AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2008, 15:57   #4891

catennacio

Registered User
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: Los Angeles
catennacio is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
casillas is short
casillas is 1.84m i believe
if anyone is less than 1.80m than i doubt he can play air fighting.
catennacio is offline  
Old 12-06-2008, 15:58   #4892

hany.Egypt

Registered User
 
hany.Egypt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Cairo,Egypt
Fave Players: san Paolo, Nesta, Pirlo and Ronaldinho
hany.Egypt is on a distinguished road
saying that Abbiati is better than Boruce is something like saying Materatzi is better tha Nesta both make me laugh.
There is many other goal keepers better than Boruce of course like ( Buffon Cech, Cassillas, Cesar, frey and so) so comparing their prices with him means that he is the best goal keeper in the market.
hany.Egypt is offline  
Old 12-06-2008, 15:58   #4893

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
i found this REAL interesting... i was reading some archives from summer of 02 when we signed nesta......
for weeks galliani said this

'The Rossoneri chief also publicly announced that the club had no intention of joining the race to sign Lazio stopper Alessandro Nesta.

"The reason we are staying out of the Nesta situation is because the money needed to complete the deal would be outside of Milan’s budget," he added.'



All i can say is i hope he is doing same rouse.... just reaching for positivity
Indeed...it comes back also to my silly season rules....they r in this thread somewhere

__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 12-06-2008, 15:58   #4894

Mr. Anonymous

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Mr. Anonymous is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
i found this REAL interesting... i was reading some archives from summer of 02 when we signed nesta......
for weeks galliani said this

'The Rossoneri chief also publicly announced that the club had no intention of joining the race to sign Lazio stopper Alessandro Nesta.

"The reason we are staying out of the Nesta situation is because the money needed to complete the deal would be outside of Milan’s budget," he added.'



All i can say is i hope he is doing same rouse.... just reaching for positivity

I think that's exactly what going on here.

Mr. Anonymous is offline  
Old 12-06-2008, 16:02   #4895

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hany.Egypt View Post
saying that Abbiati is better than Boruce is something like saying Materatzi is better tha Nesta both make me laugh.
There is many other goal keepers better than Boruce of course like ( Buffon Cech, Cassillas, Cesar, frey and so) so comparing their prices with him means that he is the best goal keeper in the market.
Juve bought Buffon for 48m euro, Boruc's price is 12.5m euro.
Casillas, Cesar, Cech or Frey all cost much more than 12.5m euro, much more (except for Frey).

If Celtic sell Boruc for 12.5m euro that will be the highest transfer fee payed for a goalkeeper sold by a BRITISH CLUB, not in the world.
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline  
Old 12-06-2008, 16:05   #4896

hany.Egypt

Registered User
 
hany.Egypt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Cairo,Egypt
Fave Players: san Paolo, Nesta, Pirlo and Ronaldinho
hany.Egypt is on a distinguished road
Hope so, I guess the only player that Milan wasn't seriously linked with is Benzema , if Milan is really working on him......... wow this will be great as for me the only merecato that can satisfies me is to get one of Benzema or Ronaldinho.
hany.Egypt is offline  
Old 12-06-2008, 16:09   #4897

Mr. Anonymous

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Mr. Anonymous is on a distinguished road
I don't know if he's still online...but GianCarlo's views are very interesting.

While not agreeing with some (okay many) of his points, I think that having someone who has a totally different point of view than others in a forum like this is good for balance.

I still don't agree with most of his view points...but a guy like him will keep me (and maybe some others in here) honest, and make sure that we don't go over board in bashing management.
Mr. Anonymous is offline  
Old 12-06-2008, 16:10   #4898

hany.Egypt

Registered User
 
hany.Egypt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Cairo,Egypt
Fave Players: san Paolo, Nesta, Pirlo and Ronaldinho
hany.Egypt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Juve bought Buffon for 48m euro, Boruc's price is 12.5m euro.
Casillas, Cesar, Cech or Frey all cost much more than 12.5m euro, much more (except for Frey).

