AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-06-2008, 17:12   #6376

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
I think that everyone can say that Gilardino sucked for us, which is up for debate; but to say that he played without passion is not fair to him. He did play with his heart; it just didn't work out. But he is a classy guy, very professional and passionate.
__________________
FORZA MILAN
Xudong is offline  
Old 23-06-2008, 17:13   #6377

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
I dont know y borriello is being wrote up as a great guy and gila a cancer. As far as i've seen gilardino has been nothing but a complete classy guy. Probably why he got more opproptunities than his force displayed he deserved.

in my opinion his biggest problem was samre as tonis problem in euros. He doesnt MOVE. unlike goal paches like pippo and RVN who always move, may not be as fast as they were, but r always playing w/ defenders and moving. Gila would get frustrated and be easily taken out of game.

bt back to borriello. This guy was a cancer. Steroids? sex creams?! Maybe i'm jealous because belen is gorgeous... but in my opinion his career has been alot more lackadaisical and he's never seemed super serious. If milan thought so highly of his potential why would they sell half his rightS? Especially coming into a season where we had won champions league (reaD:" HAD MONEY) and were short on eligible strikers (pippo, ronaldo injuried... pato ineligible till jan).

I think Gilardino will rediscover some form. I dont think he really has the skill though to playfor a big club. I feel same way about boriello too though. Unlike Amauri (who some1 compared him to) who is skilled, and moves well
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 23-06-2008, 17:16   #6378

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
I dont know y borriello is being wrote up as a great guy and gila a cancer. As far as i've seen gilardino has been nothing but a complete classy guy. Probably why he got more opproptunities than his force displayed he deserved.

in my opinion his biggest problem was samre as tonis problem in euros. He doesnt MOVE. unlike goal paches like pippo and RVN who always move, may not be as fast as they were, but r always playing w/ defenders and moving. Gila would get frustrated and be easily taken out of game.

bt back to borriello. This guy was a cancer. Steroids? sex creams?! Maybe i'm jealous because belen is gorgeous... but in my opinion his career has been alot more lackadaisical and he's never seemed super serious. If milan thought so highly of his potential why would they sell half his rightS? Especially coming into a season where we had won champions league (reaD:" HAD MONEY) and were short on eligible strikers (pippo, ronaldo injuried... pato ineligible till jan).

I think Gilardino will rediscover some form. I dont think he really has the skill though to playfor a big club. I feel same way about boriello too though. Unlike Amauri (who some1 compared him to) who is skilled, and moves well
I never said that Gilardino was a cancer. And Borriello is a lot better now and I think he can prove himself to Milan. If he was such crap why would they buy him back (using your logic)? I'm sick and tired of people bashing on Borriello. Amauri has skills for a big club? How do you come to that assessment? He scored less goals than Borriello this previous season...

Lets look at it this way guys. I welcome Borriello and it seems like he has something to prove. I like that.

I also want Milan to buy Eto'o and Arshavin... or maybe Schweinsteiger (though I feel sorry for the announcer that has to say his name lol)... either way, I think Borriello is welcome to come back to Milan... and he had a great season.

Anyways, I have gone on and on about Eto'o... because he's the proven striker we need. He had the equaliser goal that got Barca that CL a few years back...
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 23-06-2008, 17:17   #6379

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
i think neither borriello or gilardino fall into a category of pippo, or even tevez... type of guy who may not be as technically skilled as r99 was in his day or drogba or henry in his prime etc etc....but is a complete warrior and fights for every opportunity upfront (think gattuso like mentality... which is what u need to succeed at a big club if u dont half the technical ability of pato or kaka or seedorf etc).

Thats what impressed me most on paloschi.... he seems like a real fighter, even though his skill was clearly not there yet (hey he's 18..... its to be expecteD)
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 23-06-2008, 17:20   #6380

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
I never said that Gilardino was a cancer. And Borriello is a lot better now and I think he can prove himself to Milan. If he was such crap why would they buy him back (using your logic)? I'm sick and tired of people bashing on Borriello. Amauri has skills for a big club? How do you come to that assessment? He scored less goals than Borriello this previous season...

