AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-06-2008, 12:52   #5941

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anonymous View Post
I think his point was it didn't take "serious" or extremely difficult negotiations to make any of those transfers happen.
Also Leonardo was the one more than anyone else who convinced/put together the Pato deal.
Galiani shouldn't receive the praise for the Pato deal.
Leonardo is the transfer Guru when it comes to most young Brazilians that arrive...esspecially if they're playing in Brazil at the time we purchase them.
And if it doesn't take difficult or serious negotiations what's the problem? We have some useful players in the process.

And I must reiterate my point about the transfer season opening on July 1st and the fact that many of the players that we need are playing in the Euro cup... I'm all for Leonardo doing more and I'm sure he will this season. Hernanes is one I want to see play at Milan... though I think Barfaloma are trying to get him...

Last edited by Giancarlo; 20-06-2008 at 12:54.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 20-06-2008, 13:04   #5942

Ghost

Registered User
 
Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
Ghost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtelly View Post
I think eto'o would be part of a swap for ade, Milano
Doubt that, If Arsene wanted him that badly he would have asked him last year in the Henry deal.
Ghost is offline  
Old 20-06-2008, 13:05   #5943

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anonymous View Post
I think his point was it didn't take "serious" or extremely difficult negotiations to make any of those transfers happen.
Also Leonardo was the one more than anyone else who convinced/put together the Pato deal.
Galiani shouldn't receive the praise for the Pato deal.
Leonardo is the transfer Guru when it comes to most young Brazilians that arrive...esspecially if they're playing in Brazil at the time we purchase them.
agreed.

Although i think abate and antonini may be useful squad players. (i dont rate borriello well at all). Zambrotta we know what we'll get...a class FB, and flamini fills a position we r well stocked at... although i do think hes an upgrade. we still dont have those major signings we need to make up 21 point gap. Unlike a cup, league is all about consistancy. going to palermo and winning. Beating atalanta. not dropping points to lower sides....Our team was marred w/ inconsistency upfront and in the back.

We need a top class striker to SCORE consistently and demand attention so kaka isnt triple marked. We need a class defender and keeper to stablize our defense which is close to being back to where it was.

I would like to see another creative mid to give us more options. But first two things i mentioned r higher priorities.

I understand ur point that market is till august 31 and thats a great point, but past markets r what has brought this pessimism. promised signing of ronaldinho and eto'o and henry which never happened. Its the same rhetoric which milan fans have growed tired of.

When galliani makes stupid statements like adebayor or no1. It just leaves bad feeling in my mouth, and ive just lost faith he'll deliver the 2-3 more players we need to realistically win serie A
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 20-06-2008, 13:05   #5944

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Doubt that, If Arsene wanted him that badly he would have asked him last year in the Henry deal.
definately wenger would take the money and poach 4-5 youth players from poorer countries teams
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 20-06-2008, 13:10   #5945

zafrul

Registered User
 
zafrul's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2000
Location: Kuala Lumpur
zafrul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Who cares if we got Flamini for free? Or got those other players back on loan? At least we're getting a lot of new players unlike some other teams I know. How many players has Inter acquired as of today? I've checked Wikipedia and its says ZERO.

Borriello, Abate and Antonini can be very useful for our team.

And Galliani has done major negotiations in the past... for example for Pato (which was a huge transaction for a young player like that).

We have been the most active team market wise... some other teams really haven't done anything.

And let me remind all of you , technically the transfer market does not open until July 1st. When July 1st comes rolling around you'll see major activity. I'm not expecting any major activity right now especially with regards to players involved with the Euro Cup.
Inter has a team that out scored us by 20 points... they don't need to dive into the transfer market... They already have a huge team, too big if you were to ask me...

But they did something quite important... brought in this guy called Mourinho... I wouldn't under-estimate him if i were you...

