AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-06-2008, 18:51   #6196

hwmook

Registered User
 
hwmook's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2003
Location: singapore
Fave Players: maldini/gattuso/shev
hwmook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
I'm going to get tortured for this but imo Arshavin is overrated, I've never been impressed with him.
Because you have never seen him play. His style is similar to kaka, if you don't like arshavin then you won't like how kaka play.
hwmook is offline  
Old 22-06-2008, 19:15   #6197

payne

Registered User
 
payne's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2008
Location: Jamaica
Fave Players: VDV, Thiago Silva, Hazard, Rui Costa
payne is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
I'm going to get tortured for this but imo Arshavin is overrated, I've never been impressed with him.
i dont know about arshavin, but Toni is the most over- rated player. and im a glad he didnt join milan, he is worse than Gila, he can only score on good crosses, he cannot make anything out of a bad cross, and without riery he definietly wouldnt score that much.
__________________
Galliani here is the plan
  • Sell:Kaladze, Boriello, Janku, Oddo, Gennaro, Gattuso, Seedorf
  • Buy:VDV/Drenthe and Dos Santos
payne is offline  
Old 22-06-2008, 19:25   #6198

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
I'm going to get tortured for this but imo Arshavin is overrated, I've never been impressed with him.
You didn't watch him a lot, that's for sure.
I believe he's great and Arsenal could finally win something if they get him. He's exactly what they need and he's much better than the Balarusian guy and the Spanish NT reserve midfielder.
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline  
Old 22-06-2008, 19:37   #6199

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by payne View Post
i dont know about arshavin, but Toni is the most over- rated player. and im a glad he didnt join milan, he is worse than Gila, he can only score on good crosses, he cannot make anything out of a bad cross, and without riery he definietly wouldnt score that much.
A bit over the top in my opinion. Toni certainly did not endear himself to the Azzurri faithful with some lumbering displays of calamity, but to say he is worse than Gila is an insult to Borriello. After all, Borriello is Toni's sub in the Italian national team and the player we look to have pinned our hopes on.

Toni's problem is that he has not played at the highest level. International football in my opinion is of a great standard, but it doesn't approach the level of the Champions League. Toni has yet to play a CL game, and given that he was a late bloomer it is easy to understand why. Definitely not a patch on Vieri in his prime (their attributes make it a logical comparison) but not as dismal as Gilardino.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 22-06-2008, 20:15   #6200

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Wow, I am sold on Arshavin. What an unbelievable player. For me, he's got the same level of influence on a game as Kaka, Messi, and R10 (at his prime). Even if we dont really need him (tactically speaking), I think we should still get him, because he is an absolute gem and players like that dont come along very often. From what I have seen, even a transfer fee approaching 30M would be acceptable for him (but unfortunately, or fortunately I dont know I'm not Berlusconi)..
rt9 is offline  
Old 22-06-2008, 21:01   #6201

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio-mania View Post
precisely.

he has only played for Kartalspor, and now Fenerbahçe (both Turkish teams).
He is a good keeper, maybe not the best, and 26. not sure whether he would join us or not, as Fener are in the CL, and have a bright future ahead - probably they could (/do) offer a similar salary?
I know who he is ... I was just asking why he would be an EU player. If he's from Turkey and nowhere else and never played anywhere else, he's not an EU player.

And GKs who take stupid red cards ... umh I'm not sure it could help him to be in Milan eyes nowadays lol.
GeoTav is offline  
Old 22-06-2008, 21:05   #6202

GeoTav

Registered User
 
GeoTav's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2008
Location: Dunkerque (France)
Fave Players: Almost all AC Milan players
GeoTav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt9 View Post
Wow, I am sold on Arshavin. What an unbelievable player. For me, he's got the same level of influence on a game as Kaka, Messi, and R10 (at his prime). Even if we dont really need him (tactically speaking), I think we should still get him, because he is an absolute gem and players like that dont come along very often. From what I have seen, even a transfer fee approaching 30M would be acceptable for him (but unfortunately, or fortunately I dont know I'm not Berlusconi)..
I still think we need a guy like him to replace Seedorf (or to allow Seedorf to replace him sometimes).

