AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-04-2008, 07:25   #1951

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
With the money we spent on Pato, and considering Paloschi's promise....I don't see us moving for Balotelli....and even if we were to...isn't there a rule preventing us from aquiring a player that young?

With our tendancy to go for more experienced strikers, makes me think that we won't be looking ib his direction....plus...getting him away from Inter at this point would require the Mossad, CIA, and several other secret agencies to spirit him away to milanello....
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 30-04-2008, 07:32   #1952

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki
You mean a team like Dida( great Dida ), Cafu, MAldini, Nesta, Billy, Kaladze, Pirlo, young Seedorf, Serginho ( fast ), Stam. Rui Costa, RIVALDO ( who played great WC summer before with Brazil and won it ...), Shevchenko, inzaghi, Crespo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, KAka'... for one scudetto. Calciopolo or not, we lost tons of points bewcouse of too defensive startings of the match, it happened milion times.

In CL we won twice in 6 years now, and that is something we need to be very proud of. Hats down for Carlo for doing that, but in serie a it was all wrong.
He has been as unsuccessful in Italy as Sacchi's Milan was. But that team (better equipped to be successful in Italy with a great striker in Van Basten and great wingers in Donadoni and others) didn't do well in Serie A as well.

"Calciopoli or not" : you talk about it as if it was a little particular. We were cheated as well. We lost points in all key matches. Do you remember Bertini in Juventus- Milan 2004-2005 ? I don't want to open another Calciopoli debate, anyway.

Carlo is the best coach around. Milan has played some of the best football of its history under Carlo, and sometimes even better than Sacchi's Milan, which had superior players.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Giovanni is offline  
Old 30-04-2008, 10:37   #1953

AlessandroNesta

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2007
AlessandroNesta is on a distinguished road
Balotelli - Pato... what would that be... and Paloschi here also...

and Balotelli is a Milan fan...
"Curiously, newspaper Corriere dello Sport went to Balotelli’s hometown and discovered the new Inter hero is a lifelong Milan fan!"
AlessandroNesta is offline  
Old 30-04-2008, 11:12   #1954

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovanni
Do you want to compare Pirlo's mistake with Dida's ? Dida's howler was the last of a serie long at least 1 year and an half. It was enough. And being mocked by Interisti in a derby is definitely different for missing a penalty against Atalanta or Reggina. Pirlo is a champion. In Dida now we have a much lower keeper than Serie A standards.

Do you know what Inter fans sang after the Derby ? "DIDA ONE OF US " . I didn't like it, and didn't like to lose a derby in that way. It was the end of Dida's career at Milan, and he made that mistake in the worst situation possible.



I don't get licenses from you about being a Milan fan. If Dida's bashers aren't Milan fans you should ban from the club all San Siro crowd then. Make a poll in San Siro; ask if they like Dida or not. Maybe they aren't Milan fans too...
Unbelievble...I put in bold that imo Didaīs era in Milan is over, and that I want a new goalkeeper, and you completely misunderstood my post, basing all your post as if I had said that I still want Dida as our keeper...unbelievble.

No, in the end of the championship, Dida howler and Pirlo mistake will cust us the same ONE point, and this is fact. We miss the real Pirlo(an the injured Kaká) all year, and itīs not coincidence that we are playing our best football when both are in form. But if we to need one point in the final of Serie A, Dida or Pirloīs mistake will be the same.

Regarding the bold part, nice try, but this is a gret example of fallacy()...great way to distort what I said.

One thing is San Siroīs crowd in the heat of the game booing Dida...this is football. You go to the stadium to see your team win, and if a player is failing badly several times, thereīs nothing more fair than do this. BTW, even the curva supporters, in Didaīs worst moments at Milan, in all the games he delivered, they cheer for him...this is class and be a real Milan fan(imo, if you give the permission).
But to come to a forum in the middle of the week(in a game thread thereīs nothing wrong with the frustration) when the guy even donīt play more, and shows this type of lack of respect and class with this former great keeper isnīt to be a real fan, I have the right to give my opinion, period.

Quote:
Ok, let's talk about performances of 2-3 years ago. We don't need points now. We don't need a keeper now. We can spend time enjoying videos of the 2003 CL or the 2004 Scudetto.
Another gret example of fallacy. Maybe is my english, but I wrote, and is there to anyone to see, that we need a new keeper. But this will never goes to make me to treat Dida as trash, like you.

