AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2008, 10:24   #4381

Koeke

Registered User
 
Koeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2000
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Maldini Rino Nesta Kaka
Koeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio-mania View Post
Amen to that.
this kid is way too cocky. apart from these statements, he also shows little respect to the elder opponents on the field.
he isn't milan material, at least character wise.... if he gets his head right he could be the next big star together with pato. pato on the other hand is quite humble - right mentality for being at milan. pato is also a year older ...
I think he is just 8 months older to be precise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulli View Post
Boruc
Zapata/Mexes
Ronaldinho
Drogba

I think milan need these players and i hope that we can get them until the end of sammer mercato

what do you think milan will get them???
honestly, I don't.
I would be nice though, very nice.
I think in the best case (for the players you mentioned)
Boruc
Zapata/Mexes
Ronaldhino/Drogba.
But I think will end up with Drogba/Ronaldhino.
and some free or old players like Ferrarri
__________________
Forza Milan!
Koeke is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 10:43   #4382

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
I agree jmac....I would opt for Gomez (who I thought played well) or the more improbable Adebayor..I agree with u that Drogba is too much the short term soloution..
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 10:55   #4383

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post


How about one? Just one SUPERSTAR like HE PROMISED I'd personally have no problem with our transfers as theya re quite good but don't promise us stars and bring in an old Zambrotta, and Borriello, Abbiati and Maggio and expect me to be eternally grateful

That's EXACTLY MY point.....the fact that he was NEVER our target tells alot about our ambition. If you want something....why not get or at least try to get the best....I'm pretty sure that if Alves earns a Cafu-like Stature galliani will come out later and say that we could've gotten him

Let's just change our minds about acquiring the two time WOPY and possibly the most talented ever and get MORE CM/CDM'S I mean we're really lacking those huh.....No disrespect to Moutinho but he's no R10...People can go on and on about his form etc....but as long as the guy's injury isn't serious he stands head and shoulders above anyone .....except the REAL Ronaldo of course
1) What's the cry for ONE big star for if you agree with what Warro just said? THat appears contradictory except pleasing the fans but doing (potentially) no good to the team (not referring to Alves, R9, or anyone)?

2) He never has been a target of us doesn't reveal our ambition. Otherwise we would not even the win the CL last year, right? That logic doesn't make any sense at all. It's not understable why you think Milan never considered and decided not to get Alves. Now that gets technical and tactical, and I won't argue with you on that. But saying that Milan has never set sight on him doesn't tell that Milan has no ambition.

IN fact, if MIlan were to have no ambition, they should not buy Pato, and probalby not Kaka five years ago who are not as proven as those proven at that time.

3) I think Oddo is worldclass and can be brilliant, but his physical fitness let him down hugely this year.

4) It becomes increasingly obvious that you want to see the team bring in YOUR star. That's ok, I"m not disagreeing with your choice; it's just that rambling about not buying YOUR stars every time is frustrating to see.

It's like me crying for MIlan to buy Eto'o or Drogba every time after Milan bought some bench players like Antonini and Borreillo and started crying out loud that Milan is not doing a good job as if the summer mercato is over and the sky is falling. That doesn't help; that doesn't make the conversation any more interesting, just frustrating to see.
Jeff is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 12:02   #4384

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
1) What's the cry for ONE big star for if you agree with what Warro just said? THat appears contradictory except pleasing the fans but doing (potentially) no good to the team (not referring to Alves, R9, or anyone)?
It's called 'honour'. Honour is one of the main reasons I support Milan.....we're an honourable bunch....and to consistently promise something and to not deliver is DISHONOURABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
2) He never has been a target of us doesn't reveal our ambition. Otherwise we would not even the win the CL last year, right? That logic doesn't make any sense at all. It's not understable why you think Milan never considered and decided not to get Alves. Now that gets technical and tactical, and I won't argue with you on that. But saying that Milan has never set sight on him doesn't tell that Milan has no ambition.
I stand by my statement. Excuse me Jeff but I have a nasty habit of living in 2008....maybe one day I'll wisen up like you and go back to living in athens 07. Until then Ancelotti has been clamouring for wide players and a strong forward that are VITAL components to our game.....we continue to ignore his request (Ribery) and as you acknowledge aren't even looking at similar types (Quaresma) how is it ambition if you demonstrate no desire to fix your faults but get intoxicated by your strengths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
IN fact, if MIlan were to have no ambition, they should not buy Pato, and probalby not Kaka five years ago who are not as proven as those proven at that time.
You have a great point there I won't deny it...but the fact of the matter is that they were BOTH cheaper alternatives that turned o ut to be equal or even better than what they were to replace Pato (Henry, Torres) Kaka (Ronaldinho). However If we went for the glory at the forst shot....i.e. gotten Torres and/ or Ronaldinho you can't fault me for thinking that our cabinet might have been even more impressive....keep in mind that both players needed/need approx. two seasons to become truly world class....which would completely discard the "immediate results needed" justification for buying older players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
3) I think Oddo is worldclass and can be brilliant, but his physical fitness let him down hugely this year.
I don't fault you for saying that....I BLAME WARRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
4) It becomes increasingly obvious that you want to see the team bring in YOUR star. That's ok, I"m not disagreeing with your choice; it's just that rambling about not buying YOUR stars every time is frustrating to see.

