AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 13:04   #4651

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Am I the only one that believes Ronaldinho is past his best?

i think he needs to do what cassano did (or maradonna). go to a midtable club where he is focal point. he's accomplished everything at a big club....
Milano84 is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 13:07   #4652

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
i think he needs to do what cassano did (or maradonna). go to a midtable club where he is focal point. he's accomplished everything at a big club....
The most he should do is go to Lazio or something. I don't think he's cut out for Milan... especially not in the form he is in. We can't wait for him to get in form either... we need a player that is in good form immediately.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 13:08   #4653

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roche13 View Post
Hello everyone,this will be my first post and i would like to say that i enjoy everyones passion for Milan.I only have one opinion about this striker search.While we are linked to players that have become established stars such as Drogba,Eto'o,Berbatov and then also up and comers stars such as Benzema,Gomis,Adebayor and Gomez.That's where the problem is,we are always going to pay higher price for these players.Where other clubs groom them to become stars and other clubs pay the high prices.
That said,Milans best signing have always come on buying a player that have been young and at a lower price.Examples Pirlo,Kaka,Gattuso,Ambro and [Pato compared to today's standards].So why doesn't Milan go back to what works for them and stop wheeling and dealing for players that are too old for the price or too young for the price.How would you like to be on the other side,just like when we sold Sheva.

Milan got lucky w/ pirlo. Kaka was a known talent in brazil. Sheva same in ukraine. Pato was fought over by all the big clubs. I wouldnt call these unknown signings...I do agree we should shoot younger than for drogba etc. bec ause we will jsut have to address this again in 2 seasons.
Milano84 is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 13:19   #4654

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
We have bought EXTREMLY SERIOUSELY injured Ronaldo, emerson, Oddo ( 30 ), Oliveira for a lot of money...

Ronaldinho is 28 years old, not an injured player, never had a serious injury in his life, without a dopught the most skilfull player on earth, and the most talented one. This season was horrible. But I let you know already what Rijkaard did to his players. Ronaldinho is fad up with Barcelona and coach. I assure you, with one summer of Milanello Ronaldinho would play as hell.

No, I think he is not past his best. In fact, he has 3 or 4 world class season in front of him. to say that he needs to play in a midtable club in insanity!!!
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 13:22   #4655

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
We have bought EXTREMLY SERIOUSELY injured Ronaldo, emerson, Oddo ( 30 ), Oliveira for a lot of money...

Ronaldinho is 28 years old, not an injured player, never had a serious injury in his life, without a dopught the most skilfull player on earth, and the most talented one. This season was horrible. But I let you know already what Rijkaard did to his players. Ronaldinho is fad up with Barcelona and coach. I assure you, with one summer of Milanello Ronaldinho would play as hell.

No, I think he is not past his best. In fact, he has 3 or 4 world class season in front of him. to say that he needs to play in a midtable club in insanity!!!
What did we get out of Ronaldo and Emerson? Not much. Yes we did buy an injured Emerson, and that was perhaps one of our worse signings. Oliveira? We ended up selling him to Real Zaragoza... he played few games with Milan. At least we got a lot of our money back in that deal.

Ronaldinho is not the most skilled in the world anymore. He's past his best. And not only that even if I'm wrong, Kaka and Ronaldinho have never really played well with each other... just look at the world cup and the games of Brazil with them both.

Last edited by Giancarlo; 11-06-2008 at 13:39.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 13:42   #4656

jmacpherson

Registered User
 
Join Date: 11 2006
jmacpherson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
Of course he isn't Milan material.....we have Janku (Favagol's understudy)...who'll have him covered like a blanket
*sigh*. Dru, not singling you out but using your post as an example.

In my opinion this sums up what this thread has become. This is supposed to be a thread where we debate possible transfers or discuss confirmed transfers in a pleasant manner.

Instead its mainly filled with the following:

- complaints over how the club is managed
- complaints over past transfer seasons
- criticising and insulting current players
- criticising and insulting potential transfers or suggested transfers etc

With all due respect to everyone here, what gives us the right to criticise or insult management/players? What makes us better than them? What makes us experts?

If we were so good at what we do then we would be working for Milan or even playing in the starting XI !!

But no, we are actually sitting on the internet arguing that we know better than everyone else.

