AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > COMMUNITY > International Tournaments

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-06-2008, 16:37   #676

pirlo29

Registered User
 
pirlo29's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Fave Players: Pirlo, Quaresma, Mascherano, Barzagli, Hunterlaar
pirlo29 is on a distinguished road
Deserved win for Spain against Italy tonight. Even though I supported Italy, its impossible for me to feel sorry for them now actually. They went out to get penalties from start and lost deservedly on penalties. Di Natale was really annoying to watch, mostly because of his antics. Thought Chiellini was a giant tonight and he is the only Italian player which came out of this match with some dignity left. Like I said, deserved win for the Spanish, but against Russia in semifinal wouldn't be a piece of cake at all !
pirlo29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2008, 16:37   #677

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Fabregas you little magician
Where was he?

I'm half Spanish, half ITalian, so I was split on this whole thing. I thought that was the most boring game i've seen from either side.... and in fact I thought both sides were wasteful. It's probably better Italian players get a rest.

And as far as Spain going any further than the next round... who do they face? The Germans? Or Russians?
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2008, 16:39   #678

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Deserved win for Spain BECAUSE they won the penalties NOT 'won' the game.

Yeah, that was a really boring game!
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2008, 16:40   #679

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
Deserved win for Spain BECAUSE they won the penalties NOT 'won' the game.

Yeah, that was a really boring game!
I ended up watching the discovery channel before the 2nd half of extra time. It was just that lousy.

And Spain seriously, wastes more chances than anyone I have seen. Their strikers are virtually incompetent. But I can say the same for Luca Toni too.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2008, 16:41   #680

t.gianni

Registered User
 
t.gianni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
t.gianni is on a distinguished road
The squad was a little lightweight. The only dependable striker was Toni who was just sloppy. I wish they had Inzaghi in there too. Italy defended ridiculously well however their finishing was not better.

Well, our players can return now and be fit and fresh for the next season. Not a great season for Italian football. Lippi just has to take over again and prepare for 2010 with a completely new team.
t.gianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2008, 16:41   #681

mly

Registered User
 
mly's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Fave Players: every Milan player+ some others
mly is on a distinguished road
I thought both teams were very very bad, I'm even going to say Spain was worse cause they weren't missing their biggest star and were never able to get it, while Italy had a plan that worked fine for the game, but in the end simply failed because those things always fail (and Italy sucks at penalties), maybe if they would have been more offensive minded they would have gotten away with it (defenetly if Pirlo would have played Italy would have won).
mly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2008, 16:43   #682

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mly View Post
I thought both teams were very very bad, I'm even going to say Spain was worse cause they weren't missing their biggest star and were never able to get it, while Italy had a plan that worked fine for the game, but in the end simply failed because those things always fail (and Italy sucks at penalties), maybe if they would have been more offensive minded they would have gotten away with it (defenetly if Pirlo would have played Italy would have won).
Exactly, and with that I agree.

There is a reason Pirlo was a three time man of the match in the world cup, and was the man of the match of the semi-final and final. It's my opinion he should have been the man of the world cup. His passing is bone crunching and that is something Italy lacked today. We better hope there is another star like Pirlo in the future.

And the performances of Spain was highly unconvincing. My prediction who takes this whole thing? Germany.

Well I'm off...
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2008, 16:44   #683

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
I am just wondering, if Toni was ever being subtituted in this tournament?

Thanks in advance for the answer.
Siregar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2008, 16:46   #684

mly

Registered User
 
mly's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2004
Fave Players: every Milan player+ some others
mly is on a distinguished road
I feel that had Italy won, and then Pirlo took over things, he might have had a chance at the Golden Ball...damn I still think about that play were Perrotta was injured and the french didn't threw the ball away and Pirlo had to stop the french player with that foul, it should have never happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
I am just wondering, if Toni was ever being subtituted in this tournament?

Thanks in advance for the answer.
No.
mly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2008, 17:02   #685

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
so many ifs and buts, but life moves on .
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2008, 17:55   #686

Ghost

Registered User
 
Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Fave Players: Bergkamp, v.Basten, v.Persie
Ghost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Where was he?
From where I was standing he bossed the midfield but you could say im slightly biased, what was heartbreaking was watching pirlo cry at then end - he probably blames himself after the suspension
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2008, 18:47   #687

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
Ghost don't bother it'll be difficult to convince many people here how great of a player Cesc is. I actually believe he's at least at Pirlo's level because what he lacks in free kicks he makes up in direct assists, goalscoring and consistency. You just can't go wrong with Fabregas. Great player.

Italy was just poor...never really looked like controlling the game and had a goal-shy striker up front. Don't know why you're gonna bring Borriello if he's not even gonna get 1 minute. I think Spain deserved it because they were actually looking like they were trying to do something while Italy were restricted to a few attacks.

It's not all bad news because Italy can look forward to a great future with those recent/current U-21 players maturing (the likes of Giovinco, Montolivo, Aquilani, Cigarini) plus a few players from the current squad like Cassano, Pirlo, De rossi, CHIELLINI etc. They can look forward to a good WC 2010.

P.S. What a great player Chiellini is...and to think he just left the U-21 team and was stopping Spanish attacks like he's been playing football forever.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2008, 18:58   #688

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
Ghost don't bother it'll be difficult to convince many people here how great of a player Cesc is. I actually believe he's at least at Pirlo's level because what he lacks in free kicks he makes up in direct assists, goalscoring and consistency. You just can't go wrong with Fabregas. Great player.

Italy was just poor...never really looked like controlling the game and had a goal-shy striker up front. Don't know why you're gonna bring Borriello if he's not even gonna get 1 minute. I think Spain deserved it because they were actually looking like they were trying to do something while Italy were restricted to a few attacks.

It's not all bad news because Italy can look forward to a great future with those recent/current U-21 players maturing (the likes of Giovinco, Montolivo, Aquilani, Cigarini) plus a few players from the current squad like Cassano, Pirlo, De rossi, CHIELLINI etc. They can look forward to a good WC 2010.

P.S. What a great player Chiellini is...and to think he just left the U-21 team and was stopping Spanish attacks like he's been playing football forever.
I'm biased towards Spain and Italy for that matter too... but this time I was split. I couldn't make a judgment. But I'm going to say this, Fabregas is NOT better than Pirlo in any sense.

Italy was no more poor than Spain. Spain's creativity up front was worse than Italys... and besides that chance by Senna (who is arguably was one of the better Spanish players), Spain looked dry. Spain not at any time looked like they were gonna score.

Frankly, neither side did and both sides should be ashamed of their performances.

None of the Spanish strikers could break through the Italian defense. It's a pity Italy's attack was not better... but hey Inzaghi would have been able to make use of those few chances better than Luca Toni.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2008, 19:05   #689

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
From where I was standing he bossed the midfield but you could say im slightly biased, what was heartbreaking was watching pirlo cry at then end - he probably blames himself after the suspension
I can feel that, and boy he is a Milan player... He must be wondering: If only I were on the pitch...
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2008, 19:18   #690

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
Sheesh Giancarlo before you start raging at least read the post properly. I didn't say he was better (although that is VERY arguable). Just to avoid controversy I said that he's AT LEAST at Pirlo's level. I didn't say he was better at all.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Tags
euro 2008, football, uefa


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.