AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2008, 01:35   #4336

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately for us we need 5 more players at least, and I doubt the transfer king will so that. A decent keeper, Dida, Abbiati, & Kalac are the 3 worst keepers at any big clubs. Boruc, Frey, anyone's better than DAK.

Zambro & Antonini are good options to keep Favalli off team, hopefully getting Oddo & Janku to step up their games.
Zapata imo should be bought period. We can't afford to loose someone with so many great years ahead.

Flamini is a good signing, but we really need a box to box player. Afellay or Mounthino would be great, as they can sub Kaka too. But if not then we do need a Kaka sub, maybe someone in late 20's or early 30's who will accept sub role. Also to bring back Abate.

Drogba, Gomez, & Eto'o. Adebayor isn't worth imo 37 mill. somebody's having a laugh. For all round I think Gomez has the game. He done nice interchanges in midfield, and battled well. Drogba is pure power, and would be great against some teams, but Borreillo should fill that gap, and Eto'o is all pace, and IMO Pato will be an Eto'o player with more skills though. Hopefully Paloschi will mature during season away, and we can add him to Borreillo, Pato, Gomez for the following season to replace super pippo, who can still be relied upon for a good few games next season.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 01:37   #4337

Blacktop

Registered User
 
Blacktop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2006
Location: In your sock drawer
Fave Players: Abbiati
Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koeke View Post
... he has a contract with us, a legal mutual agreement that only can be torn up if both parties agree...We could pay him a fee to become a free agent, not the entire sum but if he plays elsewhere he could earn some more there. We tried this but Dida rejected, what is his full right do to.
True. He makes a high amount of coin, yes, but at the same time I'm tired of him being looked at as some kind of Satanist simply because he chooses not to cancel his contract and move somewhere else. You're getting older and are nearing the twilight of your career, and you're offered one last big contract. Would you turn it down? I wouldn't either. I also wouldn't be high on leaving a familiar situation and having to adjust to a new team, then possibly uproot the family, pack up and move to a new city/country, and so on. Don't assume that he's remaining just for monetary reasons.

Last edited by Blacktop; 09-06-2008 at 01:41.
Blacktop is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 01:37   #4338

hwmook

Registered User
 
hwmook's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2003
Location: singapore
Fave Players: maldini/gattuso/shev
hwmook
Quote:
Originally Posted by payne View Post
oh i also liked the formation germany played, it would possibly suit us except i see either Flamini, Gattuso, or Ambrosini on the bench.

the line up is using our current squad.


---------------------GK-----------------------
Zambrotta-------Nesta------Kaladze-----Marek
----------------------------------------------
----------Flam/Gat/Am------Pirlo--------------
----------------------------------------------
--KAKA-----------------------------Seedorf---
----------------------------------------------
------------Boriello--------Pato---------------


i think it gives us better flexibility, for our subs, pirlo still able to be a deep lying playmaker, like how ballack was, seedorf problaby the weakest link as his speed isnt up to par, but pato can also play here. also pato could drop back in the AM line, go to the left and shift seedorf to the center, just for more diversity. However Boriello as head strkier, needs to change.

the formation may not suit kaka, but being a super star, im sure he can easily adjust.


This is easily one of the worst formation possible for our current squad, nuff said. I am just glad you ain't our coach.
hwmook is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 02:01   #4339

hwmook

Registered User
 
hwmook's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2003
Location: singapore
Fave Players: maldini/gattuso/shev
hwmook
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
Abbiatti wasn't good enough to be our #1 waaay back whenever...how come he is now
Rubbish, he was great enough to be our #1 9 years ago but i do have my doubts about him now.
hwmook is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 02:03   #4340

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post

You are only using your sense, nothig fact you gave.

The fact is Gila scored more goals than Boriello before both came to Milan. The fact is both players played for a small club and was central figure in forward before came to Milan.
And what are you doing? You just sit here stammering on your keyboard giving your opinions about players you haven't even seen. These players are capable. Gennaro Gattuso came from a very small club called Salernitana that now sits in the Serie C I believe.

Quote:



I agree with that, I never said he is an awful GK. He is only not a GK that should be Milan number 1.
Disagreed.

Quote:

Of course, Gattuso when came to Milan was NOT fantastic player. He was awful regarding football's skills! Luckily he HAD great spirit to run, run and run to catch the ball from the opponents. He couldn't even pass appropriately. I am talking about situation in a certain time.
Wow... you're deeply mistakened there. He was bought from the small club because of his tackling skills and great performance. He's never been an extremely talented player, but his defensive work is needed.

Quote:

I know what I am talking about. We are talking about a player that has not yet proved that he is fantastic player. What are your reasons that he is fantastic player?
I don't care frankly what you think about Antonini or any other player, that frankly has proven themselves after so many years.

