![]() |
|
|
#4786 | |
|
BANNED!
Join Date: 06 2008
![]() |
Quote:
Inter is in bad shape too... |
|
|
|
|
|
#4787 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 11 2006
![]() |
I do recall him scoring against ManU at Old Trafford this season or was it last season?
|
|
|
|
|
#4788 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 11 2006
![]() |
He scored against Manu in the 2006/2007 and 2007/2008 season.
He also scored against us so can't be bad? |
|
|
|
|
#4789 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 11 2006
![]() |
Perhaps off-topic but do any websites keep stats for players with regards to shots, shots off-target, on target etc?
|
|
|
|
|
#4790 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
![]() |
Quote:
Have I said Milan must sign player X Y and Z? Have I said the signings of MIlan sofar are call crap and that they should have spend money on other targets? Yes, I do wish Milan to sign some of my fav. players but I never came out and demand Milan must sign them or it is a horrible transfer season. What I said was, Milan MGT should not worry about the debt issue as the issue b/c most if not all big clubs operate in the red and some deep red as you had mentioned. Now if u ask me how to fix it, I really don't know, and I think like yourself, it is unhealthy but thats really is the way modern football clubs do business, both big and small. What I would suggest for the clubs to is to find more ways to raise revenues, like more friendly matches, football camp for the kids.... as someone suggested that players' wages are also high. I am proud that Milan is not running into deep red, but if that is their objective instead of winning Titles, then I will be very disappointed at them as I am sure if other clubs can operate in deep red and win, Milan can do that too. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4791 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2007
![]() |
Adebayor is decent. I don't know if he's any good at creating his own chances though. With our current team now, who's going to feed him? How much service did Gila get? And when Gila did get it he swallowed them most of the time.
Adebayor works only if we can get some more WC creative midfield players that can feed him. Benzema, Berbatov, Amauri, maybe even Drogba are strikers that can create. I don't think Adebayor is there yet. He'll end up being frustrated and sucking!!! |
|
|
|
|
#4792 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
![]() |
Quote:
I know some of you might wonder who would want to pay X amount for a business that is in huge debt, but to those new buyers, they treat the clubs as their own toys, just like Roman. Well, at least thats my take on the debt issue, I could be wrong. Last edited by Gabriel489; 12-06-2008 at 10:59. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4793 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
![]() |
Quote:
This is the biggest problem. Why we go into the red, and wats wrong w/ our transfer policy. Because you see even if you buy that olderp layer for less. His wage demands are MUCH higher because....well he's proven. Last season we had dida, serginho, cafu, gilardino all earn in 4 mil range for basically nothing. I'm not even going into janku, brocchi, emerson, favalli etc etc who r earning 2+ mil. Then we have our gattuso, maldini, pirlo, kaka who are well over 4 mil a season. Now look at other teams, even manUtd or lyon or barca with young proven talent (anderson, benzema, iniesta) they arent making NEARLY as much because they are younger.... they will sign larger contracts as they go on... but clearly its a better what to do business. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4794 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
![]() |
Adebayor again, doesn't he reminds you of Amauri in terms of where does he wishes to play next year?
|
|
|
|
|
#4795 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#4796 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
![]() |
Quote:
Just wondering how much does SImic, Oddo, Kaldaze, Kalac, Seedorf and Ambro make? Last edited by Gabriel489; 12-06-2008 at 11:09. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4797 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
![]() |
After reading the wage bill article, I must say that we are really horrible at giving out contracts. Thats probably why nobody wants to leave Milan unless for ENGLISH LESSONS
|
|
|
|
|
#4798 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
![]() |
If there is ever a revolt at Arsenal, the first player I would love to see us go after is Gallas, then Cesc, then Adebayor and then Van Persie.
|
|
|
|
|
#4799 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
![]() |
i will try to uncover the other article i found that broke down each players wages. Yeah kaka is only serie A player in top 10 highest earners in world. But all those players are above 5.5 mil. But if you broke down top 100 earners we'd have ALOT of names... The thing i noticed w/ like MAnUtd is... rooney, ronaldo, ferdinand (and of course there older legends) scholes, giggs, neville earn gooood size contracts.... but for example.... nani, anderson, fletcher and there younger guys earn more modest amounts.... (if u can call 1-2 mil modest) and then there roll players oshea, wes brown etc are not overpaid...
i posted in another forum... but thats why buying older players isnt really cost effective... lets use the zambrotta v. vargas argument. Zambrotta cost 7 mil... signed a 3 year contract woth 3 mil a year. Thats 18 mil cost to milan... then in 3 years we'll need to rebuy in all likelihood. (even if he is class at 34+ he wont be able to play all games... its just reality). Now Vargas would cost... 11 mil. But a wage bill of half. lets just say 2 to be nice. But that cost could be over 8-9 years (to when he was 32) Yes its more but when u consider we'll have to rebuy atleast 1 more time... it really isnt Now i have no problem w/ zambrotta buy. I like it, i think hes class (it is a temporary fix though). But i think you all follow my point. I also want t push on younger buys simply because they r faster and have the legs to play harder, longer for more games. and we have so much exerience we dont need more. We need players who can learn from gattuso, maldini, nesta, pippo and carry on milan tradition when they retire in the future |
|
|
|
|
#4800 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
![]() |
cesc wouldnt happpen but would be a dream. Clichy would be a dream too (probably best lb last year in terms of consistant form). And i've always liked rosisky. but enough of this.... in a years time it might happen as i dont see wenger staying much past next year
|
|
|