AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-06-2008, 09:02   #5146

payne

Registered User
 
payne's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: Jamaica
Fave Players: VDV, Thiago Silva, Hazard, Rui Costa
payne is on a distinguished road
i think holland plays better without seedorf, and so would Milan, personally i would be definitely willing to sell him, i think his time is up, and there are lot of other player younger, better, faster, and cheaper at his postion.

eg.) Daniel Carvalho of cska moscow.

a line of

-------------Striker-------------
Carvalho------KAKA--------PATO
--------Pirlo--------Flamini------
__________________
Galliani here is the plan
  • Sell:Kaladze, Boriello, Janku, Oddo, Gennaro, Gattuso, Seedorf
  • Buy:VDV/Drenthe and Dos Santos

Last edited by payne; 15-06-2008 at 09:07.
payne is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 09:57   #5147

e-Milan

Registered User
 
e-Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
e-Milan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by payne View Post
i think holland plays better without seedorf, and so would Milan, personally i would be definitely willing to sell him, i think his time is up, and there are lot of other player younger, better, faster, and cheaper at his postion.
IMO, seedorf is still needed, not for the 1st squad, just like Rui Costa a couple years ago after Kaka's arrival. But then again, will he or will he not accept that kinda role, is another matter.
e-Milan is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 10:15   #5148

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Van Der Vaart looks really good, fast, moders and capable of playing at that position. And Seedorf is a player that can play world class football still, but in smaler number of matches per season. Having Pirlo, Ambrosini, Gattuso, flamini, Seedorf, KAka' and one more fast midfielder would be wonderfull. But one more is needed for sure. And rotation is needed, not like in past years.

The "problem" is that our players: Marek, Pirlo, AMbro, Rino have all shown in EURO that they are not fast enough, they are all overplayed.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 11:17   #5149

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Again sorry about the O/T but I will not be slandered

First, remote2 book says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by remote2book View Post
-meaning if we want a WC striker why are we being cheap and publicly blasting the price. The all-wise, all knowing Giancarlo proceeds to reply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
ARe you the quick to believe goal.com?

We spent a lot of money on one player already (Zambrotta)... what makes you think we won't spend a lot on others?

How about we buy Roman Pavluchenko and Alexander Anyukov? These two players have been putting up strong performances... the Russian market may be cheaper... and what great talents they are...
Since we only spent 7 Million on Zambrotta I found this hillarious....I mean to think that a club supposedly as big as Milan would fret over spending 7Mill on a player in a position that had been extremely poor is ........well I'm speechless

Of course embarrassed by the utter stupidity of your post which I might have highlighted somehwat you proceed to say:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
What's your problem? you're putting a something I said clearly out of context into your signature? What is your damn problem? Nothing more than an insulting jerk you are.
It's not my fault you're misinformed and haven't a clue on how the transfer process works. And it isn't my fault you don't understand that Italian players simply have longer careers than others. It's just the name of the game. It's just the way things work.

You better damn well explain yourself on why you think my quote is amusing or funny.

Zambrotta isn't old nor is he a fossil. Ignorance! There are many fine players in their 30s... Zambrotta is one of them. Yes, he's a bit rusty... but any player has difficult parts in their careers. For a while, Nesta himself was having issues in consistency and made mistakes. They are only human beings. Zambrotta made a mistake in the game, but it had nothing to do with the way he was playing, rather an error of communication. Italy thank goodness responded immediately. Give the man a god damn chance...

He's only a human being like the rest of us.

I also ask one thing... please remove my taken out of context quote from your signature. And not only that the facts speak for themselves. We have signed three young players this season (24-26 years old).
Naturally I wouldn't expect the same people who scrutinise my every word to have similar standards for everyone else. Dru disagrees with the big boys therefore dru should be insulted and humiliated at will Of course, having just been insulted publicly (by someone I never insulted personally)...here comes the ever so just and balanced Jeff, to correct the evil dru (while cleverly (?) not naming him) and lay down the law :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
See? And you are blaming the moderators for not doing that when we have been trying to do that all along only to be threatened by comments like "ban me if you want?"

