AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-06-2008, 12:18   #5161

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
I stand by what I say. I believe in what I say. If you have a problem with that, that's fine. We can talk about it like adults. I don't want to seem like I'm insulting anyone here. I like to be optimistic about certain things...

I didn't come here to fight. With forums like these that is too often the case.

I'm not blind. I know there was a problem this previous season with the team and that changes are needed. The way I want it done is quite different than many on here though. And I believe in our transfers too... some nice young players are coming in. But that's beyond the point, I am a real fan... I'm not a fake one. And I think Inter can be laughed at for their insignificant contributions to the Azzurri... Materazzi lol?

I reiterate, either the signature goes, or I GO.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 12:19   #5162

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
We spent nine million on Zambrotta, plus additional depending on our position. For a defender that's a bit more than usual. And of course he doesn't cost the same amount as a forward. There is no sheer stupidity in my post. I stand by it. He has played better with Italians and that's a proven fact. So what if he had a bad time at Barcelona... which players don't? I mean take a look at how Carlos Puyol is doing recently...

I simply think that his price is a fair one. Not too ex not too cheap. And yes he has been playing much better relatively with the Italians (except the Euro 2008 for his horrid against Romania but otherwise a decent match for him).

The key here is whether Milan can bring the best out of him like Milan did with Pirlo and Seedorf and Kaka. You can actually count R99 too only until that guy go and screw himself up.

Another issue is injury. We have seen Janku and Oddo being hampered by injury around Zambro's age and I'm worried that the same may happen.

In either case, this is a fair purchase. I'll give a 6 or 7 out of 10 for the purchase.

Probably this sums up what everyone is saying (I hope?) - J
Jeff is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 12:22   #5163

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post



PS: I had nothing to do with that Balotelli petition thing!! We have to get that kid, no matter what. I say Berlu should hire someone, sneak in to the Inter offices, tear up Balotelli's contract and then we can sign him for free
Worried that he really said something nasty to Inter. We all seem to agree with the fact that Milan never buy playrs who have personality issue (except R99 but R99 is a tricky one. He was not supposed to be like that until he got injured. Oh well...)

Another live example will be Cassano.

But who knows? Maybe the media has just fabricated the whole thing about Balotelli.

And wait, is he really on sale? J
Jeff is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 12:23   #5164

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
We spent nine million on Zambrotta, plus additional depending on our position. For a defender that's a bit more than usual. And of course he doesn't cost the same amount as a forward. There is no sheer stupidity in my post. I stand by it. He has played better with Italians and that's a proven fact. So what if he had a bad time at Barcelona... which players don't? I mean take a look at how Carlos Puyol is doing recently...

Either, you remove the quote or I'm gone.

I apologized for my actions.
I will remove it in good faith but don't think you're comming here to order me around. and YES your post IS WRONG......7Million isn't that much for a defender who is supposed to be of the calibre that we need. Go research the prices of Cannavaro, Nesta, Lahm, Ferdinand, Sol Campbell and worst of all Daniel Alves. You talk about how everybody else doesn't know about how transfers work, it's time you learn too. The days where defenders were bought and sold cheaply are long gone......I am removing my sig and I hope we can start over as friends becaus I desire to be friends with all milanistas
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 12:25   #5165

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
I will remove it in good faith but don't think you're comming here to order me around. and YES your post IS WRONG......7Million isn't that much for a defender who is supposed to be of the calibre that we need. Go research the prices of Cannavaro, Nesta, Lahm, Ferdinand, Sol Campbell and worst of all Daniel Alves. You talk about how everybody else doesn't know about how transfers work, it's time you learn too. The days where defenders were bought and sold cheaply are long gone......I am removing my sig and I hope we can start over as friends becaus I desire to be friends with all milanistas
Again, we spent nine million, not seven million. That's by no means cheap (it's not horrendously expensive like Alves but you see my point). And his wages are higher than average. My post is not wrong and I stand by everything I say. I know very well how transfers work. Nice try.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you all day.

Anyways, I'd much rather not talk to you in the future.

Last edited by Giancarlo; 15-06-2008 at 12:37.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 12:34   #5166

Stitch

Registered User
 
Stitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Sarajevo
Fave Players: San Paolo, MVB, Safet Susic, The Divine Ponytail
Stitch is an unknown quantity at this point
dru, you are a legend

btw i didn't see if any site reported it, but the comentator on Bosnian tv said that Evra signed a new four year contract with ManU.