It's like me crying for MIlan to buy Eto'o or Drogba every time after Milan bought some bench players like Antonini and Borreillo and started crying out loud that Milan is not doing a good job as if the summer mercato is over and the sky is falling. That doesn't help; that doesn't make the conversation any more interesting, just frustrating to see.
No you have misjudged me. I just want to see the best or nearly the best play for us. CR7 is nearly impossible so I wanted Quaresma. Danni Alves was possible so I wanted him. My original choice for a new striker was Sergio Aguero....but Mario Gomez is cheaper and possibly more practical.............WHAT I DON'T want is some 2-bit player, past great or some one season wonder cluttering up the squad...then to add insult to injury...management hailing them as the next MAradonna, Pele Eusebio etc etc. This is dishonest and disrespectful
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 12:25   #4385

hishamilan

Registered User
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: cairo,egypt
Fave Players: maldini pirlo
hishamilan is on a distinguished road
i must stress on one point here .. will you be happy dru if our management gets boruc zapata cigarini/montolivo and drogba/gomez??? i hope so it costs 60 mils high wages and simic brocci and posibly abbiatti ..... this is aburden on a uefa cup team but its more than possible

Last edited by hishamilan; 09-06-2008 at 12:27.
hishamilan is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 12:32   #4386

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
To start from yesterday: I hope you all realised that I was right when I was saying that Gomes in not the class of Drogba, Adebaayor, Eto'o...he is just a very good player that scores in Bundesliga, not much more. Could be a good signing for Napoli for example. Not for Milan.

Giancarlo you are italian ( if Im right ? judging by name ) and you know Milan and serie a well, but, dont be offended, Maggio, Empoli LB ( I can never remember his name for some reason ! ), and Abbiatti are NOT FANTASTIC PLAYERS. They are good and experienced players that canhelp our squad in rotation - with necesarity of being surounded by great heart of the team as Pirlo, Rino, zmabrotta and so on...
Your opinion. Certainly not mine. I think that Antonini, Maggio, Bassi... these are all future Azzurri superstars. I think Adebayor is a terrible forward, so how could you quote him? He is so wasteful. He makes Gilardino look good. It's sad that you quote him.

Yes I am Italian, and I do think they are fantastic players that must come because we are lacking good substitutions. Our problem was once the game was coming to an end, our defense fell apart.

Quote:

those players are not expencive and can help us in a long and exausting season, and Galliani has that in mind. To have MAggio would be ok as this year we had palyers likeBrocchi and Emerson, Cafu - who are 200% useless. And Oddo who is 350% useless as well aldough he is not old. MAggio's advantage is that he can play well in midfield also. but to say he is a fantastic palyer is wrong.
Don't say Cafu was useless. That guy did a lot for our team. He played well until the very end. He was getting older, but was still in good physical condition even when he left. In fact Brazilian teams were looking to actually sign him because of his good condition. I do not believe Oddo is useless... I think he had a bad season because of his physical condition. While I think Emerson and Brocchi are no good, I think more solid players like Maggio and Antonini would help this team greatly.

We have different definitions of fantastic.

Quote:

Boruc - there are reports in Croatia that Simic will leave for Celtic, I hope we can include him in Boruc deal. We have made many mistakes in selling players without getting involved in some deals ( Stam -Ajax, Rui - Benfica, Abbiatti and so on - Atl. Madrid and Torres - HUGE mistake, Sheav - Chelsea ( Gallas ) ).
I don't want Boruc really... he's a bit overrated.

Quote:

to conclude your list, it could look like this, if youi ask me:

Boruc
Maggio
Empoli LB
Zapata
Zambrotta
Flamini
young midfielder
CF
Boriello
------------------------
that is not too much for Milan.
You're missing much of my list. While that is on my list... I'm not against signing another world class defender and one or maybe even two world class strikers. Mario Gomez and Eto'o/Drogba (I'd consider Drogba if he left his ego away from the pitch) are suggestions I have.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 12:37   #4387

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
Giancarlo, with all due respect, you seem to think that because a player is Italian...he somehow has the ability to become world class. Your baseless faith in Milan's signings, which experience has taught us that caution is needed is, to me. evidence of this.