***

On one hand there are those who say whatever they want in this forum saying that 'it's my opinion' and "if you don't agree, it's your choice". Then of course there are some who are forever cynical and still think that they are the smartest fan in the world.

And of course, when the moderators reminded them to be just a bit in their post and they begin to say 'ban me if you like'.

***

On the other hand, we have those who got completely fed up with some specific members. And at the end of the day we lose some really top quality posters.

Can't some of you just learn how to post a more constructive post instead of those bashing and talking trash about the management.

For god's sake, we have been hearing that for three years.

***

When you make an argument, back up with points, not cynicism. Irony is welcome, but pointless, baseless, and redundent and seemingly joking argument is going to be strictly prohibited.
I realize that I am immature and stupid, but when I grow up I want to be just like you

P.S. When I say "ban me if you want" is not a threat. I merely say it because it seems that you develop an allergic reaction to a differnce of opinion..especially if it's a strong one. I realize that the lot of you can't stand me because of my criticism of certain developments in Milanello. If I am so obnoxious to you you have the power to get rid of me and I suggest you use it. That way everyone will be happy, and I'll get it through my thick skull that a forum is not a place to discuss ideas and opinions.
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.

Last edited by drucurl; 15-06-2008 at 11:23.
drucurl is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 11:26   #5150

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
P.S. When I say "ban me if you want" is not a threat. I merely say it because it seems that you develop an allergic reaction to a differnce of opinion..especially if it's a strong one. I realize that the lot of you can't stand me because of my criticism of certain developments in Milanello. If I am so obnoxious to you you have the power to get rid of me and I suggest you use it. That way everyone will be happy, and I'll get it through my thick skull that a forum is not a place to discuss ideas and opinion.
I think people who have develop a different opinion from me has more than enough to say about the part I bolded.

Underlined: It is not, trust me, it is not. We all know that and we all can't stand the criticism. But it doesn't help, NEVER help, to be cynical about this and that repeatedly; it not only does not show how ridiculous our management has been and is but also implies you as a very irritating person.

It's really just a matter of presentation, not a matter of different opinion. And I hope you will understand.

The Italic part is where it shows the fallacy of your logic. On one hand you say that we can't stand different opinion, especially the strong one. And you say we have the power to ban you for that.

Didn't you see that we have never intended to ban a member because of difference in opinion?

Hasn't this been obvious already for the past N years while you are around?

The last bolded part: Your posts don't seem to be discussing opinions and rumors anymore but becomes a routine bashing of some of our existing players and incoming players, and incoming new members too.

***

At the end of the day, I hope that you, as an experienced poster now in MM and probably in other forums, will set a good example for the rest of the new, incoming members.

Cheers - J
Jeff is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 11:42   #5151

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I think people who have develop a different opinion from me has more than enough to say about the part I bolded.

Underlined: It is not, trust me, it is not. We all know that and we all can't stand the criticism. But it doesn't help, NEVER help, to be cynical about this and that repeatedly; it not only does not show how ridiculous our management has been and is but also implies you as a very irritating person.

It's really just a matter of presentation, not a matter of different opinion. And I hope you will understand.

The Italic part is where it shows the fallacy of your logic. On one hand you say that we can't stand different opinion, especially the strong one. And you say we have the power to ban you for that.

Didn't you see that we have never intended to ban a member because of difference in opinion?

Hasn't this been obvious already for the past N years while you are around?

The last bolded part: Your posts don't seem to be discussing opinions and rumors anymore but becomes a routine bashing of some of our existing players and incoming players, and incoming new members too.

***

At the end of the day, I hope that you, as an experienced poster now in MM and probably in other forums, will set a good example for the rest of the new, incoming members.

Cheers - J
I appreciate your response and you are right about much of what you said. Again I apologise for the o/t.

