![]() |
|
|
#91 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2005
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Fave Players: Ronaldo, Seedorf, Messi, Kaka, Gourcuff, Pato
![]() |
Quote:
![]()
__________________
7 UCL titles - Coincidence ? I think not... |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#92 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2005
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Fave Players: Ronaldo, Seedorf, Messi, Kaka, Gourcuff, Pato
![]() |
P.S. Mauro Silva retired at the age of 37, not 40... He retired in 2005
__________________
7 UCL titles - Coincidence ? I think not... |
|
|
|
|
|
#93 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2007
Location: PA
Fave Players: Ibra, figo, julio cesar.
![]() |
This would be a huge loss, maldini is like motivation to play harder.
__________________
Forza Inter!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#94 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
![]() |
Whats the problem if he plays 1 more season and wins the Scudetto or CL?
He can still man mark Ronaldinho, Henry, Messi, C.Ronaldo etc and take them out of the game, no questions about that Let him stay so we could see him for one more year, plus Maldini + Nesta defending is the best scene in the modern football
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll "WHY so serious?....." ![]() ![]() Let's put a SMILE on that face! " ![]() ![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
#95 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Skive
Fave Players: Kaka, Massaro, Ancelotti, Gullit, Sheva, Albertini
![]() |
Quote:
I gotta say thought to you that I said that to remind you that maybe Maldini will get injury free for a while, maybe at the end of the season. Could be that he doesn't retire. ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#96 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2006
Location: Amsterdam
Fave Players: Pirlo
![]() |
Guys, does anybody know if Maldini will quit? A few months ago he said he was in doubt, but I never heard him speak about it again.
__________________
Rossonero per sempre
|
|
|
|
|
|
#97 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: USA
Fave Players: ZAMBROTTA
![]() |
the last i heard he had said he would be back for another year
let's hope so *fingers crossed* ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#98 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 01 2002
Location: Sweden
Fave Players: AC MILAN
![]() |
About Paolo! Translation, anyone?
Milan: Maldini `Sono orientato a continuare`
(Paolo Maldini) (AGM-DS) - 12/05/2008 23.31.07 - (AGM-DS) - Milano, 12 maggio - Paolo Maldini ha deciso cosa fare nella prossima stagione. E di mezzo non c’e` l’eventuale qualificazione ai preliminari di Champions: ‘Non c`e` niente di ufficiale, perche` non ho un contratto, ma non ci sara` neanche la necessita` dato che con Galliani siamo d`accordo. Diciamo che sono orientato verso la decisione di continuare e in settimana andro` in sede a discuterne cosi` finira` questo tormentone`. Proprio a riguardo della Champions, Maldini e` onesto: ‘Non raggiungere la Champions sarebbe una grande delusione ma la questione non e` ancora chiusa perche` abbiamo visto quanto sia bello il campionato di quest`anno. Anche le squadre che avevano meno stimoli di altre hanno reso viva e interessante la stagione fino alla fine. Speriamo che anche il Torino faccia lo stesso. Certo, ora il futuro non e` piu` nelle nostre mani’. (R. Datasport, DTS) Also: http://www.sportnews.it/articoli/200...s__1784003.php
__________________
EQUALITY NOW!!
Last edited by Helena; 12-05-2008 at 22:40. |
|
|
|
|
|
#99 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
![]() |
I will bother to make it a literal translation but he says there's nothing official because he doesn't have a new contract yet, but he doesn't need that since it's already agreed with Galliani. He's still leaning towards remaining an active player and this week he will go to the office and end all the rumours once and for all.
Regarding the UCL, he says not qualifying would be a dissappointment but nothing is finished yet, even the teams with less to fight for have kept things alive to the very end, so he hopes Torino can do the same (playing against Fiorentina this weekend), but the future is not in Milan's hands.
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!! |
|
|
|
|
|
#100 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2007
Fave Players: Maldini, Kaka, Gilardino, Buffon, Nesta...
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#101 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: virginia,usa
Fave Players: baggio,maldini,costacurta,ambrosini,pirlo
![]() |
you made me cry with that article, it reminded me also of another great azzurri hero that left the game without winning, roberto baggio. i think that maldini and baggio were the best italy produced in many year. Maldini is pure class,respected by all,even rival fans.il capitano will forever be in our hearts.at least we lucky milanista get to see him in the red and black shirt for another year.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#102 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2006
Location: Madak Lasht, PK
Fave Players: DM10 PM3 AN13 JZ4 GB9 FL8 PN11 WS10 DV7 JDT & KJH
![]() |
If Paolo had retired this season
, then he would have looked back to his unbelievable career and said"Well dude I won every thing with Milan............. .............wait a minute, wher is UEFA Cup?????...................Dammm........., I missed it "But it will not be the case. He will end up with the UEFA Cup medal as well to complete his pertect set of trophies with AC Milan
__________________
On 3-7-2010 I thought I would quit watching football, but lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll "WHY so serious?....." ![]() ![]() Let's put a SMILE on that face! " ![]() ![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
#103 |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
![]() |
zeekay, for the first time ever... ever... I think you posted something worth reading... good for you...
![]()
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!! |
|
|
|
|
|
#104 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Cairo,Egypt
Fave Players: san Paolo, Nesta, Pirlo and Ronaldinho
![]() |
Does Paolo really has the ability to play another season? Honestly , I don't think so, Paolo has to be honest with him self he can't play at the top level any more, don't get me wrong Paolo is my favourite and will always be and that's why I want him retire, I just can't watch players like Ibra, Trez, vucinic, Del Piaro, C. Ronaldo and such own him, its toooooooooo crawel to me, I can hardly remember Maldini's mistakes in the last 20 years Maldini, while I can remeber loads of mistakes in the last 2 seasons only, in the past words like Milan conceded a goal after a fateal mistake by Paolo were just impossible while inthe last 2 season they become reality, this is tooo bad.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#105 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
![]() |
Hany I totally disagree with you. In the matches Paolo has played these last two seasons he's been one of our best defenders (second only to Nesta). He's made a few mistakes granted, but nothing that suggests he can't play another season. His problem is with injuries now.
Also, I'd like you to list the number of vital goals Milan have let in due to Paolo's mistakes in these past two seasons. The only one I can think of where he's at fault is the Cambiasso goal this season (which most will agree was even moreso Dida's fault). |
|
|
|