AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 10:02   #3616

hany.Egypt

Registered User
 
hany.Egypt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Cairo,Egypt
Fave Players: san Paolo, Nesta, Pirlo and Ronaldinho
hany.Egypt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Zlatan Ibrahimovic signed a new contract with Inter. Be prepared.........

He'll be earning 12 mil. euro per year. That's only for him, without tax. With taxes it's over 20 mil. per year.
This is a new world record, by the way.

Is Moratti crazy ?
Tony, I said this a month ago that Inter and Ibra will sign a new contract giving him around 11m€/year net and that Kaka earns 9 m € net as well so its obviouse that Moraatti is not the only crazy person in Italy.
Source: Alessandro Altobili and Cesar Maldini on Aljazeerasport
hany.Egypt is offline  
Old 01-06-2008, 10:07   #3617

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
He is an interesting mix Jeff....strong hold up "drogba" type, but with good touch, and able to get involved in the build up play like $heva.

As I said, he did miss an open goal, but I think he is good enuf to play for us, and make a real big impact.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 01-06-2008, 10:17   #3618

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Jesus...you udge him by ONE game you guys saw for Germany?? I sw gomes 15 times this season and he is NOt as good as Drogba, toni, Adebayor, Eto'0, and especially not as promising and good as Benzema is.

His statistics are excellent this season, but statistics in football mean nothing. Its not NBA or NFL. He is good, but not good enough for Milan. We need player like Benzema, fit Ronaldinho or Drgba.

Not even this Eto'o idea is ok becouse that is stewp away from the plan Carlo was always talking about - having a powerfull CF like Toni. Noe Galliani says Carlo wants Eto'o...wht? People in the club need to get into harmony with who they want.,

My fiorst pick is Drogba, considering the fact that Benzema will never arrive in Milan and future's best forward will play for Real or Barca or Chelski most likely. Have you seen France game? Geo Tav did im sure...
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 01-06-2008, 10:18   #3619

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
MIssing an open goal is not a problem; Sheva did too and so do Pato (numerous times if I may add). So do Kaka.

And Adebayor lol.

And Borriello...

Thanks for the info. How realistically you think Milan can sign him? (Warro I'm asking you because you won't give me a FM type of answer ;D).
Jeff is offline  
Old 01-06-2008, 10:21   #3620

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki
Jesus...you udge him by ONE game you guys saw for Germany?? I sw gomes 15 times this season and he is NOt as good as Drogba, toni, Adebayor, Eto'0, and especially not as promising and good as Benzema is.

His statistics are excellent this season, but statistics in football mean nothing. Its not NBA or NFL. He is good, but not good enough for Milan. We need player like Benzema, fit Ronaldinho or Drgba.

My fiorst pick is Drogba, considering the fact that Benzema will never arrive in Milan and future's best forward will play for Real or Barca or Chelski most likely. Have you seen France game? Geo Tav did im sure...
Wow, we see some oppositions here again .

Mrki: what's the basis for Gomez 'not good enough for Milan"? That comes back o Dru's point about Milan's quality.

And is stats excellent last season too? I didn't check...if someone can quote his performance a few years back, that will be great.

"Statistics in football means nothing" seems to be a very very challenging statement that I, unfortunately, completely disagree with. I wonder what's your basis for claiming that?

I mean, if stats means nothing to football, why does it mean something to NFL / NBA? (or does it just mean something to the AMericans )

Cheers - J
Jeff is offline  
Old 01-06-2008, 10:53   #3621

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Mrki....I have been watching him play for Stuttgart on GOL TV all season, and I watched him play in the international (for the first time...to see how he would perform at that level, and I was impressed with what I saw).

The possibilities of him coming to Milan? Well Jeff, I think Galliani mentioned him for the first time this week....so there is a possibility...we have had "relative" success with a German in the attack before with Bierhoff...so I wouldn't rule it out.

What increases the odds of his arrival, IMO is his price-tag, which will b below Drogba et al...unless of course he has a blinder of a Euro, and gets the golden boot or something

The other side of the coin is that he isn't a "big name" so his purchase would need to cooincide with an R10 or something to keep the fans happy...."Win-win" situation it sounds like to me though!

Odds: 5:1 he joins Milan
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 01-06-2008, 11:09   #3622

hwmook

Registered User
 
hwmook's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2003
Location: singapore
Fave Players: maldini/gattuso/shev
hwmook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan
Mrki....I have been watching him play for Stuttgart on GOL TV all season, and I watched him play in the international (for the first time...to see how he would perform at that level, and I was impressed with what I saw).

The possibilities of him coming to Milan? Well Jeff, I think Galliani mentioned him for the first time this week....so there is a possibility...we have had "relative" success with a German in the attack before with Bierhoff...so I wouldn't rule it out.

What increases the odds of his arrival, IMO is his price-tag, which will b below Drogba et al...unless of course he has a blinder of a Euro, and gets the golden boot or something

The other side of the coin is that he isn't a "big name" so his purchase would need to cooincide with an R10 or something to keep the fans happy...."Win-win" situation it sounds like to me though!

Odds: 5:1 he joins Milan
I will be more happy with a Benzema/Gomez than a Drogba/Eto'o. You can label me as crazy but i am sure these 2 will be the next best things compared to drogba who i don't rate that highly and only 1 good season in EPL to date and Eto'o who miss much more than he scores even though he is pacey.
hwmook is offline  
Old 01-06-2008, 11:13   #3623

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
I think fans will be happy once the management make sensible purchase. Big name, to me, is just a smokescreen .
Jeff is offline  
Old 01-06-2008, 11:46   #3624

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
Went on a trip for the weekend and Zambro is Red and Black, awesome stuff.
What amaze me is that people still say age matters in football, I mean, can u find anyone that is better than Zambro?? Pls don't say Vargas or D. Alves as I think both of them are not as good as Zambro.