Lets look at it this way guys. I welcome Borriello and it seems like he has something to prove. I like that.

I also want Milan to buy Eto'o and Arshavin... or maybe Schweinsteiger (though I feel sorry for the announcer that has to say his name lol)... either way, I think Borriello is welcome to come back to Milan... and he had a great season.

Anyways, I have gone on and on about Eto'o... because he's the proven striker we need. He had the equaliser goal that got Barca that CL a few years back...
didnt say u called him a cancer. it was 4 or 5 people who said he lacked passion etc. I was just drawing point, that i felt borriello lacked it alot more than gila. Just my opinion though....

He was bought back because he was cheap. Thats my honest opinion. He had a good season. He's italian. He didnt cost alot. I think if we honestly look at skill, we could have made better purchases for the roll of striker off the bench (which i think is what we see it as... because theoretically we're gonna get eto'o or adebayor... who will NOT be bench players lol).

you're welcome to disagree... its just how i see it
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 23-06-2008, 17:20   #6381

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
i think neither borriello or gilardino fall into a category of pippo, or even tevez... type of guy who may not be as technically skilled as r99 was in his day or drogba or henry in his prime etc etc....but is a complete warrior and fights for every opportunity upfront (think gattuso like mentality... which is what u need to succeed at a big club if u dont half the technical ability of pato or kaka or seedorf etc).

Thats what impressed me most on paloschi.... he seems like a real fighter, even though his skill was clearly not there yet (hey he's 18..... its to be expecteD)
Oh no... certainly not Inzaghi. Borriello or Gilardino have nothing on the man. I think Borriello will do fine if he plays with another striker though (4-3-1-2). National team performance aside, one can see this with the partnership of Di Natale and Quagliarella... maybe the reason Di Natale did not do well is because he didn't have his partner Quagliarella there.

And as far as Paloschi... I'd like to see Milan hold onto him if there is room, or loan him out for a season or two to develop his skills...

Last edited by Giancarlo; 23-06-2008 at 17:22.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 23-06-2008, 17:20   #6382

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
self-fulfilling prophecies?

Yes I agree, IN FACT R99 doesn't seem to have shown a lot of desire and passion for Milan either...
I'm quite sure you don't want to go down that Road Mr Jeff Especially as Ronaldo played hurt with us and ultimately paid for it. In case you didn't notice Ronaldo added other elements to his game that he wasn't previously associated with before such as playing playmaker and ferocious outside shooting If Ronaldo was as bad as people would have you believe he would see no reason to improve or change would he?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik View Post
Dru If you make your mind that he has no passion you'll EASILY find instances where you think he's shown no passion. If for example I thought Kaka had no passion for the shirt I'd take examples of games versus teams where he doesn't even look like trying. I could do the same for most of our players actually. Hence I don't think you could make such a statement.
What kind of player refuses to run into position?
What kind of player chooses to dive first and shoot later?
What kind of player when realizing that he is way off form doesn't drop into the midfield to mix it up?
What kind of player doesn't at least try to add new elements to his game?
What kind of player misses a penalty and refuses to apologize to the fans but instead says "I'll do it again the same way"?

In essence these charges could be levelled at many other players but I doubt they can all apply to any one player but Gila
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 23-06-2008, 17:21   #6383

acmilan24.com

Registered User
 
acmilan24.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: Poland
Fave Players: Kaka, Maldini
acmilan24.com is on a distinguished road
Gila will snap back his previous shine from Parma. I'm sure of that. Prandelli, Fiorentina's coach will give extra motivation to get back to top. In Milan his skills disappeared slowly...
acmilan24.com is offline  
Old 23-06-2008, 17:21   #6384

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
We seem to have forgotten about Pato.... he is just so much better than anyone else... but he still needs to mature a bit..
Jeff is offline  
Old 23-06-2008, 17:24   #6385

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
We seem to have forgotten about Pato.... he is just so much better than anyone else... but he still needs to mature a bit..
Yeah with all this talk, I feel kinda bad about that. I'll never forget him as he always seems so happy when he plays and scores. 9 goals in half of a season... that's better than Gila his entire season (sorry had to say that lol).