In reality nothing we say or do in this thread is actually going to make a difference to who we buy or how things are run.

If people are so discontented with Milan, why are you even supporting them?
If Milan buy nobody for the rest of the transfer window, are you going you to stop supporting them? Are you going to throw your toys out of the cot and threaten to stop supporting them?

Me, I'm a Milan supporter regardless of what we win, who plays for us or in which division/competition we play for.

If we bought 5x serie-b players and were relegated to serie-c I would still support them.

I've stated what I wanted to.

I'm going to attempt to keep this thread focused, civil and pleasant. I don't live in the past, I can't go back and change it.

Dunno about the rest of you?
jmacpherson is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 13:44   #4657

hany.Egypt

Registered User
 
hany.Egypt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Cairo,Egypt
Fave Players: san Paolo, Nesta, Pirlo and Ronaldinho
hany.Egypt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Am I the only one that believes Ronaldinho is past his best?
I guess yes its only you.
Quote:
Hello everyone,this will be my first post and i would like to say that i enjoy everyones passion for Milan.I only have one opinion about this striker search.While we are linked to players that have become established stars such as Drogba,Eto'o,Berbatov and then also up and comers stars such as Benzema,Gomis,Adebayor and Gomez.That's where the problem is,we are always going to pay higher price for these players.Where other clubs groom them to become stars and other clubs pay the high prices.
That said,Milans best signing have always come on buying a player that have been young and at a lower price.Examples Pirlo,Kaka,Gattuso,Ambro and [Pato compared to today's standards].So why doesn't Milan go back to what works for them and stop wheeling and dealing for players that are too old for the price or too young for the price.How would you like to be on the other side,just like when we sold Sheva.
First welcome to mm.
Second of course all of us would be more than just happy if Milan signed great players whether they were famouse or not for low prices, but the problem is where are these players?
At the moment there are many good players available ( for the right price of course ) so as long as all the other clubs pay big then we also have to do so, espicially if these players deserve whether its because the quality football which they will produce ( like Benzema& Dinho) or for the number of merchandise they will sell (Dinho nce more).
hany.Egypt is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 13:49   #4658

hany.Egypt

Registered User
 
hany.Egypt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Cairo,Egypt
Fave Players: san Paolo, Nesta, Pirlo and Ronaldinho
hany.Egypt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ronaldinho is 28 years old, not an injured player, never had a serious injury in his life, without a dopught the most skilfull player on earth, and the most talented one. This season was horrible. But I let you know already what Rijkaard did to his players. Ronaldinho is fad up with Barcelona and coach. I assure you, with one summer of Milanello Ronaldinho would play as hell.
I don't know why do pepole keep saying that Ronaldinho had a horrible season probably horrible to his own standads but he still a great player that scored one of the most impressive goals in La Liga and played good, not impressive to be honest, in all the matches that he played this season.
hany.Egypt is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 13:57   #4659

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacpherson View Post
*sigh*. Dru, not singling you out but using your post as an example.

In my opinion this sums up what this thread has become. This is supposed to be a thread where we debate possible transfers or discuss confirmed transfers in a pleasant manner.

Instead its mainly filled with the following:

- complaints over how the club is managed
- complaints over past transfer seasons
- criticising and insulting current players
- criticising and insulting potential transfers or suggested transfers etc

With all due respect to everyone here, what gives us the right to criticise or insult management/players? What makes us better than them? What makes us experts?

If we were so good at what we do then we would be working for Milan or even playing in the starting XI !!

But no, we are actually sitting on the internet arguing that we know better than everyone else.

In reality nothing we say or do in this thread is actually going to make a difference to who we buy or how things are run.

If people are so discontented with Milan, why are you even supporting them?
If Milan buy nobody for the rest of the transfer window, are you going you to stop supporting them? Are you going to throw your toys out of the cot and threaten to stop supporting them?

Me, I'm a Milan supporter regardless of what we win, who plays for us or in which division/competition we play for.

If we bought 5x serie-b players and were relegated to serie-c I would still support them.

I've stated what I wanted to.

I'm going to attempt to keep this thread focused, civil and pleasant. I don't live in the past, I can't go back and change it.