Quote:
And saying Dida saved us in the last CL shows you don't understand anything about keepers. A keeper that make you get as many goals as he saves is dodgy. He's not reliable. He makes defence shaky.
I don't rate a keeper that makes a howler and two minutes later makes a miracle save. He's dodgy and unreliable. If you rate such keeper as world class it just shows you don't understand what a quality keeper is.
Dida isnīt our keeper anymore AND OUR DEFENCE IS STILL SHAKY...so, he wasnīt the only problem.

Sorry to discuss with a keeperīs eminence about goalkeepers. My bad...
Seriously, liking it our not, he was the keeper that didnīt fail in the decisive games of CL. He was the one to blame for didnīt concede a goal agaisnt Inter in the CL Derby. If you was there, as you always say here, you will remember this. I have this game in a DVD, and that goal from Sheva would have been nothing if it wasnīt for the Didaīs miracles. Even Inter fans that you praise the opinions so much had admitted this...and he as the man(not Buffon, the best of both) that gives us the title against Juve. And for me, even wanting badly a new keeper, Dida always will have my respect.



Quote:
Given the choice we had, i prefer a Kalac like keeper, who clearly has technical limits, but at least isn't as unpredictable as Dida.

So, we lost that match for that episode ? Or we lost that clash because we were utterly **** over two legs and we've been outplayed either home and away ? We've been shot against all 180 minutes. It had to happen.
And in that case, what about midfield coverage?
Itīs your opinion, fair enough...



Quote:
Ok, enjoy Dida's tribute videos of the 2003. I live in the present. I've cheered Dida in the past and i already thanked him many times in San Siro, with personal songs to him. But he's not a football keeper anymore.
One more time, forget your angry and read the first post. I also said that we need a new keeper and his era is over. But this will not transform me into the type of person that only support people in the prime. This is sad...
I want a new keeper "yersterday" like you, but this will not go to hinder me of always enjoy Didaīs tribute video...and not only from 2003, but also of 2004/05 and the other champions league.

Quote:
I'm sure that they aren't actually happy with Dida's situation in Milan, despite the formalistic statements. He has a big contract and for a keeper that stays on the bench it's too much.
Iīm also not happy with Didaīs situation, his era is over!!! But like our managment, and with the values that I learned, we donīt need to treat this guy like trash just because heīs past. I feel sorry that you think thus...
Thank god Berlusconi&co also donīt agree with you, and this is why our team is know around the world, (as they say in Spain) as a club Seņor. Because our managment is class act, support people in the good and bad times, and will give Dida a grateful farewell.

Last edited by Brasileiro; 30-04-2008 at 11:20.
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 30-04-2008, 11:28   #1955

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
If Zambrotta had cleared the ball instead of making a blind pass to no one, the goal would not have been scored. It's his fault plain and simple.

I would not go for Etoo, his touch was awful ... he seemed like a speedboat with no rudder. Also, i hope we won't be persuaded to go for Drogba either, he spends more time falling over these days than trying to score goals.

Our best bet is Adebayor or Amauri (whose recent comments have re-opened the opportunity to sign him).
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline  
Old 30-04-2008, 11:40   #1956

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
In the past many have complained about negativity on the forums, not an exclusively MM thing of course, and some have left and stopped posting completely because of it, that is some thing I don't agree with but obviously no one has a right to tell people how often they should post. I tried to encourage others to counter the negative with positive but that is also up to the individual poster.
Personally I always try to distinguish between threats, which are not acceptable and should not be, and posts like 'boo, he sucks, I hope he doesn't play for us again', whether its after one bad game or 10 bad games is irrelevant, its up to the person who reads it to judge the merits of the statement.

How does this relate to the Dida (and other player) situation?
Please do not let post(s) on a forum create animosity and accept that others can be frustrated, not always rightly but it happens. If he or she threatens a player he or she is undermining his/her self because true fans don't do that and besides they shouldn't be allowed to post on forums.
Reza is offline  
Old 30-04-2008, 11:50   #1957

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan
Yep Brasiliero...some of us r quite ungrateful with regard to Dida, and his contribution over the years...no doubt about it...but that is human nature.

