AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-05-2008, 20:28   #2476

catennacio

Registered User
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: Los Angeles
catennacio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav
I have to tell you something: since I have seen Buffon (the first time was ... umh in 1999 or 2000 I think), I never was impressed anymore by any other goalkeeper.

It's why I say that, I don't know, I don't feel any current young goalkeeper will be the next big thing, the next Buffon or even better (who knows), but I will perhaps be surprise someday, I hope with Lloris ...

Arildonardo, actually, Lloris was in Milan 2 days ago I think, in Milanello and had a meeting with Braida ... all French websites were sending him to Lyon (grrrr Lyon Lyon Lyon, always Lyon in France lol) or Arsenal, and it's weird, since 1-2 days, French websites (the ones which reported our interest for Lloris some months ago, around December) say we found an agreement with Nice and the player ... so ... I'm confident !!
Obviously Buffon is currently the best GK in the world now and there's no doubt about it. I'm not comparing Buffon to any other GKs simply because they won't match. What I'm saying is Lloris is a perfect move for our team now, in terms of potential, and finance. IF he can move to Milan this summer I consider it a wise move after Flamini, much better than Drogba (if happens), or Amauori (if happens), and plus, he's fairly affordable now. Buffon can only last for another 3-4 years at high form, but Lloris can last for 13-14 years. Let's face reality, we can't buy Buffon now. Even if we can, I still prefer Lloris because in the next 3-4 years we won't have to worry about the GK position, not until papa Berlus die, which is 13-14 years later. That's called future investment

Edit: I'm quite confident about my sense. About 10 years ago, I saw Buffon played and I thought he would be the top GK in the world (although he didn't reach his current ability now at that time). A few years later, I saw Frey played and again I thought he would be one of the best GK in the world and now he has proven it. Looks like we should buy Parma's youth GK dept.

Last edited by catennacio; 15-05-2008 at 20:33.
catennacio is offline  
Old 15-05-2008, 21:21   #2477

Giovanni

Registered User
 
Giovanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: Torino, Italia
Fave Players: Gli Immortali/ Gli Invincibili/ I Meravigliosi
Giovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura aboutGiovanni has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by catennacio
Buffon can only last for another 3-4 years at high form
Dino Zoff won the 1982 WC at the age of 40. Buffon is 30.
__________________
MILAN: IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
Giovanni is offline  
Old 15-05-2008, 21:53   #2478

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
The way Buffon plays, I really doubt age is a factor. Buffon has great reflexes and reactions, but it is his positioning and smart that sets him apart from other goalies.

If you watch Buffon plays, he is rarely out of position and he does not allow huge rebounds.

GK like Dida for example relies heavily on reflexes and thats why once he gets older, they will decline.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 16-05-2008, 00:32   #2479

Lebanese

Registered User
 
Lebanese's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Fave Players: Rossonero
Lebanese is on a distinguished road
dino never had serious injuries or back troubles, gigi will play for 4 more years at most
__________________
Quote:
" ...I'm sure this will be my last stop, there is nothing more than Milan, Milan is the best for me. Above Milan there is only the sky." Antonio Cassano
Lebanese is offline  
Old 16-05-2008, 04:15   #2480

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
I haven't really commented much in this thread for the past few days. Mostly there's not been a lot of news, another reason is I've had other things (Napoli match, upcoming Udinese match) on my mind.

Anyway, seems both French press and Italian press (Controcampo) think Lloris is almost a Milan player for Ł4m (7m euros I think). An interesting move by Milan for sure, as Lloris has a lot of potential from what I've seen. I don't think he's the next Buffon or anything from what I've seen, but certainly has the potential to be a world class keeper. A few things I've noticed about him. Firstly, the negative, he does seem a little Dida-esque, mostly with his shot stopping. Like Dida on more than one occasion I've seen him save a shot only for the ball to fall in front to another opponent (can't say if he does it as regularly as Dida). Good points include his quick reflexes, his commitment (he always seems fully committed when he goes for the ball), his calmness with the ball at his feet and his speed off the line. The last especially impressed me, as I don't think I've ever seen a keeper so quick off his line. If he does join, I think there are a few areas he'll have to develop, but he's an interesting talent.