Dunno about the rest of you?
I agree with you. I'm tired of arguing with people about the past. We should only look towards the future and obviously that is what Milan is doing right now, jumping on the transfer season early.

I just don't understand why people think Ronaldinho would play well in Milan. He doesn't play well with Kaka. Either it's him or Kaka out on the field, not both of them.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 13:58   #4660

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
I am leaving this forum. Apparently my opinions are too negative (this is true they are indeed negative) and too harsh for you guys (mods/management included)

I have just received an infraction for swearing....using the word $#!t (spelt exactly this way mind you) ....and let me just apologise to anyone I might have offended.

It is clear that neither I nor my critical and often sarcastic posts are wanted so I'll leave......at least for a couple days...I just want you all to know that I get upset because I love Milan and don't want to see recurrence of the abyssmal season we have just had. It is clear what is needed and to see us perpetually bury our heads in the sand is frustrating and quite sad. I am of the firm view that not because I love Milan and YES I love our management as well- means I must applaud when they make poor decisions or intentionally deceive or disrespect us loyal fans who buy their stuff.

take care all,
dru.
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 14:01   #4661

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacpherson View Post

Instead its mainly filled with the following:

- complaints over how the club is managed
- complaints over past transfer seasons
- criticising and insulting current players
- criticising and insulting potential transfers or suggested transfers etc

With all due respect to everyone here, what gives us the right to criticise or insult management/players? What makes us better than them? What makes us experts?

...

In reality nothing we say or do in this thread is actually going to make a difference to who we buy or how things are run.

If people are so discontented with Milan, why are you even supporting them?
If Milan buy nobody for the rest of the transfer window, are you going you to stop supporting them? Are you going to throw your toys out of the cot and threaten to stop supporting them?


Dunno about the rest of you?
You bet, one of the MAJOR reasons that we have been losing some top posters is exactly the reason you stated about. WE used to have really cool posters and most of them are gone.

We have been trying to keep a forum civilized, smart, crticial, end constructive. Yet we need to maintain a sense of freedom of speech which, unfortunately, many people have taken for granted and thought that freedom of speech = I can say whatever I like.

WE have really been losing some top quality posters, and that deeply saddens me. We are not other forums where you can swear or say/write whatever you want. If you want to do that, you can go to other forums; they have much less strict rules.

Cheers to all - J

Final note: I disagree about whether suporting Milan. I think there are some who just have a different way toexpress their love for Milan. I beg for your patience.
Jeff is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 14:05   #4662

Graeme C

Moderator
 
Graeme C's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2005
Location: England
Fave Players: Boban, Van Basten, Kaka
Graeme C is on a distinguished road
yeah i agree with the Ronaldinho talks, i think we will be better off with Nasri. Its just not worth the gamble.

I read something else earlier how Belusconi wants the club to pay more for itself, and that he wouldnt put as much money into anymore. If that is indeed true i think it will have massive consequences for the club.

For example without our own stadium we will struggle to generate huge amounts of income. Without money we wont be able to sign the best players to keep ourselves competitve with Inter, Juve and at this point we would have to start thinking about offloading some of our stars just to get enough to buy new players.
__________________
"Its far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." -- Carl Sagan
Graeme C is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 14:05   #4663

vivardo

Registered User
 
vivardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Fave Players: Kaka, Maldini, Inzaghi, Nesta, R9
vivardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacpherson View Post
*sigh*. Dru, not singling you out but using your post as an example.

In my opinion this sums up what this thread has become. This is supposed to be a thread where we debate possible transfers or discuss confirmed transfers in a pleasant manner.

Instead its mainly filled with the following:

- complaints over how the club is managed
- complaints over past transfer seasons
- criticising and insulting current players
- criticising and insulting potential transfers or suggested transfers etc

With all due respect to everyone here, what gives us the right to criticise or insult management/players? What makes us better than them? What makes us experts?

If we were so good at what we do then we would be working for Milan or even playing in the starting XI !!

But no, we are actually sitting on the internet arguing that we know better than everyone else.

In reality nothing we say or do in this thread is actually going to make a difference to who we buy or how things are run.

If people are so discontented with Milan, why are you even supporting them?
If Milan buy nobody for the rest of the transfer window, are you going you to stop supporting them? Are you going to throw your toys out of the cot and threaten to stop supporting them?