Quote:

Did I bash him? I only said the fact that he IS not fantastic player. I only give the fact that he IS not fantastic player. Which sentence I used to bash him?
How the hell is that fact beyond your own opinion? That isn't fact. That's your opinion and no one elses.

Quote:

I only said in my last post that I still believe that Milan will buy either Ronaldinho or Drogba (or world class player like Eto'o).
Milan isn't buying Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho is going to Man City as far as I'm concerned. I forget his name... but that former Thai PM is gonna see to that.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 02:09   #4341

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwmook View Post


This is easily one of the worst formation possible for our current squad, nuff said. I am just glad you ain't our coach.
That formation you meant as being one of worse, was also the formation we used to beat juve 3-1 a few years ago.
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 02:12   #4342

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by catennacio View Post
ok, back to topic. first how many times i have to tell you that i don't want to prove and win anything here. we are discussing about the future based on the past so ppl have different opinions and use facts in the past to backup their options. it is transparent that we can't win or lose someone here because there is no judgment for our statements until the end of the next season. that's what i meant.
You're very much are. Yes this is personal because Milan is my blood. I did not choose to be a fan of Milan, I was born a fan of Milan. I can understand and accept fans who choose to be because they are inspired by Milan..

But this is a deeply personal argument. You're talking to someone where this game is more than just a game... it's a religion. I think I have enough conviction to know what is right for my team.

Quote:
you're right that i haven't seen milan players play in person, but just on tv. fine, that makes you have advantage on your arguments, but it doesn't mean you're right and ppl will have to listen to you. if you are a little more experienced with forum debates, you will realize that different ppl have different opinions and by joining an internet forum you already agreed to respect other's.
I've seen them play, I'm giving my opinion based on what I've seen. I'm not saying people should listen to me... well maybe they should just give a chance to hear me out and give chances to these lesser known players. Some of which can be the next superstars in the Azzurri. Abate, Giovinco, Bassi... these are players that played in the Toulon tournament as you might know... these are the future Azzurri superstars, or at least some of them are.

I'm fine with people having other opinions... but sometimes this strikes a personal chord when you blatantly go around calling a bunch of players crap, especially some world class ones.

Quote:
i find different ideas and opnions around the world about milan which i can never have if i just lock myself with my own thoughts, which is the main reason i wander here. when i said "they are crap" i meant to make fun of the management not being able to open their check book to sign better players. i didn't mean to say your opinions are wrong (i didn't know who you are either before i posted that), or the player's personality is crap, or their quality is crap, because when i say so i think, maybe they can play well with other small team, but not milan. milan needs world class players.
I'm fine with other opinions, but this is my team it's Milan. Milan can get world class players domestically. They don't need to spend tons and tons of money to get a dyslexic team of "superstars" like Barcelona. Should we just buy Henry because he is a "superstar"? Superstars don't always perform up to par... no!

We need a team that works together as a team. To sign better players? If you haven't seen any of these players play how do you know how good or bad they are? I've seen them and I can say for certainty that they are just as good as the "superstars" people keep talking about. Who is to say they can't play well with Milan?

Paolo Rossi was a player with a small time team and he became a legend in Italy. Bashing young talent from the smaller teams is condemning Italian football. Like it or not, all the players you see in Milan have had humble beginnings in small teams. You won't know unless you find them.

Heck, even the superstars you know had humble beginnings. You're thinking these superstars automatically start out with Manchester United, Chelsea and such... no wrong.

Did you know Liverpool wants to sign a defender from Udinese called Dossena? I bet you haven't heard of him... but he's a future Azzurri player for sure. I wish Milan would get him instead... but Zapata is fine for me.

Quote:


about antonini, i don't know him but i know that vargas is currently the best left back in serie a, but we don't sign the best one, just the "ok" want because we want cheap. and cheap has its quality. that says our team lacks of ambition because if you are ambitious, you will go for the best, and vargas is already proven.
What are you stammering on about? You just said you don't know Antonini yet you can say Vargas is better? No offense, but I think he's better than Vargas. But why oh why would you sign Vargas? He plays for a "small little team" you apparently have no respect for small teams. Vargas is far from the best. There are far better than him and Antonini has more experience than he does.

Do me a favor. Don't degrade players you have admitedly don't know anything about.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 02:15   #4343

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Milan isn't buying Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho is going to Man City as far as I'm concerned. I forget his name... but that former Thai PM is gonna see to that.
We dont know yet. We must wait till end of transfer market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
And what are you doing? You just sit here stammering on your keyboard giving your opinions about players you haven't even seen. These players are capable. Gennaro Gattuso came from a very small club called Salernitana that now sits in the Serie C I believe.
I dont give comment if I have never seen the player. I have watched him play.

