getting results in Serie A and consistently battling for the top spot it; this in turn serves as springboard for Champions League games. I know some of you will point to Last Season, that was a special campaign signed by destiny. Lets face if guys and gals, a season like 06/07 won't always be there.

Personally, I believe 04/05 season was one of the best Milan's seasons in the past decade. Despite losing to Liverpool, our Serie A play&CL play was simply exceptional. We got to the Champions League Final exhibiting exquisite soccer.

Enough about looking into the past. I don't think Milan has been the best team in CL to date. I don't know who has. It might one of those seasons where we see the final without any marquee names(Milan, Manyoo).If Milan win tomorrow, I was wrong. My writing here is not to prepare for 'I told you so', I don't derive any joy from Milan losing. All I want to get across, is we've not shown the capability to string fine performances. Inconsistency and lack of cohesion in play has plagued us. So with that I pray for a win but will be gutted and still understand if we don't win.

Milan For Life
__________________
Milano Per Siempre

Last edited by Rosso6; 03-03-2008 at 23:57.
Rosso6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:23   #152

Aficio

Registered User
 
Aficio's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2006
Fave Players: Maradona & Paolo Maldini
Aficio is on a distinguished road
Milan always plays for a win. I know that we need to be more pragmatic, but I actually prefer a win. Forza Milan!!!
Aficio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:05   #153

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso6
I know some of you will point to Last Season, that was a special campaign signed by destiny. Lets face if guys and gals, a season like 06/07 won't always be there.
We make our own destiny and this match is no different. We will either go out and win or lose, but it's up to us whether we succeed or fail.

great video hitmannq8.

FORZA MAGICO MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:51   #154

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Seedorf is isted which means there is a slingh chance for a last minute recupery, probably right now players know the formation already.

And I dont see why some people thing its too offensive to play Kaka'-pato-Pippo, its not. We have Rino-Ambro-Pirlo behind and two fullbacks from which one cant run forward much ( paolo ) and the other cant cross, ever.

Giovanni and Diavolo - are there any news about the coreo from the Curva??
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:55   #155

jawad

Registered User
 
Join Date: 12 2007
jawad is on a distinguished road
i don't know, but i'm not feeling the heat like before, i don't know but we've got used to it, in a way that it doesn't effect us that much, or not as it used to be.

anyway a first goal for us will get ther moral down, and it will be a great chance we can finish them if we played our cards right, and the rest is history
jawad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:58   #156

jmacpherson

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2006
jmacpherson is on a distinguished road
The day is finally here....9hrs to go

When the whistle blows and the clock starts, one of two things can happen:

We show why we are the current european and world club champions and progress to the next round...
Or we don't and we stay home in the next round and watch the games on tv instead of playing in them.

Personally, I hope the team chooses the first option.
jmacpherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 06:13   #157

Peachtot

Registered User
 
Peachtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2001
Fave Players: San Marco, Zvone Boban
Peachtot is on a distinguished road
according to arsenal official site, toure and rosicky wil be out tonight.

i guess wenger will start with 4-5-1 scheme and their starting line up gonna be :

-----------Adebayor-----------

-------------Hleb--------------

Diaby---Cesc---Flamini---Eboue

Clichy--Senderos--Gallas--Sagna

------------Almunia-----------

Hleb will also play defensive role eliminating pirlos' space and time to create milan offense
__________________
In my solitude night, I dream on you..
In my busy working day, I'm thinking of you..
In my every single holy prayer, mostly I call ur name..
Oh LOrd, if this one isn't coming from Thou, set us far away...
But if she is, tie us and bless with Thy shiny face...
Peachtot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 06:13   #158

Peachtot

Registered User
 
Peachtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2001
Fave Players: San Marco, Zvone Boban
Peachtot is on a distinguished road
according to arsenal official site, toure and rosicky wil be out tonight.

i guess wenger will start with 4-5-1 scheme and their starting line up gonna be :

-----------Adebayor-----------

-------------Hleb--------------

Diaby---Cesc---Flamini---Eboue

Clichy--Senderos--Gallas--Sagna

------------Almunia-----------

Hleb will also play defensive role eliminating pirlos' space and time to create milan offence
__________________
In my solitude night, I dream on you..
In my busy working day, I'm thinking of you..
In my every single holy prayer, mostly I call ur name..
Oh LOrd, if this one isn't coming from Thou, set us far away...
But if she is, tie us and bless with Thy shiny face...
Peachtot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:00   #159

ForzaMilano821

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2007
Location: Boston
ForzaMilano821 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8
omg this Milan x Arsenal presentation preview has pumped me up so much.

Got it from acmilanclub.com but credit to Kaka_Nesta for making a great clip,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaDa83-gjVQ
Man that video is sick, I think I watched it 4 times in a row....

I must admit its gonna be damn hard to focus in school today. When that bell rings I'm getting the hell back home.

Lets pray that Milan prevails!!!!!!

FORZA MILANO!!!
ForzaMilano821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:12   #160

inomilan

Registered User
 
inomilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2007
Location: Quezon City, Philippines
Fave Players: THE WHOLE AC MILAN TEAM!!!
inomilan is on a distinguished road
we need to play w/ 2 strikers if we want to create space for Kaka, which will lead us to victory

FORZA MILAN!!!
__________________
TU SEI TUTTA LA MIA VITA!

FORZA MILAN!!!
inomilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:36   #161

MLM

Registered User
 
MLM's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2007
Location: J-Town
Fave Players: Grande Capitano
MLM is on a distinguished road
i am really nervous about tonight game.. plz help me
i feel butterly in my stomach^^
MLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:43   #162

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
There is one thing that relaxes people ...

It will be a difficult match to watch for fans because it will be hard for our team to do it (but they will do it !!).
And we may be hoping that by qualifying tonight and playing well, they will retrieve their fabulous level also for Serie A ...

PS: I hope there will be HD link to see the match, in France, it's Lyon's day and there is no other match shown, except summaries after 22h30 ...
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:55   #163

_Ace

Registered User
 
_Ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gilardino, Buffon, Nesta...
_Ace is on a distinguished road
HD links are down due to upgrading...

atleast thats my opinion
_Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:01   #164

Giorgos

Registered User
 
Giorgos's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2006
Location: Greece,Thessaloniki (Macedonia)
Fave Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic
Giorgos is on a distinguished road
I believe that in the summer we need 7-8 new players but i am optimistic for today's game giving 70% to us and 30% to them...
__________________
PAOK Thessaloniki for Ever....
Giorgos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:36   #165

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
For those who's hearts are pumping so fast, here are some pain killers:

Some of the biggest games/greatest goals under in Ancelotti era,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx0cGR-K9Nc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5_Yp9v1m1U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TmRc1-2TGs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx_-zPezyh8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xhfx...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlKJ9LZOnqw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPCHrcDTLGY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0g0RCQnU28
hitmannq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.