If Celtic sell Boruc for 12.5m euro that will be the highest transfer fee payed for a goalkeeper sold by a BRITISH CLUB, not in the worl
Tony there is something wrong here may be you misunderstood me or I just could express what I want to say proparly .
What I wanted to say is that Boruce is an excellent keeper espicially because of his price which is relatively low , I didn't mean that he is the most expensive and by the way I guess Buffon was bought for 52 not 48, any way thanks
hany.Egypt is offline  
Old 12-06-2008, 16:12   #4899

jcastagn

Registered User
 
jcastagn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2007
jcastagn is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know more about the Czech midfield Pasil?? Is he settled in Spain? Have we ever been linked to him? i thought he was great yesterday. From what I saw i'd welcome him to Milan. Complete midfielder.
jcastagn is offline  
Old 12-06-2008, 16:13   #4900

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29. View Post
Juve bought Buffon for 48m euro, Boruc's price is 12.5m euro.
Casillas, Cesar, Cech or Frey all cost much more than 12.5m euro, much more (except for Frey).

If Celtic sell Boruc for 12.5m euro that will be the highest transfer fee payed for a goalkeeper sold by a BRITISH CLUB, not in the world.
lol, which is more because WHO WANTS A BRITISH GOALKEEPER!? just recently have they started to buy largely outside the isles
Milano84 is offline  
Old 12-06-2008, 16:14   #4901

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hany.Egypt View Post
Tony there is something wrong here may be you misunderstood me or I just could express what I want to say proparly .
What I wanted to say is that Boruce is an excellent keeper espicially because of his price which is relatively low , I didn't mean that he is the most expensive and by the way I guess Buffon was bought for 52 not 48, any way thanks
Loooooooooool, it was you. I thought it's the other guy again, Giancarlo.
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline  
Old 12-06-2008, 16:16   #4902

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
didnt celtic want simic.... i hate to say its obvious but.....boruc... simic + cash?
Milano84 is offline  
Old 12-06-2008, 16:18   #4903

hany.Egypt

Registered User
 
hany.Egypt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Cairo,Egypt
Fave Players: san Paolo, Nesta, Pirlo and Ronaldinho
hany.Egypt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Loooooooooool, it was you. I thought it's the other guy again, Giancarlo.
Ok, I have fixed the problem.
hany.Egypt is offline  
Old 12-06-2008, 16:25   #4904

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
didnt celtic want simic.... i hate to say its obvious but.....boruc... simic + cash?
Shhhhhhhhh....dont tell everybody!
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 12-06-2008, 16:32   #4905

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anonymous View Post
Adebayor is decent. I don't know if he's any good at creating his own chances though. With our current team now, who's going to feed him? How much service did Gila get? And when Gila did get it he swallowed them most of the time.

Adebayor works only if we can get some more WC creative midfield players that can feed him.

Benzema, Berbatov, Amauri, maybe even Drogba are strikers that can create. I don't think Adebayor is there yet. He'll end up being frustrated and sucking!!!
I dont think that Adebayor needs so many chances just to score or really needs WC crative midfielder to feed him so well. He is totally diffrent to Gila or Drogba. He is a player who can create chances not only for him but also for other players. Of course every striker needs chances or to be fed but with our current midfielders and fullback, I am sure Adebayor will get enough chances. If you watched Arsenal games this season, you can notice that he contributed pretty much in building the attcking (on forward area especially) by moving to left side (mostly) to make one-two pass (for example) with Clichi and Rosicky and tried to play the ball on the left side of PK area and delivered passes to Arsenal players on the centre of PK area (Fabregas, Helb).

Adebayor in my opinion is better than Gomez with regard to how they can play wider or providing chances both for themselves and other players. I dont know why people here complaint Adebayor pass (or is it Drogba they mention? I foget ). Adebayor can pass and can hold the ball. Not only that, he can also bring the ball, better than other SC we are interested in, Drogba, Gomez, even Eto'o (but Eto'o is much faster).

In my opinion, Ade is more complete than Amauri. Amauri is good at making chances or free spaces for other players but he is pretty bad at scoring. This is not the case with Adebayor. Adebayor scored much more goals than Amauri (this season) and Ade, as I already said, can create chances for him and other players.

For user that said he could only score to small teams, please check his stats. He scored 24 goals form 36 appearances in Premier League. He scored to ManU, ManCity (with 'italian' coach), Everton (top 5 best defense in Premier League), Tottenham (before and after Ramos's hired as coach).

But again, his price could be so high. And as I posted before, I am always having doubt on Arsenal players as the Professor's influence (especially his tactic's influence) to the Arsenal players is so big.

For me especially, as long as Milan could bring one world class attacker, it would be great whoever he is (from our targets).

Edit : People should also recognize that Adebayor has been improving so much (regarding not only his goals but also how he plays) in this season compare to last season when he started playing regularly (29 appearances, 8 goals)

Last edited by Siregar; 12-06-2008 at 16:39.
Siregar is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:42.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.