Dont go far away from your statement 'fantastic'. You havent given any single reasonable reason to support your stament.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
How the hell is that fact beyond your own opinion? That isn't fact. That's your opinion and no one elses.
It's really funny. You still insist that Boriello, Abbiati and Antonini are FANTASTIC players without reasonable reasons.

It's useless discussion if there no focus on the matter being discussed. I won't continue this discussion as you always run away from your statement. Sorry.

Have a nice day.
Siregar is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 02:18   #4344

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
We dont know yet. We must wait till end of transfer market.
I personally don't want Milan to get him. He's washed up and goes partying a little bit too much (even I have limits).

Quote:

Dont go far away from your statement 'fantastic'. You havent given any single reasonable reason to support your stament.
Because they produce solid results? What reason do you want? You haven't ever supported anything besides type up a bunch of incoherent criticism that makes little sense. Trust me I have reason for what I say.

Quote:
It's really funny. You still insist that Boriello, Abbiati and Antonini are FANTASTIC players without reasonable reasons.
BECAUSE THEY PRODUCE RESULTS AND ARE CONSISTENT PLAYERS. That's why in my eyes they are fantastic. That's subjective opinion but that is what I think. Why the hell would you care anyways? You haven't bothered backing up a thing.

Quote:

It's useless discussion if there no focus on the matter being discussed. I won't continue this discussion as you always run away from your statement. Sorry.

Have a nice day.
Hypocrisy is ironic. And you display quite a bit of it. I'm not running away from my statement. You're so immature. Grow up and then talk to me when you want to act like a man.

You attack me, yet you can't provide any reasoning for anything you say.

I'm happy some of you aren't in charge of milan. We'd be in real trouble then with all these useless "superstars" and "big names"... winning NOTHING.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 03:25   #4345

jmacpherson

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2006
jmacpherson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony75 View Post
That formation you meant as being one of worse, was also the formation we used to beat juve 3-1 a few years ago.
Agreed. Imho the 4-2-2-2 is probably the best attacking formation out there, since you have 4 attackers instead of 2 or 3.

It also means the AMs need to defend more and your strikers need to have a high work rate ethic in defence etc.

Brazil use the formation and until recently R10 played in the LAM position and Kaka played in the RAM role. Since Dunga has taken over, Kaka has moved into the LAM role.

Don't see how he can't play in this formation. Due to the defensive workload perhaps he should rather play as a striker or support striker instead.
jmacpherson is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 03:52   #4346

dejan.s

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Skopje, Macedonia
dejan.s has disabled reputation
Drogba to AC Milan for 22.5mil euros (The Sun)
if it's true, welcome Mr. Drogba
dejan.s is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 03:59   #4347

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
How reliable is The Sun?
Siregar is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 04:24   #4348

dejan.s

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Skopje, Macedonia
dejan.s has disabled reputation
not as reliable as www.acmilan.com
dejan.s is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 04:25   #4349

Snapster

Registered User
 
Snapster's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2001
Location: UK, London
Fave Players: Van Basten, Baresi, Maldini, Kaką
Snapster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
How reliable is The Sun?
It's a pure tabloid so worse than goal.com and just as bad as the Spanish press.
__________________
Time to get back to where we belong, on top!
Snapster is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 04:27   #4350

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
The Sun is not reliable. Maybe better than tribalfootball but is still one of the worst sources.. afterall its English what do you expect

Goal.com has been very, very unreliable as of late and has just quoted Balotelli saying that he feels nothing for Inter (which they say was taken from Gazzetta apparently). Balotelli first says he wants a big contract or he's leavin, then when Mourinho came he said he wanted to make sure he plays alot or he leaves, and now he says he feels nothing for Inter.

PLEASE GALLIANI, PLEASE GET MARIO. Find a loophole in the contracts of those under-18 year olds, do something. Balotelli is a Milanista and is going to be one of the greatest Italian players of all time. Given that he is also black and adopted by a Sicilian family, I think the story of his career will live on for years and years after he retires.

A bit premature to think of what happens when he retires when he hasnt even begun his career yet I know but I'm just saying and hoping we could snatch him.



And about Mario Gomez - am I the only one who thought he did not have a good game?

Italy game in 10 hours. I can't wait. Adrenaline pumping like no tomorrow. God help us tomorrow when we start with Materazzi - Barzagli at the back....I wish that Donadoni makes a last minute surprise and plays with Chiellini-Panucci in the middle.

Last edited by hitmannq8; 09-06-2008 at 04:30.
hitmannq8 is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:58.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.