AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-05-2008, 20:03   #106

t.gianni

Registered User
 
t.gianni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
t.gianni is on a distinguished road
I think we can manage with Kalac and Abiatti for the coming year. There are other positions which we need to fill.
t.gianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 20:33   #107

Bosniaco

Registered User
 
Bosniaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: USA
Fave Players: Weah,Barbarez, Maldini, in future Pato and Dzeko
Bosniaco is on a distinguished road
Gianni why not allow someone who is younger to step in. Amelia is good his price is 4 mil.
__________________
A.C. MILAN and F.K.ŽELJEZNICAR<
Bosniaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 20:50   #108

t.gianni

Registered User
 
t.gianni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
t.gianni is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosniaco
Gianni why not allow someone who is younger to step in. Amelia is good his price is 4 mil.
From the looks of it, we hardly have any money. We sold Gila, Oliviera and Grimi and have raised 25-30 million euros. Along with that our budget for this year would be another 20-25 million euros. Yet we are still finding it hard to sign players players in the position we need -- WB and ST.

Next year, we will be playing in Uefa Cup so I don't think its reasonable to splash money on a GK for a year, especially since we have Kalac and Abbiati, who are pretty good. If we are successful next year we will be able to sign a new GK. Also, I am very confident that next year another GK like Lloris, Gomez, Boruc and Amelia will be available in the market.

You tell me, would you like to have a established big name striker (which I am sure we will get this year) or a new player like Lloris?
t.gianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 22:19   #109

Nordahl

Registered User
 
Nordahl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2007
Location: Brazil - RJ - Rio de Janeiro
Fave Players: Van Basten, Savicevic, Baresi, Zico, Platini
Nordahl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.gianni

You tell me, would you like to have a established big name striker (which I am sure we will get this year) or a new player like Lloris?
I'm certain that we can have BOTH, 'cause Milan needs to fight for the Serie A title.
__________________
FORZA MILAN!

Nordahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 23:34   #110

Mr. Anonymous

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Mr. Anonymous is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav
hwmook, you love "impressive" GK, so take Gomes, if you watch his clips, you'll see how good he is ... but they don't show any mistakes he does. If you try to look for mistakes from Lloris, you won't find any (or maybe one, I don't know, I didn't watch ALL Lloris matches, it's Ligue 1 ...). Anyway, we won't have Lloris, so I don't know why I'm still speaking about him lol !! I stop there ... I'll try lol.

Mr. Anonymous, I don't understand what means "you're nearer to the pulse" but it's not the most important part of your message lol ...
To tell me "they won Ligue 1 so they did good" is not a very good argument, Celtic and Rangers win each year their league, is this Scottish league a good championship ??
Lyon is really alone in this championship, I mean, they have a CL level, I can't deny that (not a CL winner level, just a current CL level, a team able to pass the first round each year), but all other teams in France don't have at least an UEFA Cup level, they have good cycles in the year sometimes (Bordeaux and Marseille impressed at some moments, Lille too), but they're not able to play as good all year-long.

When there will be a real fight for French championship, I'll give credit to Lyon, not before ... so maybe next year, because I think this championship is going to improve for 2008-2009.

Oh and with Aulas you can't know, if Chelsea comes with a 80M € bid for Benzema, this guy won't be a Lyon player anymore in the ten seconds following the offer ...
You're in France...nearer to the pulse of what's going on with French Football so you're probably in a better position to comment than myself, and you're points are well stated taken.
Mr. Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 00:59   #111

Ree_zq

Registered User
 
Ree_zq's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2008
Location: Penghujung Sumatra
Fave Players: Maldini
Ree_zq is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.gianni
I think we can manage with Kalac and Abiatti for the coming year. There are other positions which we need to fill.
I don't think so. Let's see Kalac performance last season. All of his match came with x-1 (2-1,3-1,4-1 ......) NO CLEANSHEET!!!!!

Well, we can buy some defenders to make our defense stronger. But, If the goalie is not good, no matter how good our defenders are, another clubs will concede us so many goals...
__________________
MG
Ree_zq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 03:39   #112

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
I don't know why people don't like Abbiati, he always did well when he had his chance and he made a good year when we loaned him in Juventus ... each club where he was loaned wanted to keep him (at least, there was rumours).