Indeed, if u read my post on the matter, u will note where I gave him credit for a UCL title...

But us fans are a fickle bunch...I for one have 2 $heva shirts, which I hardly wear now, because I am still hurt over his departure....so I know from first hand experience the thinness of the line between love and hate.

I have vacilitated between both...defending Dida in arguments when he was making amazing save after save....as well as cursing him for those many blunders....and yes, as you admitted, he now needs to be replaced, and how happy am I? Estatic!!!

Look at how many people on this board want:
a) Berlu to step down (and sell the club)
b) Galliani to retire
c) Carlo to be sacked

Yet these men are responsible for the majority of the silverware the club has won, especially in the UCL.

Let's not get it twisted, the fact that fans curse a player, in my (new and improved) opinion, doesn't make them less or more of a fan, but maybe just human...
Iīm not always right, Warro(although I think so ),but itīs my opinion. The real fan canīt treat a player like Dida as trash. His time is over as a Milan keeper, period. But he will always have my respect.

Look, for SANT we canīt never boo a player, and IMO heīs right. We have to boo the other team, no matter what...and this is the great example I see in the argentines supporters. I saw Boca Juniors being trashed by a brazilian team 6 or 7 years ago in La Bombonera, and they cheers for their players for 90 minutes, even playing rubbish, with incredible mistakes, they support them till the end...amazing!
We(brazilians) have so much to learn with the argies when it comes to be a real fans, no doubt...But they also need to learn to play and win

Iīm not saint, and in the stadium I cursed players of my team, but to boo consistent and make jokes of a guy that is in our history is at least unfair, sorry.

And since I started the off topic discussion, I will be officialy back to the topic and out of this "being a REAL fan or not/Dida" endless saga...

Here in Brazil they still talking about Hernanes and Alex Silva rumours...I realy hope only the Hernanes rumours is true. I realy donīt want Alex silva in our team...

Last edited by ACMILAN1983; 30-04-2008 at 12:12. Reason: swearing
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 30-04-2008, 12:04   #1958

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK
If Zambrotta had cleared the ball instead of making a blind pass to no one, the goal would not have been scored. It's his fault plain and simple.

I would not go for Etoo, his touch was awful ... he seemed like a speedboat with no rudder. Also, i hope we won't be persuaded to go for Drogba either, he spends more time falling over these days than trying to score goals.

Our best bet is Adebayor or Amauri (whose recent comments have re-opened the opportunity to sign him).
Wow, Jim...I agree with you until Adebayor
Zambrota rowler decided the game. Etoo I donīt like cuz imo he loses to many chances to doa a goal...his ratio is horrible. Besides, he is a bomba-relógio waiting to blow in the locker room.
I like Drogba a lot, but the guy isnīt the same after the injure...and at his age, isnīt worth the amount of money.
I realy hope we get Luca Toni...
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 30-04-2008, 12:08   #1959

t.gianni

Registered User
 
t.gianni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
t.gianni is on a distinguished road
Is there any news about Boruc or Gomez?

If we can't get hold of Frey we should sign one of these guys.

Boruc is a true warrior. He has the guts to piss off the Irish, by doing the cross sign. His goalkeeping for Poland in WC 06 was amazing. I don't know why we aren't looking for someone like him.

Edit: He loves the Pope too!!!!
t.gianni is offline  
Old 30-04-2008, 12:16   #1960

hishamilan

Registered User
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: cairo,egypt
Fave Players: maldini pirlo
hishamilan is on a distinguished road
i don't know guys ... i am seriously worried after the zambro form last night ... he played an excellent one-on-one match with ronaldo but this is one of oddo's best characteristics (no comparisons here) ... zammbrotta is still good ... very intellegent ... but to pass a ball like that would not be pleasant especially if "dreamy" seedorf was in the recieving end ... i think it's time to put alterntives ... as for the dida dillema ... dida is not our goalie now so it's pointeless to talk about him ... i am afraid it's a bit depressing the goalkeeping situation in the meracato and i think it will give us hard time and so we must stop being linked with bolatelli and adebayor and i would rather see our names related to lloris ustari pele frey amelia ...........
hishamilan is offline  
Old 30-04-2008, 12:18   #1961

Mr. Anonymous

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Mr. Anonymous is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK
If Zambrotta had cleared the ball instead of making a blind pass to no one, the goal would not have been scored. It's his fault plain and simple.