Why is everything putting down Borriello? I really don't get it, I mean, if he has a good Euro, would you guys till think he is over-rated? I really don't think it is easy to score 19 goals in Series A. Yes, he played at Genoa but wouldn't it makes the other team more easier to defend, since all they need to do is stay close to Borriello as there is no others that can score!!!!

As for Gomez, can u consider him a BIG NAME? He is talented from the games I seen him play but he is far from a BIG NAME player when u compare him to R10, C7, Kaka, Drogba, Eto, Toni.... My point is that most if not all of you want Milan to sign big name but at the same time, you also want the BIG NAME striker to be GOMEZ instead of Drogba or Eto.

Anyhow, anyone can provide more details info on SAMMARCO and MAGGIO, thanks!!!!
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 01-06-2008, 11:49   #3625

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Gomez is definitely big name, but Kaka wasn't too when he came. Pato was, but it's more like hyped one rather than really already making an established reputation in the field.

The best players seem to come not from what everyone has spotted but what everyone has missed...
Jeff is offline  
Old 01-06-2008, 12:02   #3626

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
I cannot agree with your last sentence Jeff.

As for Gomez, I guess it really depends on the definition of Big Name, as to me Big Name means even people who does not follow football know his name.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 01-06-2008, 12:02   #3627

rosoneri_11

Registered User
 
rosoneri_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2006
Location: I'm behind you!
Fave Players: P.Maldini,Gattuso,Van Basten
rosoneri_11 is on a distinguished road
Well if we want great and proven strikers we should buy 2 of these: Eto,Villa or Benzema. The first 2 are proven and world class strikers.The third is the best young striker of the world and the first scorer of France ligue.And the most important no one is close or over 30!
rosoneri_11 is offline  
Old 01-06-2008, 12:24   #3628

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
of course; let's say big names aer those we have already heard of pretty often, or have already featured often in Champion league... the definition is vague but it has always been...
Jeff is offline  
Old 01-06-2008, 12:27   #3629

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
Wow, we see some oppositions here again .

Mrki: what's the basis for Gomez 'not good enough for Milan"? That comes back o Dru's point about Milan's quality.

And is stats excellent last season too? I didn't check...if someone can quote his performance a few years back, that will be great.

"Statistics in football means nothing" seems to be a very very challenging statement that I, unfortunately, completely disagree with. I wonder what's your basis for claiming that?

I mean, if stats means nothing to football, why does it mean something to NFL / NBA? (or does it just mean something to the AMericans )

Cheers - J
In sports like NBA, NFL and so on people are obsessed about statistics. Rebounds, shots, tackles and I dont know what else. Once, just once, I saw a game of American national SOCCER league, to see Beckham play for his new club. And there was statistic of the number of every players "turnovers"??!! When I saw that there are turnovers in soccer I decided to switch the channel...

Seriousely, the number of passes, the possesion of the ball, miles you ran, its all interesting to see but its not THE thing. The thing is to see the wayplayer influences the game and palyers around him, to FEEL it, not to measure it anyhow in any way! To have sance of a talent, smart movement, usefull running and passing and so on... Croatian striker Olić runs more than any striker in europe but he is too dumb for real football and is a useless player in big matches, aldough he ahs good statistivcs for HSV. Knowing about some players value is a matter of instinct, not maths.

Gomes: he is a very good player, but he is not a player Milan needs. Milan needs a player that can play 1 on 2, like Sheva did, like Pato will be able to do, like KAka' can. Like Drogba, Torres, Toni can... Gomnes is a player that could possible score a lot of goals eventually,with a good team around him ( do not forget that Bundesliga is 3 times worse then serie a ). But Gomes is not a player that will raise a level of Milan's attack once he staps in and that can take the pressure on his shoulders and win big games momentally by his own brilliant moves. And that is the player we need. Maybe Gomes will someday become that kind of a player and then we should buy him, but now Milan needs INSTAND powerfull striker that can win games by himself.

People in here said Torres is not good enough...Galliani decided that Toni aasnt good enough and now people want Gomes? No, Milan needs a better player.

And Tony29 reminded me of something interesting. Galliani today said that Mialn was close to sign Zambrotta in 1998 but we were also in contact with Serginho and decided to go for him and we let Juve buy Zambrotta.

At that time Zambrotta played as a right winger for Bari and Moggi payed 16mln for a young player which Milan didnt feel like paying. Samt thing happened with Del Piero going to Juve - wrong judgement by Galliani.

Serginho was a left winger and Galliani is simply lying once again, he should just shut up and not make a fool out of himself yet again. Moggi saw it better and did better. 16 mln were payed off for Juve.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 01-06-2008, 12:52   #3630

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Yes, it's really strange. Serginho was a left back, fullback who played on the left side only.
Zambrotta was a right midfielder who wasn't part of the back 4 (the defense) but played as a midfielder, only on the right side. The first time Zambrotta played as a right back was in 2002 when Juve bought Camoranesi and Lippi tried to find space for both of them, and the very first time Zambrotta played as a left back was in 2005 when Capello was trying to find space for both Zambrotta and Zebina.

Really strange thing to say by Galliani. I really don't know why would the transfer of Serginho exclude the transfer of Zambrotta.
It's probably an excuse. Juve did overpay for Zambrotta back then and Milan didn't want to pay that money (even though it turned out that it was a nice piece of business by Moggi) so now Galliani is trying to find an excuse why didn't Milan buy Zambrotta in 1998.
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have

Last edited by Tony29.; 01-06-2008 at 12:55.
Tony29. is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:56.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.