He's my first choice ... but just after, if Arshavin was too expensive, I'd like us to go for Rosina or Montolivo (or both).
GeoTav is offline  
Old 22-06-2008, 21:38   #6203

Mystik

Registered User
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Caribbean
Fave Players: Kaka, Pato, Messi, Iniesta, Nesta, Gourcuff, Cesc
Mystik is on a distinguished road
With the fact that we're buying a powerful forward to partner Pato up front...I'd say that Seedorf has already been partially replaced. Just the formation change to 4-3-1-2 relegates Seedorf to the bench (because he won't play CM anymore...not that I want him to anyway).
Mystik is offline  
Old 22-06-2008, 23:23   #6204

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29. View Post
You didn't watch him a lot, that's for sure.
I believe he's great and Arsenal could finally win something if they get him. He's exactly what they need and he's much better than the Balarusian guy and the Spanish NT reserve midfielder.
Arsenal doesn't deserve him. Frankly, I think he deserves a place in Milan. I think Seedorf is having too much pressure on him, and that Arshavin could help reduce that. And that way, we add more teeth to our midfield. I love Seedorf and its always a joy to watch him play, but he needs some rest.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 22-06-2008, 23:28   #6205

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Arsenal doesn't deserve him. Frankly, I think he deserves a place in Milan. I think Seedorf is having too much pressure on him, and that Arshavin could help reduce that. And that way, we add more teeth to our midfield. I love Seedorf and its always a joy to watch him play, but he needs some rest.
i will personally write a death threat to galiani if arsenal sign him. arsenal wont pay alot for him. arsenal dont pay high wages. if the can sign him with in my opinion harsh transfer policies, than our management is clearly NOT trying.

you can argue we dont need an AM... i'd argue we do. But class is class is class. A player like him does not come along that often and u should strike when u can
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 23-06-2008, 00:07   #6206

Kaka--7thUCL

Registered User
 
Kaka--7thUCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Location: Germany
Fave Players: R10 Boban Van Basten Kaka Forlan Pirlo R9 Sheva
Kaka--7thUCL is on a distinguished road
we need to make transfers worth their money.
im guna give a list of players we should definitely buy, although theyl be costly..
ronaldinho .. we cant give in on the chase for him, hes always one of the best and hel find his form back at milan, chiellini, he was definitely the most outstanding player against spain, grosso, another great player against spain, hes very influencial up the wing and hes fluent in giving crosses in, and finally adebayor or arshavin, we also need a goalkeeper:| have we completely forgot how badly dida and kalac did last season? id go for doni
__________________
Es gibt keine Mannschaft wie Mailand!

Träumen Sie Mannschaft:
Attack:Henry
Mid1:R10,K22
Mid2:Robben,Ballack,Gerrard,C.Ronaldo
Def:Terry,Nesta,Puyol
GK:Casillas
Kaka--7thUCL is offline  
Old 23-06-2008, 00:12   #6207

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
i will personally write a death threat to galiani if arsenal sign him. arsenal wont pay alot for him. arsenal dont pay high wages. if the can sign him with in my opinion harsh transfer policies, than our management is clearly NOT trying.

you can argue we dont need an AM... i'd argue we do. But class is class is class. A player like him does not come along that often and u should strike when u can
If I was Berlusconi (like some claim around here), I'd be the first to fire Galliani if Arsenal signs him. Anybody that ends up in Arsenal in my opinion is wasted talent. Fabregas isn't really that great, and let me bet you if he went elsewhere his downward spiral would happen.

I do argue that we need an attacking midfielder, but personally I don't think you are going about this correctly (with some things you have said).
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 23-06-2008, 01:55   #6208

kakacmilan best

Registered User
 
Join Date: 04 2008
kakacmilan best is on a distinguished road
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=746602
Real thinking about selling Sneijder!!!
We must buy him!
kakacmilan best is offline  
Old 23-06-2008, 02:07   #6209

Rico

Registered User
 
Rico's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2007
Location: Skive
Fave Players: Kaka, Massaro, Ancelotti, Gullit, Sheva, Albertini
Rico is on a distinguished road
Selling six players?? The writer of this article must have misread the numerous occasions that Bernd Schuster have said that there will be few changes to the side.

Real Madrid will be further strengthened this summer. Ronaldo will come and a few more.
Rico is offline  
Old 23-06-2008, 02:22   #6210

rt9

Registered User
 
rt9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2006
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Fave Players: marco van basten, rui costa, kaka, pirlo
rt9 is on a distinguished road
Either way, I still think Sneijder is over-rated. Sure he put in some good performances for Holland, but he's unable to do that consistently over the course of a season. Further, you guys remember the fortune Real spent on him? They would never let him go and if they did it would not be less than what they spent.
rt9 is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.