I would not go for Etoo, his touch was awful ... he seemed like a speedboat with no rudder. Also, i hope we won't be persuaded to go for Drogba either, he spends more time falling over these days than trying to score goals.

Our best bet is Adebayor or Amauri (whose recent comments have re-opened the opportunity to sign him).

I agree with your point bout Zambrotta. I'll even take that a step further and ask...
For how many years could Zambrotta realistically continue to play at a World Class level?
And don't compare him to Maldini cause he is on a level by himself.

We complain about not getting younger and then management want to pick up a 31 year old defender who can play for maybe another 2 years, instead of a 24 year old defender who could play for another 6 or 8.

In 2 years we're gonna have to buy a younger defender at double the price that we could probably buy him for now, because we're going to take Zambrotta.

I've watched plenty of Barca games and Zambrotta is not the player that we remembered watching in Juve or in the 06 WC.

Not saying Zambrotta is BAD...but we can use the money to get a better younger option now instead of having to buy the same player for double the price in two years.
Mr. Anonymous is offline  
Old 30-04-2008, 12:27   #1962

Stitch

Registered User
 
Stitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Sarajevo
Fave Players: San Paolo, MVB, Safet Susic, The Divine Ponytail
Stitch is an unknown quantity at this point
corriere links us with adebayor (25.000.000 €), and according to tuttosport, we are looking at Canini from Cagliari.
__________________
YES DZEKO !!!!!!!

www.fksinfo.com
Stitch is offline  
Old 30-04-2008, 12:49   #1963

Brasileiro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 09 2003
Location: Salvador-Brasil
Fave Players: Ricardinho,Serginho, Kaká,Alex,Pirlo,Paolo,Baresi,
Brasileiro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anonymous
I agree with your point bout Zambrotta. I'll even take that a step further and ask...
For how many years could Zambrotta realistically continue to play at a World Class level?
And don't compare him to Maldini cause he is on a level by himself.

We complain about not getting younger and then management want to pick up a 31 year old defender who can play for maybe another 2 years, instead of a 24 year old defender who could play for another 6 or 8.

In 2 years we're gonna have to buy a younger defender at double the price that we could probably buy him for now, because we're going to take Zambrotta.

I've watched plenty of Barca games and Zambrotta is not the player that we remembered watching in Juve or in the 06 WC.

Not saying Zambrotta is BAD...but we can use the money to get a better younger option now instead of having to buy the same player for double the price in two years.
Agree 100%, but I still wants Zambrota for the left-back. Heīs playing bad since goes to Barįa, itīs not only this game, but I canīt see a better(and realistc) option for the LB now...

Using Brazil as a example, in the near past we produced bunches of left-backs, but today we are in serious trouble. We only have Marcelo(still youg), Maxwell and Adriano(not good as the others). The teams that have very good LB will not sell them cuz this is a position with very few peaces in the world.

IMO, Zambrota and Alves would be amazing...

BTW, we canīt only buy young players. We need some 28/30 players in the squad. Our problem is that the 30īs are the majority of our squad...but we need experience.
Brasileiro is offline  
Old 30-04-2008, 13:01   #1964

ZvonimirBoban

Registered User
 
ZvonimirBoban's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
Location: IN-DO-NE-SIA...
Fave Players: my username, Baresi, Kaka, GATTUSO, Maldini, Pippo
ZvonimirBoban is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch
corriere links us with adebayor (25.000.000 €), and according to tuttosport, we are looking at Canini from Cagliari.
Adebayor???

Don't believe he's the right type for us now. He couldn't fit in with our current tactics.
ZvonimirBoban is offline  
Old 30-04-2008, 13:10   #1965

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Let me be clear on this though...while I it may be obvious that Zambrotta made a mistake...the mistake in and of itself didnt cause them to lose the match.

Its slightly unreasonable to expect a side, especially a Spanish one, with suspect defense, to go to Old Trafford and not concede at least one goal, but Rijkaard is tactically inept, and couldnt reconstruct a system to ensure that they did the only thing they had to do to win the game, which was to score a goal.

Messi, as good as he is, cant do it by himself, even if he nearly did on a couple of occassions.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.