Anyway, if the Cech rumour is true (I don't think, probably just a rumour to allow Cech to negociate a better contract, as well as Evra in MU), I would be happy to welcome him !! lol

Thanks Mr. Anonymous, so you taught me a new expression to use lol ...
GeoTav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 03:48   #113

MLM

Registered User
 
MLM's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2007
Location: J-Town
Fave Players: Grande Capitano
MLM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ree_zq
I don't think so. Let's see Kalac performance last season. All of his match came with x-1 (2-1,3-1,4-1 ......) NO CLEANSHEET!!!!!

Well, we can buy some defenders to make our defense stronger. But, If the goalie is not good, no matter how good our defenders are, another clubs will concede us so many goals...
yes.. but you have to remember he made many important saves who made us still be able to competed with Viola to get the 4th spot. but anyway i agree with you. Kalac was amazing but somehow i need to be more comfort with someone who really CLASS (Kalac in my opinion still havent reach that level yet, need to prove more). someone like Cech
MLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 03:51   #114

hwmook

Registered User
 
hwmook's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2003
Location: singapore
Fave Players: maldini/gattuso/shev
hwmook
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav
I don't know why people don't like Abbiati, he always did well when he had his chance and he made a good year when we loaned him in Juventus ... each club where he was loaned wanted to keep him (at least, there was rumours).
Because he did badly when called upon for some games before he was loaned out to juve?

That's the only games i can recalled him not playing well in.

Abbiati was one of my favourite player before our coach decided to place the faith in Dida instead of him and since then he has never been as great as he was. Man, do i remember his saves. He is simply the man to beat when in a 1 to 1 situation, still remember his save against martins in the 2002/03 UCL semi against inter. That is the Abbiati i know in the past.
hwmook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 03:55   #115

rinogattuso

Registered User
 
rinogattuso's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Location: BiH
Fave Players: Rino,Ricky,Sandro & Pirlo
rinogattuso is an unknown quantity at this point
Abbiati has some magnificent defends,he was superb in Juventus..In madrird also had some good games.Its impossible to said he is not good for Milan,we habe solid GK but one otre two years and we must find replacment for them!!
rinogattuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 04:23   #116

Koeke

Registered User
 
Koeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2000
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Maldini Rino Nesta Kaka
Koeke
Abbitati is good, but we messed him up. we didn't sell him instead we loaned him out year after year to any club that wanted him, I think that's pretty annoying for a player so I don't know wether he would want to stay with us. I mean when we were preforming great results we didn't want him with us. We clearly chose for Dida and we did preform well in the past now when we face a difficult season we want to use him...
Milan showed a great lack of respect towards the person and goalie Abbiati.
If he really dedicates him for the milan cause I believe he could be our no1 keeper but it's also a possibilty he'dd prefered to be loaned out again or to be sold.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Koeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 19:33   #117

Mr. Anonymous

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Mr. Anonymous is on a distinguished road
I don't mind Abbiati. But I'd prefer someone world class. Or an up and coming keeper with the potential to become world class. Abbiati doesn't fit that description in my book.

I'd even prefer Ochoa from America. Young and has world class potential although I don't think he had the the best year of years.
Mr. Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 19:50   #118

SANT

Moderator
 
SANT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2005
Location: California, USA
Fave Players: Capitan Maldini, Kaka', Nesta & Gli Invecibili
SANT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anonymous
I don't mind Abbiati. But I'd prefer someone world class. Or an up and coming keeper with the potential to become world class. Abbiati doesn't fit that description in my book.

I'd even prefer Ochoa from America. Young and has world class potential although I don't think he had the the best year of years.
His team didn't have a great season, but he saved them from many goals, and has helped them (pretty much carried them) to the semifinals of Copa Libertadores... he'd be great, the only problem is that he doesn't have a EU passport... but then again, with Serginho and Cafu' leaving, he could be acquired... just won't happen this year, we have more keepers than we can remember.
__________________
Borriello: Forget Belen, forget your internal ghosts... go back to scoring!!!
SANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 20:27   #119

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
I dont want Abbiati either, he would be a step backwards. I think his time at Milan is over and we should sell him definitively. What about Amelia? His team is relegated and he could come cheap. Why no talk about getting him?
rt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 13:15   #120

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwmook
Abbiati was one of my favourite player before our coach decided to place the faith in Dida instead of him and since then he has never been as great as he was.
Had Abbiati not gotten hurt in the '02 CL qualifier against Slovan Liberec, it might've changed the course of history. But after Dida replaced him, he was soon en fuego and therefore it was near impossible for Abbiati to reclaim his spot.

No way in hell should he return now, though. Let him go back to Juve.
Blacktop is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:47.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.