AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-06-2008, 11:17   #6631

Tony29.

Registered User
 
Tony29.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Location: South Slavia
Tony29. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
I personally dont care, Milan sold Sheva, Oliveira, Gilardino, Vogel...We have money do not be afraid. To invest 35mln in a normal thing for a big club. For sure the investment is an equal as Juve's investment in Amauri, who I dont rate as high as Adebayor. And Juve payed big money for him in the end. Not cheep at all, aldough Amauri is an excellent player.
It's kinda different because Juve payed "only" 15m for Amauri. There is 20m difference between the 35m Milan are offering (if we trust the reports) and the 15m Juve payed (+2 players).

Nevermind that, if Milan are ready to spend 35m eur then it means they have the money and the plan. They can afford it.
My point was of different nature. If Milan pay 35m eur (let me remind you, this will be a record transfer in Milan's history, equal to what you payed for Rui Costa) then it may cause a domino effect.
One certain club owner from Milano will probably think that he needs to do something more spectacular than what Milan did and pay some +40m for Quaresma and +30m for someone else.
Juve won't like to stand aside and they'll get involved by spending big money on some other player etc etc etc.

We may witness a very interesting summer mercato after all. After 5 years of average mercatos in serie A, this year the Italians will maybe rule the market.
Flamini rejected EPL football in order to sign for Milan. Liverpool are forced to sell Xabi (probably to Juve) in order to buy Barry. Now if Milan buy Adebayor even though Arsenal are trying to keep him and if Inter do manage to buy Lampard, Serie A will become much more respectable.
Add Mourinho to Inter and you'll see that the Italians do mean business this summer.
__________________
People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have
Tony29. is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 11:23   #6632

Russo-Neri

Registered User
 
Russo-Neri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Russo-Neri is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
So, Ronaldinho is a 'certain' thing, Ade is coming.
Wait, what did I miss? I see the stories regarding Ade's 70-80%, but I haven't heard anything about R10. What's the deal?
Russo-Neri is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 11:26   #6633

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo-Neri View Post
Wait, what did I miss? I see the stories regarding Ade's 70-80%, but I haven't heard anything about R10. What's the deal?
No, you dont miss anything, mate. It's still the same story. There is still no deal at all.
Siregar is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 11:37   #6634

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29. View Post
It's kinda different because Juve payed "only" 15m for Amauri. There is 20m difference between the 35m Milan are offering (if we trust the reports) and the 15m Juve payed (+2 players).

Nevermind that, if Milan are ready to spend 35m eur then it means they have the money and the plan. They can afford it.
My point was of different nature. If Milan pay 35m eur (let me remind you, this will be a record transfer in Milan's history, equal to what you payed for Rui Costa) then it may cause a domino effect.
One certain club owner from Milano will probably think that he needs to do something more spectacular than what Milan did and pay some +40m for Quaresma and +30m for someone else.
Juve won't like to stand aside and they'll get involved by spending big money on some other player etc etc etc.

We may witness a very interesting summer mercato after all. After 5 years of average mercatos in serie A, this year the Italians will maybe rule the market.
Flamini rejected EPL football in order to sign for Milan. Liverpool are forced to sell Xabi (probably to Juve) in order to buy Barry. Now if Milan buy Adebayor even though Arsenal are trying to keep him and if Inter do manage to buy Lampard, Serie A will become much more respectable.
Add Mourinho to Inter and you'll see that the Italians do mean business this summer.
Great post tony. Exactly what ive been saying with my epl friends. (Anyone who lives in america knows, the gigantic epl bias u find here) Like all things it'll balance out. There r players who go just for money, but the vast majority want to play fdor big clubs and win things. And as the epl gets more and more stacked up top. Players wont want to sign for a bit part at chelsea/liverpool... or to star at man city for more money... they will go to spain or italy, to a proven WC club like milan or barca.... I personally thought we were a couple years away from this happening in serie A. but with the absolute domination of the champions league, i think la liga and serie A are realizing they need to step there game up.