I still stand by what I said though because Gialcarlo comes here as a newer member and starts telling other posters how foolish their ideas are and how ignorant they are. When you expose the flaws in his reasoning he takes it personally and acts the victim. You have let him do this for numerous pages freely. At least two other posters (tony29, remote2book) have expressed delight at my new sig..........why? It's because it exposes his reasonings as being woefully blind. However I will be more positive from now on. THAT I assure you.
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 11:50   #5152

mrki

Registered User
 
mrki's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2005
Location: Croatia
Fave Players: Maldini, Boban, Inzaghi
mrki is on a distinguished road
Im all with you Drucurl, I've said before. For some people our managers and coaches are gods and they have created a religion, and in religion people dont think, they believe. When I bash Carlo they just say he knows best, even dough I clearly explain why I said some things, its just an example...

forza Dru.
__________________
"Where others have succeeded, I have always failed..." Jacques Clouseau
mrki is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 12:02   #5153

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Im all with you Drucurl, I've said before. For some people our managers and coaches are gods and they have created a religion, and in religion people dont think, they believe. When I bash Carlo they just say he knows best, even dough I clearly explain why I said some things, its just an example...

forza Dru.
Yeah but maybe Jeff is right....I think EVERYONE knows that I am upset that we seem not to care about getting PROPER reinforcements and everyone knows you think Carlo is tactically inadequate.....but perhaps Jeff does have a point that it's not the fact that we say it but the presentation.

Maybe you are like me. Maybe you think you're seeing something that Milan desperately needs and it's frustrating you that we seem to make no attempt to get it or correct it.....One thing is for sure and that's giancarlo needs to take it down as well. In the end the REAL fans always get persecuted because our time, money emotions etc are ALWAYS at stake. It's not nice when our interfan friends spend all season laughing at us and now at our transfers. What are we to say? "Watch out Inter because with Antonini, Borriello and Zambrotta you'll have no chance!" ?

Forza mrki
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.

Last edited by drucurl; 15-06-2008 at 12:06.
drucurl is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 12:04   #5154

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post

I still stand by what I said though because Gialcarlo comes here as a newer member and starts telling other posters how foolish their ideas are and how ignorant they are. When you expose the flaws in his reasoning he takes it personally and acts the victim. You have let him do this for numerous pages freely. At least two other posters (tony29, remote2book) have expressed delight at my new sig..........why? It's because it exposes his reasonings as being woefully blind. However I will be more positive from now on. THAT I assure you.

Thanks, it's not about being 'negative'; it's about being understanding about the situation. Bashing for once or twice (like we all did about Dida or Oddo's dismal crossing) is understandable. But doing it consistently won't do good whatsoever. It's like I get a 0 marks for my exam and my friends pick me up for that mistake for the rest of my life.

Re: new members: They are new, and we know that some of his reasonsings are false as well. The key is how you teach/show him why the reasoning is problematic. Ridiculing another person's point of view usually don't help, though I can understand how frustrating sometimes these posts are.

Perhaps it'll be better if we show them concretely why their reasoning is false instead of using irony. Maybe we will all be better off...

Cheers - J
__________________
What source you can trust:

Perfect: acmilan; MM

OK: Channel4; calciomercato; tg.com; La Gazzetta

Awful: Corriere; Tuttosport; tuttomercatoweb

Worst: tribalfootball; goal.com
Jeff is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 12:09   #5155

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Im all with you Drucurl, I've said before. For some people our managers and coaches are gods and they have created a religion, and in religion people dont think, they believe. When I bash Carlo they just say he knows best, even dough I clearly explain why I said some things, its just an example...

forza Dru.
It's ok to bash Carlo; we all know his limitations; we all know that sub. Brocchi for Ambro at 80mins when Milan is losing 2-0 doesn't make sense.

Then I started to ask myself why he did that. And why not? Who can he put in? another striker and hopefully something good will happen? There is no more game plan, because you don't have the players to execute. Buying Flamini is a good one because it gives us option in midfield.

It's understandable why people are frustrated about the coach, for instance, but it's not understandable why people keep getting frustrated about the coach when obviously other factors are well in motion that we have often overlooked.

We are all being critical; we all know there is a problem. Not saying that "we have a probem" every day doesn't mean that we forget about the problem, because by saying the problems repeatedly, we develop a kind of mentality that REALLY there is a BIG problem that CANNOT be solved.

Now that's the kind of mentality we all don't want to develop. That we can leave it to th Interista.

