AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Transfers

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-06-2008, 15:06   #6691

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVBasten View Post
I don't think its much point to speculate in Arshavin, as much as he's a great player, but I just don't see Milan starting a bidding war with the rest of the big clubs, especially when the player himself says he wants to go to Spain and Barcelona (according to reports).

I have a big doubt that we will get Ronaldinho + a striker aswell, I think we will get 1 more player this summer that is a big signing, and that is Ronaldinho or a striker. I mean, if we are too cheap to pay 30-40mill euro for Eto'o, then how can we possibly buy Adebayor + Ronaldinho (or a different combo) for even more?
i disagree..... a deal is a deal is a deal. We were willing to pay 50 for dinho 2 years ago. Kaka, pato, ronaldo all love dinho. Our management likes our strong brazilian presense and likes keeping us a favorite club among brazilians....his ability to draw fans, ratings, jerseys would make him worthwhile.

dinho is also pretty much blocking an epl move. This will drag on a whillle but i think we'll get him at a compromised price.
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 15:18   #6692

Russo-Neri

Registered User
 
Russo-Neri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2007
Russo-Neri is on a distinguished road
I'm curious, do you guys really think that Milan will sign both Adebayor AND Dinho? I just don't see that. Especially in a year where we are not playing in CL. Hope I'm wrong....
Russo-Neri is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 15:21   #6693

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo-Neri View Post
I'm curious, do you guys really think that Milan will sign both Adebayor AND Dinho? I just don't see that. Especially in a year where we are not playing in CL. Hope I'm wrong....

we're not broke. We could sign both plus a keeper and class defender. but realisticalluy i think we'll get striker + dinho
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 15:38   #6694

julsesay

Registered User
 
Join Date: 01 2008
Location: New York
Fave Players: Van Basten, Paolo Maldini, George Weah
julsesay is on a distinguished road
transfer

If teams like Barca, Real, United, Chelse, Juventus, Bayern are very active in the transfer market and willing to pay high for talented players, why is ACMilan playing games with these players. The longer we wait for Dhino, the more difficult it will become to get him. Now that his agent has declared his wish to join Milan. This must be the rigth time to get him. Otherwise if Inter, Chelsea, Man U and Real come into the bid, it will shot his price very high and makes business more difficult.
If I were Galliani, I will go direct to Barca and strike a deal with them. Since they are interested in Adebayor just as we are. I will negotiate with Barca allowing them to get Adebayor on the basis that we get both Eto and Rhino on a single price. That means we still have our non EU position vacant. and pay less for Eto as compared to Adebayor. Ibelieve that Eto is far a better player than Adebayor, that he has proved for the passed five years as compared to Adebayor one fine year.
julsesay is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 15:47   #6695

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
its hard to say... hpysically adebayor is more gifted. personality wise adebayor is a better fit. Adebayor WANTS to play for milan...

skill wise eto'o is better TODAY. but eto'o is 27 adebayor is 24 and ade is off the better season. Also skillwise, i dont know if eto'o can play in serie A.... he's fast sure, but hes not very physical. everyone saw barca v. manUtd in CL semis. Eto'o looks awful. ManUtd played as an italian team. they sat back absorbed ball.... let barca dribble away but they dont do **** in final 3rd... then countered on them. This is a style majority of serie A play.
All that being said, i'm still not convinced ade is a 35 mil euro player. he has all the tools... doesn't mean he's WC. I think he can become though. I also think with kaka, pato, pirlo, seedorf (dinho!?) he could better. He only slumped w/ arsenal when they got alot of injuries... namely eduardo and rosisky.... then hleb and fabregas's form dropped because the ywere over worked...
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 16:12   #6696

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmannq8 View Post
I'll bet that we wont be signing Adebayor, anyone wanna set the stakes??
I seem to recall having a wager with you on whether or not Gila was coming...was it you hitman?

Still waiting on my $s if it was u!
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 16:29   #6697

Ceceves

Registered User
 
Ceceves's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 2008
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Ceceves is on a distinguished road
It's true that Eto'o physically can't match Adebayor, but he has other qualities; while he's no targetman he's certainly a fox-in-the-box-kinda-player. Much like Inzaghi, he's not 1,95 m and he doesn't weigh in at 90+ kg, but he's very clever positionally and can work his way towards the ball, instead of plowing his way there, like Ade or Luca Toni for instance. And once he's on the ball, Eto'o's just so much sharper than Ade. Pippo's a great scorer in Serie A, why not Sammy?

With regards to his personality, I don't think he's incompatible with our style. He's very honest and doen't hide from the media, sure, but he's not like Drogba or anything like that. Plus what about Adebayor, remember his feud with my compatriot Nicklas Bendtner - I know Nicklas' a bit of a douchebag/arrogant, but it takes two to start a war...

