AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-06-2008, 14:12   #5791

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
i get what he's trying to do...like giancarlo said put up a 'smoke screen'. I just dont respect deceptiveness like that. anyone who has worked in a place w/ people who do similar things can attest to it being poor business ethics. I dont see it as much different than what real madrid r doing w/ ronaldo which i find equally disgusting.

I wish he'd just keep quiet on milan's business, or if he is interested answer it straight and to the point w/o retarded comments like 'barcelona is an expensive boutique' etc

the other option is he's dead serious....which is a FAR FAR bigger problem
Unfortunately it may be the only way to get a striker without some other team ruining the deal. I'm sure there are more strikers in the books. It's not poor business ethics. This is a typical tactical move that happens all the time in the market. Just take a look at Yahoo and Microsoft.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 19-06-2008, 14:15   #5792

jtelly

Registered User
 
jtelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2007
Location: Chicago, USA
Fave Players: Maldini
jtelly is on a distinguished road
Either way, he's sputtering like a damn fool.
'We are in negotiations with Arsenal, who are not willing to sell at the moment,' he continued.
'We'll see how far we can get with our offer. If the English club still don't want to sell, then too bad.'
Too bad...for who? For Arsenal, who keep a player who has repeatedly said he wants to stay. For us, who get another BS bunch of lies from our main man, the king of transfers? Pretty good tactic, putting all of our eggs in with a team and player who don't want to leave. I didn't know einstein had been reincarnated as a bald italian!
jtelly is offline  
Old 19-06-2008, 14:17   #5793

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Well I of course disagree, but we will see in the end. We like it or not, have been the most active in the transfer season by far. That's a fact.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 19-06-2008, 14:20   #5794

jtelly

Registered User
 
jtelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2007
Location: Chicago, USA
Fave Players: Maldini
jtelly is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
It's not poor business ethics. This is a typical tactical move that happens all the time in the market. Just take a look at Yahoo and Microsoft.
The Yahoo/Microsoft attempted merger has been one of the most shockingly awful displays of a deal. It has been constantly ridiculed, shareholders of yahoo and microsoft are pissed, and both sides now are trying to do damage control...not a great analogy for our tactics, methinks.
jtelly is offline  
Old 19-06-2008, 14:22   #5795

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtelly View Post
The Yahoo/Microsoft attempted merger has been one of the most shockingly awful displays of a deal. It has been constantly ridiculed, shareholders of yahoo and microsoft are pissed, and both sides now are trying to do damage control...not a great analogy for our tactics, methinks.
Both companies were throwing each other off, and Yahoo I don't think wanted a merger to begin with.

I just simplly can't agree with the assessments that people throw on Milan's management. It's inappropriate, inaccurate and simply not true.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 19-06-2008, 14:25   #5796

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtelly View Post
The Yahoo/Microsoft attempted merger has been one of the most shockingly awful displays of a deal. It has been constantly ridiculed, shareholders of yahoo and microsoft are pissed, and both sides now are trying to do damage control...not a great analogy for our tactics, methinks.
hah beat me to it....we shall see. i just dont like seeing quotes like ancelotti wanted boruc and zapata, but we told him they cost too much. i mean its 1 thing if he wasking for ronaldo at 70 mil. but 2 players. 1 a world class gk and the other a potential wc CB at reasonable market prices...just sounds silly. Heres a bad analogy, but its like the guy who has sex w/ a girl then publicizes it to anyone who listens....

ps whats going on w/ portugal.
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 19-06-2008, 14:28   #5797

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
I just simplly can't agree with the assessments that people throw on Milan's management. It's inappropriate, inaccurate and simply not true.
i dont understand this. Inaccurate, our last few mercatos r example of it being accurate.

innapropriate? how so. I'm a strong STRONG believer in always questioning those in charge. Complacency in a system and blindly following, leads to tyranny and well.... getting screwed over
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 19-06-2008, 14:28   #5798

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
i dont understand this. Inaccurate, our last few mercatos r example of it being accurate.

innapropriate? how so. I'm a strong STRONG believer in always questioning those in charge. Complacency in a system and blindly following, leads to tyranny and well.... getting screwed over
Look at the current one and stop complaining to everyone on here. There is no complaceny here.

I'm not going to get into yet another argument with you. I simply don't agree with your comments one bit. In fact, I view them contrary to the truth right now as we are acquiring a great deal of players.

You're the same person who called me a fascist a few pages back and no warning was given to you.

Prove me wrong.

And if you can't be an adult I won't talk to you.

