AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-06-2008, 06:11   #5236

rinogattuso

Registered User
 
rinogattuso's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2007
Location: BiH
Fave Players: Rino,Ricky,Sandro & Pirlo
rinogattuso is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme C View Post
I rate him, he and Antonini killed us on the left hand side when we played against Empoli.

Does anyone here know the full line up of the italian side from the Toulon Tournament? Were being linked with the Left back, Bocchetti this morning.
Player from seria B,Frossione one of the best defenders i seria B!!He had good tackle and superior in jump but he can play on CB also,Abate is very good purchase for us,i praid that he will return to Milan
rinogattuso is offline  
Old 16-06-2008, 06:17   #5237

kris

Jedi Master
 
kris's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Viking land
Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
kris is on a distinguished road
Like many others I really want that CB to make us stronger, but I know that our market will mostly be rated and judged by whom the striker we buy will be.
Eto'o = awesome
Sheva = epic fail
__________________
If you are woman, PM me.
kris is offline  
Old 16-06-2008, 06:20   #5238

Gio-mania

Registered User
 
Gio-mania's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2004
Fave Players: Kaká, Ringhio, Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi etc
Gio-mania is on a distinguished road
Can abate be that player many people in this thread have been talking about, aka someone who can replace seedorf and give both offensive and defensive support? Seeing as he is a side-midfielder, that is somewhat where we played seedorf in the 4-3-1-2 formation...
This article (gazzetta) talks about Inter's mercato, esp. their search for a winger. What i found most shocking was, however, the price that Roma would be willing to sell Mancini - € 13M + a player.... this is really low for a player like him. it is of course due to his contract expiring in the summer 2009. But imagine we switch the "player" to € 5-10M (or Brocchi, who they'd refuse) - that would be a nice signing. In case Abate isnt made for that role, esp. as his main role, Mancini would fill those requisites …
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Gio-mania is offline  
Old 16-06-2008, 06:52   #5239

hishamilan

Registered User
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: cairo,egypt
Fave Players: maldini pirlo
hishamilan is on a distinguished road
I bet we will be linked to cassano after the euros!!! after abate's amazing signing i hope we get marzoratte + guerci + young aubameyang ... this is my dream team ... i am sorry guys but i took 4 pills of sarcasm today !!!!!
hishamilan is offline  
Old 16-06-2008, 07:00   #5240

Stitch

Registered User
 
Stitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Sarajevo
Fave Players: San Paolo, MVB, Safet Susic, The Divine Ponytail
Stitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hishamilan View Post
I bet we will be linked to cassano after the euros!!! after abate's amazing signing i hope we get marzoratte + guerci + young aubameyang ... this is my dream team ... i am sorry guys but i took 4 pills of sarcasm today !!!!!
I'm pretty sure you're wrong about Cassano He just completed his move to Sampdoria a couple of weeks ago (he was on loan from Real Madrid).
__________________
YES DZEKO !!!!!!!

www.fksinfo.com
Stitch is offline  
Old 16-06-2008, 07:21   #5241

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Hey guys thanks for the support The way we behaved today is how the forum should always be (i.e. sticking up for eachother) Thanks rt9, stitch Gio-mania, remote2book and anyone else who I forgot

So far all my mercato hopefuls have either been underwhelming (Lahm) or downright rubbish (Gomez, Quaresma) But I don't feel too bad....all the Benzema groupies are going atm Veloso, Moutinho haven't impressed....Cech has made high profile errors...actually only Podolski, Miguel have looked the bill as possible transfers...unless Berlu is engineering the greatest transfer coup in history to get us Villa or CR7 I really don't mind having Podolsko though as he is extremely versatile and most importantly FAST

Mrki keeps pleading and no one listens but he IS right WE NEED SPEED. Enough with the "all tactical" players already. My suggestion is a guy from Portugal....I can't remember his name atm but I'm pretty sure it starts with a "Q"
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 16-06-2008, 07:27   #5242

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
While others here may prefer Quaresma, I am not at all upset with Abate's capture.

I am always happy when Milan aquire Italian talent, as long as the gap between the aquisition and other options on the market isn't that significant (cue several responses from "lake of pitch" country to the defense of Super Quaresma)

While it might be silly to compare these players, my defense is that we are, after all, in silly season.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 16-06-2008, 07:33   #5243

kris

Jedi Master
 
kris's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Viking land
Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
kris is on a distinguished road
Instead of Miguel Veloso I would be interested in seeing us acquire Inler from Udinese.
__________________
If you are woman, PM me.
kris is offline  
Old 16-06-2008, 07:39   #5244

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
If you want speed, you have now Abate !!

It's true we need one or two players who can run very "fastly" (this word sounds weird to me lol) ... but if they walk like Seedorf, their speed will be useless !! lol

The best would be a guy who runs very very fastly in our defense (so the most probable would have been a side-Back but we won't get any new, I don't know any CB running really fast** ??), one in our midfield (now Abate + Kaka' when he has the ball) and one in our attack.