Amauri's made his usual u-turn comments. This time he says he'll love to play with Kaka and thinks they'd be super together. He also thinks the Brazilian contingency at Milan is a big bonus for him to settle in. Quite honestly his indecisive comments and flirtations with both Juve and Milan are getting tiring (and clearly Juve fans are fed up with him). Personally, I don't think he's worth the effort right now. That's partly because I'd much rather we get Gomez.

I think Galliani's comments yesterday of Kaka playing as supporting forward, which were later backed up by Kaka himself gave a pretty clear indication that we're still in for Dinho. I don't think either the management or Carlo will rely on Seedorf as a regular starter now (it'd be insanity). There's also talk of a new 25m euro bid being made (someone listed the sources earlier), which is the kind of price I was expecting in the first place. I would still like Dinho in Milan, but I hope the drama ends very soon, as I simply don't think we can afford to waste too much time trying to get him (he's not a necessity, he's a bonus). We already have Pato and Kaka who score goals regularly and with Dinho, who is another with an excellent goals to game ratio on par with a solid forward in his Barca history, we will have a dangerous forward line.

However, I think these transfers need to be concluded quickly (and a reason why we're conducting talks well before the market officially opens), because we still have necessities to buy. For example, we'll need at least one new forward (possibly two). This would leave us with Pato, Inzaghi, Palo, new forward.

It looks as though we're looking to loan out Gourcuff, so there's a strong possibility we'll have to replace him with a squad player. Then of course the defence needs the most work. Lloris would be the start, and Zambrotta is expected, but if Bonera plays as RB (which I hope), we'll need two CB's (maybe 1 if Maldini stays), with hopefully one being Zapata.

At the very least, we're still looking at 3 more signings on top of Dinho, Lloris and Flamini should we get them. We must get a new forward, a new fullback and a new CB, these are bare essentials that we cannot do without and the CB and fullback positions are probable starters that we must find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
Great to know that Gourcuff has been loaned. Any idea whether it's to a french club or an Italian club? I hope they actually MONITOR him while he's on loan and not just leave him to rot. I agree 100% with this move...the guy was playing really well when he just came yet hasn't improved in two whole years. In fact he got worse! What's that about!? Nice management

I'll definitely try to watch all his matches next year and see how he progesses. Now we need TWO creative midfielders...let's hope the management realize that and don't plan on making Seedorf start next year.
Gourcuff has apparently said the Milan have agreed that a loan might be good for him (i think it's after his dad spoke to the club), but it's too early to say where yet. I think it's good though, he really needs to play more (he's not really figured at all this season).

We could need two creative midfielders. One I think will be Dinho, dropping Seedorf to the bench and the other I think will either be someone like Di Gennaro recalled or someone like Brocchi used as a backup (more likely).
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 16-05-2008, 04:49   #2481

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
wHAT YOU HAVE SAID NOWIT THE EXACT THING mILAN NEEDS TO DO:

1. Buy new and promising/young enough goalkeeper - Lloris is a good choice and for a keeper he is very young, his time is still to come.
2. Buy one world class fullback - Zambrotta
3. Flamini - very good central/defensive midfielder, done.
4. New creative midfielder - Ronaldinho. Personally,Im keeping my fingers crossed becouse this player is not a normal and excellent player, he is a true phenomenon. And with just a LITTLE BIT of training ( and players tend to react positive to new surroundings, specially to Milanello ) Ronaldinho would be a FANTASTIC player again. without a doubt, in my eyes, the worlds most talented player at the moment. the most TALENTED ( so we dont start the debate who is the best - Ricky of course )
5. Forward - Didier
6. central defender - Zapata
------------------------------------

If this was about to happen then it would be a real mercato with real players brought in. unlike past 3 years. I still claim Carlo cannot lead Milan properly, but the new players are some kind of a start at least
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 16-05-2008, 05:15   #2482

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
What about Sammarco for our midfield ?
There were rumours we would get him back to home lol ...

For Bonera, he has been called in the 29 players list for Italy ?

I think we'll have some official signings after the next Tuesday (let the championships ending lol) ...
GeoTav is offline  
Old 16-05-2008, 05:37   #2483

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav
What about Sammarco for our midfield ?
There were rumours we would get him back to home lol ...

For Bonera, he has been called in the 29 players list for Italy ?

I think we'll have some official signings after the next Tuesday (let the championships ending lol) ...
Ah yes, I mentioned Di Gennaro in my post, but I'd rather we let him develop elsewhere for a year (as he's barely played this season). Sammarco is definitely another midfielder we could bring back and one I forgot, he's a good utility man who's more DM than AM, but can contribute well going forward.