I have NOTHING AGAINST MAGGIO, BORRIELLO and Zambrotta. I hate abbiatti because he is a traitor ....just like that merda shirt kissing queer ($hevchelski)
It sounds like me you do have something against these players. Zambrotta is world class whether you like to admit or not. If not, that's fine by me. Either way, the other players have very strong potential and can help Milan greatly by adding new legs to our team. We can't have a team consisting entirely of "big names". Just look at Barcelona. My baseless faith? OOOO... more insults. My faith isn't baseless. I look at results, and unlike some here I'm not dead set on signing up a washed up ronaldinho. I'm here to advocate smart signings, not stupid ones like when Barcelona signed Henry.

Quote:

But you have to understand that Milan should at least aspire to own THE BEST players in certain positions....even if we don't get them our interest should be there. Daniel Alves (last time to mention him since he is balugrana) IS THE BEST RB in the world when you consider the sum total of his abilities.....Milan being who we are should have at least expressed interest in him.....If we $plashed on him I wouldn't have minded the forward line we have now.....but we can't fill up our squad with too many "good" or "he-plays-well" players....
I could care less about Alves. There are far better right backs out there then him. You are again insulting my senses here. I'm not advocating filling up the team with average players, but ones that are world class. Some of you simply don't get it. Even the big superstars start in small teams... remember Gennaro Gattuso for example? He came from a team I bet none of you have even heard of...

Quote:


Today's game is more and more about pace and fitness and we have to adjust to suit. that's the reason Riquelme doesn't do as well in Europe. Even ONE player in our squad like Alves, Ribery, Quaresma, Eto'o etc could make a world of a difference to the team.
We need to focus on defense and tactics. Pace will do nothing if your forwards can't aim for sh*t. Though I must admit I like Quaresma and would not be against signing him.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 12:49   #4388

Stitch

Registered User
 
Stitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Sarajevo
Fave Players: San Paolo, MVB, Safet Susic, The Divine Ponytail
Stitch is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know if anyone posted this before. The source is...oh, well, an excuse for the source is tribalfootball

Chelsea settle on £18M fee with AC Milan for Drogba

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=97313
__________________
YES DZEKO !!!!!!!

www.fksinfo.com
Stitch is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 12:56   #4389

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Here is a list of source you can trust and not trust (see my signature ).

Dru: We'll leave this great debate to the rest of the summer. For now I am enjoying the fact that the cocky France coach got a slam in their face by drawiing Romania 0-0. (ALl credits to Romania).
__________________
What source you can trust:

Perfect: acmilan; MM

OK: Channel4; calciomercato; tg.com; La Gazzetta

Awful: Corriere; Tuttosport; tuttomercatoweb

Worst: tribalfootball; goal.com
Jeff is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 12:59   #4390

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Giancarlo, aguess our definition of "fantastic" players is different as you say. I also confirmed that MAggio, Antonini and Abiatti are good players, but to say they are fantastic sounds too good for me. Then Zambrotta, Pirlo and toni are extraterrestrials if those are fantastic.

NEver the less, Antonini, Maggio and Boriello could do good in rotation sitem, IF they are used properly.

I agree we need to invest smart, we'll see what we will do. If the next player is Drogba I would be thrilled.

And Adebayor is a bit wastefull but he is 23 or 24 years old and has a great pshisical presence and is definitly not a horrible player as you said.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 13:01   #4391

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
And France - Romania 0:0... Domenech is even worse coach then Carlo No Flamini, TREZEGUET, hoorible setup and so on...Sagna, where is he?
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 13:04   #4392

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Mrki, honestly, Carlo won twice the CL. Judging by pedigree, I think Carlo has a better recordthan Domenech.

And from a personality perspective, you know who I"ll choose .
Jeff is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 13:05   #4393

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
I don't know if anyone posted this before. The source is...oh, well, an excuse for the source is tribalfootball

Chelsea settle on £18M fee with AC Milan for Drogba

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=97313
OMG. You guys should read the amount of racist stuff people say on that website under the "comments" section. I've fought with people on this site because of their racism. It's quite horrible. And they hate italians too...
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 13:06   #4394

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Giancarlo, aguess our definition of "fantastic" players is different as you say. I also confirmed that MAggio, Antonini and Abiatti are good players, but to say they are fantastic sounds too good for me. Then Zambrotta, Pirlo and toni are extraterrestrials if those are fantastic.

NEver the less, Antonini, Maggio and Boriello could do good in rotation sitem, IF they are used properly.

I agree we need to invest smart, we'll see what we will do. If the next player is Drogba I would be thrilled.

And Adebayor is a bit wastefull but he is 23 or 24 years old and has a great pshisical presence and is definitly not a horrible player as you said.
People are telling me that we shouldn't sign players like Maggio and Antonini... and then they say we should sign Adebayor and Ronaldinho. We can't have Adebayor who misses absolute sitters. We can't have another Gilardino-type on our hands. We can't afford that.

I think we are investing well in this, and we need some good solid subs.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 13:18   #4395

Vulli

Reuters Milan Correspondent
 
Vulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Republic of Kosovo
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Vulli is on a distinguished road
Veloso: I dream Milan
Vulli is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.