AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-06-2008, 18:36   #5506

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
ITALIANS LAST LONGER AS PLAYERS. Don't you get it? Zambrotta has 5-6 years left in him I think... hell look at Costacurta. Or Maldini that's still there. He is WORLD CLASS FLAT OUT. Realize with how player treatment has improved in the last few years, especially Italians, can last longer until their late 30s. Maybe they'll retire from the national team like Maldini, but they can continue playing at respectable rates.

Be very happy we got him! He's no temporary fix. He's a fix that will be there for years to come. Temporary fix...? Are you joking?

Nope. He's going to play with Milan at least 5 seasons.
thats nationalist propoganda. What are you going to say next?

What about oddo then? He was best RB in italy for a few years. saw huge decline when he went over 30. Sure he's smart, and can still make good tackles, but he doesnt race down flank anymore or cross well.

I hope you're right. but its really more the exception than the fact

Last edited by Jeff; 17-06-2008 at 19:02. Reason: Edit to remove irrelevant language.
Milano84 is offline  
Old 17-06-2008, 18:38   #5507

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
thats nationalist propoganda. What are you going to say next?

What about oddo then? He was best RB in italy for a few years. saw huge decline when he went over 30. Sure he's smart, and can still make good tackles, but he doesnt race down flank anymore or cross well.

I hope you're right. but its really more the exception than the fact
What am I going to say next? Zambrotta is NOT declining. In fact he's recovering from that horrendous experience he had with Barcelona. This isn't nationalist propaganda or anything. I'll say Brazilians last pretty long too though not as long as Italians... take Cafu and Serginho... either way, Zambrotta has at least 5 seasons with Milan in the books.

Zambrotta was fast. Did you just not watch the game? This isn't about exceptions.

Barcelona treats their players like dogs.

Last edited by Jeff; 17-06-2008 at 19:02. Reason: Edited quote.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 17-06-2008, 18:41   #5508

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Giancarlo and Milano84....lets keep it civil and "G" rated please? Thanks.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 17-06-2008, 18:46   #5509

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
I didn't swear once, and nor did I accuse anyone of anything (like saying they are spewing nationalist propaganda).

My opinions were reinforced today. I'm done here.

I'm very happy... with a huge smile and ready to party it up tonight!
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 17-06-2008, 18:52   #5510

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
I didn't swear once, and nor did I accuse anyone of anything (like saying they are spewing nationalist propaganda).

My opinions were reinforced today. I'm done here.

I'm very happy... with a huge smile and ready to party it up tonight!
Nope but u did use caps unnecessairily...I am not trying to be overbearing, just trying to maintain the peace.

I too am celebrating the Azzurri win...congrats..lets hope they can get past Spain without Pirlo...and Rino.
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 17-06-2008, 18:53   #5511

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
Nope but u did use caps unnecessairily...I am not trying to be overbearing, just trying to maintain the peace.

I too am celebrating the Azzurri win...congrats..lets hope they can get past Spain without Pirlo...and Rino.
Sorry I'm just really happy... Idon't mean to be overbearing...

It's just that... Italy... the last time they have beat France by a goal win (without PKs) was in 1978... I wasn't even born then... my dad barely remembers that world cup...
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 17-06-2008, 19:04   #5512

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Zambro did have a good game but bear in mind that France is one man down (and he has more space to run into on the right).

Glad his form is going up.
Jeff is offline  
Old 17-06-2008, 19:05   #5513

hitmannq8

Registered User
 
hitmannq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
hitmannq8 is on a distinguished road
Woah I'm on Cloud 9 right now, and so is everyone in Little Italy, Montreal! We flooded the streets with the Italian flags and made alotta noise..damn it feels good to see them win after so long. Toni had a great game contrary to what some think..yes he missed alot but no other striker could get in those positions like Toni can.

Warro, no bro, I havent been to Jamaica just yet but soon, real soon!

Veloso rumours are heating up. It's also kinda liike those Hugo Viana rumours a couple of years ago. His price tag is what - 20m pounds? They really think we're gonna spend that amount for him? If Pato was bought for 20m pounds, then if this guy has a price tag like that he should be better than Pato (which he isnt).