And Eto'o and Dinho hating each other? I think it's just a good story the press picked up somewhere and ran with it.
Ceceves is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 16:36   #6698

MVBasten

Registered User
 
Join Date: 10 2007
MVBasten is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano84 View Post
i disagree..... a deal is a deal is a deal. We were willing to pay 50 for dinho 2 years ago. Kaka, pato, ronaldo all love dinho. Our management likes our strong brazilian presense and likes keeping us a favorite club among brazilians....his ability to draw fans, ratings, jerseys would make him worthwhile.

dinho is also pretty much blocking an epl move. This will drag on a whillle but i think we'll get him at a compromised price.
2 years ago is a different matter. Today Milan lost a ton of money on not qualifying for CL, Dinho was far closer to his best form and Dinho wasnt pushing to leave Barca. I would be willing to bet money that Milan will not buy 2 or more players costing at least 20 million euros each, cause I just dont think we will spend 30mill on Ade and another 25 on Dinho at this time. I think the management basically thinks that Dinho can be used both deep and as a striker, and that if he comes we will use him with Kaka behind a single striker (Pato or Borriello), or push forward either Dinho or Kaka to play with 2 strikers and 1 playmaker.

But what if we sign Dinho + a striker like Ade? What will our first lineup be? Ancelotti wont totally change our formation, he has used the current one (basically the same formation with 1 or 2 striker variants) for so many years. Will Pato be put on the bench and we use Ade up front with Dinho or Kaka by his side, or the two latter behind him? Why would we pay so much to get Boriello back then, if Pato is gonna be the 1st choice on bench (which is redicolous as it is, he should play regularly!) and Boriello getting maybe 5 matches the whole season (unless we get alot of injuries). Boriello stated before he came back that if moving back to Milan meant he wouldnt play, he would rather stay in Genoa, so I cant possibly understand how we can sign both Dinho and a striker.

Personally I think Dinho is the better player compaired to Ade, but Ade is the type of player we need. The more I think of it the more I think I prefer Ade over Dinho, and just pray that he wont flop and that he will improve as he become older. I rather play with a big strong striker up top, Pato by his side as the roaming striker and Kaka behind them. I hoped for Drogba as the big strong striker, but I guess that ship has sailed.

But when all comes to all I will be look forward to the new season regardless as long as we get any big signing attacking player. If we end up not signing anyone I will be really dissapointed and expect us to have another horrible season unless Boriello somehow can manage to show us sceptics we are wrong about him. And who knows, maybe Ronaldo can do yet another comeback and become a joker towards the end of the season.
MVBasten is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 17:18   #6699

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVBasten View Post
2 years ago is a different matter. Today Milan lost a ton of money on not qualifying for CL, Dinho was far closer to his best form and Dinho wasnt pushing to leave Barca. I would be willing to bet money that Milan will not buy 2 or more players costing at least 20 million euros each, cause I just dont think we will spend 30mill on Ade and another 25 on Dinho at this time. I think the management basically thinks that Dinho can be used both deep and as a striker, and that if he comes we will use him with Kaka behind a single striker (Pato or Borriello), or push forward either Dinho or Kaka to play with 2 strikers and 1 playmaker.
do you know how rich berlusconi is? he could sink 150 mil and not be anything if he wanted...Last time we didnt qualify for CL was 2001. We finished 6th. what did we do bought pippo for 25 mil, rui costa for 35 + other signings (pirlo, halatze, thomasson)..... next summer we bought nesta for 30 + seedorf etc. The no money is clearly a ploy to lower prices. whether berlu will or wont sink money is the q

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVBasten View Post
But what if we sign Dinho + a striker like Ade? What will our first lineup be? Ancelotti wont totally change our formation, he has used the current one (basically the same formation with 1 or 2 striker variants) for so many years. Will Pato be put on the bench and we use Ade up front with Dinho or Kaka by his side, or the two latter behind him? Why would we pay so much to get Boriello back then, if Pato is gonna be the 1st choice on bench (which is redicolous as it is, he should play regularly!) and Boriello getting maybe 5 matches the whole season (unless we get alot of injuries). Boriello stated before he came back that if moving back to Milan meant he wouldnt play, he would rather stay in Genoa, so I cant possibly understand how we can sign both Dinho and a striker.
formation this is interesting. I think carlo played more defensive because of limitation of personel. When he had ability he played seedorf in midfield... kaka attacking pato + ronaldo upfront. if he had more options i think he'd attack more. Last year depth was a real problem, so i welcome having a problem w/ too many attackers who need to start.

