![]() |
|
|
#6046 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 10 2004
Location: Montreal, Kuwait
Fave Players: Kaka, Nesta, Rui Costa, Pato, Robinho
![]() |
rt9 raised some nice points that almost all of us share, but I prefer to wait a little longer before saying that they will not spend. I have a feeling that some spending will take place, what Galliani is saying is just him being himself - which is annoying at times.
and just a reply for those who keep arguing that Milan has significantly lowered the average age of the squad replacing Antonini and Abate for Serginho and Cafu -- I dont know, it seems like they are just doing that for the sake of 'lowering the average age'. I am not convinced these two players have what it takes to take Milan to a higher level than they already were. Abate may seem like a nice move, one like Gourcuff, or it could just be one to satisfy the UEFA rules of homegrown players. I wouldn't bet on Abate/Antonini starting over a fit Oddo/Jankulovski. Boriello/Abbiati are also two transfers that I really think is a step backwards. Boriello was tried in Milan more than once before, and the entire 2006 season and he failed to make an impression - I cannot see him doing it this time. Abbiati is the same calibre as Dida and Kalac - no upgrade there. I hope Dida leaves, he is not only a disgrace of a keeper, but of a person too. The way that he is chosing to stick to Milan and get every penny out of them is really low - given that Milan trusted Dida and were always behind him and even agreed to give him that contract in the first place. Zambrotta and Flamini are two world-class signings no doubt. We need to sign 4-5 more players of their calibre if we are looking forward to win both the Scudetto and UEFA cup (which definitely is in our reach, given that we do some spending). I dont think we will be signing anyone until the Euro is done. I also seem to have officially lost hope of us signing Balotelli so now I will settle for something like David Villa ![]() Last edited by ACMILAN1983; 21-06-2008 at 05:02. Reason: swearing |
|
|
|
|
#6047 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
![]() |
Modric? 16 mil pounds? I thought only Madrid can pay such silly amount of money!
|
|
|
|
|
#6048 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 09 2004
Fave Players: Kaká, Ringhio, Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi etc
![]() |
modric is that cheap!?!?!? would've expected something like 20-25M minimum.
but he did miss that penalty......
__________________
FORZA MILAN
|
|
|
|
|
#6049 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Skive
Fave Players: Kaka, Massaro, Ancelotti, Gullit, Sheva, Albertini
![]() |
Let's chalk the water out of the bin and sign a couple of players. Easily we mustn't forget that we need class.
Essien for the midfield. Such power and fuel. His working rage. Desire to win. |
|
|
|
|
#6050 | |
|
Moderator
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Macedonia
Fave Players: The one and only MALDINI
![]() |
Quote:
If Eduardo was sold around 12-14 mil euros than Modric is over priced, but thats tottnham, they are the ony one capable/stupid enough( read darren bent) to do that. But Modric is worth the risk IMO.
__________________
Adesso e piu bello vincere - Carlo Pellegati |
|
|
|
|
|
#6051 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
![]() |
Arshavin's been linked to us today thanks to Gazzetta and Ancelotti's comments, but for some reason I don't see us getting him, though I think he could be a great squad player for us (Hiddink said he's the most intelligent player he's ever coached).
Personally, I'm not disappointed in our signings so far, I think many of those signed are quality players that will strengthen our squad very well. Antonini strengthens our LB area (in depth) whilst Abate will offer us pace in wide areas, an option we've lacked in the past couple of years whilst Sergio has struggled. I do trust in these guys to provide good options for us. Let's not forget they have been two of Empoli's best players (along with Giovinco). Flamini and Zambro are two potential starters that have been brought in and both are superb players that will strengthen areas where we seriously struggled in the last season. Personally, these two signings are massive imo. Personally, if it were up to me we'd get a class GK (Boruc has impressed me most over the past couple of years), a new defender (Zapata is the name impressing most), an attacking midfielder (Arshavin would be a great signing) and a great forward. However, realistically I can see us looking to maybe get only some of these signings, looking to build more next summer. Most likely it seems we'll get a top level forward that can partner Pato. However, say we do get just a forward now (not that I think that's all we'll get), then the squad for the new season looks very strong, with a lineup something like (or at least what I'd like)... ----------------------Abbiati----------------------- Bonera------Nesta----------Kala/Maldini----Zambro- ------------Rino/Flam---------Ambro--------------- -----------------------Pirlo------------------------ ------------------------------Kaka----------------- ------------------Pato----------------------------- -------------------------CF------------------------ With these guys on the bench to cover... Kalac/Dida, Antonini, Oddo, Darmian, Kala/Maldini, Favalli, Rino/Fla, Brocchi/Emerson (I think one might leave), Janku, Abate, Seedorf, Pippo, Borri and others I might have missed. For this season, that's a strong squad to contend for trophies (I doubt UEFA cup will be aimed for as much as CL, so expect a little rotation). What's important is we'll have strong foundations in place for the future too. Say then we continue our rebuilding project next season too, bringing in some of the key names linked with us now like Veloso or Zapata, then you can see a very strong squad that can compete at all levels coming through again. Essentially, we still need to strengthen a great deal, and I expect at least the odd couple of signings yet. But don't expect all areas to get covered this summer, I have a feeling the project will span at least this summer and next. Last edited by ACMILAN1983; 21-06-2008 at 05:26. |