Bonera is looking a strong candidate to take Oddo's spot in the final Euro 2008 squad. He's in the provisional squad yes.

I noticed I said 7m euros for Lloris in my last post, should be 5m euros.
ACMILAN1983 is offline  
Old 16-05-2008, 06:24   #2484

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
So if Brocchi leaves, we could get him back ...

Pirlo-Ambro-Gattuso-Flamini-Sammarco + Emerson
better than
Pirlo-Ambro-Gattuso-Brocchi-Emerson + Gourcuff
GeoTav is offline  
Old 16-05-2008, 06:40   #2485

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Giovanni...(Or anyone else here) .do u kno anything about some new scandal brewing with Materazzi and some other Inter player being caught in discussions with some criminal via cellphone?

Wrong forum, wrong thread I know, but sometimes my bb doesn't interface well with the site
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 16-05-2008, 07:14   #2486

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Spanish paper "spoet" says Barcelona has accepted 25 mln for Ronaldinho by Milan and next week the negotiations will be closed... I hope so.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 16-05-2008, 07:22   #2487

Kaka1899

Registered User
 
Kaka1899's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2005
Location: La terra della bella gente
Fave Players: Kakŕ, Andrea Pirlo and Paolo Maldini
Kaka1899 is on a distinguished road
Milan in advanced talks with Lloris

With Nelson Dida to be released on a free transfer, and doubts still lingering over the quality of Zeljko Kalac, the Rossoneri have identified the capture of a new number one as their primary transfer target this summer.

A host of goalkeepers have been linked with a move to San Siro, including the likes of Sebastien Frey, Artur Boruc, and Heurelho Gomes and Alexander Doni. Controcampo says that Milan are in advanced negotiations with Nice for their young goalkeeper Hugo Lloris.

The Diavoli have been following the 21-year-old for the last couple of seasons, and are now close to agreeing a transfer fee of just over €5m.

Lloris, who has won three caps for the French Under-21s, and two for Les Bleus B team, will become the Rossoner’s first choice between the sticks, ahead of Kalac.

The youngster came up through the Nice youth academy and made his debut for his hometown club back in 2005 whilst still a teenager.

Roberto Rossi Goal.com
__________________
ALWAYS ROSSO
ALWAYS NERO
ALWAYS A ROSSONERO



San Paolo 600 Serie A Appearances Living Legend Grazie Paolo!

Heroes Are Remembered
Legends Live Forever
San Paolo
Kaka1899 is offline  
Old 16-05-2008, 08:26   #2488

Dr Milano

Registered User
 
Dr Milano's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Zlatan, Pato, Silva, Nesta & Robinho
Dr Milano is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka1899
Milan in advanced talks with Lloris

With Nelson Dida to be released on a free transfer, and doubts still lingering over the quality of Zeljko Kalac, the Rossoneri have identified the capture of a new number one as their primary transfer target this summer.

A host of goalkeepers have been linked with a move to San Siro, including the likes of Sebastien Frey, Artur Boruc, and Heurelho Gomes and Alexander Doni. Controcampo says that Milan are in advanced negotiations with Nice for their young goalkeeper Hugo Lloris.

The Diavoli have been following the 21-year-old for the last couple of seasons, and are now close to agreeing a transfer fee of just over €5m.

Lloris, who has won three caps for the French Under-21s, and two for Les Bleus B team, will become the Rossoner’s first choice between the sticks, ahead of Kalac.

The youngster came up through the Nice youth academy and made his debut for his hometown club back in 2005 whilst still a teenager.

Roberto Rossi Goal.com

Perfect Price , Age on his side and looks promising !!
__________________
Abbiati
Sokratis Thiago Nesta Antonini
Flamini Pirlo Boateng
Pato Ibrahimovic Ronaldinho

Dr Milano is offline  
Old 16-05-2008, 09:27   #2489

Bosniaco

Registered User
 
Bosniaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: USA
Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
Bosniaco is on a distinguished road
SO looks like Milan is also interested in Etoo,m 20 million offer was made according to mediaset.
__________________
A.C. MILAN and F.K.ŽELJEZNICAR<
Bosniaco is offline  
Old 16-05-2008, 09:37   #2490

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
So Drogba, Amauri, Ronaldinho, Etoo with Pato and Gomez as youngsters look promising to me.
Siregar is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.