Last edited by Giancarlo; 19-06-2008 at 14:33.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 19-06-2008, 14:31   #5799

Tony75

Registered User
 
Tony75's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Fave Players: Pato, Silva, Abate
Tony75 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK View Post
Pirlo29, I haven't been that impressed by him so far. He punches too much for me and looks dodgy on crosses.
Let's stick with can't catch, doda, & il gobbi.

I've being impressed with Akinfeev, a 22 year old who commands his defence well.

Sure we've been the most active, but even with an electric shock a dead person can sometimes move.

When the big boys get into gear, what then??
__________________
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The next best time is right now.
Tony75 is offline  
Old 19-06-2008, 14:36   #5800

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
You're the same person who called me a fascist a few pages back and no warning was given to you.

Prove me wrong.

And if you can't be an adult I won't talk to you.
i question management, you tell me i'm wrong w/ no defense. act like a 2 year old and throw a temper tantrum. you do it to multiple member of this forum who QUESTION your thoughts.

difference is i tried ot have a civilized argument w/ you. I like to speak to people who have differing views to me, so to see all perspectives... you seem to not like that and take deep personal offense.

I apologize for calling u a fascist but i was getting very pissed. Sorry to reference a political movement based upon ubernationalism and believe that everything you're country does is divine and not be wronged..... obviously i was drawing no parallel to that and how you were posting. it was just silly name calling. UNFOUNDED
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 19-06-2008, 14:38   #5801

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
k I'm off to lunch. I dont really care if i get banned from this forum. If i cant express my views in a rationalized civil argument, i dont really want to be here.

I dont think i'm in anyway out of line though
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 19-06-2008, 14:41   #5802

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
i question management, you tell me i'm wrong w/ no defense. act like a 2 year old and throw a temper tantrum. you do it to multiple member of this forum who QUESTION your thoughts.

difference is i tried ot have a civilized argument w/ you. I like to speak to people who have differing views to me, so to see all perspectives... you seem to not like that and take deep personal offense.

I apologize for calling u a fascist but i was getting very pissed. Sorry to reference a political movement based upon ubernationalism and believe that everything you're country does is divine and not be wronged..... obviously i was drawing no parallel to that and how you were posting. it was just silly name calling. UNFOUNDED
I just don't appreciate when someone says "forza mussolini" and refers to me. That disgusts me. I'm not acting like a 2 year old. In fact once someone calls another a fascist, they automatically lose the discussion (godwin's law I believe it's called). And while some question my thoughts (which is fine), others like you refer to the slander.

I have tried talking to you like a human being telling you we are acquiring players... I don't see how it is possible to not see that. I can list the players we have already acquired here. Only one is over the age of 30.

I'm not saying that my country does no wrong (it has done wrong in the past, and Mussolini was a monster did greats deal of wrong). I in no way am an ultra-nationalist. I'm a moderate.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 19-06-2008, 14:47   #5803

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK View Post
GeoTav, I think we can afford to let Favalli go as we have Antonini. Now although Jankulovski has played ok in the Euros, he didn't have a great season with us and i think we should get a new starting left-back because ...
Yes, but if we take a new LB, it would have sense only if we let going Jankulovski, and if the guy is better than Jankulovski (and less injury prone). If we keep Janku, there's no need to take someone new, umh "need" is not the right word, there is no interest to take someone new as we have Antonini who just arrived and Favalli who extended his contract (so he won't retire, because let's be serious one second lol, the only way to "remove" Favalli in the team is that he retires, no other club will buy him).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_UK
we have Zambrotta for right-back
Sorry, I'm tired nowadays !! lol
GeoTav is offline  
Old 19-06-2008, 14:49   #5804

zafrul

Registered User
 
zafrul's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2000
Location: Kuala Lumpur
zafrul
Giancarlo, are you an inter fan?

You seem to pick fights with everyone, furthermore, you seem to be the only one that has a completely different view to everyone else.

I see you're new to this forum, i have to wonder...

Almost 99% of milan fans are pretty cheesed off with the management, it's an easy sore point, big open target to get under our skin...
zafrul is offline  
Old 19-06-2008, 14:51   #5805

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zafrul View Post
Giancarlo, are you an inter fan?

You seem to pick fights with everyone, furthermore, you seem to be the only one that has a completely different view to everyone else.

I see you're new to this forum, i have to wonder...

Almost 99% of milan fans are pretty cheesed off with the management, it's an easy sore point, big open target to get under our skin...
I'm not that new. I think some people exaggerate and make accusations, as you did. 99%? Wow sounds like something Secco would say. Are you a Juve fan?

I view the situation differently, and I see we ARE acquiring new players. Like it or not.
Giancarlo is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:27.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.