|
|
|
|
#6052 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
![]() |
Quote:
Premier League has so many advantages ... no club in world can compete with them, oups yes, nowadays Russian ones can. Spanish clubs have too some advantages on Italian ones. It has been shown by someone on the forum who put the way it works ... And not being in CL one year is not a problem, if it's so frustrating to finish 5th, just remember some years ago (like you've followed the club for more than 20 years) when the club did worst ... And Siregar I think asked why other big clubs always qualify ... Chelsea spent so much that not qualifying for CL each year would be a joke (look at before Abramovitch was there, it was just a decent club), MU/Liverpool/Arsenal had some years too with no CL, Barcelona too, it can happen to every club. Maybe some of you want to win everything every year but it can't happen (except if you play in Ligue 1 lol) ... |
|
|
|
|
|
#6053 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2003
Location: singapore
Fave Players: maldini/gattuso/shev
![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6054 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 07 2001
Location: England
![]() |
I disagree in that they are potential starters, they're good enough to start straight away. Which of our fullbacks is better than Zambrotta? Likewise Flamini is better than Brocchi & Emerson is more technical than either Gattuso or Ambrosini, plus the reason he should start (thus making it a choice between Ambrosini & Gattuso for the other spot) is because having both Gattuso & Ambrosini in the midfield is too limiting. There's not enough movement or creativity from them, as a pairing they are unfortunately too 1 dimensional.
Even though it's a semi tedious link, i'm quite happy with the Arshavin reports ![]()
__________________
... Is watching you ...
|
|
|
|
|
#6055 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
![]() |
Yes, it means nothing (Ancelotti being in the stadium of Russia-Sweden and saying that Arshavin was amazing) but at least, that shows that Ancelotti noticed that this player had something ...
Maybe one of our surprises of the mercato ? No too known even if he's introduced like the Russia leader ... we never were really linked with him, who knows ? Anyway, to come back to a previous discussion, people bashing our management never speak about players we could buy but only about players we didn't buy ... |
|
|
|
|
#6056 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 09 2004
Fave Players: Kaká, Ringhio, Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi etc
![]() |
Quote:
--- i say we have to get rid of those over paid oldies, and even if we dont replace them expensive star players, at least w/ good players from mid-table teams who wont take much for salaries. Dossena and Cigarini are two good examples... i'm sure many could come up with other names.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6057 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 09 2004
Fave Players: Kaká, Ringhio, Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi etc
![]() |
"La Gazzetta dello Sport"
In the next 2 days Inter should make an offer for Lampard - € 8.3 million (Ł 6.6 M)… that seems very low for him (eventhough he is 30). just updating and commenting on the European transfer market, as ours is still "Adebayor or nothing"... reports say he did send a letter to Wegner&Co to ask to be sold. Other reports say Barça already snatched him…
__________________
FORZA MILAN
|
|
|
|
|
#6058 | |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
![]() |
Quote:
Secondly I think Zambrotta will play RB while Jankulovski will be kept as starting LB. Oddo and Antonini will be their backups. Bonera will shift back to CB as sub for Nesta/Kala and Paolo will be a sub as well. The rest is fine I guess. |
|
|
|
|
|
#6059 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 03 2007
Location: Chicago, USA
Fave Players: Maldini
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#6060 |
|
Registered User
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
![]() |
Fresh from goal.com:
"Adebayor To Barcelona = Eto'o And Dinho To Milan - Bronzetti The Rossoneri have been after the Togolese hit-man since he impressed them during Arsenal's win over Milan in the Champions League. Adriano Galliani insists that his club are still after the player but reports claim he is heading for the Camp Nou. However, in another sharp twist to the story, Bronzetti claims that the Gunners want to sell Adebayor to Barcelona and he is advising Galliani to bide his time as he could get Samuel Eto'o and Ronaldinho on the cheap. “Let's say the possibilities are fifty fifty,” Bronzetti told Radio Radio. “It all depends on Adebayor but the thing is, Arsenal want to sell him to Barcelona and I have already heard they have agreed a deal with the player. “I know that Laporta wants to show the world he can bring in a great player but they can't unless they sell Ronaldinho and Eto'o. “I advise Milan to wait a little as they could get those two players on the cheap.” Milan could finance Barcelona's move for Adebayor if they buy 'Dinho and Eto'o from the Blaugrana. It seems as if Galliani doesn't want to do this because he would prefer to lure the Togolese hit-man over the other two players. Their could well be a bargain hunt on the horizon as Barcelona may be desperate for cash in order to sign the Arsenal star and, in turn, they could let 'Dinho and Eto'o go for less than expected to bring in the funds to go shopping in North London." - - - If this happens I'll build a monument in honour of the holy trinity: Berlusconi, Galliani and Bronzetti! Let it be! |
|
|