I'm saying that because there were reports linking him signing with us next year when he was supposed to be a free agent.
__________________
YES DZEKO !!!!!!!

www.fksinfo.com
Stitch is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 12:39   #5167

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Dru, I did admonish Giancarlo for some previous insults, so I think u r a bit off in your post...regardless....I am happy both of u saw the light, and realised that the situation was getting a bit out of hand.

Let's keep it civil guys...its only silly season.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 12:49   #5168

ThrusT

Registered User
 
ThrusT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Belgium
Fave Players: Pirlo, Serginho, Baresi, Rui Costa
ThrusT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Again, we spent nine million, not seven million. That's by no means cheap (it's not horrendously expensive like Alves but you see my point). And his wages are higher than average. My post is not wrong and I stand by everything I say. I know very well how transfers work. Nice try.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you all day.

Anyways, I'd much rather not talk to you in the future.
For a club like Milan it's cheap.
But it is expensive for a player like Zambrotta. N/O to the guy, but we overpayed. That's nine milion euros + 1.6mil £ if we finish 4th next year, am I right? Thats about 11-12 milion for another washed up player. Now I'm not saying he'll be no good but we should have offered 6 milion max.
Barca bought him for 14mil if I'm correct, so they'll only lose 2million.
At least one club made a good deal...

It so frustrating, we always search for a bargain but in the end we always overpay. (Ronaldo (+wages) , Emerson (+wages) , Oliveira, Gilardino (+++wages) )
With what we lost on Ronaldo alone we could have bought a new player.
Damn inefficient management.



Btw, there was someone here with a list of sources in his sig?
There are 2 mistakes : it should be tgcom.it and the Corierre.

Greetz
ThrusT is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 13:05   #5169

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
Source credibility:

Perfect: acmilan; MM

OK: tg.com; La Gazzetta; Corriello; Tuttosport

Bad: Channel4; Eurosport; soccernet; goal.com; calciomercato; tuttomercatoweb; tribalfootball
I hope you won't mind giving my opinion on this and disagreeing with certain parts of your signature, Jeff.

1. Acmilan.com is the best source for official news. Sometimes there you can find articles where Galliani and other members of the team talk about the future transfers and this is the most reliable source. They don't take words out of context and they don't make some spectacular titles in order to sell newspapers.
There was this episode with Suazo, but that was only an exception.

2. Milanmania
-yeah, well, if you have "OFFICIAL" in topics tittle then i guess it's reliable and taken from the official site.

3.Tuttosport
- Absolutely awful source. Tuttosport is a Turin based newspaper and they are disgustingly pro-Juve (even for the Juve fans they are pure joke). All they do is linking Juventus to every single player, from Ronaldinho to some 10 years old junior from New Zeland.
Just like another newspaper i'll talk about later, Tuttosport writes (invents) only stories that their readers (99% of them Juve fans) would like to hear.

4. tgcom
- this is actually part of mediaset, owned by Berlusconi. They are pro-Milan and you can find a lot of news about Milan, but many times these stories are again what Milan fans want to hear and most of the times they have nothing to do with reality.

5. Gazzetta Dello Sport
- My favorite and yet my most despised newspaper.
They are my favorites because they always offer a great read, but i dislike them because they do things Tuttosport is doing, with the difference being that they are pro-Milan and kinda anti-Juve.
Whenever Juve are after some player Gazzetta immediately starts writing how Juve won't get that player and how Milan/Inter/foreign team will steal that player from Juve. They are always the first ones to claim how Buffon, Trezeguet, Camoranesi are just about to leave Juve (they've been doing that for many years now).
On the other hand, they are also the first ones who know how Buffon, Ronaldinho, Drogba etc are just about to sign for Milan.
If we trust Gazzetta Ronaldinho signed for Milan 10 times already, Buffon signed 5 times and Shevchenko never left Milan.
Of all the stories that came from Gazzetta , not more than 1% became a reality.

5. Corriello
- I guess you mean Corriere ? Corriere dello sport ?
Awful source, simply awful.
They never quote club officials and they simply invent their stories.
Actually, to be honest, they don't invent stories but they are a newspaper of the "theories".
They don't write "Ronaldinho will sign for Milan". Instead they work on a story and they try to find a logical reason why would Ronaldinho go to Milan.
Kinda like "Ronaldinho didn't extend his contract with Barcelona, he's not playing there and there is a big possibility that he's going to leave. Milan are interested, they have many Brasilians so maybe Milan will be his next club".
They do that with every single player

6. Channel4 and Calciomercato
- This aren't bad sources. They simply sumarize the news of the day. If Gazzetta, Tuttosport, Corriere, the Sun, Marca, AS write something about transfers, Channel4 and Calciomercato put these stories on their sites , always mentioning where did they take the article from.
I like both these sites because you can read where does the article come from and you can see if it's a serious source they took it from or it's not a serious source.

