AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 17:22   #4561

Koeke

Registered User
 
Koeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2000
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Maldini Rino Nesta Kaka
Koeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
All very predictable in hindsight.

Has anyone (EVER) predicted Pippo be the hero for our CL success last season?

Have had Milan finished fourth last year a lot of us would already be praising Pippo Inzaghi for doing such a wonderful job toward the end of the campaign.

But now that Milan didn't make it, everyone is saying that he is old and fading. Same old story.
I don't understand what you guys keep saying or doesn't that imply on my post Jeff? In retrospect we had a very bad mercato last year true. But in the defence of our management I said that in the begining of the season we had a strong strikeforce on paper, yes there were some potential problems but the board gambled it would turn out just fine. So our lineup didn't need real new reinforcements at first sight. To be honest I would've made the same mistake, I really thought Ronaldo would really be helpfull. I wouldn't say that if I wanted to say told you so. I'm admitting that a mistake was been made that we could have foreseen that was worth risking, we gambled and lost.

I never intended to bash pipo at any point, I surely didn't to it direct did I?
But we shouldn't forget that he only got back on his feet at the end of the season (thank god he did). We couldn't rely on him for a big part of the season (same for pato, ronaldo) so imho he didn't had a good season coz we lacked options. I won't underestimate pipo, in fact in previous posts (not on this thread) I said on several occasions that we should be very gratefull to have him. For 2-3 seasons in a row he started as thrid, fourth choice and every year he ends the year being our undoubted first choice. But we can't rely on him for an entire season, as the last 4 seasons show that (I hope we could, but that would be another gamble). It's not his age nor his 'fading' ability it's that he tends to get seriously injured once a year. (But he came a very long way with his injuries, he got treated by Belgian dokter Martens and physio Maesschalk, pippo stayed with them in Antwerpen for several months and they said it's a miricale he got back on such a high level. They threated Pipo AND Maldini, I think 3 seasons ago, with a new method without it, both of them were history a long time ago according to them).
But I agree each time he get's injured he recovers and regains his full potential like a true feniks. So pippo will/has to stay but as some sort of supersub. To step in whenever we need him. I wouldn't mind him in our starting 11 but there is a good chance he will get injured again.
__________________
Forza Milan!
Koeke is offline  
Old 10-06-2008, 17:48   #4562

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
That post is not directed to any of your post, and I agree with your first paragraph wholeheartedly. I suspect that you have misinterpreted my post. Cheers - J
Jeff is offline  
Old 10-06-2008, 18:06   #4563

Koeke

Registered User
 
Koeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2000
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Maldini Rino Nesta Kaka
Koeke
my bad

Anyway that's my opinion about Inzaghi and last mercato and that's also my reason why I think we need and we will get another striker, that's isn't a real risk. allthough we should be aware every transfer is a risk (especially if we buy someone form Real Madrid, anybody knows a good player we directly bought from them? )
__________________
Forza Milan!
Koeke is offline  
Old 10-06-2008, 19:06   #4564

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Well we are buying, warro. It's quite obvious that this transfer season is quite different. I don't understand people on here frankly.

And Milano84, you are honestly telling me that Inzaghi is useless? He's been a sub many games, of those you didn't count. He's always useful and has great precision. I am counting on him, as are many other milan fans. I don't know where you get the idea no one is counting on him.

Indeed yes, I do think we need a new starter striker, but Pippo can always be a Schillaci type for Milan.. a sort of super sub.

I think I may be convinced by David Villa... I'm still reluctant about Spaniards coming to Milan to play... because of the history of them coming and not playing well... but I'm willing to push that reluctance aside.

Last edited by Giancarlo; 10-06-2008 at 19:09.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 10-06-2008, 19:15   #4565

Rojo y Negro

Registered User
 
Join Date: 12 2006
Rojo y Negro is on a distinguished road
Adebayor agrees terms with Milan
[Arsenal striker Emanuel Adebayor has agreed terms with Milan, according to Sky Sport Italia]

Milan have been after the player for a while and they were impressed when Adebayor played against them in the Champions League earlier this year.

The Rossoneri have been linked with the Gunner’s hit-man and it seems as if they are favourites to sign him even though Arsenal are playing hardball.

