AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2008, 15:16   #4276

Jim_UK

Registered User
 
Jim_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
Jim_UK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
You are being sophistic and making me tipe for nothing just to explain WORDS to you!

I said that the player that we are talking about has LESS quality then ALves, LESS, not that he is a player of LOW quality. I think the difference is clear and that my sentences were clear as well.

Yes, Dario Srna is a player with FAR less quality then D. Alves, far. So is Oddo, Bonera, Jankulovski, Grygera, Maxvell and so on... Only palyers up to him are MAicon and fresh Zambrotta, but at this moment you need to realist what Brasiliero said - Alves is a playmaker at the RB stop, man that can create the game. And no ther fullback can do that. He can influence the game like young Cafu could.

Read what I wrote please carefully so you dont missunderstand some parts or words, thanx.
If you're sentences were clear i wouldn't have made points about them.

Plus you still haven't explained why you think i'm frustrated. You wrote it, so you must have had a reason to say it and i want to know what that reason is.

You should also take some of your own advice about reading posts carefully so as not to missunderstand them.
__________________
... Is watching you ...
Jim_UK is offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 15:18   #4277

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Giancarlo had some really good points, but I have to say that Milan needs a new GK after all.

Boruc is the only onrmal option and I think he can play for Milan with sucess, and that he is better player then Abbiatti as well. Abbiatti will be a risk again, and firm defence needs firm GK who has confidence, Boruc is the man for us right now. We should invest in him. There is no point of having Dida in our squad anymore paying him 4 mln per season.

But, realistic question - How good Maggio really is? He had a good season, but how Good is he? I know you will understan the question Giancarlo.
I agree with you on that... but Abbiati is a good goalkeeper... not a risk. However, I think Huerelho Gomes, Juan Pablo Carrizo, Oscar Ustari are all better bets than Boruc.

Dida must be released because we could definitely use the salary we pay him elsewhere.

Christian Maggio had a good season, and he is experienced too. He's 26 years old. It's not like we're dealing with a younger player here... he played in Fiorentina and Sampdoria extensively. But... there is a problem... Fiorentina might not be willing to give him up.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 15:19   #4278

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Boruc made a great save agains Germany before conceding an inevitable second goal.
Jeff is offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 15:21   #4279

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Boruc made a great save agains Germany before conceding an inevitable second goal.
True. Maybe I'll concede that Boruc might be a good acquirement...

One tihng I can't believe is that Germany are still playing Lehmann... I guess he plays better for the national team. On the club... oh boy... he's as bad as Dida. I think he was the same keeper that played for Milan but was actually substituted midway through a game... that bad. He only played like half dozen or so games with Milan before being sold.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 15:28   #4280

catennacio

Registered User
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: Los Angeles
catennacio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
AND excuse me for wanting more ITALIANS on our team.
that's why the EPL dominated CL this year.
catennacio is offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 15:30   #4281

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by catennacio View Post
that's why the EPL dominated CL this year.
Really? Are you doubting the talents of Italians? Yes, that's why England didn't qualify for the Euro 2008. If we go with entirely foreign signings like England, our national team could suffer.

No that's not the reason why the EPL dominated the CL this year. The reason they did is was because Milan had a bit of an injury crisis.

And let me remind you, I highly doubt that the CL Will be dominated by the EPL again like it was... anytime soon. It will be a priority to get back to the Champions League for Milan. And we will win more of them than any EPL team. Hands down.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 15:35   #4282

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
The thing is: We don't want a good keeper.

We want a world-class one.

And honestly, I haven't seen any GK that is as good as the current gang of world-class GK.
Jeff is offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 15:36   #4283

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
The thing is: We don't want a good keeper.

We want a world-class one.

And honestly, I haven't seen any GK that is as good as the current gang of world-class GK.
Well world class as in? I'm sure we would agree and disagree on who is world class and who isn't.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 15:38   #4284

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
I think EPL is there to stay, simply because some how they do better in general in CL for the past few years. Very difficult to discount the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea until at least the quarter final.

The key is: will teams from other countries buck up?
Jeff is offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 15:39   #4285

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Well world class as in? I'm sure we would agree and disagree on who is world class and who isn't.

Buffon, Csec, the RM GK( I forgot how to spell it), and used-to-be Dida.

Rest have potential but these are the world-class in my opinion.

And we are not going to get any of them.

Thus, I would rather prefer someone who is less well-known but have the material to be world-class. That to be is a long-term solution to Mian's current GK situation. WE can get Abbiati or Boruc but are they long-term solution?
Jeff is offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 15:41   #4286

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Buffon, Csec, the RM GK( I forgot how to spell it), and used-to-be Dida.

Rest have potential but these are the world-class in my opinion.

And we are not going to get any of them.

Thus, I would rather prefer someone who is less well-known but have the material to be world-class. That to be is a long-term solution to Mian's current GK situation. WE can get Abbiati or Boruc but are they long-term solution?
Buffon... well... yes I'd like to see him play for Milan.. Real Madrid goalkeeper Casillas? I can't stand him honestly lol.

I named some young keepers because they do have potential. Huerelho Gomes would probably be our best bet as to getting a world class keeper... he plays for PSV. Gomes is like 26-27... probably last a few years longer than Abbiati.

I'd much rather prefer some younger keepers... too bad about Lloris.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 15:45   #4287

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Yah.... whatever. If that person decides not to come, then that's too bad. Rumor is that offers have been given to him, but he decided not to come. That's his choice and I think we all respect that decision.
Then ofcourse, you have people here bashing he management for not paying enough for him.
Jeff is offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 15:47   #4288

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
You know, players take on different route; players have different goals, different dreams. Players have different needs (money as well as the joy of playing football), and different skills.

Some succeed early, some late.
Some unlucky, some not.

But no matter what it is, the key question is: has the players tried hard enough?

And quite simply, and I'm sure you are with me, that our players this year have not given their best this year, especially after the club world club championship.
Jeff is offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 15:48   #4289

Koeke

Registered User
 
Koeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2000
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Maldini Rino Nesta Kaka
Koeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Dida must be released because we could definitely use the salary we pay him elsewhere.
I think most of us agree but that's easier said than done, he has a contract with us, a legal mutual agreement that only can be torn up if both parties agree.

a) We could try to find a club for him he wants to join. In theory the most easiest solution.

b) We could pay him the full amount of his contract but then we might aswell keep him. Pretty dumb thing to do

c) We could pay him a fee to become a free agent, not the entire sum but if he plays elsewhere he could earn some more there. We tried this but Dida rejected, what is his full right do to.
__________________
Forza Milan!

Last edited by Koeke; 08-06-2008 at 16:05.
Koeke is offline  
Old 08-06-2008, 15:49   #4290

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Yah.... whatever. If that person decides not to come, then that's too bad. Rumor is that offers have been given to him, but he decided not to come. That's his choice and I think we all respect that decision.
Then ofcourse, you have people here bashing he management for not paying enough for him.
no, Giovanni was here and said Galliani had a contract with Buffon and Silvio needed to pay 40mln to Juve, but he "trusted" Dida... that is why peoiple were mad.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:40.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.