7. Goal.com
- They do pretty much the same thing as Channel4 and Calciomercato but they take most of their stories from some unreliable sites and that's why goal.com is a joke.

8. Tribalfootball-The worst of the bunch. They just invent stories.

I don't know about the other sites because i don't visit them at all.
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 13:17   #5170

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Again, we spent nine million, not seven million. That's by no means cheap (it's not horrendously expensive like Alves but you see my point). And his wages are higher than average. My post is not wrong and I stand by everything I say. I know very well how transfers work. Nice try.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you all day.

Anyways, I'd much rather not talk to you in the future.
So after all this you adopt the arrogant stance after I extend the olive branch?

Cost of top rated defenders (unless you think we shouldn't go after the top)
Zambrotta was signed for 7Million POUNDS Click here
Ferdinand 33m
Alves 23m
Thuram 22m
Nesta 19m
Staam 17m
Samuel 17m
Cannavaro 13.7m

^ The above list tells me that great defenders co$t

Campbell was free (my bad )

@ Warro thanks for the correction. Of course I wouldn't know what happend behind the scenes unless someone is called out publicly like what happens to me. Nevertheless respect meh brethren
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 13:28   #5171

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
You forgot someone, Dru :
Real bought Pepe for 30m eur
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 13:29   #5172

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
So after all this you adopt the arrogant stance after I extend the olive branch?

Cost of top rated defenders (unless you think we shouldn't go after the top)
Zambrotta was signed for 7Million POUNDS Click here
Ferdinand 33m
Alves 23m
Thuram 22m
Nesta 19m
Staam 17m
Samuel 17m
Cannavaro 13.7m

^ The above list tells me that great defenders co$t

Campbell was free (my bad )

@ Warro thanks for the correction. Of course I wouldn't know what happend behind the scenes unless someone is called out publicly like what happens to me. Nevertheless respect meh brethren
Thuram is one of the worst defenders I've seen as of late. To call him great... did you see how absent minded he was in the game against Holland? Sure he was ONCE great. But he's 36 years old if I'm right...

Either way, I see nothing arrogant about not wanting to talk to you anymore.

And like it or not, Zambrotta isn't washed up, thrust.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 13:33   #5173

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Thuram is one of the worst defenders I've seen as of late. To call him great... did you see how absent minded he was in the game against Holland? Sure he was ONCE great. But he's 36 years old if I'm right...

Either way, I see nothing arrogant about not wanting to talk to you anymore.
When did you start watching football ?
I'm asking seriously.

Thuram was a hell of a defender, among the best 3 in the world in the period from 1998-2006.
When Juve bought him he was a great defender, he wasn't a useless and slow old man like he's today and those ~20m euro were a great piece of bussines done by Moggi because Thuram deserved every single penny payed for him.
So why not calling Thuram a GREAT ?
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 13:34   #5174

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29. View Post
When did you start watching football ?
I'm asking seriously.

Thuram was a hell of a defender, among the best 3 in the world in the period from 1998-2006.
When Juve bought him he was agreat defender, he wasn't a useless, slow old man like he's today and those ~20m euro were a great piece of bussines done by Moggi because Thuram deserved every single penny payed for him.
Now for more insults.

I started watching when I was quite young, and I do remember the 1994 world cup quite well.

Was. He was. I even said he was once great. Read my entire post instead making assumptions.

But he's far from that now. His defending in this Euro Cup has been nothing less than horrendous.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 15-06-2008, 13:36   #5175

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29. View Post
When did you start watching football ?
I'm asking seriously.

Thuram was a hell of a defender, among the best 3 in the world in the period from 1998-2006.
When Juve bought him he was a great defender, he wasn't a useless and slow old man like he's today and those ~20m euro were a great piece of bussines done by Moggi because Thuram deserved every single penny payed for him.
So why not calling Thuram a GREAT ?
awwww Tony you HAD to spoil it huh He didn't know the transfer fee was what Juve paid for him...I was going to have soooo much fun and now you killed it Apparently Moggi is used to buying overrated fossils too but it IS funny the way he skipped past everyone and singled out the ex-zebra apparently I made a list of one
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.

Last edited by drucurl; 15-06-2008 at 13:38.
drucurl is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:23.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.