And once his finishing is even better... wow. I see great things this next season for him. He truly loves Milan and he does have passion. \

Well I'm off. Grocery store run.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 23-06-2008, 17:26   #6386

Jeff

Moderator
 
Join Date: 03 2002
Jeff is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post

What kind of player refuses to run into position?
What kind of player chooses to dive first and shoot later?
What kind of player when realizing that he is way off form doesn't drop into the midfield to mix it up?
What kind of player doesn't at least try to add new elements to his game?
What kind of player misses a penalty and refuses to apologize to the fans but instead says "I'll do it again the same way"?

In essence these charges could be levelled at many other players but I doubt they can all apply to any one player but Gila
1) you keep your eye on him for 90mins every time?
2) Dude, he only dives one and you are picking up on that. You don't need us to go to Inzaghi previously....
3) If he came back all the way to mix things up, there is no one in front. Have you seen luca toni comes back all the time to mix things up? In fact, Gila did and get free kicks too.
4) how can he add new elements to his game when the attack is barely there.
5) You see it as ego, I see that as taking responsibility. It's quite unimaginable to think that he means that he is NOT sorry to miss it. In fact, De Rossi just came out and said that he said he hated those who at the last minute backed up and didn't shoot for penalty. Now is that a problem?

This thus proves exactly what Mystik said.
__________________
What source you can trust:

Perfect: acmilan; MM

OK: Channel4; calciomercato; tg.com; La Gazzetta

Awful: Corriere; Tuttosport; tuttomercatoweb

Worst: tribalfootball; goal.com
Jeff is offline  
Old 23-06-2008, 17:27   #6387

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Your personal hatred against Gila makes you inegliable to join the debate here .

Maybe Borriello will start scoring next year and firing up like Luca toni, who knows...
I hope you are kidding.....when Gila played well I credited him....everything I said (good & bad is in the Gila thread) Once I even gave him kudos for trying and I knocked Ronaldo
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 23-06-2008, 17:28   #6388

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
And one last thing, Inzaghi is certainly not a diver. If he falls and he gets right back up. I remember one goal he did this previous season where he was tripped in the box, got back up and scored (I forget against which team that was... does anyone remember?). I think he tripped over a defender or maybe the goalkeeper...

Well I seriously need to get going... we'll talk later... and maybe after the Euros some exciting news will come up with transfers.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 23-06-2008, 17:34   #6389

drucurl

Registered User
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2006
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fave Players: Ronaldo Kaka Maldini Nesta Inzaghi Seedorf Pato
drucurl will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
And one last thing, Inzaghi is certainly not a diver
dude I think you may love Milan more than any of us...you love Milan like only a mother can
__________________
Milan is a rose,
love even the thorns.
drucurl is offline  
Old 23-06-2008, 17:37   #6390

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Oh no... certainly not Inzaghi. Borriello or Gilardino have nothing on the man. I think Borriello will do fine if he plays with another striker though (4-3-1-2). National team performance aside, one can see this with the partnership of Di Natale and Quagliarella... maybe the reason Di Natale did not do well is because he didn't have his partner Quagliarella there.


i really like quagliarella. He actually has alot of qualities like wayne rooney (in terms of skill... not douchebaggery). I said we should swap borriello for him when rumors came forth milan and juve were interested in quagliarella.

for the euro spain game.... i think no pirlo effected everyone. Aquilani was not ready for this position. Ambrosini worked real hard, but he's not pirlo. Alot of great service di natale, camorenesi etc saw in qualifying was cause of pirlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
And as far as Paloschi... I'd like to see Milan hold onto him if there is room, or loan him out for a season or two to develop his skills...
In an ideal situation. palo will be ready for milan when pippo retires...but thats a little while away. Love Paloschi's attitude, desire
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:07.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.