** and who is a good CB too lol
GeoTav is offline  
Old 16-06-2008, 07:44   #5245

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
While others here may prefer Quaresma, I am not at all upset with Abate's capture.

I am always happy when Milan aquire Italian talent, as long as the gap between the aquisition and other options on the market isn't that significant (cue several responses from "lake of pitch" country to the defense of Super Quaresma)

While it might be silly to compare these players, my defense is that we are, after all, in silly season.
No defense here. As much as I like him it's far time that he steps up....less talented players like Ribery are making waves because of their sheer determination. Abate IS great and from what I heard IS very fast (finally) and is good on the wing. He mightn't be making waves in the media but if you want good football his acquisition will probably suit us better than the metro guy. Dennilson was one of the most talented footballers ever but never applied himself. I hope Quaresma and Cassano will wake up one day and set the world on fire but until then Milan must progress
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 16-06-2008, 07:48   #5246

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
So for moment, our team is:

GK - Kalac, Dida, Storari, Abbiati
Defense - Oddo, Zambrotta, Bonera, Nesta, Kaladze, Maldini, Jankulovski, Antonini, Favalli
Midfield - Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Flamini, Emerson, Brocchi, Abate, Kaka', Seedorf
Attack - Pato, Inzaghi, Borriello, Paloschi

Sold/Loaned/Retired - Cafu, Serginho, Gilardino, Gourcuff

Would be good if people update that list sometimes lol !!

By looking at that list and by knowing that our management said that we will have a team composed of approximately 24/25 players, and to finish by knowing that they seemingly try to get a CB, maybe a GK, even if no news since Abbiati came back and the end of Lloris story, and someone in front (offensive midfielder and/or striker), we can already try to know who will be the next to leave:
- At least 1 GK of course, probably 2 GKs if we buy one
- 1 midfielder (my 2 cents on Brocchi lol)
- 1 striker unless Paloschi stays as a "joker" for "money time" of important matches or to allow Pato/Inzaghi or others to have some rest
GeoTav is offline  
Old 16-06-2008, 07:48   #5247

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
If you want speed, you have now Abate !!

It's true we need one or two players who can run very "fastly" (this word sounds weird to me lol) ... but if they walk like Seedorf, their speed will be useless !! lol

The best would be a guy who runs very very fastly in our defense (so the most probable would have been a side-Back but we won't get any new, I don't know any CB running really fast** ??), one in our midfield (now Abate + Kaka' when he has the ball) and one in our attack.

** and who is a good CB too lol
I always thought of Nesta as being rather fast for a defender....If we get Zapata...I've heard people speak glowingly about his pace we'd be ok....IF we got a speedster like Alves we'd RULE!!
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 16-06-2008, 07:55   #5248

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
I always thought of Nesta as being rather fast for a defender....If we get Zapata...I've heard people speak glowingly about his pace we'd be ok....IF we got a speedster like Alves we'd RULE!!
Yep, no, I don't know actually ... I don't know when we can say that a defender (defenser ?) is fast, so I'll let all of you judge yourself about that lol.
I never thought Nesta was/is really fast, he's "just" smart, he knows where to be, like Maldini and other great(est) CB. So even if the guy in front of him runs a lot faster than him, he is rarely beaten because he's always right-placed on the pitch to stop him.
GeoTav is offline  
Old 16-06-2008, 08:10   #5249

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTav View Post
Yep, no, I don't know actually ... I don't know when we can say that a defender (defenser ?) is fast, so I'll let all of you judge yourself about that lol.
I never thought Nesta was/is really fast, he's "just" smart, he knows where to be, like Maldini and other great(est) CB. So even if the guy in front of him runs a lot faster than him, he is rarely beaten because he's always right-placed on the pitch to stop him.
Nope I think Maldini WAS fast back in the day.....but fast defenders are not necessarily the best.....all a good attacker has to do is send you the wrong way and you're screwed....Cannavaro has a bit of zip to him too but I don't want him here.
There's a little guy in Brazil (I think he's playing in France atm) named Rathino.......like Quaresma he has it all but hasn't come good on his talent as yet...I wonder if Leonardo is scouting on him??
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 16-06-2008, 08:23   #5250

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Eduardo Ratinho is a 20yo RB from Brazil (Corinthians). He has been loaned to Toulouse in January 2008. His loan contract lasts 18 months and Toulouse has an option to buy him ...

So it would be difficult for us to buy him now I think, because that would mean that his loan contract would have to be broken and then he would have to be sold ... no way this can happen. The only solution to take someone in this situation is to give money to Toulouse to buy him and make them loaning him to us, and then let us buying him.
GeoTav is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:40.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.