I hate to bash on america, but the thing people dont realize is... outside of english speaking countries, EPL teams arent held in as high regard. Italy and spain always gave an advantage w/ signing players because better climate/life/history. Who has more history prestige... real madrid or chelsea? If you are a highly talented footballer growing up in Brazil do you dream of playing for lvierpool or barcelona? I mean its fairly obvious....

you even see it happening w/ ronaldo. He plays for the highest grossing club in the world. Who just won a champions league, and he wants to leave for madrid

perhaps it is this reason milans transfer policy has frustrated me so much in past few seasons. Because on name and repuation, milan can sign almost anyone. But they choose not to. Milan is not in Man City's position throwing GIGANTIC offers and still not getting players...
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 11:40   #6635

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warro Bantan View Post
First, it was: Mgmt sucks, they talk too much, and are not buying anyone to strengthen the team, and look how badly we need a "world-class" striker.

Now its: I can't believe we are going to spend £30+M on ADEBAYOR?

You can satisfy some of the people some of the time, but u can never satisfy all the people all the time.

Sheesh...I guess even if we did add 4 or 5 players more to the squad, while kicking out a few (Brocci et al) we would hear: We are buying too many new players all at once!

I think Adebayor is a good purchase, not a great one, but if he, R10 come and the mercato ends there for us, I wouldn't be too upset.

The squad we would have w/ just those additions, might not win the scudetto, but UCL football would almost be assured for the next season, and if we add a defender in the Jan window, we might b able to hav enuf depth to get quite a distance, if not win, the UEFA Cup.

Its one thing to bring in a ton-load of new players, but quite another thing for them to gel, especially in the Serie A where teams opt for a draw, park 11 players behind the ball, and wait for u to make a mistake.

Not saying we don't need a "Zapata" or a new GK, in fact, we certainly do, and Abbiati can go to Siena for all I care, if he thinks he is too good for our bench.
I just don't get it anymore. If management doesn't spend the money, they suck. If management spends the money on a world class striker (and I'm willing to admit Adebayor is indeed that) they suck. It just seems like management cannot please some people and honestly I don't think they should because some on here are ungrateful. I'm sorry to come down hard on people, but this is irritating.

I'm willing to say "who cares?" If we get Adebayor or Eto'o for 35 million at lesat we have a reliable striker like that. Remember we paid a lot more players earlier.

I say we just splash the money on Adebayor... get a new goalkeeper, get Matteo Ferrari on the free... and look for an attacking midfielder (should be our other major/moderate signing).

Tony29, I too like your post...

Quote:
We may witness a very interesting summer mercato after all. After 5 years of average mercatos in serie A, this year the Italians will maybe rule the market.
Flamini rejected EPL football in order to sign for Milan. Liverpool are forced to sell Xabi (probably to Juve) in order to buy Barry. Now if Milan buy Adebayor even though Arsenal are trying to keep him and if Inter do manage to buy Lampard, Serie A will become much more respectable.
Add Mourinho to Inter and you'll see that the Italians do mean business this summer.
Indeed we may, and the average mediocre transfer seasons may be coming to the end this year. I think Italian clubs have always have had more money. Either way, more money or not, we have far less debt than EPL teams... the debt is staggering for some EPL teams. I think we are already seeing this happen as some teams may be forced to sell some players to help cover debt costs. I know this is a bit of a guess, but I think even Cristiano Ronaldo could be leaving the EPL for Spain.

I honestly see Spain and Italy ruling the transfer market this time. Teams like Liverpool are having it difficult to sign players... take Andrea Dossena... I'm not sure if that deal ever went through.

Last edited by Giancarlo; 25-06-2008 at 11:44.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 11:44   #6636

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Hehehe no Ferrari, please. Milan should stay away from Ferrari. Yeah, he is free but Milan HAVE TO pay his wages. Favalli, Pancaro were not stars but they were not awful in their previous clubs.
Siregar is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 11:44   #6637

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
I just don't get it anymore. If management doesn't spend the money, they suck. If management spends the money on a world class striker (and I'm willing to admit Adebayor is indeed that) they suck. It just seems like management cannot please some people.

I'm willing to say "who cares?" If we get Adebayor or Eto'o for 35 million at lesat we have a reliable striker like that. Remember we paid a lot more players earlier.