Well, everyone is hoping that Galliani finally does his job, coz we haven't had anything remotely near to a good transfer season for a few years now... I don't mind you giving me 10 "i-told-you-so" if july 1 comes, and we announce new players...

but till then, i think it's frustrating times for 150% of milan fans...
zafrul is offline  
Old 20-06-2008, 13:15   #5946

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
not 180% :-)
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 20-06-2008, 13:17   #5947

zafrul

Registered User
 
zafrul's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2000
Location: Kuala Lumpur
zafrul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
not 180% :-)
I was at 99%... I'm slowly getting there...
zafrul is offline  
Old 20-06-2008, 13:19   #5948

jtelly

Registered User
 
jtelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2007
Location: Chicago, USA
Fave Players: Maldini
jtelly is on a distinguished road
Another issue with saying "Transfer window ends Aug.31" is that the team needs time to gel; first practice is mid-july, and i'd like to see the core of our team in place so we're not dicking around the first month and a half of the season, dropping points and going for our almighty goal of 4th place by november.
Eto'o wasn't being publicly told he is surplus like this year; IF arsenal did business with barcelona for Ade, they would need someone to fill the gap, so there is some logic in it?!
jtelly is offline  
Old 20-06-2008, 13:20   #5949

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Since good things are to happen in July. I'm sending Galliani my wishlist (since my birthday is July 6th) ALL I want is Vargas, Zapata and Quaresma (Daniel Alves is gone and Bayern might most likely get Gomez) Only three little presents
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 20-06-2008, 13:22   #5950

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zafrul View Post
Inter has a team that out scored us by 20 points... they don't need to dive into the transfer market... They already have a huge team, too big if you were to ask me...

But they did something quite important... brought in this guy called Mourinho... I wouldn't under-estimate him if i were you...

Well, everyone is hoping that Galliani finally does his job, coz we haven't had anything remotely near to a good transfer season for a few years now... I don't mind you giving me 10 "i-told-you-so" if july 1 comes, and we announce new players...

but till then, i think it's frustrating times for 150% of milan fans...
If you read my comments on Mourinho you would know I despise him. He's overrated. Vastly overrated. I'm not gonna get into that again since this is not an Inter forum and I hate Inter.

We need to dethrone Inter and I think we are bringing in the players capable of doing it. We already have announced several signings/bringing back loaned out players...

While some don't like me saying tihs, I think some of the blame can go on the media for causing unnecessary drama (and I do admit Galliani is at fault too for some of it).
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 20-06-2008, 13:23   #5951

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
Since good things are to happen in July. I'm sending Galliani my wishlist (since my birthday is July 6th) ALL I want is Vargas, Zapata and Quaresma (Daniel Alves is gone and Bayern might most likely get Gomez) Only three little presents
Ask him van der vaart instead of quaresma
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 20-06-2008, 13:24   #5952

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
Ask him van der vaart instead of quaresma
Get your own birthday presents
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 20-06-2008, 13:28   #5953

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
If you read my comments on Mourinho you would know I despise him. He's overrated. Vastly overrated. I'm not gonna get into that again since this is not an Inter forum and I hate Inter.

We need to dethrone Inter and I think we are bringing in the players capable of doing it. We already have announced several signings/bringing back loaned out players...

While some don't like me saying tihs, I think some of the blame can go on the media for causing unnecessary drama (and I do admit Galliani is at fault too for some of it).
I agree 100% Giancarlo ...GREAT POST....I mean it's not like Mourinho won titles with a team that hadn't won in like I dunno....say FIFTY YEARS or won the UEFA Cup AND CL with a smaller Portuguese team - a feat which hasn't been done in over a decade...... Maybe if he were do do something FANTASTIC like this then maybe just maybe he might be worth something. Keep it up!
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 20-06-2008, 13:28   #5954

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
Get your own birthday presents
mines not till november! By then we'll be back 10 points sitting in 8th
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 20-06-2008, 13:29   #5955

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
I agree 100% Giancarlo ...GREAT POST....I mean it's not like Mourinho won titles with a team that hadn't won in like I dunno....say FIFTY YEARS or won the UEFA Cup AND CL with a smaller Portuguese team - a feat which hasn't been done in over a decade...... Maybe if he were do do something FANTASTIC like this then maybe just maybe he might be worth something. Keep it up!
Really? Cut the sarcasm.

When was the last time Mourinho won the CL with Chelsea? I could care less about Porto. I even consider Avram Grant a better coach than Mourinho. Don't be sarcastic with me. It simply doesn't work.
Giancarlo is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.