Cassano - can't we get him? This guy is exactly what we need!
hitmannq8 is offline  
Old 17-06-2008, 19:09   #5514

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
I'm with you, htmann... we should get Cassano... before Juve tries to get him... its our chance. I think Toni did hold the ball well and did pretty well... but darn it... he should of slotted it in the back of the net when he had the chance. That made me extremely nervous...

Anyways, as far as Veloso... that would be a good buy to bring even more youth into our team... but I'm sure most agree with me, we need a world class striker...
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 17-06-2008, 19:58   #5515

payne

Registered User
 
payne's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: Jamaica
Fave Players: VDV, Thiago Silva, Hazard, Rui Costa
payne is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
just watched netherlands game.... ibrahim afellay? I've never heard of him but he looked good. Looked him up. he's 22 and plays for psv. Anyone have an opinion on him because i thought he looked VERY good. I imagine he could be a steal
i know him alright, great pace, all round midfielder, i posted on somewher around page 30 about him, but everybody had shut me down.
__________________
Galliani here is the plan
  • Sell:Kaladze, Boriello, Janku, Oddo, Gennaro, Gattuso, Seedorf
  • Buy:VDV/Drenthe and Dos Santos
payne is offline  
Old 17-06-2008, 22:28   #5516

Gabriel489

Registered User
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Fave Players: Captain Maldini
Gabriel489 is on a distinguished road
If I have to choose between Veloso and Cigrani, I will choose Cigrani simply b/c he is Italian and Milan is an Italian team. Having said that I do rate Veloso higher than Cigrani b/c he can play well in more than one position. Actually, Veloso is a younger version of Kaladaze.
Gabriel489 is offline  
Old 17-06-2008, 22:49   #5517

remote2book

Registered User
 
remote2book's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Fave Players: ALL milan players, juninho, benzema
remote2book is on a distinguished road
so i dont think there is any way we will be getting Adebayor as expected wenger has told us to not even try to bid for him
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=741050
__________________
"It is the team of my heart and colors of my soul"---Cesare Maldini Forza Milan for life

Inchinati al diavolo
remote2book is offline  
Old 17-06-2008, 23:08   #5518

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
does anyone else find it funny wenger sent that DAY france got embarassed by ital (lets be honest... should ahve been 4 or 5 to 0 if toni was on...
Milano84 is offline  
Old 17-06-2008, 23:27   #5519

Peachtot

Registered User
 
Peachtot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2001
Fave Players: San Marco, Zvone Boban
Peachtot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by payne View Post
i know him alright, great pace, all round midfielder, i posted on somewher around page 30 about him, but everybody had shut me down.
no at all.. i'm also with you mate
__________________
In my solitude night, I dream on you..
In my busy working day, I'm thinking of you..
In my every single holy prayer, mostly I call ur name..
Oh LOrd, if this one isn't coming from Thou, set us far away...
But if she is, tie us and bless with Thy shiny face...
Peachtot is offline  
Old 18-06-2008, 00:20   #5520

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
Woah I'm on Cloud 9 right now, and so is everyone in Little Italy, Montreal! We flooded the streets with the Italian flags and made alotta noise..damn it feels good to see them win after so long. Toni had a great game contrary to what some think..yes he missed alot but no other striker could get in those positions like Toni can.

Warro, no bro, I havent been to Jamaica just yet but soon, real soon!

Veloso rumours are heating up. It's also kinda liike those Hugo Viana rumours a couple of years ago. His price tag is what - 20m pounds? They really think we're gonna spend that amount for him? If Pato was bought for 20m pounds, then if this guy has a price tag like that he should be better than Pato (which he isnt).

Cassano - can't we get him? This guy is exactly what we need!
Cassano is a great player and the only player that can really play that AM role for Italy at the moment. He needs to start the remainder of the games...beautiful play from him again today. Doubt we'll get him due to his temper issues...
Mystik is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.