I say we just splash the money on Adebayor... get a new goalkeeper, get Matteo Ferrari on the free... and look for an attacking midfielder.
everyones just bitter from last season. myself included....Galliani's quotes to date havent exactly excited anyone, although i think we are all realizing his actions tend to differ from his mouth (or so i hope)

I would REALLY like to see zapata come... but i think on CD we probably ait a year until maldinis retirement, and we get champions league money. By then i hope we sign zapata + santacroce (or maybe canini... although i'll admit im not as familiar w/ him)

on AM, i'm so torn. I have fallen in love w/ arshavins abilities during euros. But ronaldinho... I mean he is probably most talented player i've seen in my lifetime (sorry zidane....). Still i think the more hungry player is the one to sign. Who that is.... i change my mind daily
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 11:46   #6638

Russo-Neri

Registered User
 
Russo-Neri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Russo-Neri is on a distinguished road
If we get Ade, then I hope we don't waste money on R10. There just wouldn't be any room in a starting XI for him unless you bench other key players like Pato or Pirlo. To be honest, I would rather have R10 than Ade because he's a little more versatile (he can play as a striker or give Kaka a rest at AMF). Should both Ade and R10 sign, then even if R10 comes free via Bosman, we'd still have to pay him top wages and I think that money could be put to better use elsewhere - especially GK. Also LB should have been a target this mercato as well. Janku is too injury prone. He plays poor defense and he isn't the best crosser in the world. Considering that all of our width play comes from Fullback, we need top crossing as well as solid defending. Too bad we didn't go for Vargas.

And while I'm giving my opinion, I'm not really sure I see as much need for a CB as many of you. Between Nesta and Kaladze and Maldini and Bonera (who I think is a very solid defender, though he does cause a lot of dumb fouls) this is one position that can be addressed next year. If Simic leaves (or preferably be used in a deal for Boruc), then find a cheap/free replacement (like Ferrari).

And sign CIGARINI!!!!

Wish list:

R10 or Adebayor
Cigarini
Boruc
good leftback (though i guess we can slide Zambro to left and have Oddo play on the right).
Russo-Neri is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 11:47   #6639

Giancarlo

BANNED!
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Giancarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
everyones just bitter from last season. myself included....Galliani's quotes to date havent exactly excited anyone, although i think we are all realizing his actions tend to differ from his mouth (or so i hope)

I would REALLY like to see zapata come... but i think on CD we probably ait a year until maldinis retirement, and we get champions league money. By then i hope we sign zapata + santacroce (or maybe canini... although i'll admit im not as familiar w/ him)

on AM, i'm so torn. I have fallen in love w/ arshavins abilities during euros. But ronaldinho... I mean he is probably most talented player i've seen in my lifetime (sorry zidane....). Still i think the more hungry player is the one to sign. Who that is.... i change my mind daily
Time to put the past behind you I say. If the guy is willing to correct mistakes and spend big, then lets give him a chance. I've went through this time and time again, Galliani only says things to send deceiving messages to other parties interested in the players Milan is interested in.

I too would like Zapata, but I haven't heard anything about that.

We simply do need an attacking midfielder, and I hope we pull a coup by signing Arshavin, but even Arshavin said he wants to play for Barcelona. If he does, Ronaldinho I bet you will be off loaded. One or the other I say. Don't worry I change my mind all the time too... I do think we need another attacking midfielder to cover for Seedorf... we should only use Seedorf for big games and maybe the UEFA cup...

Siregar, Ferrari is a pretty solid player... better than Favalli.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 11:48   #6640

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony29. View Post
It's kinda different because Juve payed "only" 15m for Amauri. There is 20m difference between the 35m Milan are offering (if we trust the reports) and the 15m Juve payed (+2 players).

Nevermind that, if Milan are ready to spend 35m eur then it means they have the money and the plan. They can afford it.
My point was of different nature. If Milan pay 35m eur (let me remind you, this will be a record transfer in Milan's history, equal to what you payed for Rui Costa) then it may cause a domino effect.
One certain club owner from Milano will probably think that he needs to do something more spectacular than what Milan did and pay some +40m for Quaresma and +30m for someone else.
Juve won't like to stand aside and they'll get involved by spending big money on some other player etc etc etc.