Bottom line: We all know the problems; we all understand the problems. But saying that there is a problem without really thinking deeper about how to solve the problem won't help to solve. That's a key take-home for all of us who are reading the post to take.

(Just to give you another example: we all know that Italy is in deep trouble; yes the offside, the disallowed goals; all these added up, but Italy is still in trouble. I think we all agree on that, and we don't have to exaggerate it by repeatedly saying it because, at the end of the day, it's not over because if Italy beats France and Romania draws / loses, Italy is still through.

WHy lose hope and keep focusing on the negative when the game is not even over?)

- J
Jeff is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 12:09   #5156

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Perhaps it'll be better if we show them concretely why their reasoning is false instead of using irony. Maybe we will all be better off...

Cheers - J
I can't help it Jeff my mum was an English teacher and my dad couldn't say "good morning" without being sarcastic

Anyway the goal.com article about Adebayor is poorly translated. Berlu actually said that Adebayor is "very" expensive and not "too" expensive

EDIT: our frustrations come not from knowing we have problems...they come from seeing the SOLUTIONS to these problems float by without us even batting an eye.

If Carlo wanted Ribery he shouldn't mind Quaresma who are essentially the same player with Quaresma being more talented imho but Ribery being more functional
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.

Last edited by drucurl; 15-06-2008 at 12:14.
drucurl is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 12:10   #5157

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
Yeah but maybe Jeff is right....I think EVERYONE knows that I am upset that we seem not to care about getting PROPER reinforcements and everyone knows you think Carlo is tactically inadequate.....but perhaps Jeff does have a point that it's not the fact that we say it but the presentation.

Maybe you are like me. Maybe you think you're seeing something that Milan desperately needs and it's frustrating you that we seem to make no attempt to get it or correct it.....One thing is for sure and that's giancarlo needs to take it down as well. In the end the REAL fans always get persecuted because our time, money emotions etc are ALWAYS at stake. It's not nice when our interfan friends spend all season laughing at us and now at our transfers. What are we to say? "Watch out Inter because with Antonini, Borriello and Zambrotta you'll have no chance!" ?

Forza mrki
How about you take down your signature as a good starting point?
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 12:13   #5158

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post

In the end the REAL fans always get persecuted because our time, money emotions etc are ALWAYS at stake. It's not nice when our interfan friends spend all season laughing at us and now at our transfers. What are we to say? "Watch out Inter because with Antonini, Borriello and Zambrotta you'll have no chance!" ?

Bolded: Yes, exactly. That's why we all treasure each other despite all this seemingly non-sensical but happen-in-everyday-life argument.

Italic: They haven't done it for the past 50 years. So why worry? The tide will only turn to the team that truly prevails.

Cheers - J
Jeff is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 12:14   #5159

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
First, remote2 book says:
-meaning if we want a WC striker why are we being cheap and publicly blasting the price. The all-wise, all knowing Giancarlo proceeds to reply: Since we only spent 7 Million on Zambrotta I found this hillarious....I mean to think that a club supposedly as big as Milan would fret over spending 7Mill on a player in a position that had been extremely poor is ........well I'm speechless
We spent nine million on Zambrotta, plus additional depending on our position. For a defender that's a bit more than usual. And of course he doesn't cost the same amount as a forward. There is no sheer stupidity in my post. I stand by it. He has played better with Italians and that's a proven fact. So what if he had a bad time at Barcelona... which players don't? I mean take a look at how Carlos Puyol is doing recently...

Either, you remove the quote or I'm gone.

I apologized for my actions.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 12:17   #5160

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
dru and mrki, I agree with what you guys say and I always have, I am not in favour of the way the management is working these days and I have said it before, but what good is it to nag about it twice a day, everyday?

mrki we all know there is a problem in the team but everytime a good player is gone you complain about the lack of action of our management..and then you give us your trademark daily posts of writing in the milan 2008 squad in your opinion with the new players in BOLD..

cmon boys, when you keep doing that over and over again, what difference is it going to make?



PS: I had nothing to do with that Balotelli petition thing!! We have to get that kid, no matter what. I say Berlu should hire someone, sneak in to the Inter offices, tear up Balotelli's contract and then we can sign him for free
hitmannq8 is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.