These reports surfaced last week, but were dismissed by both the player and Arsene Wenger, who had some harsh words for Milan. However, the Rossoneri have not backed down, at least if Sky Sport Italia are to be believed.

Adriano Galliani met with Adebayor’s agent Stephane Courbis on Tuesday night and it seems as if Milan have reached an agreement over the player’s personal terms as they try and tempt him to dance and jig all the way to San Siro.

Milan will now have to make a formal request to Arsenal to try and prize the hit-man away from the Emirates stadium and reports suggest Milan are willing to offer €30m.

Galliani already managed to take Mathieu Flamini from the Gunners and it is likely that he will do the same with Adebayor.

Adebayor recently revealed that Arsenal should increase wages and give players what they want.

However, the club’s reluctance to do this has seen a few players leave, Flamini and Alexander Hleb are such examples and Adebayor could follow suit.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Adebayor would be a top signing for Milan. I believe he would fit into the tall, powerful striker mould that our coach has been craving. At 23 years old, he has a long future ahead of him.

30 million euros have been mentioned. While I believe the prive might be slightly high, I honestly believe money of that proportition would be better spent on Adebayor then a 30 year old Drogba.

Adebayor still has room for much improvement while Drogba has already hit his straps.
Rojo y Negro is offline  
Old 10-06-2008, 19:19   #4566

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
No! *Puts head in Bag*

Not that guy! He's so wasteful in every sense...

Even David Villa is more proven than him. Villa at least scores in tough high tension tournaments...

And I'm not about to accept a guy who trash talks Milan...

Good god... if I was Galliani as some of you say, I'd dismiss these reports in a millisecond!
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 10-06-2008, 19:26   #4567

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
I wonder why we havent linked to Trez by media.
Siregar is offline  
Old 10-06-2008, 19:27   #4568

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Just look at Juve buys... Sissoko...
If Milan had Sissoko last season, instead of one of Gattuso/Ambrosini, i'm 100% sure they would have conceded at least 10 goals less and i'm just as sure that Pirlo would have been a different player with Momo covering for him and giving him all the freedom he needs (something Ambrosini and Gattuso weren't able to do this past season).
There is a good reason why Sissoko became Juve fans favorite after only 3 matches. The guy wins more balls than the other 10 players combined.

As for your posts about the transfers Milan made, i agree that Zambrotta and Flamini were good buys.
But you say Milan are doing great on the transfer market and the new team is good enough.
My question is : Good enough for what ?

If the goal is to make it to top 4 then i completely agree with you that the new Milan is good enough to do that. Milan have a better team than Fiorentina and Juve and they'll have an easier schedule.
But if the goal is to win lo scudetto, then i'm not so sure that Milan are good enough.
In last 2 seasons Milan finsihed behind Inter by +20 points.
Are Borriello, Zambrotta and Flamini enough to win the scudetto from Inter ?
And i'm talking about the new Inter, not Mancini's Inter.
Even if Milan buy Drogba or some other striker i still feel Milan lacks much more to win the scudetto.
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline  
Old 10-06-2008, 19:31   #4569

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Let's imagine that Adebayor comes to Milan ... unfortunately, that would make leaving Paloschi in loan.

But then, we would have Adebayor, Pato, Borriello and Inzaghi.
It's a very logical plan for our attack they seem to draw:
- Adebayor is technical (I saw someone saying the contrary on this forum, did he watch how he dribbes everyone in each match ?), he lacks some finishing skills but he could learn from Inzaghi ... anyway, he's the "big" (by size lol) striker we need.
- Pato is our young (soon) world-class striker who will probably play alongside Adebayor in Serie A games against bottom-table/mid-table teams ...
- Boriello can replace both as, I don't like him but I have to admit that, he showed some good finishing skills in Genoa, so the two others will be able to have some rest, especially Pato who isn't able yet to play 40 matchs a year I think.
- Inzaghi could be our super-joker playing in last 15 minutes of each match when it is difficult for us (when it's a draw, we lead by 1 goals or are leaded by 1 goal). He's a killer, no other word possible, when Inzaghi plays, you always think he will score, and he stresses the opponents with his continuous movements.

Some excitement for next season !!

