AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2008, 16:22   #4411

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.gianni View Post
Sneijder to Milan chronicles have been going on for 2 years and I realize we did miss on a fantastic player. He could have been the perfect Seedorf substitute.
Grudgingly I'll agree with you. I have nothing against Holland players even after that. I appreciate Seedorf even if he did not play in that game... there are no hard feelings here. I think Sneijder would be great at Milan.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 16:28   #4412

hishamilan

Registered User
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: cairo,egypt
Fave Players: maldini pirlo
hishamilan is on a distinguished road
although i am depressed for this hude loss ...
1) i understand that italy will finally qualify(i hope)
2) pirlo was great over the midfield , clever passes , almost a goal
3) gattusso ran a lot and supported the attacks technically , almost 2 assists
4) zammrotta was very good in attack on both sides although his philosophical complex theories of clearing the ball must stop
5) ambro was bad indeed many misspases and too many fouls de rossi should have played!!!!
hishamilan is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 16:32   #4413

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
I've checked the international tournaments forum in MM, there is no a thread that discuss about the euro generally. there are spesific thread to discuss special topic like 'Euro 2008!! Whom Do You Support?', 'Italy at the European Championship 2008'. Maybe a new thread to discuss all games in Euro 2008 shoulde be opened.
Siregar is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 17:20   #4414

Koeke

Registered User
 
Koeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2000
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Maldini Rino Nesta Kaka
Koeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
I've checked the international tournaments forum in MM, there is no a thread that discuss about the euro generally. there are spesific thread to discuss special topic like 'Euro 2008!! Whom Do You Support?', 'Italy at the European Championship 2008'. Maybe a new thread to discuss all games in Euro 2008 shoulde be opened.
I've started a general thread to talk about the games, knock yourselfs out
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25621
Although I do think the thread about Italy can coexist since most of us are Azzurri fans. Let's hope that site stays active till the end
__________________
Forza Milan!

Last edited by Koeke; 09-06-2008 at 17:27.
Koeke is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 17:20   #4415

Maevious

Registered User
 
Maevious's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2001
Location: NYC
Fave Players: Giovanni & Marco Van Basten
Maevious is an unknown quantity at this point
Van de Vaart would be a great addition to our squad.
__________________
FORZA MILAN!
FORZA OLYMPIAKOS!
Maevious is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 17:39   #4416

Iggy

Registered User
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Norway
Fave Players: Marco Van Basten
Iggy is on a distinguished road
I've been wanting Grosso to Milan since World Cup '96

I still want Luca Toni. Maybe he wants to return to Italy, I don't think that ship has sailed...

I'm happy with Flamini and Zambrotta signings, these are two good players that will fit very well with our current system.
Iggy is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 17:44   #4417

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hishamilan View Post
although i am depressed for this hude loss ...
1) i understand that italy will finally qualify(i hope)
2) pirlo was great over the midfield , clever passes , almost a goal
3) gattusso ran a lot and supported the attacks technically , almost 2 assists
4) zammrotta was very good in attack on both sides although his philosophical complex theories of clearing the ball must stop
5) ambro was bad indeed many misspases and too many fouls de rossi should have played!!!!
We didn't watch the same match I think ... it was horrible to watch Pirlo, Gattuso and Ambrosini playing like they did !!

Pirlo missed everything except a free-kick and our two defensive midfielders defended so well that the final score is 0-3 ...

They played like they did almost 90% of this season with us !!
GeoTav is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 18:11   #4418

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
I disagree. I think our Milan trio actally did fine defensively. Pirlo did not miss everything; in fact he wasn't responsible for mos of the misses if I remembered correctly. Gattuso did well in the second, while Ambrosini just ran everywhere and kept defending.

It's the attack tha didn't go well today.
Jeff is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 18:15   #4419

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Dru: Cassava piece is a ghetto in Kgn...not a streetname for a weapon...so yet again, u got it wrong...but u r quite used to that I imagine.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 18:22   #4420

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I disagree. I think our Milan trio actally did fine defensively. Pirlo did not miss everything; in fact he wasn't responsible for mos of the misses if I remembered correctly. Gattuso did well in the second, while Ambrosini just ran everywhere and kept defending.

It's the attack tha didn't go well today.
I know I exagerate when I say he did miss everything, but he missed too much ... and Gattuso-Ambrosini didn't work that well today, even if it's also true that both attack and defense (more than attack, this defense worries me a lot) were poor, so they couldn't do more ...
GeoTav is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 18:25   #4421

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
What did he miss? He didn't miss many balls you know? and none of his misses is crucial. What are you talking about? If you are only talking about long-pass that misses that he is not the only one missing.
Jeff is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 18:37   #4422

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
What did he miss? He didn't miss many balls you know? and none of his misses is crucial. What are you talking about? If you are only talking about long-pass that misses that he is not the only one missing.
He wasn't the only one, of course, they all missed their passes (long or short anyway) ... but it's Pirlo !! I expect a lot from him, as an Italy fan, and also as a Milan fan. And the fact I am a Milan fan probably pushes me to expect even more from him when he plays for the Italian national team !!

I'm so happy when our guys shine with Italy ... but now, it's all up to them to shine by beating both Roumania and France !!
GeoTav is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 18:41   #4423

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I disagree. I think our Milan trio actally did fine defensively.
I disagree with this. I think Ambrosini and Gattuso were the ones most responsible for the bad display. All they had to do was to defend the midfield and allow Pirlo the freedom to create. They only had to defend and they didn't. We blame the centre backs but it was very difficult for Barzagli and Materazzi (who were awful nevertheless) to defend when guys like Van Bronchorst are cruising through the midfield as they please.
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 18:50   #4424

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29. View Post
I disagree with this. I think Ambrosini and Gattuso were the ones most responsible for the bad display. All they had to do was to defend the midfield and allow Pirlo the freedom to create. They only had to defend and they didn't. We blame the centre backs but it was very difficult for Barzagli and Materazzi (who were awful nevertheless) to defend when guys like Van Bronchorst are cruising through the midfield as they please.
Actually, only Buffon, almost Pirlo and Toni were in an average form, not a good form, not so bad, just average ... maybe Grosso (20 minutes)/Di Natale/Del Piero (10-15 minutes) too.
GeoTav is offline  
Old 09-06-2008, 18:52   #4425

t.gianni

Registered User
 
t.gianni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
t.gianni is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29. View Post
I disagree with this. I think Ambrosini and Gattuso were the ones most responsible for the bad display. All they had to do was to defend the midfield and allow Pirlo the freedom to create. They only had to defend and they didn't. We blame the centre backs but it was very difficult for Barzagli and Materazzi (who were awful nevertheless) to defend when guys like Van Bronchorst are cruising through the midfield as they please.
In a way they (Ambro and Rino) did play badly but there was no one upfront to hold on to the ball. Ambro and Rino were constantly battered by the dutch players. Di Natale and Camoranesi should have had come back to take the ball. You cannot just keep defending the whole game when the forwards are doing nothing. Today's defeat was more to do with the lack of creativity upfront.
t.gianni is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.