Me, I'm a Milan supporter regardless of what we win, who plays for us or in which division/competition we play for.

If we bought 5x serie-b players and were relegated to serie-c I would still support them.

I've stated what I wanted to.

I'm going to attempt to keep this thread focused, civil and pleasant. I don't live in the past, I can't go back and change it.

Dunno about the rest of you?
I completely agree with you. I am very much disappointed with our performance last season. But these endless bashings of players and Milan make me feel sick. All of a sudden, Quaresma becomes the hottest prospect! They forget that we have Pato. I don't say that we don't need more signings to fight for the double. Sometimes, I feel that I am reading an Inter forum.
vivardo is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 14:17   #4664

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Final note: I disagree about whether suporting Milan. I think there are some who just have a different way toexpress their love for Milan. I beg for your patience.
This is what I really like. There are many types of Milan fans. Some people are just happy with the condition Milan whatever the condition are, some upset when Milan are not the best team in Italy and the world, etc.

If some people keep moaning about management, etc they do it for Milan, they do it because they love Milan. It doesnt mean if Milan go to serie B, they wont supprot them.

The same goes to people who are happy with Milan condition now. They love Milan and showing their love just like that.
But they are not better fans or truely fans compare to the other who keep moaning or vise versa. It's just how people act.

Different heads, differenet brains we have. The implication : The chance of having diffrent ideas are so big!

As long as every porster respect other poster, the discussion can go on.

Forza Milan!
Siregar is offline  
Old 11-06-2008, 14:21   #4665

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivardo View Post
I completely agree with you. I am very much disappointed with our performance last season. But these endless bashings of players and Milan make me feel sick. All of a sudden, Quaresma becomes the hottest prospect! They forget that we have Pato. I don't say that we don't need more signings to fight for the double. Sometimes, I feel that I am reading an Inter forum.
Yes quaresma SUCKS! just like cristiano ronaldo. We had an awful season and a ****ty transfer campaign.

I dont know if you are all blind, but as someone who watches all leagues, and other top teams (aka i dont just watch ac milan, i watch manUtd, inter, Real Madrid if they r on). Milan is simply not i nthere league. Sure we beat inter once this year but our record speaks for itself.

I want only the best for AC Milan and I'm not seeing it. And more so galliani and braidas smugness fuels my fire. In my opinion they both need to go. Galliani should have left post calciopoli...but berlu is a loyal man (not a bad quality). I jsut think milan is in denial of what modern football is and will be left further behind w/ mourinho coming into inter. Juve rising again.

Someone right it earlier, but pride comes right before the fall but its true. I just think after an embarassing 5th place finish in a mediocre serie A (sorry it is not what it was 10 years ago) . This is right time for a rebuild, some major changes and start afresh. But its the same recycled ****...reality is what it is.

but you all ahve a problem when any players are bashed so here... i'll say what i think of our current squad....I'm not going to say they suck ro anything, just give rational logicial arguments for my feelings...

Gattuso is not makelele or maldini. those players as there physical tools decline see the game so well they can make up for it. Gattuso has always been a player based on emotion physical aggressiveness and timing. when your physical tools go away and ur timing goes off... he doesnt have much other than a huge heart. He is still useful, but its foolish to think he will contibute like he did in WC 06.
-Ambrosini has never been great. always been a good fighter off bench.
-Oddo is 32...we saw he couldnt get up field or cross like he used to
-Kalatze is error prone
-Nesta is 32, class but will not go on forever
-Maldini is a legend but he is 40.. anything he contributes ill consider a plus but i dont expect much out of him
-Janku hasnt played a whole season in years
-Favalli is 36 and cant stop any player w/ pace of the edge
-Pippo again hasnt played more than 1/3 of games the last 5 seasons...he cannot be counted to carry us all year
I mean i can really go on... i havent even gotten into the emersons and brocchis....

I would give anything for galliani's job personally. Unfortunately no1 is asking me :-D

edit: my point is we need to start looking at it realistically and rationally. Just so you know I own a gattuso jersey....he is my favorite milan player. I have no hatred of any milan players

Last edited by Milano84; 11-06-2008 at 14:23.
Milano84 is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.