We may witness a very interesting summer mercato after all. After 5 years of average mercatos in serie A, this year the Italians will maybe rule the market.
Flamini rejected EPL football in order to sign for Milan. Liverpool are forced to sell Xabi (probably to Juve) in order to buy Barry. Now if Milan buy Adebayor even though Arsenal are trying to keep him and if Inter do manage to buy Lampard, Serie A will become much more respectable.
Add Mourinho to Inter and you'll see that the Italians do mean business this summer.
I think a return to the heyday is still far off, but it is a step in the right direction. I think all Serie A presidents and figureheads are steeped in a very cynical political tradition. They say one thing in public and do quite another in private (and no, I don't mean Calciopoli ). Does anyone remember when Galliani was sounding the death knell of Italian football in 2003? He bemoaned fiscal austerity in the country, but then signed Rivaldo on a pretty fat contract. Totti jumped on the blatant hypocrisy and tartly said (if I remember correctly), "Galliani complains about lack of money and then signs whomever he wants." So why do I get bent out of shape when Galliani talks of poverty in the market? Because he has done so for the past 2-3 summers and delivered very little. Now, however, if he doesn't then I don't know what else will motivate him.

Italian clubs have money, and they can certainly compete with English and Spanish clubs for the big players. It is the lesser known, but very good players who will swell the ranks of the likes of Blackburn and Sevilla over Torino and now Lazio. Taxation laws in Spain and the egalitarian income distribution in England means that mid-table clubs can attract players before Italian clubs can. It was not always thus because TV rights became instrumental in the late 90s. Furthermore, the likes of Cragnotti, an irresponsible, unscrupulous nitwit, serve as reminders for Italian club officials with bigger eyes than their stomachs.

I have said this many times on this forum (and tony 29 can attest to how I like to repeat myself ) until Italian clubs do not get full ownership of stadiums and boost their merchandising Serie A will be the third force in Europe. The clubs will require the largesse of Berlu and Moratti to compete with clubs. Also, TV rights account for 63% (something like that) of a big Serie A club's revenue portfolio. Surely, it will be wise to spread out your sources of money.

Last edited by Hasan Rossonero; 25-06-2008 at 11:53.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 11:50   #6641

zafrul

Registered User
 
zafrul's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2000
Location: Kuala Lumpur
zafrul
Hey, we've been voted to have done the BEST signing this summer so far!!!

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=750366
zafrul is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 11:50   #6642

Hasan Rossonero

Registered User
 
Hasan Rossonero's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12 2004
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Rivera, Maldini, Del Piero, Baggio, Nesta, Pirlo
Hasan Rossonero is on a distinguished road
Oh, and for the rest of the stuff, IMO Ade is not world class, but he has the potential to be.
Hasan Rossonero is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 11:53   #6643

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
personally i'm a little bitter the roma takeover by george soros was blocked. Although he lives in america, he is of hungarian decent and (i have alot of respect for him politically)... more so i read part of his biography he is a large fan of football (aka not stupid takeover like hicks and gillett at liverpool).... more so the takeover would have brought money into roma, and caused the milan clubs and juve to step up there game along w/ rest of serie A.... To tie in w/ what tony29 said.

The downside is it could have an epl effect. which i dont want. But i think everyone agrees, there is a large need for investment in calcio infostructure in italy. I went to a game at the stadio olympico last year... the fans were amazing.... but talk about a horrible place to watch a game, i was only halfway up and i felt miles away...
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 11:54   #6644

Siregar

Registered User
 
Siregar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: Franken
Fave Players: Marco Ezio FOSSATI & Simone Andrea GANZ
Siregar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
Siregar, Ferrari is a pretty solid player... better than Favalli.
I am sorry, I do think Favalli was much better compare to Ferrari right now (especially regarding errors they made). What FAvalli's problem is his fitness as he is already so old but for substitute number 3 its still ok.
When Favalli came to Milan (already 30+ yo), he showed he was decent player and played pretty well as fullback.

Ferrari made too many erors. If someone calls his name, what comes to my mind is 'blunder'. Yes, he was pretty solid defender years ago but its years ago. Then he made errors and blunders and becoming weak defender.

Say no to Ferrari.
Siregar is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 11:56   #6645

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siregar View Post
Say no to Ferrari.
i'd say depend on the length of contract. On a free, for depth he could be ok....but if we have to give him 2-3mil euros for 4 years and have a favalli, brocchi etc situation.... pass
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.