This news allows me not to think about Italy and it's a good thing, especially after going out with my friends tonight ... they didn't stop to tell me "3-0" ...(one time is funny, it's the game, I would have done the same thing if France had lost against Roumania, 2 times, ok, 3 times, starting to be boring, all night long, it's ... umh ... no word coming to my mind).
GeoTav is offline  
Old 10-06-2008, 19:38   #4570

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
So far, our official singnings are:
- Zambrotta (will probably play on the right) and Antonini (will play as a sub of Jankulovski)
- Flamini (will fight with Gattuso or Ambrosini)
- Borriello (probably our 3rd striker, so probably our first sub as I think we will play more often with 2 strikers in front)

Sincerely, with Zambrotta and Antonini, I'm no more sure that we really need a world-class defenser this year ... we'll have Maldini for some matches (will probably be able to play at least 2-3 months on the season), but we forget our Bonera !! The one we all praised for his last performances ... with Zambrotta and Antonini coming, Bonera will probably be a sub for our centre backs.

So let's buy Zapata for example, but let's let him in his club for one season if we can't give him too much space ...

If Adebayor comes, or Benzema (depends on the rumours we want to believe lol), look at my previous post ...

So all we would still need would be someone to replace Seedorf in the starting 11, or a young and hungry player who would be a sub able to play at Seedorf or Kaka' place ...
GeoTav is offline  
Old 10-06-2008, 20:11   #4571

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
I don't think clubs are ever allowed to approach players without the team's permission? And I haven't heard Arsenal giving the permission?
Jeff is offline  
Old 10-06-2008, 20:14   #4572

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Can;tremember if anyone has mentioned MIlan didn't try hard enough to get Luca Toni?

Anyway:

“Last year there was great interest from Milan, however we sat down with Fiorentina’s owners and we decided to choose Bayern,” Toni told ‘CHI’ magazine...
Jeff is offline  
Old 10-06-2008, 20:19   #4573

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29. View Post
If Milan had Sissoko last season, instead of one of Gattuso/Ambrosini, i'm 100% sure they would have conceded at least 10 goals less and i'm just as sure that Pirlo would have been a different player with Momo covering for him and giving him all the freedom he needs (something Ambrosini and Gattuso weren't able to do this past season).
There is a good reason why Sissoko became Juve fans favorite after only 3 matches. The guy wins more balls than the other 10 players combined.

Giancarlo, I'm afraid I disagree with you again. Momo Sissoko has been absolutely fantastic, maybe a bit too clumsy with his tackles but damn he is a good player. He had a better season than all of our midfielders put together! His spirit, his strength, his work rate..he is fantastic.
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 10-06-2008, 20:50   #4574

Peachtot

Registered User
 
Peachtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2001
Fave Players: San Marco, Zvone Boban
Peachtot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
He played like that for most of this season (principally after Fred's return from injury) and did well ...
Sorry GeoTav, i reply ur post just now

Yep, after Fred returned from injury, Alain Perin put Fred as the main striker-the position where Benzema played awesome early 'til mid of last season.
As for that cameback, Perin gave ben arfa position in left flank for benzema in 4-3-3 scheme while sidney govou in the opposite flank.
i heard few times how benzema moaning for new role play and unfortunately for benzema, fred did great as main striker after he returned.

for me, simply benzema best position is the main striker the one who close to opponent penalty box. if henry fit then domenech keep play with 4-4-2, i think you'll see how good benzema play as striker with henry support a bit behind him or run from left flank to pull out one opponent center back
__________________
In my solitude night, I dream on you..
In my busy working day, I'm thinking of you..
In my every single holy prayer, mostly I call ur name..
Oh LOrd, if this one isn't coming from Thou, set us far away...
But if she is, tie us and bless with Thy shiny face...
Peachtot is offline  
Old 10-06-2008, 21:40   #4575

payne

Registered User
 
payne's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: Jamaica
Fave Players: VDV, Thiago Silva, Hazard, Rui Costa
payne is on a distinguished road
according to tribal football, Milan is starting their bid for Benzema.
__________________
Galliani here is the plan
  • Sell:Kaladze, Boriello, Janku, Oddo, Gennaro, Gattuso, Seedorf
  • Buy:VDV/Drenthe and Dos Santos
payne is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.