borriello i dont care what he wants. he's done nothing to deserve a garenteed starting spot. I personally think he'll fail. thats just me. but if he doesnt, by all means upend a starter... put him to bench


Quote:
Originally Posted by MVBasten View Post
Personally I think Dinho is the better player compaired to Ade, but Ade is the type of player we need. The more I think of it the more I think I prefer Ade over Dinho, and just pray that he wont flop and that he will improve as he become older. I rather play with a big strong striker up top, Pato by his side as the roaming striker and Kaka behind them. I hoped for Drogba as the big strong striker, but I guess that ship has sailed.
i agree dinho is better... but ade is good. different type fo players. Dinho on form though is best in world. no doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVBasten View Post
But when all comes to all I will be look forward to the new season regardless as long as we get any big signing attacking player. If we end up not signing anyone I will be really dissapointed and expect us to have another horrible season unless Boriello somehow can manage to show us sceptics we are wrong about him. And who knows, maybe Ronaldo can do yet another comeback and become a joker towards the end of the season.
i hope so about ronaldo. first jersey i ever owned... ronaldo brazil jersey. i still have it.... doesnt fit :'(
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 17:20   #6700

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
really MVbasten.. i just HOPE you're wrong.... your logic we wont get both holds true. I just hope you're wrong and we get a AM and a striker
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 17:30   #6701

acmilan24.com

Registered User
 
acmilan24.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: Poland
Fave Players: Kaka, Maldini
acmilan24.com is on a distinguished road
Igniazio Abate said Adriano Galliani wants to keep him in Milan for next season. Whilst the player himself dreams of moving to Torino or Sampdoria in the near future.

http://www.acmilan24.com/content/view/5312/
acmilan24.com is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 17:42   #6702

Vulli

Reuters Milan Correspondent
 
Vulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Republic of Kosovo
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Vulli is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
I think the reason why we're getting Adebayor is the the odds on getting Ronaldinho are quite in our favour and if he were to come the fact that he and Eto'o hate eachother will affect our dressing room. Milan usually looks to ensure that the family keeps close (at least under Carlo's regime). Adebayor is the only logical alternative. If Eto'o is sure to come then Milan would do well to move for Asharvin or some other attacking mid because we all know how the rift rocked Barca. Eto'o is a nice guy and a better player than Adebayor for sure but he is a bit too feisty....compared to our relatively laid back group....The only person I see him really connecting with is Gattuso Ronaldinho is more in keeping with Milan's mentality of calmness. Imagine if Eto'o were to rush Seedorf off the ball he would surely get his @$$ kicked.....Sheva tried that once...we all know what happened to him
what about Drogba i think Drogba-Dinho would be good for Milan

Last edited by Vulli; 25-06-2008 at 17:44.
Vulli is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 17:49   #6703

Milano84

Registered User
 
Milano84's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2008
Location: California
Fave Players: Seedorf
Milano84 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulli View Post
what about Drogba i think Drogba-Dinho would be good for Milan
pass on drogba... 30, whines, only 1.5 seasons of production. I'll take adebayors mentality over drogba
__________________
Milano84 is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 17:52   #6704

Vulli

Reuters Milan Correspondent
 
Vulli's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2007
Location: Republic of Kosovo
Fave Players: Paolo Maldini
Vulli is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl View Post
I think the reason why we're getting Adebayor is the the odds on getting Ronaldinho are quite in our favour and if he were to come the fact that he and Eto'o hate eachother will affect our dressing room. Milan usually looks to ensure that the family keeps close (at least under Carlo's regime). Adebayor is the only logical alternative. If Eto'o is sure to come then Milan would do well to move for Asharvin or some other attacking mid because we all know how the rift rocked Barca. Eto'o is a nice guy and a better player than Adebayor for sure but he is a bit too feisty....compared to our relatively laid back group....The only person I see him really connecting with is Gattuso Ronaldinho is more in keeping with Milan's mentality of calmness. Imagine if Eto'o were to rush Seedorf off the ball he would surely get his @$$ kicked.....Sheva tried that once...we all know what happened to him
Dinho-Eto'o they are probably not the best friends, but that doesn't mean they can't be team-mates
Vulli is offline  
Old 25-06-2008, 17:52   #6705

t.gianni

Registered User
 
t.gianni's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04 2008
t.gianni is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasan Rossonero View Post
I really really hope we get no Turkish players. They are very overrated.
With all due respect to you Hasan, saying that all turks are overrated, is in itself an overrated statement.
-------------------------
I seem to remember that a football fan on MM who watched the Galatasaray matches said that when Turan (LM) and Ribery (RM) used to play together, Turan was the better player among the two. If he came for 8-10 million euros, I certainly would like to have him.
t.gianni is offline  
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:40.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.